PXL_20230615_213012281 (resized).jpg
16868472117342296101486555053423 (resized).jpg
16868464900856775119706721526606 (resized).jpg
16868462388575157472113307038242 (resized).jpg
16868459723501322809520064238289 (resized).jpg
IMG_2927 (resized).JPG
16868456225046877711529820994187 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aniraf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Hey everyone! I wanted to start a dedicated NinjaCamp Mod related thread for my current 3D printed mods. I figure this might be the best way for me to keep everyone updated and discuss issues, seek help, etc. I feel bad talking about my stuff in the club threads but I want to make sure I can show people what I've made in case it helps them.

I really appreciate all of the support and positive feedback so far! As I've said to a few of you, I am so excited that I created a few things which are helping people!

Speaking of mods: here are my non-commercial use 3D designs you can print yourself:
- Rick and Morty X Spacer (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4869750)
- Rick and Morty TPU Portal Protector (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4866580)

I'm happy to post most of my work to Thingiverse should you see something on my Pinside shop you wish to attempt to make yourself. Just PM me and I'll add or update the part to the best of my ability.

Pinside (resized).jpgPinside (resized).jpg
4 months later
#4 2 years ago

Hey palmettophoto and @bluecylinder! So the mod is made of a flexible material called TPU which you can 3D print. It is amazing stuff that can be bent and flexed yet always goes back to its original shape. It is also extremely strong. For example if you cut a small length off the roll I would guess it takes over 50 pounds of force to snap it...maybe more. Additionally with the Rick and Morty protector I did some "Dremel testing". I've hit the material with various high speed surfaces just to get a feel for what heavy ball roll might do to it. Basically it takes a beating. I can "sand" through it, but it isn't as easy as you would expect. Lastly this material cannot chip or splinter. It is really similar to an injected molded rubber or silicone.

I will be offering a warranty just as I've done with my other parts. Any part failure during expected use will be replaced at no charge. Damage to the underlying wood or clear coat I cannot really warranty as there is no way for me to know the quality before the part was applied. That is an area where you'll have to assume this part just does a good enough job...kind of like a cell phone case. I'm always happy to work with people on crazy situations and try to make it right.

Also palmettophoto on the Gilbert thing...hit me up! We have tons of leagues and tournaments. You can come check something out!

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

I would love one of the Rush scoop protectors as well for my pro if possible. Is shipping to Canada a problem?

Nope, we'll hook up all international orders...but shipping will be adjusted. I got roasted on the international shipping with my Rick and Morty parts...I need to learn how to do that better!

#7 2 years ago

This is a repost from the Rush thread (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/60#post-6833224)

Hey everyone, I wanted to announce a new option to fix your scoops and protect your delicate parts...the "Rush TPU Scoop Protector" is real! Using NinjaCamp's "near-patent pending" technology we've been able to create what I believe is the ultimate fix for our scoop issues. Why is it the ultimate you ask? (I'm glad you asked) There are a couple of reasons:

1) Easy to install
2) No metal on metal
2) Excellent protection
4) Color choices!

Unlike traditional protectors, the TPU version will not cause additional wear to the ball, nor will the protector develop any ugly "wear spots" over time. Furthermore NinjaCamp's process allows for a paper thin top-side edge which improves the overall performance of the scoop. Don't believe me?? Well, first, go fuck yourself and second...just kidding about the first thing. In all seriousness, we've been testing these protectors in two locations for over three weeks with thousands of plays and zero issues! I'll also mention that the solution is aesthetically pleasing. We teamed up with Outpost Kodelia's amazing design team to produce a part so perfect that the "tuning fork" sound from the factory scoop is still in tact.

We will be selling this solution in two versions, full and partial protection. This allows for owners to decide if they wish to improve the front facing (extremely problematic) protector or both protectors using the same solution. Our engineering team has has also discovered that premium/LE versions of the game may have an additional metal bracket on the underside. We've developed this solution for both configurations, however we would prefer to know as we can slightly tweak the part to ensure a perfect fit.

I've attached a couple of pictures of the protector in "Ghost Rider Grey" and "Bastille Day Black". These should wet your appetite while we configure the store and finalize the details. Partial protection will cost $30 whereas the full protection will be $55. I highly recommend the full protection because it looks and works so awesome! Everything will be listed on Pinside (sales support these forums) and available to ship globally starting next week.

Lastly:
A little bit about NinjaCamp: NinjaCamp, entered into the mod business around the time that Rick and Morty was ending the production run. There were some problems to solve, including a very similar TPU portal protector (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/05107-rick-and-morty-tpu-portal-protector). We've had fantastic success with that part and subsequently have literally worked to patent the process of producing 3D printed TPU protectors. The quality and fit are amazing! You can read a little more about us on this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ninjacamp-mods. I encourage you to post questions there or PM me directly so that we don't clog up this thread too much, but hell...it is a forum so do whatever you like .

black (resized).jpgblack (resized).jpgfullProtection (resized).jpegfullProtection (resized).jpeggrey (resized).jpeggrey (resized).jpeg
#9 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

This is the underside of my LE scoop (ignore the stray sticker in the scoop) and was wondering if I have the additional bracket you mentioned?
[quoted image]

