q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg
There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 89.
#951 5 years ago

I tried Fortnite for the last couple nights. It's just not for me, I've realized. I found the aiming to be bad, but aside from that I don't believe it deserves all the hate. And though I don't care for it, I can see what the draw of it is with the current generation. It's a game that's over rather quickly, whether it goes your way or not. And even if all you do is lose, you still get points and earn those rewards. I thought the building gimmick was OK but the novelty wore off pretty quickly. I think I'm just going to try and finish DKC before Octopath Traveler drops because that's jumping to the front of the line when it hits.

#952 5 years ago

Bought Splatoon 2 today.

About to go play it for the first time.

#953 5 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

It's a game that's over rather quickly, whether it goes your way or not. And even if all you do is lose, you still get points and earn those rewards.

This is basically true of Overwatch too, but I guess it depends on how badly you blow at Fortnite LMFAO. I blow at Fortnite (but I did get a headshot on someone finally with a sniper rifle..that was actually VERY satisfying...while playing with my kids in squad, no less.) pretty badly so if you're just comparing "time per round" as the only metric, then yeah..."Dies in the first 30"nite is not the same as "Dies in the top 10"nite by any stretch.

Fortnite also forces specific goals on you to get decent rewards, overwatch doesn't.

You pay up front for Overwatch, you pay monthly (for Battle Pass, at LEAST, if you're anything other than uber-super-casual) for Fortnite.

It's just different strokes. I outgrew the "collect all the stupid outfits" thing with TF2, 10 years ago. These kids spending all this ridiculous money were likely born right around that time or AFTER....so I get why the hook is there, but I also have the hindsight and wisdom to know that buying cosmetic crap is....meh.

#954 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Bought Splatoon 2 today.
About to go play it for the first time.

I’d say “let’s play!!” but I’m at level 62 so that just isn’t fair.

Although if you want any advice I’d be happy to help!

Rule #1: USE MOTION AIMING if you wanna git gud.

Be sure to pick a team for Splatfest this weekend! Even if you end up not playing, you’ll still earn Super Sea Snails for participating (although you get more if you play a bunch) ...you can use them to add slots to gear that doesn’t come with 3 slots.

#955 5 years ago

The motion controls suck ass. The fact it doesnt auto reset back to zero and having to oress a button to realign every time is a joke. I get why its SUPPOSED to be better to use the mtoion controls, but Im doing just fine doing better than level 14-25 people with the regular joyoad type controls.

I'm all ears otherwise, and I dont mind olaying with higher skill grouos for a challenge as long as peiple are gonna coach. Sucks that this tjing doesnt have a true built in voice chat....but Nintendo.

#956 5 years ago

Just had a round against a level 72 guy on the other team... The matchmaking is.... Ugly.

#957 5 years ago

play salmon run if it is open super fun

#958 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

The motion controls suck ass. The fact it doesnt auto reset back to zero and having to oress a button to realign every time is a joke. I get why its SUPPOSED to be better to use the mtoion controls, but Im doing just fine doing better than level 14-25 people with the regular joyoad type controls.
I'm all ears otherwise, and I dont mind olaying with higher skill grouos for a challenge as long as peiple are gonna coach. Sucks that this tjing doesnt have a true built in voice chat....but Nintendo.

Auto reset? I don’t even know how that would work or if I’d want it...i only use the reset button when I start the game to calibrate - after that, center is always center. I’ve also set mine to be more sensitive - so not much movement gives me lots of aiming range. You still use the stick for left/right when motion is on. It’s the subtle up/down you get with tilt that makes the gameplay soooo much better. Anyway - I really recommend you try it - especially with certain weapons like rollers - the aim you get on a jump/fling, I really don’t think that’s possible with stick only.

As for matchmaking, I’m getting matched with 100+ so, yeah lol. If you want “skill fairness”, try the ranked modes. If someone has played 1 hour or 100 hours and they’re both rank B, that means their skills are relatively comparable. While Turf War is competitive, it’s more of the “fun, no stress” mode.

I’m glad the game doesn’t have voice chat as a standard, but you can match up with friends using the Nintendo App and chat that way. However - pay attention & use the in-game chat commands. If someone says “This away” they’re indicating they’re in a safe spot and come help push & ink. Go to the map and use super jump (easier to use the map with motion). If someone does “Ouch” that’s a warning about the area they got splatted.
If someone BOOYAHs, Booyah back! Booyahs for someone saving you, for good splats, for morale lol...

