q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg
There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 89.
#1001 5 years ago
Quoted from Kronlar:

Pro controller is excellent if you ever play it in docked mode.

Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I have two...best controller of any system out there. Worth it!!

Thanks guys! I think I will go for it.

#1002 5 years ago

Hey guys, love they are bringing the real coin op arcade classics, just downloaded original VS. super Mario bros. (different and imo better than nes)

Don’t keep up with all switch news, any other titles coming? (Excitebike)
The portability factor with new and classics, super convenient.

#1003 5 years ago
Quoted from boslj:

I'm thinking about getting a Pro controller. Is it worth the price tag?

Quoted from Kronlar:

Yup, pro controller is the only way to play, if you can!

#1004 5 years ago

looks like my patience/stubbornness may pay off for a Celeste physical release!

https://nintendosoup.com/celeste-is-receiving-a-physical-release-for-nintendo-switch/

#1005 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

looks like my patience/stubbornness may pay off for a Celeste physical release!
https://nintendosoup.com/celeste-is-receiving-a-physical-release-for-nintendo-switch/

Sweet! I've been waiting for that, or a sale lol

#1006 5 years ago

More potential BOTW spoilers:

Quoted from winteriscoming:I'm getting through all that, and then he comes back stronger with electric teleportation melee hits after the lightning rod round. If he hits me during that, it's a one hit kill. I guess I just need to dodge better.

I have no idea what changed. I had like 9 hearts and there were a few attempts where he would still one-hit kill me with his lightning powered teleport melee hit in the last phase. So while he seemingly had the capacity to do so, on my successful attempt, I guess he just didn't do it... anyway, I killed the jerk!

#1007 5 years ago

Night Trap open pre-orders are up on Limited Run Games, if anyone is interested in that culty piece of 80's schlock. I bit, as I just find it really funny that the most controversial Sega CD game of the 90's is now gonna be on a Nintendo cartridge lol. At the congressional hearings, Howard Lincoln said "Night Trap will never appear on a Nintendo console". Hahahhaa!

#1008 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Night Trap open pre-orders are up on Limited Run Games, if anyone is interested in that culty piece of 80's schlock. I bit, as I just find it really funny that the most controversial Sega CD game of the 90's is now gonna be on a Nintendo cartridge lol. At the congressional hearings, Howard Lincoln said "Night Trap will never appear on a Nintendo console". Hahahhaa!

i thought about it but then its such a bad game not really worth it lol. the limited edition with the vhs would be cool but not for $70 bucks. it sold out pretty quick anyways

#1009 5 years ago

i thought about it but then its such a bad game not really worth it lol. the limited edition with the vhs would be cool but not for $70 bucks. it sold out pretty quick anyways

The standard edition is open pre-order and only $30. I could hang with that. I don't need all the other crap & I can still sell this one when I get bored of it.

#1010 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The standard edition is open pre-order and only $30. I could hang with that. I don't need all the other crap & I can still sell this one when I get bored of it.

yeah, its just not fun and really just a memorization game. if you want to experience the story and see all the scenes then you miss augers and let girls die. if you do everything right you dont get to watch it and see whats going on. neat game but not fun which is what i base my purchases on

#1011 5 years ago

yeah, its just not fun and really just a memorization game. if you want to experience the story and see all the scenes then you miss augers and let girls die. if you do everything right you dont get to watch it and see whats going on. neat game but not fun which is what i base my purchases on

Yeah I’m not gonna defend Night Trap’s merits. As a game it has none. I’m buying it out of nostalgia and irony lol.

#1012 5 years ago

If anyone wants my Crash Bandicoot for $30, PM me! Dogs not included.

D503DB54-7C8A-452B-BE84-23012D83EC86 (resized).jpegD503DB54-7C8A-452B-BE84-23012D83EC86 (resized).jpeg
#1013 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If anyone wants my Crash Bandicoot for $30, PM me! Dogs not included.

You didn’t like it?

#1014 5 years ago

In that spirit, anyone want Mario Tennis Aces for $45 shipped? Like new condition.

#1015 5 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

In that spirit, anyone want Mario Tennis Aces for $45 shipped? Like new condition.

PM sent on the Mario Tennis.

Also, I have a Hyrule Warriors Definitive Collection I would sell for $45 shipped.

#1016 5 years ago

I have Battle Chasers Nightwar for $25 if anybody is interested. Would mind trading towards Mario Tennis, Donky Kong, Kirby or something else maybe.