This part I highlighted in purple is the Prem/LE "plate" we are seeing. I'm not sure why it is there, but it makes sense for us to modify the protector just enough to get a better fit when the machine has it.

plate (resized).jpgplate (resized).jpg
#12 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

That plate acts like a big spacer/washer for mounting the lower mech at a lower level than the side mech for ball movement purposes. Stern could have used fender washers instead, but for ease of assembly I imagine they used this instead.[quoted image]

That is an awesome picture...do you mind if I use that as I explain this to people? I want to make sure everyone orders the right version and gets the best fit. Basically the front facing "tab" on our design should lay over top of that to ensure that the protector cannot be pushed upward by an ejected ball. It is unlikely, but I would prefer to sell a product that accounts for anything that we think could happen.

#16 2 years ago

I cannot say this loud enough...your interest in the TPU Scoop Protector has been amazing. Thank you all for reaching out and saying such cool things.
Sorry for going dark for a few...but I do have a day job (believe it or not). I was able to get everything listed on my Pinside store this evening. You should start seeing the lovely adds at the bottom of the page, or you can click one of the following product links to place your order. We're already behind (big surprise) but we're cranking this out rapidly. Additional shipping supplies are on the way and we're getting geared up! If you're ready to order now, rest assured it will be in your hands as soon as we can possible get it done. All orders will be filled in the order in which they are received.
Here are the product pages:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06616-rush-tpu-scoop-protector-full-protection
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06618-rush-tpu-scoop-protector-partial-protection
Hopefully I covered everything in those. I recorded some stupid videos today just to better illustrate what we're working with. I'm sorry I didn't have a routed piece of plywood, but trust me, the 2x4 is softer.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Sure thing!!
I may have to look into some TPU filament for my Prusas as well, been dabbling mostly in PLA+ and PETG. How does the TPU print in comparison to those two?

It is interesting. It has a bad habit of stringing or welding on to the print surface. Once you dial it in, it is awesome…but there is a learning cure.

#18 2 years ago

Ghost Rider Grey is in full production! It is easiest to make them in batches, but I wanted to show everyone the progress!

Thank you so much for all of your interest! I cannot t wait for everyone to get these!

8794420A-0842-4550-804A-56D8B0517808 (resized).jpeg8794420A-0842-4550-804A-56D8B0517808 (resized).jpeg
#20 2 years ago
Quoted from ian866:

Just thinking out loud, would it be possible to install the stock Stern supplied protector over the top of this ?
Have you explored this ?
Thanks,

I originally thought about that, but there was no way to prevent a raised lip around it. In theory you could cut the lip off of this design but it just wasn't worth it. My testing indicates that the ball can enter from any direction and it is unimpeded by the TPU.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from ian866:

I'm really happy that you have brought this product to the market, I believe there is potential in making an ever better solution, by incorporating it as a sort of base layer to a Cliffy.
I'm in no way saying that what you have is not going to work. I just believe that you've opened the door to a new way of resolving an issue, to that you have to be applauded.
I'll be ordering one as soon as you start to offer a solution for the Vuk hole ( hopefully you have any eye on that ), or now if not !

Well thank you and I agree. I am confident that there are opportunities to evolve this concept for all of us.

I do have eyes on the VUK hole but I wanted to tackle the biggest problem first. As soon as my printer isn't busy cranking orders I'll start experimenting with the VUK which is basically a variation of my Rick and Morty portal protector.

#24 2 years ago

First batch is out the door! My partners and I are cranking them as fast as possible while also solving the VUK issue .

6B6E8262-749E-4A04-B753-386CF4EB7656 (resized).png6B6E8262-749E-4A04-B753-386CF4EB7656 (resized).png
#25 2 years ago

Huge amount of orders going out tomorrow. This gets us much closer to catching up from the initial explosion of orders.

4BB53350-512E-4EDA-8CDC-172C34348C32 (resized).jpeg4BB53350-512E-4EDA-8CDC-172C34348C32 (resized).jpeg
#27 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

are you any closer to adding another color option ?

We’re really focused on the deluge of black and grey right now. As soon as that dust settles we could launch the VUK protector or start offering colors. The trick with colors is that the time spent ends up being more considering the material changes and cleaning. I wanted to make sure that people had an immediate fix in their hands as fast as possible. With the the two colors my partners at Outpost Kodelia and I can just pick one color each and print all day. Next step is more printers.

#30 2 years ago

Hey everyone, we have a couple of updates on the Rush scoop protector:

1) "Partial protection" will be discontinued. If someone only wants to purchase the protector for the front scoop just PM me and we'll figure out a way to hook you up. We are making this change because the "full protection" option has been significantly more popular and generally people purchasing the partial are making mistakes then contacting me later.

2) We've discovered that the "blue eraser"/"double marge" solution ships without one of the black spacers that all of the other solutions ship with. This was brought to our attention by avspin who took some amazing pictures of the part and his own solution to add a small rubber as the spacer (attached). In order to combat this we've created a printable spacer which you can download here https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5332649. Should your machine have this solution please let us know during the ordering process and we can ship you a spacer at no extra charge.

eraser (resized).jpgeraser (resized).jpgsolution (resized).jpgsolution (resized).jpg
#39 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Did this quiet down the gameplay? Those metal on metal blows are cringeworthy, one thing I don’t like about this game!

