1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 1,577 posts
  • 153 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by winteriscoming
  • Topic is favorited by 43 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 98 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Splat Troll.png
F639C6A0-E4F0-4249-AB6A-7493B21FFD1C (resized).jpeg
09AB4678-AF79-4EAC-812F-33D7B48DF5E5.jpeg
BC2BC67C-F54F-4FF7-A94E-FD2B5F40308E.jpeg
D575E9AF-37D9-45D8-8E4E-DB339AFAB3A8.jpeg
81ApE9fUaVL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg
61euMXR4QTL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg
that-season-im-out-meme-1024x639 (resized).jpg
Zen_censored.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 11.24.29 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 11.24.18 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 11.24.03 AM (resized).png
IMG_0667 (resized).JPG
IMG_20180919_221142 (resized).jpg
20180919_122650 (resized).jpg
D79D5185-E070-4E4C-9267-739F45A2D8D9 (resized).jpeg

There are 1577 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 32.
#501 10 months ago

I'm interested in Tropical Freeze because I didn't get to play that on Wii U. I was hoping they might have dropped more from that catalogue. Not much else I'm excited about.

#502 10 months ago

I wish it had some more "new" games

Tropical freeze was awesome but i dont know if I would double dip cause I almost 100% it.

it's a tough platformer and lots of fun I totally recommend it. Plus killer soundtrack from David wise

#503 10 months ago
Quoted from timtim:

I wish it had some more "new" games
Tropical freeze was awesome but i dont know if I would double dip cause I almost 100% it.
it's a tough platformer and lots of fun I totally recommend it. Plus killer soundtrack from David wise

I hear you, not much new at all. Even as far as recycled there are other Wii U games I would prefer, I was hoping they might release a few of them on the store.

#504 10 months ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Guys,
Can you recommend the best arcade style joystick for the switch? Is there anything like the old NES Advantage joy stick?
Thanks

The HORI Nintendo Switch Real Arcade Pro V Hayabusa Fight Stick has gotten excellent reviews.

#505 10 months ago
Quoted from Darscot:

When it comes to the gaming industry Nintendo is no longer a major player they are a niche market.

Niche market?

http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/01/09/nintendo-switch-sales-adding-context-to-its-incredible-first-year

3C3020FB-A7A6-4A7D-A0BF-209C5D251A9F (resized).jpeg

#506 10 months ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

The HORI Nintendo Switch Real Arcade Pro V Hayabusa Fight Stick has gotten excellent reviews.

Great, thanks very much.

#507 10 months ago

Your getting fooled by pretty graphs from game journalism. http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/
PS4 70,000,000 massive online community and sales channels.
Switch 10,000,000 virtually no online community and minimal sale channel.

My favorite part is how they projected an extra 4 million for switch.

#508 10 months ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

This one?

868DAAD7-3365-4E42-A9DA-5B230E5AD2CF (resized).jpeg

#509 10 months ago

Yes, that’s it. It’s also officially licensed by Nintendo.

#510 10 months ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

Yes, that’s it. It’s also officially licensed by Nintendo.

Nice! They aren’t selling at ces but it looks huge and nice

#511 10 months ago

Taking my daughter over to Toys R Us to pick one up tonight.

#512 10 months ago

Mario tennis!

#513 10 months ago

If they let Camelot go all in with the RPG elements they had in the single player campaigns in the GBA era I'm in. There is just not enough depth in Mario Tennis to hold me for a full price console title without it. Hopefully it delivers.

#514 10 months ago

I’m gonna put some back spin on your ball

#515 10 months ago

Mario tennis and the donkey Kong game look the best to me. I never played dk in the Wii U, so I am looking forward to it.

#516 10 months ago
Quoted from Darscot:

PS4 70,000,000 massive online community and sales channels.
Switch 10,000,000 virtually no online community and minimal sale channel.

PS4 release 2013 VS switch 2017!
Of course the install base is lower for the time beeing.
But factor in huge 3DS install base & amiibo sales.

Projections of sales are essential if you run a business this huge and totally legit.

Just saying, these are not biased facts from fanboys but black and white numbers from analysts and game media outlets!

Anyway, i‘m having fun on both systems

#517 10 months ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

PS4 release 2013 VS switch 2017!
Of course the install base is lower for the time beeing.
But factor in huge 3DS install base & amiibo sales.
Projections of sales are essential if you run a business this huge and totally legit.
Just saying, these are not biased facts from fanboys but black and white numbers from analysts and game media outlets!
Anyway, i‘m having fun on both systems

Im a Nintendo fan I just accept the reality of the financial numbers.
https://newzoo.com/insights/rankings/top-25-companies-game-revenues/
Look at them compared to the major players. Don’t look to a silly graph from an IGN story.

Just read a little closer and the source I posted isn't that great but if you look around you can get a good picture.

Full disclosure I do work in the industry.

#518 10 months ago

Does anyone play FIFA 18? It seems all I've been playing lately is Doom and FIFA online. I love the Switch. It has completely revitalized my passion for console/portable gaming and it's a nice distraction from pinball.

#519 10 months ago
Quoted from Spagano314:

Does anyone play FIFA 18? It seems all I've been playing lately is Doom and FIFA online. I love the Switch. It has completely revitalized my passion for console/portable gaming and it's a nice distraction from pinball.

It’s the game I work on, I don’t work directly on Switch as I’m on the Frostbite platform. Would have been nice to get that engine on Switch but it just wasn’t feasible. Great to hear your enjoying it.

#520 10 months ago
Quoted from Spagano314:

Good to hear I wanted to try that game but skipped it because of the negative reviews along with wwe 2k18, maybe I’ll give them a shot.

