PXL_20230615_213012281 (resized).jpg
16868472117342296101486555053423 (resized).jpg
16868464900856775119706721526606 (resized).jpg
16868462388575157472113307038242 (resized).jpg
16868459723501322809520064238289 (resized).jpg
IMG_2927 (resized).JPG
16868456225046877711529820994187 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 1,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 24.
#201 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

put me on the list please, that is if there is one lol

No list as of yet. When we open for preorder we have no plans to set a cap (aside from time for the preorder window to close), so everyone that wants one can get one.

#202 2 years ago

Now a creative word or phrase for right there would be pretty awesome.

Can you fit ‘Passage to Bangkok’ or ‘Train to Bangkok’ on there? My tolerance to pay just went up!

#203 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Hey everyone, we wanted to let you know that a customer experienced a failure with one of our Rush TPU scoop protectors...

The v1 that I've got on my personal machine and one that is installed in a local arcade (open Thur-Sun, game set for $ play) are holding up very well. If anything comes up we'll reach out but not seeing anything yet. It might help that on mine there were existing washers installed already above the stock scoops. I am planning on some of the 3/4" flare washers (Lexan/PET-G) that others have recommended tho. I'm really thinking this material may be the future of scoop or other playfield part protection, be it molded or 3D printed.

#204 2 years ago

"stage left " would fit on there quite nicely

#205 2 years ago
Quoted from ian866:

"stage left " would fit on there quite nicely

I like that. Putting the whole album title would fit and not be in your face in smaller type. "Exit, Stage Left"

#206 2 years ago

(EDIT: corrected comma to ellipsis.) This is why I love the Internet. "Exit... Stage Left" works on more than one level. Huge improvement, I love it!

Exit, Stage Left (resized).PNGExit, Stage Left (resized).PNG
#207 2 years ago
Take My Money.jpgTake My Money.jpg
#208 2 years ago

I’m IN !!
Also of note my V1 scoop protector is looking as good as new !!! Just sayin’

#209 2 years ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

(EDIT: corrected comma to ellipsis.) This is why I love the Internet. "Exit... Stage Left" works on more than one level. Huge improvement, I love it!
[quoted image]

Should we argue that this is technically stage right?

...and there goes your love for the internet. haha

#210 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

But are we not the players?

#211 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

One could argue that you're the player, not the audience, so it is, indeed, stage left.

#213 2 years ago

Does that get me a free mod?

Side note, curious how the wiring harness for the mod works. Do you have a pass-through design or a splitter that goes in line? Since I see in the demo shots both the mod and playfield are lit.

#214 2 years ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Side note, curious how the wiring harness for the mod works. Do you have a pass-through design or a splitter that goes in line? Since I see in the demo shots both the mod and playfield are lit.

The factory plug comes off the factory board and goes on to one of my custom boards. That board then duplicates the signal out to two sets of wires, one back to the factory board, the other up through the playfield to plug into my custom display PCB. So I guess it's more of a splitter, but with a small PCB that can be zip tied to the factory wire harness for stay-put-ness.

#215 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Technically, the ball exits the loop stage left

#216 2 years ago
Quoted from ian866:

Technically, the ball exits the loop stage left

I'd buy that for a dollar!

#217 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

I'd buy that for a dollar!

Sold !!

#218 2 years ago

OutpostKodelia Aniraf I just wanted to give you a shoutout for putting together some really thoughtful mods. Every single one of your mods makes a FUNCTIONAL improvement to the game. It is tiring seeing mod makers in the never-ending race to push out cosmetic 3D printed mods that add nothing at all to gameplay.

I really look forward to seeing what else you have in store, for Rush and other titles.

p.s. installed my Ninjacamp double scoop protector last night and it is working great so far. My factory LE protectors were trashed.

#219 2 years ago

So what say you? Do you like what you see? Who wants one?

This is absolutely needed, and the design looks great! I hate when I’m playing Villa Strangiato and it looks like nothing’s lit - I have to remember that’s it the inner loop shot. Bravo!

#220 2 years ago

I’m definitely game for the Exit Stage Left mod, it has nice appeal and functionality.

#221 2 years ago

I’m in. Predict you’ll sell a shit ton of these. I was already trying to figure out how to mount a mirror or something to see these lights. Would be cheaper, but not nearly as cool.

#222 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I just wanted to give you a shoutout for putting together some really thoughtful mods. Every single one of your mods makes a FUNCTIONAL improvement to the game.

We LOVE to hear that! We're not sure where this journey will ultimately lead us, but if "thoughtful" is how our work is seen, then it's all worth it! Thank you!