My game sounds like a tuning fork every time you hit the scoop. The protector did not help that.

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Cracks me up that people are worried about the ball hitting either side of Stern’s new blue rubber protector, but not the ball hitting the side of that scoop hood. I’m keeping my double-Marge and I will wear it proudly.

I get it, this isn’t for everyone.

#45 2 years ago

That wouldn’t be hard to design but you would have to do it vertically, like a large snake growing out of the print surface. I am not sure how “high” it could go with the flexible material. Also it would fight you if you tried to mold it to the edge of the scoop because the TPU loves to go back to it’s original shape.

I have a couple of ideas for scoop edge stuff that I’ve done on my home games. The hard thing right now is simply meeting existing demand of the scoop protectors. We can only print so many per day between us and the orders are flying in. We are talking about ways to scale as I would love to print more custom protectors!

I may put out a survey to determine out next part. We assumed the VUK was a good follow since it seems to be chipping on @outpostkodelia’s brand new LE with an ultra low number of plays.

#62 2 years ago

Wow! I really appreciate the excitement! I know a guy who is using that inner loop fix on location and it is doing a great job .

#99 2 years ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

We're still ideating on what that might look like. We have to take into account not just how to make a working design that actually provides protection, but how to design something that can actually be printed cleanly and reliably given the realities of 3D printing and limitations of the TPU, and the shooter lane with its contours is going to be a particular challenge on the latter part. Not that we've thrown in the towel on it or anything... it's just early in the process and we haven't had a chance to really dig in yet.

Don’t forget that our production facility is…ummm…not production scale .

#100 2 years ago
Quoted from jalkelly:

Just chiming in to say I played Anirafs Rush on location this weekend and the scoops functioned perfectly.
Thanks for supporting the hobby and being a great operator. Games are always in top shape!

Super nice of you! Thanks!!

#101 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I like everything here, but I have to weigh in on inlane switch protectors. I hate them. I’ve had so many ball-hangs on Cliffies, and the metal on those is even thinner than what I see here. I’ve always just put down a few layers of mylar, and that’s been enough to protect even my 10+ year old Sterns. Yes, it’s a PITA to cut out the mylar with an Exacto knife, but there’s an art to it.
Everything else is amazing, and I’m definitely interested in the VUK protector.

It is a balance. We can print this stuff insanely thin, but it doesn’t have the protection I would want. Also the thinner you go, the slower the print. Based on this thread alone I feel like we are going to need 40 printers .

#103 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

No excuse. Also, if you could, like, Amazon it overnight to me, that'd be great too. Thanks.
I'll take two sets of the new stuff since my scoop protectors are on their way. Should've been here by now...

Haha. We’re working on it! We are almost caught up to where we are able to ship orders within one day. I feel pretty proud of that seeing as how I thought this might be “slightly” more popular than my Rick and Morty protector.

Lots of final testing on new parts and dialing in our 3D printers for maximum goodness. We will have things listed very soon.

#108 2 years ago

usafstars thank you for asking. We are planning on dropping everything tomorrow or Tuesday. It just depends on how much time I have.

#120 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Something tells me you knew the tracking number. HOORAY! It arrived!

Sorry, because of the demand and lack of automation I haven't sent out all of the tracking numbers like I normally do. Rest assured everything is tracked and we're averaging about 8 day turn around from order to receipt at this point.

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

So...where are the other two mods?

I've got the product pages almost finished...looks like everything will launch tomorrow assuming I don't need to worry about the glamor shots . I think OutpostKodelia already nailed those on the big post.

I'll update here the moment everything is live.

#152 2 years ago

For anyone that's curious about what they're in for when installing the new mods, our instructions page is updated. Check it out!
http://mjf.me/pinball/Instructions.html

Don’t mind that non-reactive HTML! NinjaCamp has been trying and failing at businesses for 20 years .

#172 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Meh...keep arguing, guys. It just bumps the NinjaMods thread to the top where everyone can see it, and it's a great product so people should be made aware of it. No such thing as bad publicity. I don't care how many orders they get as long as they ship mine first, though...

I didn’t really anticipate this “level” of interest. I think we can all agree that it does not matter what solution you use, you just need to protect your wood from your balls.

#174 2 years ago

Thank you…I am like a perpetual 8 year old.

#177 2 years ago

Hey everyone, we wanted to let you know that a customer experienced a failure with one of our Rush TPU scoop protectors. The cool thing is that this failure did not impede the protector’s ability to protect or play the machine (woo!), but it was a failure, nonetheless. The product was able to rip near the thin portion which connects the front and back scoop.

Although we believe this came from a defect during printing, we’ve gone “full engineer“ to ensure that it can never happen again. With that, our amazing design team at OutpostKodelia has slightly redesigned the protector by adding additional reinforcement which will further anchors it near the affected area. Furthermore, during the engineering sessions we believe we eliminated the possibility of the metal scoop portion causing friction against the protector during the repeated ball ejects. We believe the tolerances on the scoop, hole, and the placement of the ejection mechanism could be such that it just makes sense for us to take extra steps as these newer machines keep rolling out.

