PXL_20230615_213012281 (resized).jpg
16868472117342296101486555053423 (resized).jpg
16868464900856775119706721526606 (resized).jpg
16868462388575157472113307038242 (resized).jpg
16868459723501322809520064238289 (resized).jpg
IMG_2927 (resized).JPG
16868456225046877711529820994187 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

There are 1,143 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 23.
#351 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

We’re pretty close on thingie two, but we have some sick team members that need their rest so we will be prioritizing that . We will have an update soon, and bit thank you to all of our testers!

Hope you'll get a chance to respond to Pinside messages soon. Thank you.

#352 1 year ago
Quoted from Kez11:

Hope you'll get a chance to respond to Pinside messages soon. Thank you.

So sorry @kez11, I forgot to respond to your message. I will give you a proper response tomorrow.

#353 1 year ago
Quoted from Fredouil:

Yep, I have had the same prob, I did this and now works 100%. Cut here, see the picture

I have been meaning to reply to this one... The DBV is definitely meant to be a snug fit, but it should go right in without interfering with the ball. If yours isn't fitting, check for any wood burrs or dripped clearcoat on the hole walls or on the underside of the playfield around the hole and, if you find some, carefully remove it with a hobby knife. Check the inner and outer walls of the DBV itself for any TPU irregularities, as well as anything that doesn't look right along the upper and lower lip of the DBV. To test it, you can set it on the table and make sure it slips freely around a pinball. We do our best to QC these so they go out clean, but it's always possible we missed something. Again, if you find anything out of place, just trim it off with a hobby knife or flush cutters. Worst case, you can do the mod shown here (though I would only remove about 1mm of the rear DBV wall instead of that whole section) but you will lose some of the edge protection. If you're having problems, don't hesitate to send us some pics of the DBV and your VUK opening from different angles so we can see if something looks wrong.

#354 1 year ago

Had my first "problem" with the DBV last night. During a MB I got two up into the VUK. Without the DBV I believe what used to happen was one ball would be pushed back and occupying the area where the DBV and its backstop are and the other would be in the VUK itself. VUK would kick the first out, 2nd would fall in, then 2nd would get kicked out. With two wedged in on the DBV I don't remember if it worked itself out and one rolled back out to the playfield, or if a ball search occurred and then one rolled out to the playfield. Whatever it was the ball that went into the VUK lane first did then get kicked up.

Now to contrast this I haven't had any rejects yet since installing the DBV. As it is I'm willing to accept this possible problem during a MB (which really can be sort of helpful to have a pause of two in the VUK where you can better manage the other balls on the playfield) or I may consider taking out the backstop. No regrets on my purchase!

#355 1 year ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

I have been meaning to reply to this one... The DBV is definitely meant to be a snug fit, but it should go right in without interfering with the ball. If yours isn't fitting, check for any wood burrs or dripped clearcoat on the hole walls or on the underside of the playfield around the hole and, if you find some, carefully remove it with a hobby knife. Check the inner and outer walls of the DBV itself for any TPU irregularities, as well as anything that doesn't look right along the upper and lower lip of the DBV. To test it, you can set it on the table and make sure it slips freely around a pinball. We do our best to QC these so they go out clean, but it's always possible we missed something. Again, if you find anything out of place, just trim it off with a hobby knife or flush cutters. Worst case, you can do the mod shown here (though I would only remove about 1mm of the rear DBV wall instead of that whole section) but you will lose some of the edge protection. If you're having problems, don't hesitate to send us some pics of the DBV and your VUK opening from different angles so we can see if something looks wrong.

Mine needed some burrs removed under the lips, and I did end up cutting the rear seam (about 1 mm) from the rear DBV wall. Fits and works great now.

#356 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:Hey everyone, we wanted to let you know that a customer experienced a failure with one of our Rush TPU scoop protectors. The cool thing is that this failure did not impede the protector’s ability to protect or play the machine (woo!), but it was a failure, nonetheless. The product was able to rip near the thin portion which connects the front and back scoop.
Although we believe this came from a defect during printing, we’ve gone “full engineer“ to ensure that it can never happen again. With that, our amazing design team at OutpostKodelia has slightly redesigned the protector by adding additional reinforcement which will further anchors it near the affected area. Furthermore, during the engineering sessions we believe we eliminated the possibility of the metal scoop portion causing friction against the protector during the repeated ball ejects. We believe the tolerances on the scoop, hole, and the placement of the ejection mechanism could be such that it just makes sense for us to take extra steps as these newer machines keep rolling out.
Currently, there is no reason to replace any of the existing Rush TPU scoop protectors. We can address any issues which arise on the fly just like we’re doing for this customer. Additionally, we are continuing to test our existing solution at two local locations. This post was simply because we want to be transparent as we’re learning to improve the product.
Going forward all protectors will include these changes. Some have already shipped! Be sure to check the updated instructions at http://instructions.ninjacamp.com.
We encourage you to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns.

