q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg
There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 89.
#801 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I got Megaman Legacy Collection today...so that's 10 more games in my backlog lol ...it'll actually be fun to finally finish ALL of the MM games, just so I can say I did it. I think I've only finished 1 & 8. Maybe 2.
It's annoying that the physical release comes w/ a download code for Collection 2, but the cleaning cloth that comes with it is really nice.

yeah, i didnt pick it up because of the download code for the 2nd set of games, thats lame.

#802 5 years ago

Anyone excited for Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, and Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night?
Curse gets released on Thursday, i think. Will definitely be buying for $10. Ritual release date is TBA from what I can see, but definitely buying that too. Haven't played a good Metroidvania since SotN.

#803 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Anyone excited for Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, and Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night?
Curse gets released on Thursday, i think. Will definitely be buying for $10. Ritual release date is TBA from what I can see, but definitely buying that too. Haven't played a good Metroidvania since SotN.

the $10 one looks awesome, might actually have to buy a digital game to play it

#804 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

the $10 one looks awesome, might actually have to buy a digital game to play it

I don't believe there will be a physical copy. The game was part of the stretch goals for the kickstarter for Ritual. Looks like an awesome throwback to Castlevania III with the character switching and general gameplay.

#805 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I don't believe there will be a physical copy. The game was part of the stretch goals for the kickstarter for Ritual. Looks like an awesome throwback to Castlevania III with the character switching and general gameplay.

yeah my buddy showed me a video of it this past weekend. Pretty much no chance at physical, which is the only instance I will buy digital, but i have yet to buy a digital game on switch.

only way would be if limited run games picked it up, which would be cool!

#806 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I got Megaman Legacy Collection today...so that's 10 more games in my backlog lol ...it'll actually be fun to finally finish ALL of the MM games, just so I can say I did it. I think I've only finished 1 & 8. Maybe 2.
It's annoying that the physical release comes w/ a download code for Collection 2, but the cleaning cloth that comes with it is really nice.

I have the 3ds version, PS4 physical version and PS4 digital (it was included in a humble bundle) so I decided against this version but I did preorder the SNES MEGA MAN X collection for the switch. I like the cloth.

#807 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I have the 3ds version, PS4 physical version and PS4 digital (it was included in a humble bundle) so I decided against this version but I did preorder the SNES MEGA MAN X collection for the switch. I like the cloth.

Yeah honestly I wanted Collection 2 more than 1, since I have 1 on 3DS....so I was gonna just get the eShop download of 2 anyway. Buuuut, it's $20 on the eShop, and this version with the cartridge for 1 & the cloth was $32 on Amazon Prime....soooo...whatever, I just went for it. I can always sell the cart!

#808 5 years ago

yeah my buddy showed me a video of it this past weekend. Pretty much no chance at physical, which is the only instance I will buy digital, but i have yet to buy a digital game on switch.

I've bought a lot of digital games due to price or being digital only. Like, Conga Master Party is on sale right now for $6. Anything around $10 or less, I really can't complain.

I tend to go physical with the full priced $60 games...partially cuz they're cheaper with Amazon Prime, partially because at $60 I feel like I should have the right to sell it in the future if I don't like it. I just got Hyrule Warriors - and not being sure I'd even like the game, I definitely wanted physical.

Honestly, I wish I could just punch myself enough to just go full digital...because the convenience factor of just having everything on the system is awesome.

#809 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I've bought a lot of digital games due to price or being digital only. Like, Conga Master Party is on sale right now for $6. Anything around $10 or less, I really can't complain.
I tend to go physical with the full priced $60 games...partially cuz they're cheaper with Amazon Prime, partially because at $60 I feel like I should have the right to sell it in the future if I don't like it. I just got Hyrule Warriors - and not being sure I'd even like the game, I definitely wanted physical.
Honestly, I wish I could just punch myself enough to just go full digital...because the convenience factor of just having everything on the system is awesome.

best buy gamer club is actually a sweet deal too ($20 for 2 years), same discount as preorder on prime but you can do it at any time and works on special editions and amiibos and shit like that too (like prime used to)

#810 5 years ago

best buy gamer club is actually a sweet deal too ($20 for 2 years), same discount as preorder on prime but you can do it at any time and works on special editions and amiibos and shit like that too (like prime used to)

Free ship?

#811 5 years ago

Anyone playing: I am setsuna? Super fun game. Reminds me a lot of Chrono trigger.

#812 5 years ago

Yeah, it sounds good...def a good deal! But - I pay for Prime already so not sure I wanna pay for another discount service....but yeah there were a few recent deals where I was like "dang, I shoulda signed up" lol

...actually I just looked it up and it looks like they've ended the program!!!! So that's that...

#813 5 years ago

For those that haven’t played it Hyrule Warriors is a good time. Much more to it than it seems on the surface.

#814 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

For those that haven’t played it Hyrule Warriors is a good time. Much more to it than it seems on the surface.

I haven't decided if I like it or not. I like the fan-service and all the Zelda-ishness about it....but I find it VERY confusing to know what I should be paying attention to when there's so much going on on-screen & constant messages & all the shit on the map. The action also has this sort of hollow/too-fast/spazzy feel of series I do not like such as Ninja Gaiden & Devil May Cry. I'm gonna keep with it though, see if it clicks. If not, I have a buttload of games to play still!

#815 5 years ago

Best buy is ending the gamers club

#816 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I haven't decided if I like it or not. I like the fan-service and all the Zelda-isness about it....but I find it VERY confusing to know what I should be paying attention to when there's so much going on on-screen & constant messages & all the shit on the map. The action also has this sort of hollow/too-fast/spazzy feel of series I do not like such as Ninja Gaiden & Devil May Cry. I'm gonna keep with it though, see if it clicks. If not, I have a buttload of games to play still!

You might try adventure mode if you haven’t yet. It is a bit slower paced and hits the Zelda fan service a bit harder.

It is really more of a strategy game at heart with a lot of flashy action.

#817 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I haven't decided if I like it or not. I like the fan-service and all the Zelda-isness about it....but I find it VERY confusing to know what I should be paying attention to when there's so much going on on-screen & constant messages & all the shit on the map. The action also has this sort of hollow/too-fast/spazzy feel of series I do not like such as Ninja Gaiden & Devil May Cry. I'm gonna keep with it though, see if it clicks. If not, I have a buttload of games to play still!

It literally is just dynasty warriors, if you have ever played that. Hack and slash in giant battles. Really great if you love repeative hack and slash games. Which I do

#818 5 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Best buy is ending the gamers club

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2018/5/22/17379246/best-buy-ending-gamers-club-unlocked-program

Friggin lame. I have 2 yrs left as I just renewed so unless they release a new one, I’ll have to go through amazon :/ I just liked being able to wait until after the game shipped and reviews etc were out

#819 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2018/5/22/17379246/best-buy-ending-gamers-club-unlocked-program
Friggin lame. I have 2 yrs left as I just renewed so unless they release a new one, I’ll have to go through amazon :/ I just liked being able to wait until after the game shipped and reviews etc were out

Be happy you just renewed. Mine expires next week.

#820 5 years ago

Ahh that's really lame...

#821 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Be happy you just renewed. Mine expires next week.

I suppose you could see if they’ll let you re up

#822 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Holy moly! Up thru level 4 there’s some leeway if you don’t get everything perfect...Level 5 has those things that kill you instantly if you miss something. Ooooph!!!!!

I took it up to 5-11 (Boss) yesterday, it really is something else in TV mode with the sound up and the controller(s) rumbling in your hands.

#823 5 years ago

I think I died about 20 times in a row getting through level 6 stage 7 last night but I'm onto the boss now, only tried once before bed last night but again doesn't seem as hard as some of the earlier bosses.

#824 5 years ago

Tsskinne and anyone else with South Park. A patch JUST dropped! I hear it fixes a lot of issues

#825 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

tsskinne and anyone else with South Park. A patch JUST dropped! I hear it fixes a lot of issues

Sweet thank you. I still hadn't opened it yet, but since my summer vacation fully starts in 3 hours I'll dive in!

#826 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I can always sell the cart!

...*raises hand*

That Thumper game looks odd. I'm gonna check it out when I get home. I love a good hard rhythm game, but I'm not really getting what's going on in the video I just watched.

#827 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

...*raises hand*
That Thumper game looks odd. I'm gonna check it out when I get home. I love a good hard rhythm game, but I'm not really getting what's going on in the video I just watched.

It’s weird. Took me a while to get a handle on it. The music is very ambient so the usual rhythm game instincts get thrown off a bit. For me anyway. But I’m glad I gave it a shot when it was on sale for $13.

#828 5 years ago

Thumper is pretty amazing. Hard to describe or understand until you play it. I can only play it for a few minutes at a crack before being both exhausted and ready to throw the controller through the TV though. Great game...well worth checking out.

#829 5 years ago

I played Thumper on HTC Vive VR, it's pretty sweet on that system

#830 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I played Thumper on HTC Vive VR, it's pretty sweet on that system

I can imagine.

The middle section of level 5 is quite an adrenaline rush.

