q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 89.
#751 5 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Doh......thanks for the heads ups, already ordered, but at least its through Amazon so easy return policy.

Well if they patch the game, no worries!

#752 5 years ago

Stick of Truth is a fun game, I really enjoyed it on PS4.

#753 5 years ago

Yeah, check out the reviews on South Park before you purchase. I’m not sure if there’s a patch yet, but there’s a lot of pissed off owners.

#754 5 years ago

I bought 2 seasons on TPA when the portrait mode was announced and glad I did so quickly. Liking my portrait mounted TV and pinball on there even though it's not perfect. I did try to buy the rest of them after the announcement they were going to be gone, but can't buy them anymore. Don't like that their table release schedule includes trying to resell all the tables from SPA, so I think I'm finally done giving Farsight my money.

#755 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Well if they patch the game, no worries!

Yeah I went and read up a bit, sounded like an issue with auto save, they recommend manually saving for now and they are working on a patch so doesn't seem too terrible. May leave it unopened for a bit as I continue working through Donkey Kong anyway.

#756 5 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yeah I went and read up a bit, sounded like an issue with auto save, they recommend manually saving for now and they are working on a patch so doesn't seem too terrible. May leave it unopened for a bit as I continue working through Donkey Kong anyway.

One bug can wipe all saves out, even if you use multiple..... I mean this game is broke :/

#757 5 years ago

Got my switch right at the beginning of march and just haven had much time to devote to it. I just finally finished Breath of the Wild. What an amazing little game. I spent most of the time exploring and the only strategy I read up on was how to farm arrows because I always seemed to be out. it could have been a little more challenging. I stumbled into the final boss and defeated it easily. I have to go back and find the last handful of memories though, because I hear there's an alternate ending when you get them all. Going to get to some other titles right now and circle back later. I started Wonder Boy and it's pretty cool so far. Though I don't think it's going to take more than a couple hours to go through. In the first sitting, I went through half the different forms or curses.

#758 5 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Got my switch right at the beginning of march and just haven had much time to devote to it. I just finally finished Breath of the Wild. What an amazing little game. I spent most of the time exploring and the only strategy I read up on was how to farm arrows because I always seemed to be out. it could have been a little more challenging. I stumbled into the final boss and defeated it easily. I have to go back and find the last handful of memories though, because I hear there's an alternate ending when you get them all. Going to get to some other titles right now and circle back later. I started Wonder Boy and it's pretty cool so far. Though I don't think it's going to take more than a couple hours to go through. In the first sitting, I went through half the different forms or curses.

I just got wonder boy a few weeks ago....my god is that hard. No checkpoints so starting over at the beginning suckkkssss

#759 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I just got wonder boy a few weeks ago....my god is that hard. No checkpoints so starting over at the beginning suckkkssss

I haven't died yet. Do you lose all your progress if you do?

#760 5 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I haven't died yet. Do you lose all your progress if you do?

No, you just go back to town and have to start section again.

I guess what is also annoying is after you beat a "section" you have to work back to the town...ugh, it is a great throw back with NOTHING updated but graphics and sound. Checkpoints.....ugh would of been nice for an easy mode.

#761 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

No, you just go back to town and have to start section again.
I guess what is also annoying is after you beat a "section" you have to work back to the town...ugh, it is a great throw back with NOTHING updated but graphics and sound. Checkpoints.....ugh would of been nice for an easy mode.

It'll be interesting to see what approach the similar but new Monster Boy takes...it's an all new game from scratch, inspired by Wonderboy. I bet it'll be a bit more modern in regard to checkpoints and such.

#762 5 years ago

Looks like there will be a paid subscription for online play and classic NES games coming in September. $20/yr. Might be worth it just for the classic NES games if you're not into online play (which I'm not).

Also played BlazBlue Cross Tag over the weekend. Beautiful looking game, but too simplistic fighting system. I'm not really caring for the "one-button-combo" trend that all of the fighting games have moved towards...

#763 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

One bug can wipe all saves out, even if you use multiple..... I mean this game is broke :/

Looks like good news on the South Park front.

https://nintendoeverything.com/south-park-the-fractured-but-whole-update-submitted-to-nintendo-patch-notes/

#764 5 years ago

GREAT news!!

Oh tommy, dude I got to that A hole owl in DKTF....I know remember how @#$@#$ hard that bastard is.

#765 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

GREAT news!!
Oh tommy, dude I got to that A hole owl in DKTF....I know remember how @#$@#$ hard that bastard is.

Yeah man screw that owl...that was the hardest thing in the game for me so far, I'm through 5 other bosses and nothing was as hard as that one.

#766 5 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yeah man screw that owl...that was the hardest thing in the game for me so far, I'm through 5 other bosses and nothing was as hard as that one.

have you gotten to the volcano dome yet? that one took me the longest. the rest were pretty easy, well the under water one was kinda hard. im pretty good at those types of games tho, finished with a bunch of lives and never bought a balloon (or any item)

ive played thru the snes ones so many times, i tend to just find the secrets based on where i think theyd put them ha

#767 5 years ago

Lots of good games on sale on the eShop! I just bought 88 Heroes, 50% off at $15. I've been waiting for that one to hit a nice price.

#768 5 years ago

I've got such a backlog going. I need to finish about 7 more games. And I haven't even bought SMO or DKCTF yet. I need to be ready for Octopath Traveler in two months!

#769 5 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I've got such a backlog going. I need to finish about 7 more games. And I haven't even bought SMO or DKCTF yet. I need to be ready for Octopath Traveler in two months!

Yeah, I'm backlogged like a mofo....and I keep playing Splatoon 2 for hours and hours....and Hyrule Warriors comes out tomorrow lol. I've played thru my Switch games WAAAAAY more than I have for the last few generations though, that's for sure.

#770 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, I'm backlogged like a mofo....and I keep playing Splatoon 2 for hours and hours....and Hyrule Warriors comes out tomorrow lol. I've played thru my Switch games WAAAAAY more than I have for the last few generations though, that's for sure.

I think we need to have a pinside splatoon fest!!!

Also we should suggest arcade game vs pinball as a splatfest

#771 5 years ago

BoTW and Odyssey are GREAT games.

But THE BINDING OF ISAAC: AFTERBIRTH+ is right up there with the absolute best of them!

#772 5 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

BoTW and Odyssey are GREAT games.
But THE BINDING OF ISAAC: AFTERBIRTH+ is right up there with the absolute best of them!

omg I can't even get to like level 4 and I bought it at launch

#773 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

omg I can't even get to like level 4 and I bought it at launch

I hate that game. If you wanna try a really fantastic retro styled dungeon shooter, try Enter the Gungeon.

#774 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I hate that game. If you wanna try a really fantastic retro styled dungeon shooter, try Enter the Gungeon.

I just want a new Gauntlet that doesn't suck

#775 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I think we need to have a pinside splatoon fest!!!
Also we should suggest arcade game vs pinball as a splatfest

All the 12 year olds playing would be like “what’s an arcade?” “What’s pinball?” Lol.

Hey, here’s my friend code again if anyone wants to add me! Donnie vs. Raph Splatfest starts tonite!!!

683E9CDF-9AC6-4B38-904F-FA9787308ED4 (resized).jpeg683E9CDF-9AC6-4B38-904F-FA9787308ED4 (resized).jpeg

#776 5 years ago

You guys are going to convince me to buy Splatoon 2, and I didn't even play the first one. Overwatch 2nd anniversary starts on tuesday..don't do this to me!

#777 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

You guys are going to convince me to buy Splatoon 2, and I didn't even play the first one. Overwatch 2nd anniversary starts on tuesday..don't do this to me!

The second one fixes issues and is a better game, the only part you miss is the single player story

#778 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

All the 12 year olds playing would be like “what’s an arcade?” “What’s pinball?” Lol.
Hey, here’s my friend code again if anyone wants to add me! Donnie vs. Raph Splatfest starts tonite!!!