Just went on my route to fix Godzilla and noticed rush had the broken/ripped scoop protector as well. I’ll send you a message

#357 1 year ago

Thanks for your explanation and don’t worried I don’t regret my purchase even if they needs some adjustments, and don’t worried it protect as well as with the full protection.

#358 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Just went on my route to fix Godzilla and noticed rush had the broken/ripped scoop protector as well. I’ll send you a message

Interesting. We’ll absolutely take care of it. The details will be super helpful!

#359 1 year ago

I ordered scoop protectors about 10 days ago. No updates after “order accepted”.
Is there a production delay?

Thank you.

#360 1 year ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I ordered scoop protectors about 10 days ago. No updates after “order accepted”.
Thank you.

I think they are slammed with orders. You should hear something soon!

#361 1 year ago

Also, they've been out at a show this past weekend, and then subsequently out with illness. Hopefully you'll hear something soon!

#362 1 year ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Thank you.

Most open orders will be shipping today.

So -- as it stands now -- we typically ship on Tuesdays and Fridays. Last week's Friday and this week's Tuesday didn't happen due to Zapcon 8.2, which we have a significant role in.

A shipment is going out today, many of you have received ship notices. That means your items are boxed, have a shipping label on them, and are going to the post office today

There are a few open orders that still could be included in today's run, and if they are not, will be in the Tuesday shipment.

We'll be back to Tue/Fri next week...might even have some Exit...Stage Left production news next week also.

#363 1 year ago

Thank you for the quick reply. I receive my “shipped” notice today.

#364 1 year ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Thank you.

Like oliviarium said, we need to batch everything since we only have so many printers. We are still moving as fast as possible, so everyone can get their items asap.

#365 1 year ago

any one have the install instructions for scoop? thanks

#366 1 year ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

any one have the install instructions for scoop? thanks

All instructions can be found here: http://mjf.me/pinball/Instructions.html

#367 1 year ago

Hello everyone! Time for a quick ESL update!! We are starting to complete ESLs, and full payment requests will be going out soon. If you receive a full payment request, that means your "Exit... Stage Left" and its wire harness have completed testing and are ready to ship! We'll be shipping twice a week, with the first ESL shipment going out this Friday, May 13th, so try to pay promptly to ensure you get yours as soon as possible (it won't ship until full payment has been received).

We anticipate that most, if not all, payment requests will go out by the end of next week (Friday, May 20th), but various factors may cause that to slip into the following week.

We're also thinking that we'll open up another batch for preordering, likely 40 or so, on Friday, May 20th. We may extend this date out further, but we won't make it sooner. Creating these wire harnesses is tedious work and we have to pace ourselves, not to mention we have to keep some printer time open for our other products... it's a lot to juggle! Anywho, as stated on the product page, there will be a price increase over the first preorder price, but it won't increase all the way to its final price point just yet -- more details on this as we get closer.

Enjoy some pics of our testing process and a boxed ESL! Yes, every single wire in every wire harness is tested, as are the ESLs, using a simple little Arduino based test rig. And don't worry, the ESL will ship in bubble wrap, but we're still waiting for it to arrive.

Well, back to the business factory... these ESLs aren't going to make themselves! TTFN!!

ESL Boxed (resized).jpgESL Boxed (resized).jpgESL_testing (resized).jpgESL_testing (resized).jpg
#368 1 year ago

My protector arrived yesterday. Thank you Ninja.

#369 1 year ago

...Creating these wire harnesses is tedious work and we have to pace ourselves...

If I were closer I'd offer to help with building the wiring harnesses... it can be sort of therapeutic zen-like work at times. At least until your hands get tired from all the stripping and crimping. Like the look of the finished product and can't wait for mine!