Currently, there is no reason to replace any of the existing Rush TPU scoop protectors. We can address any issues which arise on the fly just like we’re doing for this customer. Additionally, we are continuing to test our existing solution at two local locations. This post was simply because we want to be transparent as we’re learning to improve the product.

Going forward all protectors will include these changes. Some have already shipped! Be sure to check the updated instructions at http://instructions.ninjacamp.com.

We encourage you to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns.

#183 2 years ago
Quoted from usafstars:

Thanks for being upfront. I’ve got the 1st edition and it’s holding up well. We are your test bed, nothing tests better than the user community. I’m not worried that if I have an issue in the future you’ll make it right.

Thanks! That is 100% the attitude I have on it. No matter what we'll figure out a way to make it right. Also I'm running one of these in the wild with no issues. I'm not planning on changing it either.

#226 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

OutpostKodelia Aniraf I just wanted to give you a shoutout for putting together some really thoughtful mods. Every single one of your mods makes a FUNCTIONAL improvement to the game. It is tiring seeing mod makers in the never-ending race to push out cosmetic 3D printed mods that add nothing at all to gameplay.
I really look forward to seeing what else you have in store, for Rush and other titles.
p.s. installed my Ninjacamp double scoop protector last night and it is working great so far. My factory LE protectors were trashed.

I really appreciate this! Also how insanely lucky am I that I live near another talented mod maker and we can join forces on this stuff? OutpostKodelia and oliviarium are the real deal! These two have actually built custom pins!!

#227 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Received my inner loop guide today - sadly it didn’t work for me. Took off the felt (which was working 100% of the time) and Installed the guide and had 0 registered for 9 shots. Put the felt back on and took off the guide and was back at 100%. Put the guide back in along with the felt and was also at 100%. Oh well, It’s an air factor I think - not a right side lean. Ball just goes so fast it must go over the target a tad too much. Would love to get a plastic lane cover like another member made for his - that would fix the issue I am having.

I'm with OutpostKodelia on this in that we did test the hell out of it, but there are SO MANY factors in pinball. It is a bit exhausting to try and create perfect solutions. That said, if you happen to have the ability to take some slo-mo video I would love to see it! In our testing it almost always pushed the ball right over that switch regardless of the speed and height. I wonder if your machine has different enough geometry or flipper power that it can still get by and fail to register.

Also I'm happy to do a return if you wish. I'd rather have someone who is pleased with what they bought than lamenting the waste of money . As you can all tell, that isn't our game here. We love pinball too much to try and make a quick score.

#230 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

As I said, you don’t know unless you try. I have no regrets buying it whatsoever. $20 into a 12k machine is nothing and it ruled out one of the possible issues. I can try to take a slow mo video with my iPhone when I have a buddy over and see if I can capture the path it’s taking. my best guess is that the felt pad is keeping the ball lower so it hits the switch 100%. If you say the ball leans right and this guide keeps it centered than it is more assuring having both (just like you stated in your add). I have no intentions on returning it as I appreciate what you guys are doing.

Awesome, well I appreciate having customers like you! If you grab a video feel free to PM it over. I would love to compare it to what our testing showed.

1 week later
#294 1 year ago

For anyone looking for instructions, the NinjaCamp web server crashed. The hosting provider is currently working on restoring operation but does not have an ETA. Everyone please join me in my massive anxiety.

#301 1 year ago
Quoted from Kez11:

Okay, I'm just joining the chorus of praise for the NinjaCamp upgrades. I did the whole suite of (at the time) available upgrades today (these aren't just mods, they're improvements to the gameplay) including DBV, scoop protector, scoop sleeves, and inner loop fix (saving the ramp protectors until I actually need them).
Just got done playing the first few games after all the upgrades, and every single game of three was some sort of a new high score. It's like a different machine. The scoop shots elicit smiles now, instead of cringes. No more CLANKING off the metal (man I hated that sound). The inner loop fix seems to be working for me (when I can make that stupid shot). And the DBV not only registered every shot in there, but was so quiet as to be jarring. I love it all.
So many thanks to the Ninja crew for making this game new and enjoyable again! I have no qualms about firing it up now, with much less worry about doing permanent damage.
Can't wait for my E...SL mod!

Really appreciate this! We're working hard in our day jobs and our new night jobs to get this stuff out to the community.

#304 1 year ago
Quoted from ChesterWhite:

Going to add to the party with the fact that I love my loop fix mod (shipped last week, installed on Monday). The initial mod didn't solve all the missed switches, but once 2nd Ninja loop mod was added; my successful switch hits are between 95-100% !! I do notice there are occasional times that the ball slows enough that it doesn't make it all the away around the loop... but that also could be user error... for some reason, since I installed the mods, my ability to actually hit that shot has dropped dramatically !! (that fact that I now suck at making that shot is not NinjaCamp's fault !)
Also installed the scoop protector over the weekend and I love the results. Works so much better and I play with confidence that I'm not trashing the machine. It was a 2 hour install... but during that time I did a full playfield cleaning, install of mylar around scoops, Sterns' switch upgrade AND also installed the scoop protector. I'm a measure twice, cut once kind of person... so the extra time to install wasn't a big deal.
Just need to install the scoop sleeves and VUK protector (and the "exit stage left" sign once it arrives !) and I'll be good. Thank you again, NinjaCamp team... these are great mods and make a big difference for gameplay and durability..