Anyway - enjoy! I’ll always advocate motion aiming on Splatoon. I’ve never liked or been good at console shooters until I played Splatoon on Wii U, and motion aiming is a huge part of it. It adds to the gameplay and is just really satisfying and fun.

I was thinking of starting a Twitter just for uploading gameplay clips of Splatoon 2 and ARMS from my Switch lol. I post them on FB, but my page is private. If I do, I’ll let you know. I’ve pulled off some pretty crazy stuff that’s fun to watch.

#959 5 years ago

I didn't like motion aiming at first but after 50+ hours using it, I am sold. I try to play other FPS games now with the standard controls and find it frustrating now. I still prefer mouse and keyboard, but on a console I want motion aiming.

#960 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I didn't like motion aiming at first but after 50+ hours using it, I am sold. I try to play other FPS games now with the standard controls and find it frustrating now. I still prefer mouse and keyboard, but on a console I want motion aiming.

Even though I've never played anything with a mouse/keyboard (the concept of using word processing tools to game just seems so weird to me), the precision of aiming is why I imagine motion aim would totally appeal to a PC FPS gamer - it's basically a floating mouse!

The only way I'm gonna bother with Fartnite is if they patch it with motion aiming.

#961 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’ve also set mine to be more sensitive - so not much movement gives me lots of aiming range.

Oh duh...okay, this is actually a really good point, thanks.

Quoted from Rarehero:

If you want “skill fairness”, try the ranked modes.

Oh, nah. It's interesting to observe how other people are using specific weapons.

#962 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Oh duh...okay, this is actually a really good point, thanks.

Oh, nah. It's interesting to observe how other people are using specific weapons.

You can do that on ranked - but people use specific weapons for different reasons in ranked. In Turf War I tend to use something like Sploosh-o-Matic cuz it inks a lot of ground really fast, and I can use the curling bombs to rush or escape, and I love Splashdown. But in Tower Control, I switch to something with more range like the N-Zap, which comes with a suction bomb & I like to chuck those at the tower to stop the other team from jumping on it.

#963 5 years ago

I just got Breath of the Wild and am not too far into it, but am liking it quite a bit. It's very similar to Witcher 3 with more vertical movement and constantly breaking weapons. Anyone who likes Breath of the Wild and has the means to play Witcher 3 should give it a shot.

#965 5 years ago

Good concept as a handful of games work well in that screen mode however I’m never “crowd funding” anything anymore; even if it gets out it could be the biggiest pos.

#966 5 years ago

I would buy it if it was available, but won’t fund it.

It would be unneeded if the game designers would let us change the controls to be able to use the attached joycon in portrait mode.

#967 5 years ago

It seems that anyone who has played Zelda and Splatoon with motion controls but hasn't played a lot of FPS games on consoles thinks that motion control is the best thing since sliced bread but anyone who comes at it with FPS gamepad experience hates it at first. Stick with it, it's so much better (says someone from the former camp).

#968 5 years ago

Splatoonists old and new - Splatfest starts tonight!!!!!!

It's orange juice themed...Team PULP vs. Team NO PULP!

I'm on Team PULP!

I was getting some practice this morning when only high level Japanese players were on...I was holding my own and won 5 of 6 games! I think beating the Octo Expansion has really dialed in my motion aiming discipline!

(The players with the star * next to their number means they're really Level 104 and 113!!!! I'm always scared when I see those lol)

Splatoonwin.jpgSplatoonwin.jpg
#969 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I would buy it if it was available, but won’t fund it.
It would be unneeded if the game designers would let us change the controls to be able to use the attached joycon in portrait mode.

I looked a bit closer at the options, and saw that there is a setting so you can play using the lower joycon while in vertical mode. It is at the bottom, but named really strange (horizontal controls while horizontal, or something like that). It is a little harder to hold the switch than I thought it would be, but it works pretty well.

#970 5 years ago

I was on Pulp too, so WOOT for us. Clearly No Pulp had really terrible players to still lose after that much of a popularity margin! Wish I had done some research and seen that octo was paid content. On the upside...the price difference I got from picking it up on sale will pay for the expansion so... /shrug.

Really been enjoying it, but I'm having a REALLY hard time waffling back and forth between Overwatch, Splatoon 2, and No Man's Sky (Picked up for 15 bucks lol) along with WoW. Just a glut of stuff to play right now!