#223 2 years ago

Received my inner loop guide today - sadly it didn’t work for me. Took off the felt (which was working 100% of the time) and Installed the guide and had 0 registered for 9 shots. Put the felt back on and took off the guide and was back at 100%. Put the guide back in along with the felt and was also at 100%. Oh well, It’s an air factor I think - not a right side lean. Ball just goes so fast it must go over the target a tad too much. Would love to get a plastic lane cover like another member made for his - that would fix the issue I am having.

#224 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Received my inner loop guide today - sadly it didn’t work for me. Took off the felt (which was working 100% of the time) and Installed the guide and had 0 registered for 9 shots. Put the felt back on and took off the guide and was back at 100%. Put the guide back in along with the felt and was also at 100%. Oh well, It’s an air factor I think - not a right side lean. Ball just goes so fast it must go over the target a tad too much. Would love to get a plastic lane cover like another member made for his - that would fix the issue I am having.

That's interesting, as we tested on multiple machines and had excellent results. I suspect there are multiple factors at play as to why this shot doesn't register.

Do you have a photo or description of that plastic lane cover? I'd like to make sure we can find a solution that works for your machine.

#225 2 years ago

Thank you! You don’t know unless you try, so no regrets with the guide. Fellow member schudel5 made this cover and said it works great. I’d be more than happy to buy one from you if you make can something similar.

5E8E524E-FC5E-4C0B-8C61-12340FA840ED (resized).jpeg5E8E524E-FC5E-4C0B-8C61-12340FA840ED (resized).jpeg
#226 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

OutpostKodelia Aniraf I just wanted to give you a shoutout for putting together some really thoughtful mods. Every single one of your mods makes a FUNCTIONAL improvement to the game. It is tiring seeing mod makers in the never-ending race to push out cosmetic 3D printed mods that add nothing at all to gameplay.
I really look forward to seeing what else you have in store, for Rush and other titles.
p.s. installed my Ninjacamp double scoop protector last night and it is working great so far. My factory LE protectors were trashed.

I really appreciate this! Also how insanely lucky am I that I live near another talented mod maker and we can join forces on this stuff? OutpostKodelia and oliviarium are the real deal! These two have actually built custom pins!!

#227 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I'm with OutpostKodelia on this in that we did test the hell out of it, but there are SO MANY factors in pinball. It is a bit exhausting to try and create perfect solutions. That said, if you happen to have the ability to take some slo-mo video I would love to see it! In our testing it almost always pushed the ball right over that switch regardless of the speed and height. I wonder if your machine has different enough geometry or flipper power that it can still get by and fail to register.

Also I'm happy to do a return if you wish. I'd rather have someone who is pleased with what they bought than lamenting the waste of money . As you can all tell, that isn't our game here. We love pinball too much to try and make a quick score.

#228 2 years ago

I'm in...

#229 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I'm with OutpostKodelia on this in that we did test the hell out of it, but there are SO MANY factors in pinball. It is a bit exhausting to try and create perfect solutions. That said, if you happen to have the ability to take some slo-mo video I would love to see it! In our testing it almost always pushed the ball right over that switch regardless of the speed and height. I wonder if your machine has different enough geometry or flipper power that it can still get by and fail to register.
Also I'm happy to do a return if you wish. I'd rather have someone who is pleased with what they bought than lamenting the waste of money . As you can all tell, that isn't our game here. We love pinball too much to try and make a quick score.

As I said, you don’t know unless you try. I have no regrets buying it whatsoever. $20 into a 12k machine is nothing and it ruled out one of the possible issues. I can try to take a slow mo video with my iPhone when I have a buddy over and see if I can capture the path it’s taking. my best guess is that the felt pad is keeping the ball lower so it hits the switch 100%. If you say the ball leans right and this guide keeps it centered than it is more assuring having both (just like you stated in your add). I have no intentions on returning it as I appreciate what you guys are doing.

#230 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

As I said, you don’t know unless you try. I have no regrets buying it whatsoever. $20 into a 12k machine is nothing and it ruled out one of the possible issues. I can try to take a slow mo video with my iPhone when I have a buddy over and see if I can capture the path it’s taking. my best guess is that the felt pad is keeping the ball lower so it hits the switch 100%. If you say the ball leans right and this guide keeps it centered than it is more assuring having both (just like you stated in your add). I have no intentions on returning it as I appreciate what you guys are doing.

Awesome, well I appreciate having customers like you! If you grab a video feel free to PM it over. I would love to compare it to what our testing showed.

#231 2 years ago

It's announcement day!!!
Here at Outpost Kodelia, we found ourselves getting tired of having to strain to see which shots were lit in the inner loop. Heck, we didn't even realize there were shot lights for the inner loop for almost two weeks into owning the game! Apparently no one at Stern is under 6'4" so they must've thought it was totally fine to hide those lights where the rest of us can't see them, left to be shocked to discover that there's actually a third skill shot, or to wonder where that last mode shot is hanging out! Well, with the magic of 3D printing and the convenience of rapid PCB prototyping and production, we bring you our solution to this issue, The Interactive Rush Inner Loop Status Duplicator 3000 for People That Aren't Very Tall! (Let's just say we're still working on a good name for this one...)
Using professional hardware, this mod intercepts the signals being sent to the four inner loop status lights (RGB arrow, RGB record, combo 3, and combo 2) and passes them along to a compact custom PCB to replicate the light based information where you can actually see it! The whole package is dressed up in a shiny purple and gold case that matches the color and artistic cues from the playfield perfectly! Installation involves unplugging and plugging in a few standard connectors, routing the wire up to the top of the playfield, mounting the display with existing playfield screws and nuts, and zip tying a few things together.
Please note that pictures here are of the prototype. We've already made a few tweaks based on what we learned installing the prototype that will make it even better and prettier (render shows latest design changes). Final product will also have cleaner and more finished looking above-the-playfield wiring than what you see in these photos.
So what say you? Do you like what you see? Who wants one? If the reaction is strong, we'll probably open a preorder in the NinjaCamp store as part of our ongoing partnership. To make the final product, we have to submit a new order for the final production PCBs and we'll need to know how many to order to get this started. It will also give us the time we'll need to print the parts and hand wire the wiring harnesses.
Up close, different colors:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
Players view:
[quoted image][quoted image]
Wiring harness:
[quoted image]
Updated Render of Final Version (EDIT: updated again with new text!):
[quoted image]
Videos in action:

This is a must buy for anyone who has played a few games. Always forget about that shot because no lights. Cant wait. Count me in

#232 2 years ago

The factory plug comes off the factory board and goes on to one of my custom boards. That board then duplicates the signal out to two sets of wires, one back to the factory board, the other up through the playfield to plug into my custom display PCB. So I guess it's more of a splitter, but with a small PCB that can be zip tied to the factory wire harness for stay-put-ness.

Man you guys are killing it! If this question involves NinjaCamp secret sauce I'm ok if you say so (and tell me to pound sand if it is!) but I'm dying to know: Are the LED signals simply split and piped to a standard addressable LED, or is post-split signal processing needed? If its the former, the possibilities are pretty enormous. As a hobby-modder, I would happily buy Ninjacamp mode light splitter boards from you guys all day long!

#233 2 years ago
Quoted from Craiger:

Man you guys are killing it! If this question involves NinjaCamp secret sauce I'm ok if you say so (and tell me to pound sand if it is!) but I'm dying to know: Are the LED signals simply split and piped to a standard addressable LED, or is post-split signal processing needed? If its the former, the possibilities are pretty enormous.

We were fortunate that Stern had already reduced the signal to standard +5v and GND RGB LED and W LED signals, so we just split it and piped it to standard RGB and W LEDs. If Stern was sending serial LED data to the board, things would have been much harder to tap into.

#234 2 years ago

We were fortunate that Stern had already reduced the signal to standard +5v and GND RGB LED and W LED signals, so we just split it and piped it to standard RGB and W LEDs. If Stern was sending serial LED data to the board, things would have been much harder to tap into.

Shhhh. Don't tell Stern. Yeah man, you guys have done the lord's work here!

#235 2 years ago

You know, with as much NinjaCamp stuff I'm going to be putting on my Rush pin you guys should probably make up some camp keychains to offer. Currently my Rush key is on a Marco keychain since I had one kicking around, but I wouldn't mind flying a NinjaCamp keychain for that key.

Just sayin'. Keep up the great work!

#236 2 years ago

We're officially launching our lane switch protectors today! They're designed for Rush but they'll probably work on any game with 42mm switch slots (we've tested a few). Check 'em out!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06754-lane-rollover-switch-protectors-42mm

All black:
IMG_1287 (resized).jpgIMG_1287 (resized).jpg

All silver/gray:
IMG_1290 (resized).jpgIMG_1290 (resized).jpg

Black/gray/clear side-by-side for comparison:
IMG_1294 (resized).jpgIMG_1294 (resized).jpg

And check out the Whirlwind for an idea of how nice clear can look on a busy bit of artwork:
IMG_1293 (resized).jpgIMG_1293 (resized).jpg

#237 2 years ago

We're officially launching our lane switch protectors today! They're designed for Rush but they'll probably work on any game with 42mm switch slots (we've tested a few). Check 'em out!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06754-lane-rollover-switch-protectors-42mm
All black:
[quoted image]
All silver/gray:
[quoted image]
Black/gray/clear side-by-side for comparison:
[quoted image]
And check out the Whirlwind for an idea of how nice clear can look on a busy bit of artwork:
[quoted image]

Nice! I know when you were developing these I was asking about colors, and after seeing the clear on Whirlwind I think you've sold me on that. I still think black works best for the scoop protector tho... to each their own!