Awesome! So happy to hear it. I’m hearing good things on the second part of the loop fix. We keep testing to discover even better ways to solve the problem as well. It is exhausting to learn how much variety exists in these machines. Thankfully our customers have been very good at providing feedback and super patient as we iterate on these designs.

#315 1 year ago
Quoted from Kez11:

I only received the V1 Inner Loop fix (bad timing on my order), and it has not helped on my machine. Still only seeing about 20-30% registry of the inner loop shot, even with the upper flipper dialed back to minimum power. Hopefully the latest add-on pieces are doing the trick, and I can get on the list for those as well.
OutpostKodelia
Aniraf
oliviarium

We are in the process of getting V2 out to everyone who needs it. We are still collecting data from people to ensure it actually fixes the problem since we were so certain on V1 :/. Pinball is hard!

This weekend we have a big show in town that we’re all contributing to, so please excuse the couple of days delay.

#316 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I soaked my sleeve in very hot soapy water for 5+ minutes, slid right on. Love how much quieter my game is now, with this and the vuk protector. Well done!!

Now this is a hell of an idea! I really want to make these for many more games but the install was such a bitch that I wasn’t sure if it would fly. I am going to test this method and see if it is the key. Ty for suggesting!

#320 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Aniraf, OutpostKodelia... what do you think?

I think it is an interesting idea and a total possibility. You can print this stuff as thin as paper but it just isn't going to be clear which is the downside. But perhaps that is an upside?? See next post .

#321 1 year ago

Announcing Rush TPU Scoop Protector in COLOR! I had always intended to do something crazy like this but we just didn't have the time with all of the "practical" colors flying off the shelves. Well here it is! The full rainbow of 95A transparent TPU. Over time we may find other quality materials and expand on this, but I think the transparent colors are actually really cool and I already know they have the quality we need to protect our holes.

I tried to film a video (with classy music) showing what each of these might look like under the normal light show of the game. Mind you it will look slighly different once the plastic covers are back on, but I think this does a good job of illustrating how the material can enhance with the light show. The green is by far the most effective at grabbing surrounding light and jumping out at you.

Originally I was going to evaluate every color possible and only offer a few, but after doing this I honestly liked all of them in their own way. Every single color has something interesting to offer depending on what you want to go for, so hell...we're going to offer all of the colors.

In addition to our amazing Bastille Day Black and Ghost Rider Grey we arare introducing Presto Purple, The Big Money Blue, Grand Designs Green, One Little Victory Orange, Roll the Bones Red, and Cygnus X-1 Clear. I know! Even the clear was kind of interesting.

In fact, as a little creative marketing I decided I would give away a free color of your choice to the first person who can guess which color I decided to use in my LE. All you have to do is PM me on Pinside with the subject of "guess" and the body including one of the colors.

Hopefully the video helps you decide should you want experience a whole new world of color for pinball protection.

IMG_0576 (resized).jpegIMG_0576 (resized).jpeg
#326 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I still think my black ones are the best, but I can't really make up my mind until I see them fully installed. Could you do that for each one? Thanks.

I didn’t want to mess with fully installing each one because of the extra time it takes to button everything up and then take the pictures/videos. I’ll see if I can get some time to properly install all of them and take pictures, but don’t hold your breath.

That said I can share a picture of the fully installed “One Little Victory Orange” that I put in my machine. Congratulations to Jfullhouse who won the guessing game and can get a free protector of any color!

I’ll be honest, I never would have figured Orange would be my color, but after a lot of back and forth, I decided I really liked it and I wanted something different.

0D44DED9-C783-4078-AB66-2169815B9AD2 (resized).jpeg0D44DED9-C783-4078-AB66-2169815B9AD2 (resized).jpeg
#330 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

All good...I was just kidding because I'm one of the morons that took hours to install mine. Love all the products...thanks again!

Not a moron at all! I take a while to install stuff too. My LE was so f’ing hard to get the posts out! It took me a while to get the protector nice and flat the way it should be.

Also I am glad you were kidding because I wanted to say “hell no” .

#331 1 year ago

I would love to find it, unfortunately all of the shiny metallic filaments are typically PLA which will completely crumble in this situation. There are actually not a ton of color variations in the higher hardness TPU right now. I have thought about grabbing some non-translucent colors and getting an idea of how those would look, but it is a bit of a challenge to find good products with nice colors. As we branch out into other games I’ll probably get more options going. Right now the translucent became my favorite because of its ability to react to the light shows.

#337 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

VUK protector: any suggestions to make it fit better?? All lip edges are around the hole, but it’s too tight for the ball to drop into the VUK hole.

I have not yet come across a machine where it doesn’t fit uniformly. Make sure yours does not have any remaking support structures in there which we missed when we cleaned it up after printing. Make sure the lip is flat on both sides of the playfield. If that is still not working maybe you could pm/email me a picture or video. [email protected].

#338 1 year ago
Quoted from Kez11:

Damn, my timing really sucks...oh well, I'll be happy with my Ghost Rider Gray.
This adds a new question to my PM to you (please check messages): Will you be doing the switch protectors in colors?

Yes, all products that can make a visual statement will be printed in all colors.

We are at the amazing ZapCon in Mesa Arizona today and responses may be slightly delayed.

#341 1 year ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

I had to repair my left stock rubber and I was able to do without removing the TM ramp. However, when I later installed the Ninja ramp bumpers it was far easier to remove the TM ramp completely. It’s 3 nuts and a few plugs I think.

Yeah, I generally like removing stuff in Stern machines because they build them with very easy to remove large components. The entire upper playfield on Black Knight SOR is like three screws and a plug.

#345 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Just wanted to chime in that my inner loop mod came with the 2nd "experimental" thingie. I installed both and I've been registering 100% of my repeated loops so far, very cool! And man, the VUK combo is fantastic, I'm getting ZERO bounce outs now. Crazy that RUSH needs all these things to work perfectly, but it's a killer game so well worth it.

I was thinking the same thing today actually. This is the first Stern machine I have had which takes a boatload of “fixes” to really work as I believe they intended. I mean even Stern has had to provide fixes.

#349 1 year ago
Quoted from Kez11:

Any further info on when the "2nd experimental thingie" is going to be available? That shot not registering is just killing my games!

We’re pretty close on thingie two, but we have some sick team members that need their rest so we will be prioritizing that . We will have an update soon, and bit thank you to all of our testers!

#350 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Any of your products available at Allentown show? Thanks.

We aren’t at the scale where shows make sense. We’ll be there in spirit. You can tell people to go to http://Pinside.NinjaCamp.com and it will redirect to the Pinside store. If this journey continues, someday you may find us at shows .

#352 1 year ago
Quoted from Kez11:

Hope you'll get a chance to respond to Pinside messages soon. Thank you.

So sorry @kez11, I forgot to respond to your message. I will give you a proper response tomorrow.

#358 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Just went on my route to fix Godzilla and noticed rush had the broken/ripped scoop protector as well. I’ll send you a message

Interesting. We’ll absolutely take care of it. The details will be super helpful!

#364 1 year ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I ordered scoop protectors about 10 days ago. No updates after “order accepted”.
Is there a production delay?
Thank you.

Like oliviarium said, we need to batch everything since we only have so many printers. We are still moving as fast as possible, so everyone can get their items asap.

#371 1 year ago

Hey everyone, I have some exciting updates today!

First, we have completed work on the Rush Inner Loop "Assist". We're renaming this because "Corrector" implies that there is one fix. Our testing has taught us that there are a myriad of solutions, but no single fix. Starting today you can purchase the Rush Inner Loop Assist which includes two snap fit parts designed to correct the loop shot. I've had success with each part by itself, and together, and spaced completely differently than recommended. Long story short, these parts will help you to correct that shot but variations in games, pitch, and maybe even the climate, require a little bit of experimentation on your own.

Everyone who purchased the original product will be able to receive a free second part. The second part clips over the metal rail and has a pitch to it (like a race track) that knocks the ball down and keeps it looping really smooth. In my personal experience, the pictured placement works 100% of the time with no application of the second (original) part. Your experience may vary.

To receive your free second part, please send a private message (on Pinside) with the subject "loop assist" to @oliviarium.

Since this is a significant cost for a small business, please be respectful and only request the part if the first solution did not work for you. Also we ask that you make this request before the end of May 2022 such that we can combine shipping with any other outstanding orders you may have.

Second, we have retired the single scoop sleeves as 95% of orders for that product included both sleeves. If you wish to buy scoop sleeves for Rush, you will now be purchasing a set for both scoops.

Third, sleeves and rollovers/switch protectors are now listed in every color. I'm not taking pictures of every color because as many of you know...those sleeves are a bitch to get on and off...but they are amazing once you install them! I put an orange one on my game and I think it looks amazing (pictured).

Fourth, I don't really have a fourth item right now...but PM me if you think of anything .

IMG_0620 (resized).JPEGIMG_0620 (resized).JPEGIMG_0623 (resized).jpegIMG_0623 (resized).jpeg
#375 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Can you post a few pics of yours (with the orange) pulled back to show more of the game? I still want gold/bronze/tan to match the nearby insert trim/art, but since you haven't found any yet I might consider the orange in the meantime, as it could tie in with some of the coppers nearby on/around the drum clock. It doesn't match anything visible in the picture you posted, so I'm hoping a wider view might help it tie in better.
Thanks in advance!

As much as I would like to find an appropriate material in a gold/bronze color I don’t think it is going to happen. I am testing a yellow, but honestly it sticks out more like the green. The orange really did it for me, but like I said I can see a reason for almost all of them which surprised me.

Here are a couple of shots with different lighting.

5B0D4AF4-978F-474B-AF20-A59227D94AFA (resized).jpeg5B0D4AF4-978F-474B-AF20-A59227D94AFA (resized).jpeg6A4892CC-AC32-44E1-9CDD-3392678FEF6E (resized).jpeg6A4892CC-AC32-44E1-9CDD-3392678FEF6E (resized).jpeg97FECFFA-30B8-4B5B-B0EB-4DF443B97195 (resized).jpeg97FECFFA-30B8-4B5B-B0EB-4DF443B97195 (resized).jpegD8B23A92-7972-4D03-BBCB-4E9E0D7F6720 (resized).jpegD8B23A92-7972-4D03-BBCB-4E9E0D7F6720 (resized).jpeg
#378 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Oooh I might've just convinced myself with this crappy photoshop:
[quoted image]
See, ties in nicely with the splashes of red all around. Please throw one on a playfield for some pics for me and I'll likely put in an order, you can ship it with my ESL

I love the photoshop! In real life, the color is a little more muted. It is hard to see just laying on the playfield, but I’ll get a picture for you asap.

It is very interesting because not one of us ever thought about placing color in that location, but here we are. I think that is the main hurdle to get over. We are used to it being metal only.

#380 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

The main hurdle to get over was not having gold available. Bwahaha! Ok I'll stop, looking forward to red pics.

If you can find it, I’ll try to print it .

#397 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

When I first saw the instructions I was a bit disappointed as the wire routing is across the entry to the dead end/VUK. I figured that would make it pretty visible. It isn't really, especially thanks to the loom dressing. There might be enough slack to route it around the VUK wireframe to try and mask it further. If I feel the need I may try that.

The original design had that wire looping behind the VUK cage, but that ended up being more difficult to install I believe. OutpostKodelia is the mastermind behind this one and I am just product placement . That said, I am on the list and super excited for mine! Don’t worry, I am last on the list .

#398 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Got mine installed as well! Pretty damn easy for someone who is not the best at hands-on stuff. It is tilting back a bit - would prefer it sit a bit more flat but can't seem to get it to flex and stay that way.
Functionally this is a gamechanger. Being able to actually see that shot is worth the price of admission alone.
I am not an artist by any means, but the finish isn't quite as clean as I'd hoped. The text is a but muddy and I think my record is actually a printed piece of paper. Now, I may not have noticed that mentioned in my haste to order early, and it's nothing I'll care about in the long run, but just a heads up for anyone contemplating.
All that said, I still think this is one of the best mods available for Rush. I'm 5'8" and could only see the loop lights on my tiptoes. I wish Stern would've thought of this, but quite happy Ninjacamp came to the rescue. Thanks, folks!
[quoted image]

Good feedback. I won’t speak to the filament colors as I felt it looked pretty clear in person, but yes the record is a custom decal I believe.

#407 1 year ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

Put part 2 of the inner loop assist in the other day. I went from 50-60% to 100%….thanks NinjaCamp!
I guess my upper flipper must cause some air or lift balls as the side ramp also clunks/rejects a bit on the switch mount/hardware (I think). Not sure how to correct that (already lowered the flipper power…maybe lower more?). Thinking I may need to add a washer or two to the mount to raise it a bit.

Not to trouble you, but I'm curious. If you remove part 1 does it still work? I'm just using part 2 now and I can rip that thing like a bat out of hell. I haven't seen a miss since I installed it. Also I installed it "wrong" and put mine more towards the front of the loop.

AAC1E06E-4FC3-4AB7-A97A-7F3894296989 (resized).jpegAAC1E06E-4FC3-4AB7-A97A-7F3894296989 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#457 1 year ago
Quoted from spandol:

Great, thanks! Also thanks for sending the updated piece with my ESL sign. Great customer service!

Speaking of customer service, for anyone waiting on my reply in Pinside mail, I intend to knock those out tomorrow evening. I am sorry but the day job has been kind of a night job as well this week.

I appreciate everyone’s patience on any direct messages.

2 weeks later
#467 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I'm having a real difficult getting a hold of you. I paid the invoice you requested on 5/28 for the Rush Scoop Protector and I still haven't received any product or shipment notification. So...I'm trying this. I understand this is a part-time job for you, but every other mod I've ordered for my Rush has been "in" for awhile and I don't want to open the hood twice. Can you give me any info on where the scoop protector is?
Thanks, Steve

I’m so sorry Steve, I’ve had a hell of a few weeks. oliviarium and OutpostKodelia have been coving for me but they can’t see my personal PMs. I hope to get back on track this week. I was cranking out orders today and getting myself back in action.

2 weeks later
#512 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

Make sure the portions going into to scoop hole, are all tucked where they are supposed to be, taking a few clear close up pics.
The side closest to the time machine, you have that properly tucked between the wood and metal of the scoop?

This is an issue others have had. The material is thin and clear so it is easy to install it incorrectly. Also we did have one person who needed to sand some dripped clear out of the hole. The protector should not impact play or switch registration.

2 weeks later
#535 1 year ago

Hey everyone…I am sorry to report that team NinjaCamp has a medical emergency. Our communication and shipping may be delayed.

Thank you for your understanding.

2 weeks later
#610 1 year ago

I shipped out 20 more orders today with a handful almost completed. Like OutpostKodelia said, I really appreciate the support from everyone.