#370 1 year ago

Installed my scoop covers tonight at the same time I installed the switch replacement for the prem/LE models. Figured I'd take the time to drop out both scoops and replace while able to easily manipulate in my hands. I also had the protectors soaking in some hot water for a bit to soften them up, and I ran a deburring tool along the edges of the scoops to take any edge off and help prolong the life of the protectors. (the deburring was probably unnecessary, but something I wanted to try.) They went on without much issue. Then I tried to reinstall the scoops. When I got to the side scoop that was no issue, but with the Ninjacamp TPU scoop playfield protector in place that lower scoop was tough. I wound out having to reposition the playfield protector after install. Still, not bad and the ease in which these scoops come out (5 connectors to unplug and 9 or 10 screws) I think it is worth it for ease of install and no soap/water on the playfield.

Playing with them in place... no real differences detected with the side scoop. Sometimes a kick out from the side would go a bit lower than usual but I believe that would sometimes also happen prior. The lower scoop, it seems the shot is a bit harder to hit now. Probably due to the ever so slightly reduced space for the ball to get in to the scoop. Don't feel it is a problem tho, I still feel that having the Ninjacamp TPU playfield scoop protector instead of the Stern v3 unit I've already got a much better setup.

Haven't tried the inner loop fixes yet. At the moment my loop seems to be working pretty well so I don't want to touch it. If I want to tinker with it I do though already have the Ninjacamp mod and the M&M magnetic switch in my arsenal ready to go!

#371 1 year ago

Hey everyone, I have some exciting updates today!

First, we have completed work on the Rush Inner Loop "Assist". We're renaming this because "Corrector" implies that there is one fix. Our testing has taught us that there are a myriad of solutions, but no single fix. Starting today you can purchase the Rush Inner Loop Assist which includes two snap fit parts designed to correct the loop shot. I've had success with each part by itself, and together, and spaced completely differently than recommended. Long story short, these parts will help you to correct that shot but variations in games, pitch, and maybe even the climate, require a little bit of experimentation on your own.

Everyone who purchased the original product will be able to receive a free second part. The second part clips over the metal rail and has a pitch to it (like a race track) that knocks the ball down and keeps it looping really smooth. In my personal experience, the pictured placement works 100% of the time with no application of the second (original) part. Your experience may vary.

To receive your free second part, please send a private message (on Pinside) with the subject "loop assist" to @oliviarium.

Since this is a significant cost for a small business, please be respectful and only request the part if the first solution did not work for you. Also we ask that you make this request before the end of May 2022 such that we can combine shipping with any other outstanding orders you may have.

Second, we have retired the single scoop sleeves as 95% of orders for that product included both sleeves. If you wish to buy scoop sleeves for Rush, you will now be purchasing a set for both scoops.

Third, sleeves and rollovers/switch protectors are now listed in every color. I'm not taking pictures of every color because as many of you know...those sleeves are a bitch to get on and off...but they are amazing once you install them! I put an orange one on my game and I think it looks amazing (pictured).

Fourth, I don't really have a fourth item right now...but PM me if you think of anything .

IMG_0620 (resized).JPEGIMG_0620 (resized).JPEGIMG_0623 (resized).jpegIMG_0623 (resized).jpeg
#372 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I put an orange one on my game and I think it looks amazing (pictured).

Can you post a few pics of yours (with the orange) pulled back to show more of the game? I still want gold/bronze/tan to match the nearby insert trim/art, but since you haven't found any yet I might consider the orange in the meantime, as it could tie in with some of the coppers nearby on/around the drum clock. It doesn't match anything visible in the picture you posted, so I'm hoping a wider view might help it tie in better.

Thanks in advance!

#373 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Can you post a few pics of yours (with the orange) pulled back to show more of the game? I still want gold/bronze/tan to match the nearby insert trim/art, but since you haven't found any yet I might consider the orange in the meantime, as it could tie in with some of the coppers nearby on/around the drum clock. It doesn't match anything visible in the picture you posted, so I'm hoping a wider view might help it tie in better.
Thanks in advance!

hehehe

Still on the crusade, huh?

I'll buy you the black if you'll install it.

#374 1 year ago
Quoted from Kez11:

hehehe
Still on the crusade, huh?
I'll buy you the black if you'll install it.

haha, I can't help it, it's the artistic side fighting its way out!