#971 5 years ago

Crash bandicoot tomorrow! Gonna scoop that up

Oh and for Father’s Day I got a dock to play and charge at the same time

B04C8E4B-1D08-4482-AD46-0DA6A88F3731 (resized).jpegB04C8E4B-1D08-4482-AD46-0DA6A88F3731 (resized).jpeg
#972 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Crash bandicoot tomorrow! Gonna scoop that up
Oh and for Father’s Day I got a dock to play and charge at the same time

Oh I think I got a similar stand, but black...it's great for games with a TATE/Vertical mode!

Switch_stand (resized).jpegSwitch_stand (resized).jpeg
#973 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I was on Pulp too, so WOOT for us. Clearly No Pulp had really terrible players to still lose after that much of a popularity margin! Wish I had done some research and seen that octo was paid content. On the upside...the price difference I got from picking it up on sale will pay for the expansion so... /shrug.
Really been enjoying it, but I'm having a REALLY hard time waffling back and forth between Overwatch, Splatoon 2, and No Man's Sky (Picked up for 15 bucks lol) along with WoW. Just a glut of stuff to play right now!

TOO MANY GAMES! Thankfully Splatoon 2 is the only shooter type game I like, so I can dedicate lol ...I just hit 400 hours!!!!

The prob with that big of a popularity margin is that if you were on No Pulp, most of their matches were against EACH OTHER, which didn't count toward Splatfest totals.

Frax, add me!!! Friend code in pic if anyone wants to add me:

Switch_Friend_Code (resized).jpgSwitch_Friend_Code (resized).jpg
#974 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Oh I think I got a similar stand, but black...it's great for games with a TATE/Vertical mode!

Man I haven’t gone into the eshop in a while. DK looks good

#975 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Man I haven’t gone into the eshop in a while. DK looks good

The sound is a little janky (they don’t vary the walk sound like the arcade does), but it’s really cool having a 99% Arcade accurate DK on the go with vertical play!

#976 5 years ago

finally updated my switch last night (haven't played it in months) and proceeded to purchase both donkey kong and ikaruga

#977 5 years ago

Selling a few im done with:

Bomberman R
Ittle Dew 2
Battlechasers Nightwar
Seiken Densetsu Collection Japanese Secret of Mana Collection

sell em all $100 shipped to pinsiders

#978 5 years ago

Anyone ever play Flashback back in the Genesis, Super NES, Amiga era? How about the Switch remaster of it?

https://www.amazon.com/Flashback-25th-Anniversary-Collectors-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B07D3ZWNVQ/ref=sr_1_1

#979 5 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Anyone ever play Flashback back in the Genesis, Super NES, Amiga era? How about the Switch remaster of it?
amazon.com link »

have it on snes, not a great game. weird choice for this??

#980 5 years ago

Did anybody buy the switch physical copy of Blazblue CTB? I can’t figure out how to DL the newer characters being released up until this point and I got the game on day 1.

#981 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Did anybody buy the switch physical copy of Blazblue CTB? I can’t figure out how to DL the newer characters being released up until this point and I got the game on day 1.

Did you get it new sealed? Mmm my RL has DL codes on paper inserts for the expanded cars.

#982 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Did you get it new sealed? Mmm my RL has DL codes on paper inserts for the expanded cars.

I did. It only came with a mini music CD.

#983 5 years ago

I did. It only came with a mini music CD.

Interesting. I only ask as GameStop will open games but still sell them as new, so they could of not put the dlc card in.

So how do you know you don’t have the characters? I am just asking as I have not played B.B. since ps3. Maybe they are unlockables or maybe they are dlc, and there is a dlc option in the game settings while in game.

#984 5 years ago

I purchased my copy from amazon...they are releasing new character packs each month and they have already released 1 pack plus 1 pack was free DLC with the game. It was supposed to be included with the software update...checked and mine is up to date but none of the characters I should have received are there as I checked. I gotta call them me thinks.

#985 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Frax, add me!!!

Oh, I thought you were too l33t for me, sir?

#986 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

have it on snes, not a great game. weird choice for this??

Flashback is a great game...but NOT on the SNES.

#987 5 years ago

I purchased my copy from amazon...they are releasing new character packs each month and they have already released 1 pack plus 1 pack was free DLC with the game. It was supposed to be included with the software update...checked and mine is up to date but none of the characters I should have received are there as I checked. I gotta call them me thinks.

Oh man this game has some dlc drama around it

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/7q4jr2/do_not_buy_blazblue_cross_tag_battle_half_of_the/

#988 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Oh, I thought you were too l33t for me, sir?

LOL, nah - if anything it’s just fun to see what people are playing.

#989 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL, nah - if anything it’s just fun to see what people are playing.

I'll try to remember to add you tonight heh.

#990 5 years ago

Potential BOTW spoilers: I feel like I'm making decent progress in BOTW. I beat the bosses in the elephant and bird divine beasts relatively easily. However the lightning boss (Thunderblight Ganon) in the camel one seems to be ridiculously overpowered. The other 2 bosses were downright easy by comparison. I've even got some rubber pants and lightning resistant food, and when I get this jerk to his last phase (which is pretty easy to get to), he can basically one-hit kill me with my 5 or 6 hearts. Even with Mipha's Grace, I haven't been able to defeat him. I guess I'll move on for a while.

While playing, when I learned of the Divine Beasts, I was immediately reminded of Shadow of the Colossus. I think that game had a pretty good influence on BOTW. I recommend BOTW fans check out SOTC.

#991 5 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Potential BOTW spoilers: I feel like I'm making decent progress in BOTW. I beat the bosses in the elephant and bird divine beasts relatively easily. However the lightning boss (Thunderblight Ganon) in the camel one seems to be ridiculously overpowered. The other 2 bosses were downright easy by comparison. I've even got some rubber pants and lightning resistant food, and when I get this jerk to his last phase (which is pretty easy to get to), he can basically one-hit kill me with my 5 or 6 hearts. Even with Mipha's Grace, I haven't been able to defeat him. I guess I'll move on for a while.
While playing, when I learned of the Divine Beasts, I was immediately reminded of Shadow of the Colossus. I think that game had a pretty good influence on BOTW. I recommend BOTW fans check out SOTC.

I was actually proud of myself for figuring this one out on my own. For phase 1, I just got the timing down to do a perfect dodge when he zig-zags in and whittled him down on 2 or 3 flurries. For phase 2, when he conjures the metal spikes, grab one with your magnet power and push it right next to him. When he lets the lightning loose, it will zap him and knock him down. Rush in and let loose a combo. Just make sure while you’re doing it that you done end up next to a rod to get struck as well. I think I ran around for 30 minutes until I figured it out. I didn’t take any hits in that phase.

#992 5 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I was actually proud of myself for figuring this one out on my own. For phase 1, I just got the timing down to do a perfect dodge when he zig-zags in and whittled him down on 2 or 3 flurries. For phase 2, when he conjures the metal spikes, grab one with your magnet power and push it right next to him. When he lets the lightning loose, it will zap him and knock him down. Rush in and let loose a combo. Just make sure while you’re doing it that you done end up next to a rod to get struck as well. I think I ran around for 30 minutes until I figured it out. I didn’t take any hits in that phase.

I'm getting through all that, and then he comes back stronger with electric teleportation melee hits after the lightning rod round. If he hits me during that, it's a one hit kill. I guess I just need to dodge better.

#993 5 years ago

I even watched a video on YouTube, know exactly what I need to do, and still can’t do it. Lol

I haven’t played in months. Someday I will probably go back in and try to finish it.

#994 5 years ago

I'm getting through all that, and then he comes back stronger with electric teleportation melee hits after the lightning rod round. If he hits me during that, it's a one hit kill. I guess I just need to dodge better.

That's odd. I found this guy to be fairly easy. Maybe try cooking up some speed boosting food and add some ingredients to give you temporary hearts. That might let you take another hid and give you a little more maneuverability.

#995 5 years ago

10 days till Octopath Traveler. Looking forward to that one. Still need to pickup Mario Tennis Aces too.

Will be spending some time with Ikaruga, Yoku's, and a few others next week while on vacation. Might even break out BotW to make it past the 3rd divine beast. Too many options to play.

#996 5 years ago
Quoted from Kronlar:

10 days till Octopath Traveler. Looking forward to that one. Still need to pickup Mario Tennis Aces too.
Will be spending some time with Ikaruga, Yoku's, and a few others next week while on vacation. Might even break out BotW to make it past the 3rd divine beast. Too many options to play.

I haven't been as ready for a game in decades. I can hardly stand the wait for Octopath Traveler. I preordered online, I'm hoping it gets here on launch day.

#997 5 years ago

Night Trap is coming to Switch via Limited Run Games. Also Mutant Football League, which is kinda sorta the sequel to Mutant League Football that was on the Sega Genesis. Good retro stuff.

#998 5 years ago

I'm thinking about getting a Pro controller. Is it worth the price tag?

#999 5 years ago

Pro controller is excellent if you ever play it in docked mode.

#1000 5 years ago
Quoted from boslj:

I'm thinking about getting a Pro controller. Is it worth the price tag?

I have two...best controller of any system out there. Worth it!!

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey/page/20?hl=kronlar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.