2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,310 posts
  • 228 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 days ago by Pinballerchef
  • Topic is favorited by 64 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 261 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

3E7B095B-5046-49CD-B7BB-E1FC191328D9 (resized).png
EC05D553-57EE-4EE3-8227-9EB6907BA764 (resized).png
881A0C13-CC88-45FA-85C9-3E5CB8890737 (resized).jpeg
0BE07796-4910-472F-AA9B-B2A0B6E16E6D (resized).jpeg
363E74EC-5BB7-46D8-8192-AB757994AAF2 (resized).jpeg
E046AC42-CD75-4681-94D4-84E672873883 (resized).jpeg
39A44D9A-0A01-40C9-858D-B910537BF27C (resized).jpeg
5D59B2BD-0A56-46CD-8F0A-B70A1928F903 (resized).jpeg
B5DA974C-C2D6-4C50-902F-EBE42AEA9142 (resized).jpeg
lonely-mountains-downhill-switch-hero (resized).jpg
acmc (resized).jpg
92D06873-45C2-4B2B-ADC4-57FBBD90691B.jpeg
17D3AE92-ECCC-4CB2-A585-4EF4F0D54ECA (resized).jpeg
687C6F11-ECE0-45A2-B4F9-81DE4852A529.jpeg
FA4E4AF6-3824-4456-9A78-C580565412B3.jpeg
A8E504C1-9606-45A2-9009-64CF91C013CA (resized).jpeg

There are 3310 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 67.
#901 2 years ago

You can also buy retro controllers (same specs as original controllers) to USB port. I use the n64 one all the time when emulating. They make them for all systems. I use my nes emulator a lot and it's way better than the original. No blowing in carts, save game data, and any game I could ever own.........FREE.

#902 2 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

You can also buy retro controllers (same specs as original controllers) to USB port. I use the n64 one all the time when emulating. They make them for all systems. I use my nes emulator a lot and it's way better than the original. No blowing in carts, save game data, and any game I could ever own.........FREE.

Also lag lag lag. Emulation is not better than the original or good fpga hardware, especially if you play precise timing games like Punch Out or Megaman. If you want free games and accurate gameplay, get an AVS or NT & an Everdrive.

#903 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Also lag lag lag.

What are the specs of the PC your running? What emulator are you running? Lol. If you have lag with nes games like punch out or MegaMan there must be a bigger problem.

#904 2 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

What are the specs of the PC your running? What emulator are you running? Lol. If you have lag with nes games like punch out or MegaMan there must be a bigger problem.

I don't have a PC. Doesn't matter what the specs are. It's just the way emulation works. There will be lag. Maybe you don't perceive it...but it's there. If you enjoy it, continue.

#905 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I don't have a PC. Doesn't matter what the specs are. It's just the way emulation works. There will be lag. Maybe you don't perceive it...but it's there. If you enjoy it, continue.

I have been using emulators for forever, and I always thought the input lag was BS. I just never noticed it. About a year and a half ago, I was playing through the original Zelda on the Shield TV. I didn't notice any lag, and it played great. I bought an NES with an Everdrive just as I was finishing up the game. Holy crap! The difference was shocking. Just a fraction of a second, but really noticeable the first time you press a button on the real NES. I was amazed at how instantaneous it felt.

#906 2 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I have been using emulators for forever, and I always thought the input lag was BS. I just never noticed it. About a year and a half ago, I was playing through the original Zelda on the Shield TV. I didn't notice any lag, and it played great. I bought an NES with an Everdrive just as I was finishing up the game. Holy crap! The difference was shocking. Just a fraction of a second, but really noticeable the first time you press a button on the real NES. I was amazed at how instantaneous it felt.

tada (resized).jpg

#907 2 years ago

Maybe I've just grown super used to it over the corce of the years. To be honest I have not played a real NES in several years.

#908 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yes, there is. Just look at the nes classic. Powerful hardware, enough to emulate GameCube and nes games still had some lag if compared to original. It isn’t a deal breaker but it really depends on what you are looking for or doing.

Enough with emulation. this is a switch thread

#909 2 years ago

Just got to the lost lands in I am setsuna. Finding it pretty tough. Time to level up for a couple of hours. Super fun game though.

#910 2 years ago

Did anyone try Pokémon Quest on switch yet? It comes to mobile end of the month, but yeah, very mobilish but someone amusing to play

#911 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Did anyone try Pokémon Quest on switch yet? It comes to mobile end of the month, but yeah, very mobilish but someone amusing to play

Pokémon is where I draw the line. lol.