#1017 5 years ago

Nintendo Switch B/S/T thread?

I'm all for it . I just have trouble letting go of games I buy because I'm too lazy...but if anyone is interested, I'd let go of my Zelda BOTW or Mario + Rabbids.

I'd trade for Mario Odyssey or Mario Kart 8.

#1018 5 years ago

If you are looking for a cheap little time waster, Super One More Jump is kinda fun. It is on sale for ~$5 on the eshop.

Just one button to play, but it isn't super easy.

#1019 5 years ago
Quoted from Kronlar:

I bought 2 when Amazon had a sale on then a couple months ago. I definitely love them. Last night I played through SF2 using the analog sticks and was able to perform pretty well. I only lost one round on default difficulty and one on the next highest. And I’m not usually great on 2D fighters with analog sticks.

#1020 5 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

More potential BOTW spoilers:

I have no idea what changed. I had like 9 hearts and there were a few attempts where he would still one-hit kill me with his lightning powered teleport melee hit in the last phase. So while he seemingly had the capacity to do so, on my successful attempt, I guess he just didn't do it... anyway, I killed the jerk!

Question: Do you remember what gear you were wearing when he was destroying you? Because if you had a lot of metal gear on, that will increase the damage you take from lightning attacks.

#1021 5 years ago

Still selling my games as a bundle. Check my ad fyi.

#1022 5 years ago

Mario Rabbits & $30 shipped
Battle Chasers Nightwar - $25 shipped
Ittle Dew 2 - $25 shipped
Super Bomberman R - $30 shipped
secert of Mana collection Japanese - $35 shipped

$125 shipped for all

15311867263411387081052 (resized).jpg15311867263411387081052 (resized).jpg

Added over 6 years ago:

Update:

Mario Rabbits SOLD
Super bomberman SOLD
Battle Chasers SOLD

all games sold have been shipped

#1023 5 years ago

InfiniteLives I’m interested in Bomberman. You take PayPal? PM me. Thanks!

#1024 5 years ago

Did anyone grab The Pinball Arcade DLC tables on the switch before they were pulled? The classics (TAF, TZ, etc) If so, please PM me. I will make it worth your time!

#1025 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Did anyone grab The Pinball Arcade DLC tables on the switch before they were pulled? The classics (TAF, TZ, etc) If so, please PM me. I will make it worth your time!

I got Pack #1, so I still have CC, CP, WH2O, T2, and some others.

#1026 5 years ago

octopath comes out tomorrow, im pretty excited! Have the special edition en route

#1027 5 years ago

octopath comes out tomorrow, im pretty excited! Have the special edition en route

Was just coming here to post this! I have just the standard edition coming but cant wait either way. I really enjoyed the demo and can't wait to really sink my teeth in. Going to try to enjoy it over the TV and theater system to really get the experience.

#1028 5 years ago

kotaku just posted their review, and it's kind of mixed

it sounds like the visuals and music are incredible but the storylines don't really mesh together very well. I watched a few of the videos of the battle system and it looks really nice. I can't wait to receive my wayfarer's edition tomorrow

#1029 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

kotaku just posted their review, and it's kind of mixed
it sounds like the visuals and music are incredible but the storylines don't really mesh together very well. I watched a few of the videos of the battle system and it looks really nice. I can't wait to receive my wayfarer's edition tomorrow

I think people are being big babies about the story. 1) Who cares if they all merge as long as the individual stories are great. 2) No one has played more than about 30 hours of a 60-80 hour game so we don't even yet know if they all come together in the end. I don't knpw what it is about people today. You could hand most of them a $100 bill and they'd complain if it wasn't crisp.

#1030 5 years ago

i think it might have the makings to be a classic but i guess time will tell. I dont put much (or any) stock in reviews.

#1031 5 years ago
Quoted from boslj:

Thanks guys! I think I will go for it.

I finally got a Pro controller and everyone was right - this thing rocks! Now I want another

#1032 5 years ago

i think it might have the makings to be a classic but i guess time will tell. I dont put much (or any) stock in reviews.

IGN gave it 9.3!

‘NUFF SAID.

#1033 5 years ago
Quoted from boslj:

I finally got a Pro controller and everyone was right - this thing rocks! Now I want another

Ya, the joycons in a hand held unit can’t even compare. The pro controller is the way to play.