I stupidly decided to change jobs right before this pinball modding explosion and it has been nearly impossible for me to get to the speed that OutpostKodelia and oliviarium can hit!

1 week later
#643 1 year ago

Hey everyone, I decided to drop an old design I did for Rick and Morty. I had everything finished, but never got around to posting it. Basically the ship has a "plastic spring" which is prone to cracking or breaking. I redesigned the entire mechanism and came up with something clean which should never break. Like my other Rick and Morty mods, I'm happy to sell you a printed version (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/07113-rick-and-morty-ship-dangler) but I also decided to put the 3d printed models out there for anyone who is interested in trying to make this for themselves. (https://www.printables.com/model/262529-rick-and-morty-ship-dangler).

It is important to note that this mod slightly changes the aesthetic of the area by removing the large clear plastic used as a spring. Also it requires you to remove some hot glue which was applied at the factory. It is relatively simple, but you might want to check the instructions (http://instructions.ninjacamp.com/) before purchasing.

IMG_0563 (resized).jpegIMG_0563 (resized).jpegsideExplanation (resized).pngsideExplanation (resized).png
#648 1 year ago

LOL! Thanks everyone...back to Rush...until the next game .

1 week later
#654 1 year ago

Yeah, I saw that... I have that and a few other changes to make, plus putting together instructions for the speaker light kit... I'll be working on all of that in the coming days.

I saw it too and I say it is a bonus for anyone who reads the instructions all the way through before installation (like you are supposed to do)

2 weeks later
#699 1 year ago

Instructions are done, I'm just waiting to get them posted to the NinjaCamp instructions page. If you need them immediately, PM me with your email address and I'll send you a copy directly.

I’ll have them up on our page tomorrow…my life has also been “well”. I always wanted to have a successful pinball business, I just didn’t expect it to happen at the same time as my regular life being crazy! If only we could 3D print money .

3 months later
#841 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotman:

The Rush scoop protector is a good mod, but not perfect... With the help of a large washer, I still can’t get the protector to lay flat. What's worse is I tried for nearly two months (Aniraf - since November 16th) to get a replacement, but all I got was the run around. Thanks Aniraf!
[quoted image]

Sorry for the delay. As mentioned in our PM exchange you were not the original purchaser, so I needed an address. Also as explained, I have been really busy. I apologize for the delay and we will still cover the protector. Once I get your color choice, I will get it out asap!!

#844 1 year ago

OutpostKodelia do we happen to have instructions for the Rush spinner exit installation? Chadvband was looking for them and I don't recall us making any.

1 week later
#890 1 year ago

Can you believe how lucky I am to have paired up with @outpostkodelia? With my new job, NinjaCamp would have been dead in the water!

1 week later
#932 1 year ago

Fun shipping stats this month!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#936 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

My granddaughter loves ninja lights and rush

This is amazing! Thank you for sharing.

10 months later
#1131 4 months ago

Sorry, I have been backed up this week with the day job . I’ll catch up this weekend and get everything sorted out.

3 months later
#1152 19 days ago

For all of the fans and customers of NinjaCamp: I'm working through each order and message. My mission is simple, give OutpostKodelia some breathing room and time to recover. Give me about three days (from this post) to respond to everything. If for some reason you don't hear from me, email [email protected].

I also think this is a good time to explain the business a bit…

About four years ago I started to combine my passion for engineering with pinball. It started with the "Rick and Morty X-Spacer" which was a simplistic fix for a problem with R&M. (I won't go into the details, but you can look up the history in the R&M club if you're interested.)

I went from offering a free 3d print design by into running a small print farm almost overnight. I was absolutely loving the fact that I could solve pinball problems in simple ways and provide value to this hobby! I had had some moderate success creating fixes for R&M, then Rush was released.

Unfortunately my ideas for Rush were bigger than my CAD skills. I knew we could do things differently and solve problems with non-commercial hardware but I had limitations in my skill. At that time I started talking to another local pinball enthusiast (@outpostkodelia). We realized that we had a similar passion and thus the partnership was born.

Roughly one year after we partnered, I changed my full-time gig. Although the new job has rewards, the time investment is unparalleled. Eventually I completely stopped designing, manufacturing and competing in pinball. Despite my situation, I did not want to impact the growing business because I knew OutpostKodelia had so much to offer.

So I stepped into a semi-silent role and really just focus on the book keeping, where as OutpostKodelia and her significant other have done an absolutely amazing job of expanding the product line and continuing to deliver incredible stuff.

So…what is the point?? I’m explaining this because I want everyone to understand why the Aniraf mentions and PMs can go unanswered at times. I spend as much time as possible focusing on the questions, comments, and support but a lot of the time I actually don’t know. That is why you might see me say “let me check with the team” or something to that effect.

Unfortunately my involvement isn’t going to change anytime soon, but in times where my partner and friend needs a hand I’m going to dive in completely. So like I said above…expect a follow up from me soon and I’ll get you sorted. I may not be able to answer every question, but I can ensure that you’re aware of our current status.

Thanks for the support!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 13,500.00
$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aniraf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ninjacamp-mods?tu=aniraf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.