I’ll add you! I didn’t get a chance to splatoon this weekend but I did get quick plays of DK. Finally beat the 3 monkey boss... man this game is gorgeous and fun but hard af. Like lightning flippers on FT

#779 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

The second one fixes issues and is a better game, the only part you miss is the single player story

They are adding single player content as DLC in the fall I think.....my son got Splatoon 2 for his bday last November but he's too young to understand it (he's 5). I've been thinking of trying it out tho I'm not good at FPS's where I get destroyed but little kids online haha.

I picked up Super Burger Time and Wonder boy was on sale on the store for $10....worth it!!
I have been digging into Xenoblade but it's requires time and a lot of story so far.....the monsters and fighting system are solid so far tho.

#780 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

They are adding single player content as DLC in the fall I think.....my son got Splatoon 2 for his bday last November but he's too young to understand it (he's 5). I've been thinking of trying it out tho I'm not good at FPS's where I get destroyed but little kids online haha.
I picked up Super Burger Time and Wonder boy was on sale on the store for $10....worth it!!
I have been digging into Xenoblade but it's requires time and a lot of story so far.....the monsters and fighting system are solid so far tho.

Oh, I mean if he hasn’t played splatoon 1, he is only missing out on the story from that by playing 2.

Ya the octoling story comes this year

Edit:

Mmm yeah may be a tad young for online, but story mode he can mess around. Great games would be Kirby, 1-2 switch and my friend says sonic forces. His 3yr old plays those and gets around good

#781 5 years ago

I've been thinking of trying it out tho I'm not good at FPS's where I get destroyed but little kids online haha.

Yeah see and I've been playing Quake/TF2/Overwatch for yeaaaaaaars. I can't wait for ranked deathmatch in Overwatch. I expect to get ranked much higher than the other competitive modes, because I won't have to be relying on rando turds that want to throw matches...

#782 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Oh, I mean if he hasn’t played splatoon 1, he is only missing out on the story from that by playing 2.
Ya the octoling story comes this year
Edit:
Mmm yeah may be a tad young for online, but story mode he can mess around. Great games would be Kirby, 1-2 switch and my friend says sonic forces. His 3yr old plays those and gets around good

Kirby is on the list for sure....DK too since he likes 2 player games with me. We still play a lot of WiiU...he calls SMB3DW cat Mario. I bought sonic mania on the switch as well....he's 5 tho and all over the map. If I don't take it away from him....he will play Roblox for days

#783 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yeah see and I've been playing Quake/TF2/Overwatch for yeaaaaaaars. I can't wait for ranked deathmatch in Overwatch. I expect to get ranked much higher than the other competitive modes, because I won't have to be relying on rando turds that want to throw matches...

I am very bad at these games....I see the popularity of Fortnite and watch games being played on the live streams on my xbonex and while it looks fun I'd get owned. I don't mind watching others getting worked over tho. The closest game I play to these is an old PS3 gm called Warhawk...which I still find fun.

#784 5 years ago

I've been thinking of trying it out tho I'm not good at FPS's where I get destroyed but little kids online haha.

I never played FPS...I just don’t like “floating guns” ...I want to see my character. Also I don’t like realistic war games, or brown/gray lookin’ games in general. So - Splatoon is a shooter for people who never liked shooters. It ticks all the boxes for me, anyway. Since you’ll start playing against people of equal level and rank, you shouldn’t (in theory) get too destroyed when you start.

The game is seriously fun and addicting though, with all the weapon/sub/special variety & gear/ability combinations....all the different modes, etc. Your skills can grow and grow and you’ll eventually settle in with a play style & weapon choice. I can hold my own against all the 12 year olds lol ....My win ratio is higher than my losses.

There are constantly new stages, weapons and gear added...plus Splatfests....and Octo expansion is coming soon. I don’t think I’ve never played a game this much. Splatoon (and Switch in general) is why I barely play pinball anymore lol.

#785 5 years ago

I am very bad at these games....I see the popularity of Fortnite and watch games being played on the live streams on my xbonex and while it looks fun I'd get owned. I don't mind watching others getting worked over tho. The closest game I play to these is an old PS3 gm called Warhawk...which I still find fun.

I *blow* at Fortnite. Don't let that game be your guiding light to FPS's. It's a joke. When the best weapon in a game is a shotgun....yeah. No skill asshat RNG and the best strategy is basically "Hide until 75% of everyone is dead". Fortnite is popular because literally anyone has a chance...but it's not a balanced game, or ruled by skill.

d0-DvRwmlUoePRXvUnIu0yn0RcgTKjevJoOhNg90B2k (resized).jpgd0-DvRwmlUoePRXvUnIu0yn0RcgTKjevJoOhNg90B2k (resized).jpg

#786 5 years ago

The variety of weapons in Splatoon 2 is what interests me. Makes it seem very much like Overwatch in which you can change tactics quite a bit.

#787 5 years ago

I just recently gave fortnite a try, meh.

#788 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

The variety of weapons in Splatoon 2 is what interests me. Makes it seem very much like Overwatch in which you can change tactics quite a bit.

Yeah - I use different weapons depending if I’m playing the ranked modes or Turf War. You also get to know how other people use weapons and try to find ways to combat them depending on what you’re using.

There’s also a mode called Salmon Run where there are random Weapons assigned to you and your team vs. a CPU hoarde of monsters. That’s a good one that forces you to try new weapons.

#789 5 years ago

I just saw a video of Beat Sabre, a VR game on steam. I'm a bit partial to a rhythm game and I can't help thinking that it would be a good use of the Joy Cons. Not as immersive of course, but I can't see any real need for it to be in VR.

#790 5 years ago
Quoted from insx:

I just saw a video of Beat Sabre, a VR game on steam. I'm a bit partial to a rhythm game and I can't help thinking that it would be a good use of the Joy Cons. Not as immersive of course, but I can't see any real need for it to be in VR.

Thumper was a VR rhythm game that came to Switch. It’s awesome as a portable game w/ headphones during a break at work for a few quick levels.

#791 5 years ago

Thanks for the heads up on the sale for wonderboy. I just grabbed it.

#792 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Thumper was a VR rhythm game that came to Switch. It’s awesome as a portable game w/ headphones during a break at work for a few quick levels.

I have Thumper and I agree that it's awesome with headphones (also on a big TV with a nice sound system in a darkened room). I find myself not playing it for a while and finding it hard to pick up again though.

#793 5 years ago
Quoted from insx:

I have Thumper and I agree that it's awesome with headphones (also on a big TV with a nice sound system in a darkened room). I find myself not playing it for a while and finding it hard to pick up again though.

How far can you get? I'm in the middle of level 5 and it's SOOOO hard. I HAVE to put it down for a while and then when I pick it up, hope I can complete just one more small section before I'm exhausted again lol

#794 5 years ago

This stupid blow fish can go to donkey Kong hell

#795 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

How far can you get? I'm in the middle of level 5 and it's SOOOO hard. I HAVE to put it down for a while and then when I pick it up, hope I can complete just one more small section before I'm exhausted again lol

I'm on level 4 with 4 stages to go.

#796 5 years ago
Quoted from insx:

I'm on level 4 with 4 stages to go.

Just got to level 6 stage 7 last night, getting close.

#797 5 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Just got to level 6 stage 7 last night, getting close.

Holy moly! Up thru level 4 there’s some leeway if you don’t get everything perfect...Level 5 has those things that kill you instantly if you miss something. Ooooph!!!!!

#798 5 years ago

I picked up DKCTF today! Probably have a few more nights to finish off Wonder Boy and I'm going to dive into it.

#799 5 years ago

Battlechasers Night War finally came out for switch. Got my pre-order copy in last thursday.

pretty sweet game

#800 5 years ago

I got Megaman Legacy Collection today...so that's 10 more games in my backlog lol ...it'll actually be fun to finally finish ALL of the MM games, just so I can say I did it. I think I've only finished 1 & 8. Maybe 2.

It's annoying that the physical release comes w/ a download code for Collection 2, but the cleaning cloth that comes with it is really nice.

MM_Legacy (resized).jpgMM_Legacy (resized).jpg

MM_cloth (resized).jpgMM_cloth (resized).jpg

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.