#521 10 months ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Good to hear I wanted to try that game but skipped it because of the negative reviews along with wwe 2k18, maybe I’ll give them a shot.

You'll miss a lot of great things in life when believing reviews created by people who aren't qualified to write them.

#522 10 months ago

It can also help to reduce the risk on buying games if you have a few friends who have very similar gaming tastes as you.

Between my buddies, sometimes we agree on who will buy a new game first to give it a shot and see if we all would like it. We also resell the single-player campaign style games between us, which greatly reduces the cost.

#523 10 months ago

Has anyone out here tried wwe2k18?

#524 10 months ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Has anyone out here tried wwe2k18?

Main issues are slow load times, lots of bugs, frame rate issues and “unplayable” in multiman matches. Blind squirrel mentioned releasing a patch, but until that comes, I would suggest waiting.

#525 10 months ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

FIFA Switch is exactly what I have been trying to talk about. If you a hardcore FIFA player that typically games at home you are going to want it on one of the other platforms. That being said FIFA switch is still amazing and the best mobile sports game ever created.

I do make the game so obviously I have some bias and this is my personal opinion not me just saying this for EA.

#526 10 months ago
Quoted from Darscot:

FIFA Switch is exactly what I have been trying to talk about. If you a hardcore FIFA player that typically games at home you are going to want it on one of the other platforms. That being said FIFA switch is still amazing and the best mobile sports game ever created.
I do make the game so obviously I have some bias and this is my personal opinion not me just saying this for EA.

That's a sweet set up working for EA....they do well with their sports franchises. Have you heard any rumblings of getting a NHL game ported over to the Switch?? That may be tougher than a soccer game but that'd be fun online and portable. I'd love something pixelated from there 90's era.
Maybe Super Blood Hockey will makes its way over?!

#527 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

That's a sweet set up working for EA....they do well with their sports franchises. Have you heard any rumblings of getting a NHL game ported over to the Switch?? That may be tougher than a soccer game but that'd be fun online and portable. I'd love something pixelated from there 90's era.

Wasn’t Old Time Hockey supposed to come out on switch?

#528 10 months ago

I can’t talk about anything that may or not be coming in the future. I can say the NHL market is pretty small in the big picture.

#529 10 months ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I can’t talk about anything that may or not be coming in the future. I can say the NHL market is pretty small in the big picture.

Fair enough.

#530 10 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Wasn’t Old Time Hockey supposed to come out on switch?

I'm not sure but it has come out on all the other platforms and has remained "local" multiplayer only. That doesn't work for me with sports games as I need online human competition.

#532 10 months ago

I am just now getting back into Zelda. I can't for the life of me figure out why I stopped playing it last year in the middle of the first dungeon...

#534 10 months ago
Quoted from Groo:

I am just now getting back into Zelda. I can't for the life of me figure out why I stopped playing it last year in the middle of the first dungeon...

I played 6 ish hours on wiiu, then got the switch...JUST picking it up on the switch...I also forgot how awesome this game was

#536 10 months ago

I can second the fact that FIFA kicks ass on the switch. Keep in mind that I just like a straight forward online match and don't need the extras and for that is the best portable fifa by far and over owned then all (psp Vita etc). Highly recommended.

Now let's get nhl going!

#537 10 months ago

I'd love something pixelated from there 90's era.

Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball.

Seriously.

#538 10 months ago
Quoted from Gov:

\
Dang, sold out already. Heck of a deal.

I just bought one?

#539 10 months ago
Quoted from Frax:

Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball.
Seriously.

Well I'm talking EA's killer NHL series from way back when....that was a Hudson Soft game I believe
Milos castle!

#540 10 months ago
Quoted from Frax:

I just bought one?

Said sold out when I went to buy it earlier.

#541 10 months ago

i just started playing AXIOM VERGE on the switch.

awesome side scrolling game with old school 8 bit graphics. has that metroid / castlevania feel to it, with great music/weapon upgrades/ mapping system.

for "on the go" gaming its good stuff mang

#542 10 months ago

Have to send ours back because of an HDMI out issue
Not very happy about that, so far its been pretty cool.....but it would be nice to play on the big screen

#543 10 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I played 6 ish hours on wiiu, then got the switch...JUST picking it up on the switch...I also forgot how awesome this game was

Now I remember, the constant Game Over screen and dungeon reset so I have to run to the top of the beast and move the switches again. The boss fight in there was like it was from Dark Souls or something. Had to leave to try to find some better gear and more hearts.

#544 10 months ago
Quoted from Groo:

Now I remember, the constant Game Over screen and dungeon reset so I have to run to the top of the beast and move the switches again. The boss fight in there was like it was from Dark Souls or something. Had to leave to try to find some better gear and more hearts.

Ha! Well now you can have dark souls soon! Crush your soul :/

#545 10 months ago

Yep, going to try my luck on that one as well. Although I didn't get far when it was out originally.

#546 10 months ago

0.o Nintendo just threw some features out of no where!!!! This is so cool!!!!

Man I love that they are doing things out of the normal "console" box.

#547 10 months ago

Damn that is pretty sweet, I hate that they suck me in with these novelties but it does work.

#548 10 months ago

would love to find a good deal on a new bundle with mario kart and/or odyssey

#549 10 months ago

I'm way ahead of the game with this cardboard thing

IMG_20180118_122907 (resized).jpg

#550 10 months ago

Rocket league physical is out today!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 229.99
$ 26.50
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9.99
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 209.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 1,099.00
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
£ 55.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Cabinet Parts
Flashinstinct
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 109.00
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 11.95
There are 1577 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 32.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside