q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg
There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 89.
#551 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

0.o Nintendo just threw some features out of no where!!!! This is so cool!!!!
» YouTube video
Man I love that they are doing things out of the normal "console" box.

I am not telling my kids about this. Can you imagine the amount of cardboard switch thingys all over the house? And how many times you'd say "the dog ate my labo"

#552 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

I am not telling my kids about this. Can you imagine the amount of cardboard switch thingys all over the house? And how many times you'd say "the dog ate my labo"

Haha yeah. My dog sometimes chews cardboard but I know he would chew these as I love them

1 week later
#553 6 years ago

Finally beat Mario + rabbits. What a great game! Anyone who is on the fence about buying it. DONT BE. Now back to Zelda, just beat my first divine beast dungon!

#554 6 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Finally beat Mario + rabbits. What a great game! Anyone who is on the fence about buying it. DONT BE. Now back to Zelda, just beat my first divine beast dungon!

It is a GREAT game! fun and easy to pickup and play.

I started zelda on wiiu 6-8 hours...but have moved to the switch. bought zelda and haven't touched it until early this Jan on a plane...freaking forgot how GREAT this game is. I have to crush through all the stuff I've already done but oh man it is so full of things to do and explore. Reminds me of the feeling when playing GTA3 for the first time.

#555 6 years ago

I haven't played my switch in a while but I'm loving all the shooters it has been getting(shmups)

very pumped about zero gunners 2 which came out last Thursday

#556 6 years ago

Just finished Celeste, great fn game. But it's def on the harder side..word of warning

#557 6 years ago

Switch needs REZ.
Everybody needs REZ.

#558 6 years ago

REZ... portable would be soooo good

Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Switch needs REZ.
Everybody needs REZ.

#559 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Everybody needs REZ

Thanks for spreading the word of REZ, Amen

pretty much the only reason i want a psvr

#560 6 years ago

i bought a PSVR strictly for REZ! so amazing with a good pair of headphones plugged into the vr deal. love it!

Quoted from timtim:

#561 6 years ago

Well all the switch/nintendo haters can suck it. Nintendo's latest financials came out and this thing is selling like crazy. Over a million units sold over wiiu's entire life. Splatoon 2 has already sold as many as wiiu splatoon. On and on, it is a great hit. THe zelda numbers were lower than I thought but I think this proves the switch is here to stay and be a great console for them.

Now for Bayo 1 and 2 soon

#562 6 years ago

another BONUS is that Limited Run Games is going to start making games for the Switch later this year

Quoted from northvibe:

Well all the switch/nintendo haters can suck it. Nintendo's latest financials came out and this thing is selling like crazy. Over a million units sold over wiiu's entire life. Splatoon 2 has already sold as many as wiiu splatoon. On and on, it is a great hit. THe zelda numbers were lower than I thought but I think this proves the switch is here to stay and be a great console for them.
Now for Bayo 1 and 2 soon

#563 6 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Sold my Dreamcast copy years ago, but still have it on xBox 360.

When the Level 4 boss starts running and the music shifts up a gear - that moment still evokes an emotional “this is awesome” reaction to this very day. Akin to SHOWTIME on TAF.

I would buy a Switch version in a heartbeat.

#564 6 years ago

I'm sure most of you know about this, but the Nintendo Switch Subreddit is a terrific place to get the latest info.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/

#565 6 years ago

By the way.... has anyone heard when / if Pinball Arcade is coming to Switch? I know they have Stern PA but before I purchase the latest season on my PS4, I'd just as soon wait until it's inevitable Switch release.

#567 6 years ago

I just got this game the other day and it also gets a must buy...

gonner (resized).jpggonner (resized).jpg

#568 6 years ago

Another recommendation for Celeste. Such an incredible game.

2 weeks later
#569 6 years ago

Finally pulled the trigger today and went and bought a Switch and Mario Odyssey! I’m on my way Peach!

#570 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Finally pulled the trigger today and went and bought a Switch and Mario Odyssey! I’m on my way Peach!

Nice! You’ll love it

I grabbed Rocket league last week....forgot bayonetta came out the other day man, I can’t keep up!

I have started Zelda and am crushing through that when I get time. Such a good game, but those a hole guadians are mean.

1 week later
#571 6 years ago

My brother was debating buying one. I said “get it, the guys on Pinside like it, and they are pinball guys so they know good shit.”

He bought it last night. Most fun I’ve had playing a console since I was 11 and Nintendo 64 came out. Good call guys!

#572 6 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

My brother was debating buying one. I said “get it, the guys on Pinside like it, and they are pinball guys so they know good shit.”
He bought it last night. Most fun I’ve had playing a console since I was 11 and Nintendo 64 came out. Good call guys!

yay! what game(s) did he get?

#573 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

yay! what game(s) did he get?

Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart. Glad he lives across the street from me. I’ll pry grab a couple games this week. Suggestions?

#574 6 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart. Glad he lives across the street from me. I’ll pry grab a couple games this week. Suggestions?

Ive heard Zelda is epic. I also just read where Outlast is coming to the switch. Thats a pretty damn good scary game that is an indie game if im not mistaken. It was free on the PS4 and it scared the shit out of me.