#831 5 years ago

What in the actual F is this. Maybe a bad translation? “Most entertaining” “perfect reproduction” whaaaatttttt

Jurassic Pinball

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/jurassic-pinball-switch

The most entertaining Pinball is back!

Enjoy Jurassic Pinball, a perfect reproduction of a real pinball machine, with all the graphic details and sounds.

Discover all the secrets, complete all the missions and become number 1 in the world or the best among your Friends, posting your high score on the online leaderboard.

Arcade design.
Set in the Jurassic age.
Multiball, Extraball, Skillshot, Jackpots...
Reproduction with all the details, lights and sounds.
4 different cameras to choose from.
Online Leaderboard.

#832 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

What in the actual F is this. Maybe a bad translation? “Most entertaining” “perfect reproduction” whaaaatttttt
Jurassic Pinball
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/jurassic-pinball-switch
The most entertaining Pinball is back!
Enjoy Jurassic Pinball, a perfect reproduction of a real pinball machine, with all the graphic details and sounds.
Discover all the secrets, complete all the missions and become number 1 in the world or the best among your Friends, posting your high score on the online leaderboard.
Arcade design.
Set in the Jurassic age.
Multiball, Extraball, Skillshot, Jackpots...
Reproduction with all the details, lights and sounds.
4 different cameras to choose from.
Online Leaderboard.

Looks like a cheap phone app port.

#833 5 years ago

Pretty much no chance at physical, which is the only instance I will buy digital, but i have yet to buy a digital game on switch.

I prefer digital games, nothing to lug around if I take my Switch with me.

#834 5 years ago

Just picked up a Wii U on Craigslist after a decade or two out of the Nintendo fold. Can't wait any longer to play Mario Kart with my boys, there's really just nothing quite like it on Xbox or Playstation. My only real complaint is the insane mishmash of controllers, none of which seem to work with more than 60% of the games. On the plus side people have been writing homebrew software and mods for this thing for five years, so I'm having lots of fun messing around with it already.

#835 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Just picked up a Wii U on Craigslist after a decade or two out of the Nintendo fold. Can't wait any longer to play Mario Kart with my boys, there's really just nothing quite like it on Xbox or Playstation. My only real complaint is the insane mishmash of controllers, none of which seem to work with more than 60% of the games. On the plus side people have been writing homebrew software and mods for this thing for five years, so I'm having lots of fun messing around with it already.

Wiiu has so many great games and now they are all cheap! Awesome grab! Get a few official pro controllers. They are the bomb dot com and last for freaking ever before a recharge

#836 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Wiiu has so many great games and now they are all cheap! Awesome grab! Get a few official pro controllers. They are the bomb dot com and last for freaking ever before a recharge

I'll 2nd what northvibe said...official wireless WiiU controllers are spot on and rarely need to be charged. Brand new they are expensive but I found a couple lightly used ones on eBay and spent bout $50 for both. NICE.

#837 5 years ago

This looks like a fun lil pinball-ish gem...decent review here. It is multi platform....

http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/05/29/yokus-island-express-review

#838 5 years ago

This looks like a fun lil pinball-ish gem...decent review here. It is multi platform....

Looks interesting!

#839 5 years ago

thanks for sharing this, I saw some video of the game play but never caught the name

#840 5 years ago

nice find!

ill def be getting it

#841 5 years ago

Street Fighter Collection & Owlboy physical come out today, Ikaruga on the eShop...oh and Old Man’s Journey is on sale - I was waiting for that. 4 more in the backlog!!! Lol.

#842 5 years ago

Ikaruga looks great. I may pick that up today.

I bought Tumblestone over the weekend (because it was on sale for $4 something), and it has been a surprisingly fun time waster. I have owned my Switch since launch, and Tumblestone is the first game my wife has played, or even shown any interest in.

#843 5 years ago

I just saw Shift Quantum on the switch eshop. Shift was a lot of fun, so this may be great. Looks like you can make and share custom levels as well.

#844 5 years ago

just watched a preview of Mega Man 11, it looks so good!

#845 5 years ago

IKARUGA! I have the Wii physical copy of this game...hope it has screen rotation on the Switch!

#846 5 years ago

IKARUGA! I have the Wii physical copy of this game...hope it has screen rotation on the Switch!

Absolutely. Played it in vertical mode this morning!

#847 5 years ago

I love that games are doing this now. Justifies me mounting my TV in the game room on it's side. Namco, Ikaruga, Pinball FX, PA, Gunbaritch. What others are out there?

#848 5 years ago

I wonder if they'll bring out a physical copy of ikaruga for the switch now

#849 5 years ago

Are you guys talking about the Ikuraga from 2001? Did they build a new one or just a port?

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.