Nah. Will not bother.

#912 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Pokémon is where I draw the line. lol.
Nah. Will not bother.

You didn’t pre order Pokémon go picachu?! :-p

Did everyone play MARIO tennis this last weekend? Jesus online I feel like I’m playing Starcraft against Korea. However I can see single player or local multi being super fun

#913 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Did everyone play MARIO tennis this last weekend? Jesus online I feel like I’m playing Starcraft against Korea. However I can see single player or local multi being super fun

I was really wishing simple mode would have been active during the demo. I got destroyed.

Preordering gets you an extra 300 gold points on the eshop. I just want to play against friends, and check out the single player.

#914 2 years ago

Killer Queen (under the name Killer Queen Black) is coming to switch. Curious to see what that’s gonna be like and if they’ll have online play.

#915 2 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

2. Emulation does not equal piracy unless you download game ROM/disc images for games you do not own. The emulation software uses no code from Nintendo and thus no copyrighted content, which makes it legal to own and use. Unfortunately the two ideas of emulation and piracy have been associated by the masses and it hurts the image of people working on this type of software with the end goal to play the games they already own on a different platform other than the actual console, and for hombrew software development on real consoles.

What percentage of people who download games for emulators would you say own all those games? I would guess that it is in single figures.

#916 2 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

More
I was really wishing simple mode would have been active during the demo. I got destroyed.
Preordering gets you an extra 300 gold points on the eshop. I just want to play against friends, and check out the single player.

Yes! I kept clicking and it was a no go.

After single player I bet we will be better at the power stuff but man online will still be brutal

#917 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

That demo was so frustrating and demoralizing I rage-quit for the first time....promptly went on Amazon & cancelled my pre-order.

As for Pokémon - I was in college when it came out and I only knew it as “that seizure cartoon”...and I don’t liken RPGs, so I have no attachment to the characters or series.

#918 2 years ago

I'm playing the crap out of Pokemon Go...so I should probably preorder Eevee..

Because F--k Pikachu.

#919 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I'm playing the crap out of Pokemon Go...so I should probably preorder Eevee..
Because F--k Pikachu.

I hv3nt touched Pokémon go in a long time. I got up to level 20, then it seemed like too much work to level up further. That is the only Pokémon game I have ever played.

#920 2 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I hv3nt touched Pokémon go in a long time. I got up to level 20, then it seemed like too much work to level up further. That is the only Pokémon game I have ever played.

I'm 31. First two months I went 1->27. Last two months I went 27->29.

With the special event they just had where any new stop or gym you spun and hadn't ever been to before was worth *10X* xp (Yeah, that's 4000xp PER STOP while running an XP egg...) I'm now 31. I could've capitalized on it a lot more, but I'm lazy. If they run an event like that again I won't be slacking. Or is that slaking?

I have a gym that I can reach from my computer/bedroom at home. My brother submitted it as an Ingress portal way before anyone knew about Pokemon Go.

#921 2 years ago

As a fan of tennis games, I was looking forward to World Tennis Tour releasing tomorrow. Turns out the developers blew it on this one. Game is only 20% finished (no online component at all), and they are counting on 500,000 dealer non refundable preorders to make sure they are profitable. They may or may not finish the game since they don't need to to be profitable.

Stay away from this one.

"Falc remains almost mockingly optimistic about the situation, however, stating that the company "put 500,000 pieces on the market but with many distributors who have no right of return, so we know that will be profitable". Yes, you read that correctly: the low quality of the game (which was described as "the worst tennis game that has ever released on any format to date" in SA Gamer's review) doesn't matter to BigBen Interactive because the shipment of the game has already been secured and can't be returned. Brilliant."
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/06/tennis_world_tour_has_disastrous_launch_will_rely_on_updated_version_next_year

#922 2 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

As a fan of tennis games, I was looking forward to World Tennis Tour releasing tomorrow. Turns out the developers blew it on this one. Game is only 20% finished (no online component at all), and they are counting on 500,000 dealer non refundable preorders to make sure they are profitable. They may or may not finish the game since they don't need to to be profitable.
Stay away from this one.
"Falc remains almost mockingly optimistic about the situation, however, stating that the company "put 500,000 pieces on the market but with many distributors who have no right of return, so we know that will be profitable". Yes, you read that correctly: the low quality of the game (which was described as "the worst tennis game that has ever released on any format to date" in SA Gamer's review) doesn't matter to BigBen Interactive because the shipment of the game has already been secured and can't be returned. Brilliant."
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/06/tennis_world_tour_has_disastrous_launch_will_rely_on_updated_version_next_year

Sounds like a future 500.00 game based on rarity for people wanting to finish their Switch collection to me...

#923 2 years ago

It's probably not for the typical Nintendo enthusiast, but I'm intrigued by the upcoming release of Dark Souls on Switch. Having beaten every From Software Souls game to date, the original Dark Souls is among the best.

These games are the only ones I'm interested in actually playing online with others. The online play and communication is handled in such an innovative way. I don't like typical online games like whatever FPS is the flavor of the moment, but Souls games on the PS4 got me paying for online subscriptions while I played them.

#924 2 years ago

FROM needs to do a switch Armored Core.

#925 2 years ago
Quoted from insx:

What percentage of people who download games for emulators would you say own all those games? I would guess that it is in single figures.

Oh definitely, it still does not equate emulation itself to piracy. If I wanted to play a pirated Wii game, I can do it with or without emulation. The emulator just runs the games. A better explanation if you want to get in to it:

#926 2 years ago

is the new final fantasy tactics title (war of the ethereal crystal) something that's exclusive to the switch or 3DS? I don't recall seeing anything over the weekend or yesterday about it

#927 2 years ago

Selling some of my switch games if interested - see my ad on the marketplace. Willing to group discount....

#928 2 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Oh definitely, it still does not equate emulation itself to piracy. If I wanted to play a pirated Wii game, I can do it with or without emulation. The emulator just runs the games. A better explanation if you want to get in to it:

Well yes, technically it's not emulation that I don't like, it's the fact that people will be ripping/downloading Switch games instead of paying for them.

#929 2 years ago

Yeah unfortunately...

#930 2 years ago

No offense but if a hack and piracy is the only way to get B/W tables on switch that's what I gotta do.

#931 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

final fantasy tactics title (war of the ethereal crystal)

Is this a confirmed title for any system? If so I am all over that.

#932 2 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Is this a confirmed title for any system? If so I am all over that.

I really hope that the title is a real one (I got it from a leaked E3 list) considering that FFT is the first strategy guide that I authored for prima back in the day

#933 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I really hope that the title is a real one (I got it from a leaked E3 list) considering that FFT is the first strategy guide that I authored for prima back in the day

I played the hell out of Tactics back in the day! I remember following guides to get Cloud as a playable character. Good times!

#934 2 years ago

How the HELL are you guys NOT talking about Smash Bros..

My faith in you is severely shaken.

#935 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Looks badass to me...every character that's been on SMASH since the first game... plus adding RIDLEY! I'm hoping for a few more new characters...getting to use GameCube controllers is a nice option.

Better DL Fortnite and get to playing

#936 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Never got into it. I'm more likely to enjoy Fortnite.

#937 2 years ago

Super stoked for smash. It's gonna be massive. I downloaded fortnite last night and got a couple rounds in. Still trying to figure it out a bit. I will get some more rounds in tonight and figure it out. Also been playing yoku's island express thanks to you gents, that game is awesome stoked to see team17 making new games. Anyone elts bummed that fallout 76 won't be released on switch? Time to dust off the PS4.

#938 2 years ago

Yoku's was great. I finished it a couple days ago. I did get stuck and almost quit, but then I found the diving ability and all was good again.

#939 2 years ago

I’m really liking some of the new character designs in SSBU. Zelda especially.

#940 2 years ago

Did you guys see that Killer Queen Black is being released for Switch this Winter? I've played the team based 10 player cabinet on location here in Madison and it's a lot of fun! Will be interesting to see how that translates to a console.

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2018/6/12/17453512/killer-queen-black-nintendo-switch-pc

#941 2 years ago

Smash looks great. Ridley makes me super happy, and seeing that amiibo made my inner 10 year old's head explode. Can't wait! Poor Waluigi gets snubbed again though.

Mario Party looks awesome too. My family really had fun with 10, but I'm so glad to see the vehicle thing go away. Looks like the minigames will make great use of the joycons. The multiscreen thing looks interesting, but that isn't something I will get to use as we only have one switch. Cool idea though.

I enjoyed the Mario Tennis demo, even though I never won more than two matches in a tournament (sounds like Pinball, LOL). Can't wait to get the whole game. Looks like tons of variety and content.