#1034 5 years ago

not specifically switch related, but read-only memory just started a kickstarter for a SEGA arcade pop-up book. early bird options are already sold out

details can be found here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/darrenwall/sega-arcade-pop-up-history/description?mc_cid=5dbd556dd2&mc_eid=58eb689280

#1035 5 years ago

So many great games to look forward to!

DKC (didn't own a Wii U)
Inside
Octopath
Wolfenstein 2
Hollow Knight

And I have to admit, I kinda am intrigued by Toad Treasure Tracker, even if a little cutesy.

Add that to the list I've already played through, I'm a Switch fanboy for sure. Mario Odyssey, Zelda, Mario Rabbids, MK8, Splatoon.

#1036 5 years ago

If you like puzzle games at all, get the demo for toad treasure tracker and try but I’m getting it. I played it on wiiu and loved it

#1037 5 years ago

Not sure if it was mentioned already here but did you guys see the flip grip kickstarter?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fangamer/flip-grip

definitely will help with those vertical games.

#1038 5 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Not sure if it was mentioned already here but did you guys see the flip grip kickstarter?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fangamer/flip-grip
definitely will help with those vertical games.

If you guys listen to the Retronauts podcast at all, the host Jeremy Parish (has also done editorials for lots of video game magazines over the years) is a co-creator of this, if that helps at all. Seems like it would be welcomed for vertical shmups, Pinball Arcade, and the like.

#1039 5 years ago

For anyone that is a fan of 3D platformers with an RPG twist the game Dead Cells will be released for the Switch on August 7th. I played the game on the Switch this year at PAX East and its awesome. Reminds me of Super Metroid and Castlevania a bit. The game has been in early access on Steam (PC) with great reviews.

#1040 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

For anyone that is a fan of 3D platformers with an RPG twist the game Dead Cells will be released for the Switch on August 7th. The game has been in early access on Steam (PC) with great reviews.

Metroidvania style? Right up my alley!

#1041 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Metroidvania style? Right up my alley!

Oh yeah! Exactly.

#1042 5 years ago

that looks really dope! and there is a physical copy so def on my list! thanks for the heads up

#1043 5 years ago

I usually don't go for third party peripherals, but does anyone have a good alternative to the Pro controller? I can't justify the $65 price tag on those puppies.

#1044 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I usually don't go for third party peripherals, but does anyone have a good alternative to the Pro controller? I can't justify the $65 price tag on those puppies.

dude its so worth it. its the best controller of all time. and ive owned almost every system from every company since the nes...

#1045 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

If you guys listen to the Retronauts podcast at all, the host Jeremy Parish (has also done editorials for lots of video game magazines over the years) is a co-creator of this, if that helps at all. Seems like it would be welcomed for vertical shmups, Pinball Arcade, and the like.

i heard about it on the CU podcast and went and got in on the kickstarter right after, glad i did as trying to play pinball arcade vertically is a pain.

#1046 5 years ago

found this as an alternative. I've got a couple PS4 controllers that I would probably prefer
https://www.amazon.com/Magic-NS-Wireless-Xbox360-Controller-Mayflash-Windows/dp/B079B5KHWQ/ref=sr_1_2

#1047 5 years ago

you can pre-order the new ridley and wolf amiibos off amazon or best buy as of right meow. if you have time left on your best buy gamer club you get the discount and can get $1 off each for picking up in store.

#1048 5 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

So many great games to look forward to!
DKC (didn't own a Wii U)
Inside
Octopath
Wolfenstein 2
Hollow Knight
And I have to admit, I kinda am intrigued by Toad Treasure Tracker, even if a little cutesy.
Add that to the list I've already played through, I'm a Switch fanboy for sure. Mario Odyssey, Zelda, Mario Rabbids, MK8, Splatoon.

I didn't have a Wii U either and I am definitely loving DKCTF on the Switch. Great mix of level design. Some are fast, slow, some easy, a few really challenging ones, and the bosses are multi-phase. I am definitely impressed. I'm about mid-way through but will be shelving it today as I just picked up my copy od Octopath Traveler.

#1049 5 years ago

Forget flipping that switch unit around and flip your TV around....GO BIG!

DDFB35F3-7CF9-4D86-B3D1-90ADAB48D963 (resized).jpegDDFB35F3-7CF9-4D86-B3D1-90ADAB48D963 (resized).jpeg
#1050 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

The knockoffs always strip way too much...they tend to ditch gyroscopic controls, HD rumble, amiibo support, etc...$65 is an issue on a pinball site!?

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey/page/21?hl=boslj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.