#575 6 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

depends if you want coop/multiplayer or single.

mario +rabbids kingdom battle
overcooked
splatoon 2
Doom
Bayonetta 1/2
rocket league
splunker

sooooo many more good games.

Man I have a stack of games at home and haven't played most...but know they are good.

Kirby comes out in March and mario tennis is rumored for june!

#576 6 years ago

We still play heated games of Mario Tennis on N64, so we were pumped when we saw the Mario Tennis clips for Switch earlier this week.

#577 6 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

We still play heated games of Mario Tennis on N64, so we were pumped when we saw the Mario Tennis clips for Switch earlier this week

Me too. Ha! I am really excited for tennis. Zelda and Mario kart have been keeping me busy

#578 6 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

Zelda was Game of the Year. Fantastic!
Mario + Rabbids
Splatoon 2

I love the Switch! Nintendo makes fun games.

#579 6 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

We still play heated games of Mario Tennis on N64, so we were pumped when we saw the Mario Tennis clips for Switch earlier this week.

I totoally forgot, If you like fighting games, ARMS, is freaking great!

#580 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I totoally forgot, If you like fighting games, ARMS, is freaking great!

I was telling him about Arms last night. Looks pretty cool. I’m sure we will own all the games inside of a couple weeks haha

#581 6 years ago

Yeah...... I’ve bought way too many. 1-2 switch is a fun party game if you get it cheap. Like $20 or less?

#582 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

OK, this is probably the best if not one of the best video games I have EVER played. I'm not a Nintendo fan boy, and I'm getting old so I don't even play a ton anymore. But this game, WHOAAAH, freaking fantastic.
Anyone else?

Quote from post #1.
Our good friend and pinhead eggbert52 who started this thread passed away last week from the flu. Good guy, gamer, pinhead.
Lets all play a game for him and remember, life is short, lets have some fun.
Rest in peace, you'll be missed on pinside.

#583 6 years ago

Anyone looking to get in the Nintendo switch club? I have two and will be selling one.

#584 6 years ago

Bayonetta is bonkers. I think the developers love cocaine

#585 6 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Bayonetta is bonkers. I think the developers love cocaine

It was crazy when I played it on the Wii U. I didn’t come close to finishing it, so I will eventually have to get it on the switch.

Btw, the switch is a year old today. This has been a fantastic first year for a console!

#586 6 years ago

Nintendo direct

I don’t want to spoil it but good news!

#587 6 years ago

Celeste is a great game if anyone is on the fence about it.

#588 6 years ago
Quoted from Spagano314:

hopeing for a physical release!

#589 6 years ago

SMAAAAAAAAASSSSSHHHHHHH

About. BLOODY. TIME.

#590 6 years ago

if you are looking to preorder the collectors edition of Octopath Traveler, there is a live preorder on Game Stop's website. Do not see it anywhere else. Would assume it sells out fairly quickly, being a new RPG from Square Enix and all

#591 6 years ago

Splatfest this weekend!!! Go team egg!

#592 6 years ago
Quoted from Spagano314:

Celeste might be the best pure platformer I have ever played. So good.

#593 6 years ago

Anyone played Kona?

1 week later
#594 6 years ago

waiting has paid off! physical release of Sonic Mania (Sonic Mania Plus) with a bunch of bonus stuff! you can preorder on amazon and get it for $24 shipped! woohoo

https://www.polygon.com/2018/3/16/17131294/sonic-mania-plus-release-date-new-characters-encore-mode

#595 6 years ago

Kinda cool that this thread lives on and likely will for years. RIP eggbert, you master troll, you.

#596 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

waiting has paid off! physical release of Sonic Mania (Sonic Mania Plus) with a bunch of bonus stuff! you can preorder on amazon and get it for $24 shipped! woohoo
https://www.polygon.com/2018/3/16/17131294/sonic-mania-plus-release-date-new-characters-encore-mode

I will only ever buy one physical game for my switch (I bought Zelda) because it only has one slot. I am done swapping cartridges and discs. That being said, I am really glad we are getting all of these physical releases for the people who want them. One of the most expensive games I have purchased on the switch was binding of Isaac. It was $40 which is high for a digital game, but I was ok with the price since they did such a good job with the physical release. I have a lot of friends that love that stuff.

#597 6 years ago

The only problem I have with digital is you shift any value left in the games from the physical media to being permanently locked to your account.

You can never recover any of that value. I suppose it doesn't really matter if you only buy 3 or 4 games a year, but if you go through 4 a month it helps to be able to resell them to friends or share the cost of single player games so we each can play different games at a much lower cost.

Plus you can almost always pick up the physical releases cheaper than the digital ones, which doesn't make sense to me. Use Amazon if you are pre-ordering and you get it on launch day with a nice discount. Best Buy Gamer's Club if it's after launch day for the same discount and the ease of walking into a store to pick it up on the way home from work.

#598 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

glad I waited, I have all the sonics on Genesis and Mania on PS4 but I would love a physical copy. might have been my personal favorite of last year

#599 6 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

glad I waited, I have all the sonics on Genesis and Mania on PS4 but I would love a physical copy. might have been my personal favorite of last year

i bought the collectors edition then sold the d/l code lol awaiting the physical release. stoked it paid off.

#600 6 years ago

I love how the insert is reversible into a genesis case

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.