I finally "beat" my first Mega Man game (1). I put beat in quotes since I made judicious use of the rewind feature, save states, and the pause glitch to do it. LOL Man that game is hard...and I grew up on the NES! If I would have weeks to dedicate to practice and memorizing like when I was a kid, I maybe could have done most of it without the crutches, but I don't think I ever could have done that damn Yellow Devil, or been able to make it through the boss rematch gauntlets. Crazy hard game, but really a lot of fun. Not sure why I never really got into Mega Man before now, but I can't wait to play through the sequels.

I also finished Yoku's Island Express the other day. By finished I mean beat the main quest...I still plan on going back and 100%ing it. I'm not always one to 100% a game, but this one I need to. Such an awesome game all around. I really hope we get a sequel or something similar down the road.

Anyone pick up Hollow Knight yet? I do not know much about it, but the art looks amazing and I know a lot of people have been anticipating it for a long time. I think I read that it is a Metroidvania?

#942 2 years ago

I'm hyped for this!

Epic $14k arcade online for way cheaper!

#943 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Anyone pick up Hollow Knight yet? I do not know much about it, but the art looks amazing and I know a lot of people have been anticipating it for a long time. I think I read that it is a Metroidvania?

Downloaded last night. Enjoying it. Very atmospheric. Nice visuals. Doesn't seem TOO hard......yet.

#944 2 years ago

wow never heard of killer queen black but it looks like Joust on steroids and acid! looks pretty sweet

#945 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I played it at E3 yesterday! I tried the Inkling and got destroyed....so on round 2 I switched to the only character I really kinda sorta know how to use: Pac-Man!!! I killed!!!!

Also got some Nintendo schwaaaag!

11B19497-3776-4B6E-98D7-40AE715591BC (resized).jpeg437C1557-EC0C-468D-9200-1D9333D8FF82 (resized).jpeg54085B26-645D-45CA-BCFA-B26D1F9F4DDD (resized).jpegB3108665-8D6F-46B3-8535-8B1BDD3722E6 (resized).jpeg
#946 2 years ago
Quoted from insx:

Never got into it. I'm more likely to enjoy Fortnite.

I would downvote this if I was allowed to.

Fortnite is an idiot's game designed for idiots, IMNSHO. The weapon accuracy is terrible (Honestly this is the worst..it's a meme. See below. ) Props to the devs, though, for figuring out the most effecient way to milk hundreds of millions of dollars out of the gaming community right in the midst of everyone pissing and moaning about loot boxes. Good for them.

126 million in february. For cosmetic shit. It's the new Team Fortress 2, only TF2 actually gave you...you know....weapons and shit that effected the gameplay.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/21/17148918/fortnite-battle-royale-pubg-monthly-revenue-sales-126-million-superdata-research

q13831l66qm01 (resized).png
#947 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I played it at E3 yesterday! I tried the Inkling and got destroyed....so on round 2 I switched to the only character I really kinda sorta know how to use: Pac-Man!!! I killed!!!!
Also got some Nintendo schwaaaag!

Nice!!! Did the game feel like wiiu smash?

I miss going to E3, lots of fun

#948 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Nice!!! Did the game feel like wiiu smash?
I miss going to E3, lots of fun

If Smash Wii U was Street Fighter 2, then Smash Ultimate is Super Street Fighter 2. It's clearly built off the same exact engine, but w/ some tweaks and more characters. The only way I was able to win was because Pac-Man played exactly the same as the Wii U version.

This is what I expected. Smash Wii U was such a huge and deep game that ran at 1080/60fps, there's no way I thought they'd start from scratch on the next one...but built upon the existing game.

#949 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

You want to download someone because they like different games to you?

I never got beyond button mashing in Smash Bros, Fornite is fairly easy to get into and good fun. It just needs motion control on the switch.

Noted that you hate it.

#950 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Fortnite is an idiot's game designed for idiots, IMNSHO. The weapon accuracy is terrible (Honestly this is the worst..it's a meme. See below. ) Props to the devs, though, for figuring out the most effecient way to milk hundreds of millions of dollars out of the gaming community right in the midst of everyone pissing and moaning about loot boxes. Good for them.
126 million in february. For cosmetic shit. It's the new Team Fortress 2, only TF2 actually gave you...you know....weapons and shit that effected the gameplay.

I played it for the first time at E3 yesterday, had no idea what to do, and was killed within seconds. When I got home, I downloaded it cuz "why not, free game". I watched some videos of people playing...went back to my Switch and deleted it lol ...I can already tell I won't like it, and Splatoon's Octo Expansion is dropping today...I gonna be full in on that & the rest of my Switch backlog.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 12,500.00
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
€ 8.10
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 7.00
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 5,899.99
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Metalhead Pinball
There are 3310 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 67.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside