PXL_20230615_213012281 (resized).jpg
16868472117342296101486555053423 (resized).jpg
16868464900856775119706721526606 (resized).jpg
16868462388575157472113307038242 (resized).jpg
16868459723501322809520064238289 (resized).jpg
IMG_2927 (resized).JPG
16868456225046877711529820994187 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider usafstars.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, those spacers are tricky. Lost one temporarily the first time I took that plastic off. Here's a picture with both on the posts...[quoted image]

LOL, glad to know I wasn’t the only one to do that.

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from ian866:

Is it possible to print an edging strip similar to this out of the same material the protector is made from ? Appreciate it would get mangled eventually, but would give the scoop edges a chance to soften ball impacts.
[quoted image]

I like that idea too. @aniraf, is it possible to just wrap the outer edges of the scoop connecting the bottom left/right section with the same material behind the scoop...kind of like a backstrap??? I'm pretty impressed with this material, I'm thinking this stuff can take a beating.

1 week later
#67 2 years ago

@aniraf, I'm going to want the remaining solutions. Already loving the scoop protector...will you be making everything but the rollover protectors in Ghost Grey? Looking forward to grabbing these when they are ready for prime time.

#107 2 years ago

Hi @aniraf, just wondering how all the projects are coming and when they might possibly be available? Thanks and take care.

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

For anyone that's curious about what they're in for when installing the new mods, our instructions page is updated. Check it out!
http://mjf.me/pinball/Instructions.html

Don't have the new products yet but looked over the install instructions...very well written out. Very much appreciate clear instructions. Cheers!

#181 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Hey everyone, we wanted to let you know that a customer experienced a failure with one of our Rush TPU scoop protectors. The cool thing is that this failure did not impede the protector’s ability to protect or play the machine (woo!), but it was a failure, nonetheless. The product was able to rip near the thin portion which connects the front and back scoop.
Although we believe this came from a defect during printing, we’ve gone “full engineer“ to ensure that it can never happen again. With that, our amazing design team at OutpostKodelia has slightly redesigned the protector by adding additional reinforcement which will further anchors it near the affected area. Furthermore, during the engineering sessions we believe we eliminated the possibility of the metal scoop portion causing friction against the protector during the repeated ball ejects. We believe the tolerances on the scoop, hole, and the placement of the ejection mechanism could be such that it just makes sense for us to take extra steps as these newer machines keep rolling out.
Currently, there is no reason to replace any of the existing Rush TPU scoop protectors. We can address any issues which arise on the fly just like we’re doing for this customer. Additionally, we are continuing to test our existing solution at two local locations. This post was simply because we want to be transparent as we’re learning to improve the product.
Going forward all protectors will include these changes. Some have already shipped! Be sure to check the updated instructions at http://instructions.ninjacamp.com.
We encourage you to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks for being upfront. I’ve got the 1st edition and it’s holding up well. We are your test bed, nothing tests better than the user community. I’m not worried that if I have an issue in the future you’ll make it right.

#186 2 years ago

It's announcement day!!!
Here at Outpost Kodelia, we found ourselves getting tired of having to strain to see which shots were lit in the inner loop. Heck, we didn't even realize there were shot lights for the inner loop for almost two weeks into owning the game! Apparently no one at Stern is under 6'4" so they must've thought it was totally fine to hide those lights where the rest of us can't see them, left to be shocked to discover that there's actually a third skill shot, or to wonder where that last mode shot is hanging out! Well, with the magic of 3D printing and the convenience of rapid PCB prototyping and production, we bring you our solution to this issue, The Interactive Rush Inner Loop Status Duplicator 3000 for People That Aren't Very Tall! (Let's just say we're still working on a good name for this one...)
Using professional hardware, this mod intercepts the signals being sent to the four inner loop status lights (RGB arrow, RGB record, combo 3, and combo 2) and passes them along to a compact custom PCB to replicate the light based information where you can actually see it! The whole package is dressed up in a shiny purple and gold case that matches the color and artistic cues from the playfield perfectly! Installation involves unplugging and plugging in a few standard connectors, routing the wire up to the top of the playfield, mounting the display with existing playfield screws and nuts, and zip tying a few things together.
Please note that pictures here are of the prototype. We've already made a few tweaks based on what we learned installing the prototype that will make it even better and prettier (render shows latest design changes). Final product will also have cleaner and more finished looking above-the-playfield wiring than what you see in these photos.
So what say you? Do you like what you see? Who wants one? If the reaction is strong, we'll probably open a preorder in the NinjaCamp store as part of our ongoing partnership. To make the final product, we have to submit a new order for the final production PCBs and we'll need to know how many to order to get this started. It will also give us the time we'll need to print the parts and hand wire the wiring harnesses.
Up close, different colors:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
Players view:
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome...by chance do you have any idea what the cost might be???

#188 2 years ago

Thank you both! We haven't set the price yet, but it will definitely be more expensive than other stuff you've seen from us. They're much more labor intensive compared to our other parts... the prints require manual intervention to make the text-on-part details happen, the wire harness is completely hand made, we have to build a test harness for verifying they work, etc. They're also more parts intensive with the custom PCBs, header parts, overseas shipping of materials to us, and five different 3D printer filaments involved. So we just have to figure out what we think is the right balance of being worth our time to create while giving everyone here a fair price. We'll announce pricing when we get to the preorder phase.

I fully appreciate that this isn't a wham bam here's your mod sam! My concern is if it's to expensive, would it possibly be a no go if you don't get enough pre-orders? Wouldn't it be better to give a ball park (not holding feet to fire) so that the community can give you better feedback on what the "real" demand might be? Just spit balling.

#256 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

First, I just want to say thank you to Ninja and the team for these excellent mods and for putting in the time and effort for the community to enjoy their pins even more. Thank you.
I did install the inner loop, the vuk protector and backstop, and the ramp rubber guards. Unfortunately, the inner loop fix was not working for me. I added the felt back on and was back to 100%. It was also hanging the ball sometimes (especially during a multiball) and was stuck on the switch. I had to really shove the game to knock it loose. I'm also getting a lot more rejects from the VUK than without it, so I'm back to just using mylar again.
Very unfortunate for me, but it was a good try. If you all have any suggestions or would like more information/pictures, etc., I'm happy to do so via PM or whatever works best.
These were not difficult to install, so I even reinstalled them more than once to make sure. I know you all are busy, so I appreciate the support.

Thanks for updating the gang on here. I'm pretty surprised the VUK is giving you more rejects. I have their scoop protector and absolutely love them, biggest reason I got all excited about the VUK protector...guess I'll know soon if I experience the same.

Curious, what power setting are you running at for the Right Flipper?

#258 2 years ago
Quoted from oliviarium:

John-Floyd , spandol -- we have another fix we'd like you to try, in conjunction with the existing loop fix, if you don't mind. We are producing it now and will send you each one (no cost obviously) on Friday when our next batch of shipments goes out. We'd love to hear if improves the accuracy of the loop shot getting counted for you.

Way to step up. Can't wait to see what possible solution you may have for this.

5 months later
#775 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Please help - I’m Towards the end of the install and I forgot where those 2 black spacers go…. Anyone have a pic?

Right on top of the left and right post before putting on the plastic.

rush post (resized).pngrush post (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider usafstars.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ninjacamp-mods?tu=usafstars and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.