q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg
There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 89.
#851 5 years ago

So after being disappointed in Golf Story and Stardew Valley, I was hesitant to buy Yoku's Island Express, but I pulled the trigger.

So happy I did. This game is a blast. Pinball meets RPG. Sooooo much fun!

#852 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I wonder if they'll bring out a physical copy of ikaruga for the switch now

fingers crossed but not holding my breath

#853 5 years ago

I just got back from Walmart and picked up Battle Chasers Nightwar. They will price match their online price and it was $23.71 on Walmart.com. That's almost 50% off. Just wanted to put that out there in case anyone was looking for it.

#854 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I wonder if they'll bring out a physical copy of ikaruga for the switch now

Maybe...but for $15 you can play it right now

Ik1 (resized).jpgIk1 (resized).jpg

Ik2 (resized).jpgIk2 (resized).jpg

#855 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

just watched a preview of Mega Man 11, it looks so good!

I was excited before, but the new trailer has taken that excitement up a few notches. I've already picked up a box of Band-Aids for my thumbs in preparation.

#856 5 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I was excited before, but the new trailer has taken that excitement up a few notches. I've already picked up a box of Band-Aids for my thumbs in preparation.

I'm still a bit lukewarm on MM11 due to the "hollow" and "stiff" feel of his animation....take a look at Megaman 7 or 8 - still gorgeous today!!! However, the bosses in that trailer looked AWESOME, and it's only $23.99 if you pre-order on Amazon Prime....sooooo, I ordered it lol

#857 5 years ago

i posted this in the retro gaming thread earlier today but this thread seems to have some people who might want one, Amazon UK has some NES Classics for preorder and will ship to the US. about $65 US federal reserve notes will get you one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Classic-Mini-Entertainment-Electronic/dp/B01IFJEWTM/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1527630652&sr=1-1&keywords=Nintendo+Classic+Mini%3A+Nintendo+Entertainment+System+%28Electronic+Games%29

#858 5 years ago

i posted this in the retro gaming thread earlier today but this thread seems to have some people who might want one, Amazon UK has some NES Classics for preorder and will ship to the US. about $65 US federal reserve notes will get you one.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Classic-Mini-Entertainment-Electronic/dp/B01IFJEWTM/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1527630652&sr=1-1&keywords=Nintendo+Classic+Mini%3A+Nintendo+Entertainment+System+%28Electronic+Games%29

I saw a rumor that they're running more NES Classics for the US as well at some point this summer -- supposedly enough to meet demand this time, though I guess we'll see. Hopefully everyone that wants one can get one.

#859 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Maybe...but for $15 you can play it right now

Can you play that with the joycon attached in vertical? Most of the vertical games I have tried don't remap the left stick for vertical if it is still attached. I would really like to play it as a one piece unit.

#860 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm still a bit lukewarm on MM11 due to the "hollow" and "stiff" feel of his animation....take a look at Megaman 7 or 8 - still gorgeous today!!! However, the bosses in that trailer looked AWESOME, and it's only $23.99 if you pre-order on Amazon Prime....sooooo, I ordered it lol

Same here for the preorder. The animations aren’t going to be a make or break it for me. We laughed at his 8-bit animations back in the day and it didn’t make the game any less fun. Gameplay is going to be the bottom line on this game. And the soundtrack had better be great.

#861 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

Can you play that with the joycon attached in vertical? Most of the vertical games I have tried don't remap the left stick for vertical if it is still attached. I would really like to play it as a one piece unit.

I don't think so - I just tried it...it only remaps to the single joycon if you can press the SR and SL buttons...if I pop it back on you have to re-sync the controllers again.

#862 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

So after being disappointed in Golf Story and Stardew Valley, I was hesitant to buy Yoku's Island Express, but I pulled the trigger.
So happy I did. This game is a blast. Pinball meets RPG. Sooooo much fun!

Bought Yoku's tonight and before I knew it played for like 2 hours straight. What a blast! Super unique blend of game styles and the pinball actually feels pretty good. No dead bounces, but other than that it has a satisfying feel. Fun graphics, art style, and characters to boot. Highly recommended for anyone here...especially if you like Metroidvania games.

#863 5 years ago

Yoku is awesome. So worth it.

Also the NES Classic is going to be made available for the rest of the year. Sooner or later you will see them on store shelves.

#864 5 years ago

I can’t beat level 6 boss on DK freeze. Want to smash the whole thing.