#238 2 years ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Nice! I know when you were developing these I was asking about colors, and after seeing the clear on Whirlwind I think you've sold me on that. I still think black works best for the scoop protector tho... to each their own!

Yeah, it's all personal taste. All the TPU parts on our personal Rush are black; that's just what we like. But I wouldn't put anything except a clear on something like Whirlwind, it just looks too nice.

#239 2 years ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

You know, with as much NinjaCamp stuff I'm going to be putting on my Rush pin you guys should probably make up some camp keychains to offer.

Nice idea! Maybe we will!

#240 2 years ago

Yeah, it's all personal taste. All the TPU parts on our personal Rush are black; that's just what we like. But I wouldn't put anything except a clear on something like Whirlwind, it just looks too nice.

Side note, shots of the three color protectors in place and not under colored lighting (like you did for the black and Whirlwind protector shots) would be good for comparison as well.

#241 2 years ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Side note, shots of the three color protectors in place and not under colored lighting (like you did for the black and Whirlwind protector shots) would be good for comparison as well.

Ask and ye shall receive.

IMG_1298 (resized).jpgIMG_1298 (resized).jpg
#242 2 years ago

Ask and ye shall receive.
[quoted image]

Thanks, very nice! The silver even has a bit of transparency to it as well when this thin. Is there a bit of flare at the bottom to help hold these in place or are they just friction/gravity fit? You already have my money for a set anyway, so asking for general info for all. Thanks for doing deals for 5x/10x multiples!

#243 2 years ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Thanks, very nice! The silver even has a bit of transparency to it as well when this thin. Is there a bit of flare at the bottom to help hold these in place or are they just friction/gravity fit? You already have my money for a set anyway, so asking for general info for all.

Yeah, there are two gray filaments we use depending on what's in stock. One is definitely a little more transparent than the other. Guess which this one is? ;P Some may go out more opaque than that. Thus our blurb about colors may vary in all our product pages.

As to the fit, I just added a photo to the product page showing the part in more detail, but I'm including it here, too. It just drops in with a friction fit and the lower lip helps to keep it from lifting up. They stay down great and come out easy by just pulling up on the lip, should you ever decide against them or one needs replacing.

Screenshot 2022-04-20 130208 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-04-20 130208 (resized).jpg
#244 2 years ago

I should just stop asking questions... you guys seem to already be thinking of everything.

#245 2 years ago

The inner loop mod, sadly, didn't work for me either. I've seen this in other pins, where the ball travels so fast, it doesn't trip the switch. Going to try and make the plastic cover to see if it's coming off the playfield enough to not trip the switch.

#246 2 years ago

DAMN! Now I wish I had waited just a few more days...could have gotten these with the rest of my stuff. Nice work, guys, but may wait until you've got everything else on the market. All these shipping charges!!! OY!!!

#247 2 years ago

Will this work with the inner loop?

Speaking of inner loop, I love your light idea! Just noticed those lights today and I’m 6’0”. Never noticed those before!!

#248 2 years ago
Quoted from jid:

Will this work with the inner loop?
Speaking of inner loop, I love your light idea! Just noticed those lights today and I’m 6’0”. Never noticed those before!!

That's funny, I'm also 6' tall and was going to comment that I can see them with a slight lean to the right. But that mod is way cool.

#249 2 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

The inner loop mod, sadly, didn't work for me either. I've seen this in other pins, where the ball travels so fast, it doesn't trip the switch. Going to try and make the plastic cover to see if it's coming off the playfield enough to not trip the switch.

It has to be an airborne factor. If the felt works, that means its kicking the ball back down enough to activate the switch. I'm going to try and get a lane cover made or buy one somehow.

#250 2 years ago

Got my dbv , scoop sleeve and ramp protectors today, cant believe how much quieter scoop shot is now , good job. On a recommendation from Jamesays, I put the back piece of the dbv in from the top while ramp was off, before i put in lower piece. Much easier, also had to remove to adjust dbv, and after you take vuk out and remove the ramp, it's a lot easier to install the protector from the top. Great products, thx for making these

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ninjacamp-mods/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.