Anyway, dammit TPU manufacturers why don't you make the right color we need??? /rant

#375 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Thanks in advance!

As much as I would like to find an appropriate material in a gold/bronze color I don’t think it is going to happen. I am testing a yellow, but honestly it sticks out more like the green. The orange really did it for me, but like I said I can see a reason for almost all of them which surprised me.

Here are a couple of shots with different lighting.

5B0D4AF4-978F-474B-AF20-A59227D94AFA (resized).jpeg5B0D4AF4-978F-474B-AF20-A59227D94AFA (resized).jpeg6A4892CC-AC32-44E1-9CDD-3392678FEF6E (resized).jpeg6A4892CC-AC32-44E1-9CDD-3392678FEF6E (resized).jpeg97FECFFA-30B8-4B5B-B0EB-4DF443B97195 (resized).jpeg97FECFFA-30B8-4B5B-B0EB-4DF443B97195 (resized).jpegD8B23A92-7972-4D03-BBCB-4E9E0D7F6720 (resized).jpegD8B23A92-7972-4D03-BBCB-4E9E0D7F6720 (resized).jpeg
#376 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

As much as I would like to find an appropriate material in a gold/bronze color I don’t think it is going to happen. I am testing a yellow, but honestly it sticks out more like the green. The orange really did it for me, but like I said I can see a reason for almost all of them which surprised me.
Here are a couple of shots with different lighting. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I appreciate the pics. I see how the orange ties in a little bit more with the art, now that the view is wider ... but it still stands out too much IMO since there's no other orange trim anywhere. But that gets me thinking about red. I have red rubbers on my flippers, and of course the several red flasher covers, my Red Barchetta, my red hydrant with the dalmatian, and the red RUSH targets/inserts -- maybe red is where I need to be, to continue with the accent/trim color. Can you post a few pics with a red installed (if you have any) or at least lay one on there close by?

Pic of mine below, note the splashes of red all around. I think we might be onto something if I can see it in red.

20220507_212420 (resized).jpg20220507_212420 (resized).jpg
#377 1 year ago

Oooh I might've just convinced myself with this crappy photoshop:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

See, ties in nicely with the splashes of red all around. Please throw one on a playfield for some pics for me and I'll likely put in an order, you can ship it with my ESL

#378 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Oooh I might've just convinced myself with this crappy photoshop:
[quoted image]
See, ties in nicely with the splashes of red all around. Please throw one on a playfield for some pics for me and I'll likely put in an order, you can ship it with my ESL

I love the photoshop! In real life, the color is a little more muted. It is hard to see just laying on the playfield, but I’ll get a picture for you asap.

It is very interesting because not one of us ever thought about placing color in that location, but here we are. I think that is the main hurdle to get over. We are used to it being metal only.

#379 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

It is very interesting because not one of us ever thought about placing color in that location, but here we are. I think that is the main hurdle to get over. We are used to it being metal only.

The main hurdle to get over was not having gold available. Bwahaha! Ok I'll stop, looking forward to red pics.

#380 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

The main hurdle to get over was not having gold available. Bwahaha! Ok I'll stop, looking forward to red pics.

If you can find it, I’ll try to print it .

#381 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

If you can find it, I’ll try to print it .

I've looked around a little too so I could say "here try this one!" I did find one but it was more of a bright yellow/orange gold, not a paler one like this needs. Hopefully the red will work in the interim until we find one someday.

#382 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I've looked around a little too so I could say "here try this one!" I did find one but it was more of a bright yellow/orange gold, not a paler one like this needs. Hopefully the red will work in the interim until we find one someday.

Okay so... I've been looking for a while now, and anything that isn't that awful yellow gold color seems to be discontinued. However, we did find ONE possibility. The color looks perfect, but the key spec regarding shore hardness is unavailable. However, based on other elasticity and temp specs, it may be too soft to make an effective scoop protector. Since the manufacturer is kinda no-name and won't provide that spec (we asked, they responded, but they aren't giving that detail out), there's really only one way to find out. It's pretty expensive, but we took the plunge, ordered a spool for evaluation, and we'll see what we get. NO PROMISES here, but know that we're giving it our best to deliver on the request because we get it... an antique gold would look fantastic. It should arrive within a week, so stay tuned!

#383 1 year ago

The first batch of Exit...Stage Left mods (9) go to the post office today! We've sent out a payment notice for the 10th, and as soon as we can crank out some more wiring harnesses, more payment notices will follow. The next 20 or so are just awaiting harnesses, which we will be working out a new process for today in an attempt to speed that process up.

We anticipate installation instructions will be posted prior to delivery of this first batch, and we anticipate additional payment notices going out this weekend. We'd love to see some photos of your install when complete! And as always, reach out to us if you encounter any difficulties.

We'll keep you all posted here on this as well as any changes to the date we'll reopen ordering on this item.

Some of the requests for updated loop adjuster parts will ship today as well. Others will ship next week.

#384 1 year ago

We promise, we're working hard to get these out! Kody (the cat) is supervising, so you know it's getting done right.

75CFD89E-95AE-46BB-8F0A-2E0F772DD6D6 (resized).jpeg75CFD89E-95AE-46BB-8F0A-2E0F772DD6D6 (resized).jpeg
#385 1 year ago

Okay so... I've been looking for a while now, and anything that isn't that awful yellow gold color seems to be discontinued. However, we did find ONE possibility. The color looks perfect, but the key spec regarding shore hardness is unavailable. However, based on other elasticity and temp specs, it may be too soft to make an effective scoop protector. Since the manufacturer is kinda no-name and won't provide that spec (we asked, they responded, but they aren't giving that detail out), there's really only one way to find out. It's pretty expensive, but we took the plunge, ordered a spool for evaluation, and we'll see what we get. NO PROMISES here, but know that we're giving it our best to deliver on the request because we get it... an antique gold would look fantastic. It should arrive within a week, so stay tuned!

AWESOME! I appreciate the effort very much. Trust me, I understand the risk of buying one that might not work out -- I do it all the time to help out customers too and have several weird PLA colors I probably wouldn't have purchased otherwise -- because a) if it works out, GREAT, you'll make up the cost over time, or b) if it doesn't work out for this mod, there might be other uses down the road, or c) if it turns out to be junk material sometimes you can get your money back, or if not, chalk it up to R&D. Fingers crossed for this one, with red as a backup plan.

#386 1 year ago

10 more pre-order payment requests just went out, with more to come this weekend

#387 1 year ago
Quoted from oliviarium:

10 more pre-order payment requests just went out, with more to come this weekend

If any of those fall through, you got an automatic sale with me

I’ll be looking for the next opening for the ESL mod.

#388 1 year ago

You know a mod’s good when you ask yourself ‘should I buy now even though I don’t own the game?’…guess that makes the game pretty good too!

#389 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

If any of those fall through, you got an automatic sale with me
I’ll be looking for the next opening for the ESL mod.

If we keep making the level of progress we made today, that opening will be Friday, May 20th

#390 1 year ago
Quoted from jalkelly:

You know a mod’s good when you ask yourself ‘should I buy now even though I don’t own the game?’…guess that makes the game pretty good too!

i ordered mine before i owned the game.. But i have it now

#391 1 year ago

For those of you who are like me and want to read the instructions multiple times before you ever start the installation, instructions for the ESL mod are up!

http://mjf.me/pinball/Instructions.html

#392 1 year ago

As of Sunday, just over 1/2 of the payment requests for ESL pre-orders have been sent out. As a reminder, we are sending those out only when the ESL is in a box and ready to go. We expect several more to go out today. We'll keep you posted on this and the upcoming reopening of ordering on these.

#393 1 year ago

Just got my E...SL mod installed, looks great! I was surprised with just how far "back" I wanted it adjusted, but you guys definitely allowed for personal preference!

One tip I've got for when feeding the harness through the playfield, do so to the left of all the wires already heading up there. Since those go in to the time machine on the right they will "cross" through the opening. While from under the playfield it appeared I had more space to the right of the existing wires I just couldn't make that work. When I pushed those wires all the way to the right under the playfield and then worked the harness up the left I had no issue.

Thanks again guys!

#394 1 year ago

Got mine, too. What he said is accurate. Such a great addition! Thanks again, NinjaCamp!

20220516_170510 (resized).jpg20220516_170510 (resized).jpg
#395 1 year ago

When I first saw the instructions I was a bit disappointed as the wire routing is across the entry to the dead end/VUK. I figured that would make it pretty visible. It isn't really, especially thanks to the loom dressing. There might be enough slack to route it around the VUK wireframe to try and mask it further. If I feel the need I may try that.

#396 1 year ago

Got mine installed as well! Pretty damn easy for someone who is not the best at hands-on stuff. It is tilting back a bit - would prefer it sit a bit more flat but can't seem to get it to flex and stay that way.

Functionally this is a gamechanger. Being able to actually see that shot is worth the price of admission alone.

I am not an artist by any means, but the finish isn't quite as clean as I'd hoped. The text is a but muddy and I think my record is actually a printed piece of paper. Now, I may not have noticed that mentioned in my haste to order early, and it's nothing I'll care about in the long run, but just a heads up for anyone contemplating.

All that said, I still think this is one of the best mods available for Rush. I'm 5'8" and could only see the loop lights on my tiptoes. I wish Stern would've thought of this, but quite happy Ninjacamp came to the rescue. Thanks, folks!

20220516_180648 (resized).jpg20220516_180648 (resized).jpg
#397 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

When I first saw the instructions I was a bit disappointed as the wire routing is across the entry to the dead end/VUK. I figured that would make it pretty visible. It isn't really, especially thanks to the loom dressing. There might be enough slack to route it around the VUK wireframe to try and mask it further. If I feel the need I may try that.

The original design had that wire looping behind the VUK cage, but that ended up being more difficult to install I believe. OutpostKodelia is the mastermind behind this one and I am just product placement . That said, I am on the list and super excited for mine! Don’t worry, I am last on the list .

#398 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Got mine installed as well! Pretty damn easy for someone who is not the best at hands-on stuff. It is tilting back a bit - would prefer it sit a bit more flat but can't seem to get it to flex and stay that way.
Functionally this is a gamechanger. Being able to actually see that shot is worth the price of admission alone.
I am not an artist by any means, but the finish isn't quite as clean as I'd hoped. The text is a but muddy and I think my record is actually a printed piece of paper. Now, I may not have noticed that mentioned in my haste to order early, and it's nothing I'll care about in the long run, but just a heads up for anyone contemplating.
All that said, I still think this is one of the best mods available for Rush. I'm 5'8" and could only see the loop lights on my tiptoes. I wish Stern would've thought of this, but quite happy Ninjacamp came to the rescue. Thanks, folks!
[quoted image]

Good feedback. I won’t speak to the filament colors as I felt it looked pretty clear in person, but yes the record is a custom decal I believe.

#399 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

My original plan was to have it route behind the VUK guide, but I felt it didn't settle down anywhere very well and would have to be zip tied to the VUK, at least. I, too, thought it would show too badly the other way. But like you said, I don't even notice it unless I'm looking for it, and you could say that about several other factory wires, so I felt like it was an acceptable compromise. That said, the wire harness should be long enough to go behind the VUK if that's what you want to do (I originally cut it to that length, and I went forward with that same longer length, just in case this became a concern for anyone).

#400 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I'm glad you're happy, overall! Some comments on your feedback...

First, I originally had it straight up and down (90 degrees) if that's what you mean by "flat". I felt it looked funny that way, more harsh and out of place, so I tilted it back 10 degrees, and I felt it looked a lot better. If you want it more straight up and down, you could try dropping an extra washer between the rubber and the game plastic on each screw. That would tilt it forward a bit.

As to the text appearance, it was important to me that it a) had the same color and metallic look as the other gold artwork on the ESL, and b) had some depth to it. To achieve this, the same gold material was directly 3D printed onto the purple body using a mid-print color change. 3D printed text, when done at this small of a size, is always a bit challenging so I had to balance design with finish and find the best compromise. It was my feeling that the outcome looked quite good when viewed from player position, but yes, it will suffer (as will most 3D prints) when scrutinized up close.

Finally, the record is a computer cut vinyl decal based on a scan of a record on the playfield. It is a matte vinyl paper so as to have better ink adhesion, which may give it more of a plain paper look, but it is durable vinyl (I tried tearing one tonight and I couldn't do it) and is well adhered to the ESL.

Anyways, we hope you enjoy it as long as you own your game. Having had it on our game for a month or so now, I know I wouldn't ever go back to not having it, and it sounds like you agree. Thank you for your feedback!

-Kaydee

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods
Other
9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Algonquin, IL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.
Toppers
11,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor
Toys/Add-ons
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 430.00
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,143 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ninjacamp-mods/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.