#865 5 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Which one is that? I’m about there I bet....

#866 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Bought Yoku's tonight and before I knew it played for like 2 hours straight. What a blast! Super unique blend of game styles and the pinball actually feels pretty good. No dead bounces, but other than that it has a satisfying feel. Fun graphics, art style, and characters to boot. Highly recommended for anyone here...especially if you like Metroidvania games.

I started playing it late last night bc I had to put some time into Xenoblades but I agree.....Yoku is a slick pinball adventure that I didn't wannna put down. It's refreshing, colorful, and very silly....digging all the characters and mechanics so far.

#867 5 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Have you tried using some power ups from the store? If you still can’t do it, try Funky mode!

#868 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Have you tried using some power ups from the store? If you still can’t do it, try Funky mode!

No I haven’t visited the stores yet I will have to give that a try

#869 5 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

No I haven’t visited the stores yet I will have to give that a try

Yeah, you can spend the coins you collect on all kinds of powerups, extra hearts, sidekicks, etc. That should definitely help you out!

#870 5 years ago

Anyone have a copy of Bayonetta 2 they would trade for Zelda or DK Freeze?

#871 5 years ago

Beta it! No powerups but finally roughed it out. Didn’t realize that was the end of he game. Helps explain the difficulty.

#872 5 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Beta it! No powerups but finally roughed it out. Didn’t realize that was the end of he game. Helps explain the difficulty.

Are you going to go back and unlock all the levels or 100% it?

#873 5 years ago

Thanks to whom ever pointed out YOKU ISLAND, such a fun sort of pinball adventure game. very playable and fun

#874 5 years ago

Back to Thumper, is it possible to stay up long enough to get all the hoops in 6-1? I always seem to fall down before I get them all and I'm wondering if I'm missing something or if I have controller issues.

#875 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Thanks to whom ever pointed out YOKU ISLAND, such a fun sort of pinball adventure game. very playable and fun

I totally agree. I downloaded Yoku last night and while I didn't put a lot of time on it yet, I really enjoyed it. I also picked up the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary. It's nice being able to play 12 different Street Fighter games portably.

#876 5 years ago
Quoted from boslj:

I totally agree. I downloaded Yoku last night and while I didn't put a lot of time on it yet, I really enjoyed it. I also picked up the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary. It's nice being able to play 12 different Street Fighter games portably.

SF Collection is a great love letter to the series - but I tried playing online last nite and it was choppy as F. Not sure if it’s my internet, the opponents, Capcom’s fault...I dunno. I play Splatoon, ARMS, and Kart online and it’s smooth and responsive. Ultra SF2 had problems online, sometimes grinding to a halt ...this isn’t that bad, but it’s annoying that it was constantly stuttering, even the music.

#877 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

With my limited time, I usually pick up games here and there, spend an hour or two, and hope to come back later. Not this game. I played 3 hours straight on day 1 and then 2 more hours last night. So many cool little things about it but it blends the pinball action so well. Sense of discovery is there too and it looks to be a decent sized game for the price.

I would dare say, if you're on Pinside regularly and you have a switch, this is a must buy.

#878 5 years ago

All this talk about Yoku's Island, I'm going to have to check it out now!

#879 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

All this talk about Yoku's Island, I'm going to have to check it out now!

It's my favorite game since Mario's Odyssey.

#880 5 years ago

Yoku is f’n awesome, I brought my switch to work today for the first time ever

Edit to add: I do find myself frustrated with this games map. Only downside so far to the game. Great mixup of pinball/metroidvania

#881 5 years ago

I can’t stop playing Ikaruga.

#882 5 years ago

if youre into physical copies, today is the last day to pre-order pixeljunk monsters 2 from Limited Run Games

https://www.limitedrungames.com/

#883 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The physical version of Stern Pinball arcade is on sale at GameStop and Walmart right now for $20 for those that don't have it.
https://slickdeals.net/f/11583131-stern-pinball-arcade-nintendo-switch-19-99

this game is is terrible

#884 5 years ago

This is why I've always liked pinball, I'm GOOD at it, but I SUCK at video games. Just downloaded Yoku, and I'm already frustrated. I'm STUCK. I guess I'll sleep on it and try again in the morning. Someone's going in to work late!

#885 5 years ago
Quoted from chippe01:

This is why I've always liked pinball, I'm GOOD at it, but I SUCK at video games. Just downloaded Yoku, and I'm already frustrated. I'm STUCK. I guess I'll sleep on it and try again in the morning. Someone's going in to work late!

bit of a brain teaser too! don't give up

#886 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Are you going to go back and unlock all the levels or 100% it?

Highly unlikely, I started South Park after I finished it.

#887 5 years ago

I’ve 100%’ed Mario. I’m working towards a 100% BoTW. Growing up when Atari 2600 died and NES came to be, this is the best versions of these games ever created. I haven’t owned a system since PS3, best video game purchase of my lifetime. After being burned out on gaming. Switch has made me fall in love with video gaming once more.

#888 5 years ago

Echoing others here - Yoku's Island Express is awesome! Lots of hidden paths to find for fruit and other goodies. Get it!

#889 5 years ago

Finally opened up DKCTF and played a couple hours with my wife last night. I was pretty excited because the original DKC trilogy are about the only games she will sit and play with me. So far it's been real fun, but I wish the 2P gameplay was more like the old ones. I find we spent most of the time with her riding piggy-back because it gets hard to not leave each other behind. We mostly just split up for banana grabbing in the bonus areas. Wish there was a way to give 2P control so we could alternate. Instead, she spent a lot of time playing iPhone games while I explored. Or we had to switch controllers so she could lead the action for a bit.

#890 5 years ago

Dark Souls Amiibo is available for pre-order right now on Game Stop,just got one, probably wont last long

#891 5 years ago

Dark Souls Amiibo is available for pre-order right now on Game Stop,just got one, probably wont last long

finally got one. thank you!

#892 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

finally got one. thank you!

awesome!! yeah glad i finally scored one!

#893 5 years ago

I'm glad I'm out of my "BUY ALL AMIIBOS" phase, and only buying ones of characters I know/love. I don't even know what Dark Souls is, so I can pass on this guy!

#894 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:I'm glad I'm out of my "BUY ALL AMIIBOS" phase, and only buying ones of characters I know/love. I don't even know what Dark Souls is, so I can pass on this guy!

im in the same phase as you but dark souls is one of my fav series ever. I only collect zelda ones for the most part.

#895 5 years ago

Aw yeah!!! Got my Smash Bros E3 ticket!!!!

I'm not even a big fan of the series, but the only way to play it is with a ticket...and it'll be something I won't have to wait in a super long line to play. Woop woop!

Smash Bros Ticket (resized).pngSmash Bros Ticket (resized).png
#896 5 years ago

Sonic Mania runs on Ryujinx emulator at 100+FPS with perfect graphics and sound including touch support!

#897 5 years ago

I'm really not a fan of current systems being emulated

#898 5 years ago
Quoted from insx:

I'm really not a fan of current systems being emulated

Yeah to me you'll never get the same enjoyment as you do from owning the system and having a real controller in your hand. Clicking around to load stuff up just to play free pirated stuff is weak sauce for current games. It's all faking it.

#899 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Yeah to me you'll never get the same enjoyment as you do from owning the system and having a real controller in your hand. Clicking around to load stuff up just to play free pirated stuff is weak sauce for current games. It's all faking it.

I understand your points, a couple of things though:

1. Yes emulation will never be perfect, but emulation today is a lot better accuracy and speed wise than 10 years ago. Heck, I nearly beat Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam on my 3DS emulator and am enjoying it much more than using a small mobile device with a harder to see screen. Instead I've blown it up on my 22" monitor in 1080p and can play the game in any display configuration I want with any controller, including real game console controllers. I also don't like the button layout so I have re-arranged the buttons on my controller. So really emulation gives you more options in many cases.

2. Emulation does not equal piracy unless you download game ROM/disc images for games you do not own. The emulation software uses no code from Nintendo and thus no copyrighted content, which makes it legal to own and use. Unfortunately the two ideas of emulation and piracy have been associated by the masses and it hurts the image of people working on this type of software with the end goal to play the games they already own on a different platform other than the actual console, and for hombrew software development on real consoles.

#900 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I'll 2nd what northvibe said...official wireless WiiU controllers are spot on and rarely need to be charged. Brand new they are expensive but I found a couple lightly used ones on eBay and spent bout $50 for both. NICE.

Good call, the Wii U Pro Controller I’ve got so far is awesome! Unfortunately there are tons of (pretty legit looking) bootlegs on eBay, I’ve had to return one so far but working my way toward four real deal controllers for Mario Kart 8 ...

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey/page/18?hl=jerickso77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.