20220702_181309 (resized).jpg
20220702_163012 (resized).jpg
20220702_163024 (resized).jpg
20220702_142123 (resized).jpg
20220702_142119 (resized).jpg
playfield (resized).jpg
TPU all the parts (resized).jpg
IMG_1645 (resized).jpg

There are 635 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 13.
#151 4 months ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Functional, yet decorative, requires PCB.....hmm....maybe the reels will be spinning after all!!!

Oh wow! Now THAT would be something wouldn't it? =)

#152 4 months ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

For anyone that's curious about what they're in for when installing the new mods, our instructions page is updated. Check it out!
http://mjf.me/pinball/Instructions.html

Don’t mind that non-reactive HTML! NinjaCamp has been trying and failing at businesses for 20 years .

#153 4 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Sorry, but I have to say this: you don’t know anything about how this went down.

Obviously neither do you, so I could be right is what you're saying.

Quoted from swampfire:

Wouldn’t you feel stupid if you learned later that the V3 design was John Borg’s idea?

Why would I feel stupid, I didn't design it?

Quoted from swampfire:

How are you so damned sure it isn’t?

I have to believe he's a better engineer than that, don't you?

Quoted from swampfire:

To seek wisdom, we must start with what we don’t know. And here, none of us know anything.

Look not inwardly, grasshopper, but outwardly, for the truth stands before you in the form of cold hard steel and massive blue rubber, and truth is wisdom.

Quoted from swampfire:

So how about giving Stern’s engineers and designers a fucking break?

No, but thank you for being such a great sounding board for the effectiveness of my thoughts toward Stern's Idiot Sandwich. You got a little froth on the side of your mouth.

#154 4 months ago

For anyone that's curious about what they're in for when installing the new mods, our instructions page is updated. Check it out!

Don't have the new products yet but looked over the install instructions...very well written out. Very much appreciate clear instructions. Cheers!

#155 4 months ago

Thanks for all your ingenuity and help in resolving these issues. Just ordered the lot.

#156 4 months ago

Sudsy & Swamp, take your shit to PM or something, we are all tired of it.

#157 4 months ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

They did, if you like those blue bumpers.
https://sternpinball.com/support/rush-kits/
I'm going to find out how to get the kits to have the parts, but I'm only going to install the replacement switch. I'm too happy with the NinjaCamp protector.

Seemed more like a bandaide.

#158 4 months ago

Question on the instructions for the DBV and backstop. If you're installing both, would it make sense to try and position the backstop before putting in the DBV? Not knowing how tricky it might be to lift up the back of the DBV to get the foot of the backstop under it...

Only new directions I've looked at so far, but still looking solid! Debating on waiting for the lane protectors before putting in the order, but looking forward to adding these alongside my current scoop protector!

#159 4 months ago

Has Stern contacted you guys yet about running their "3D TPU mega-print-protector factory" next door? They should.

#160 4 months ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

I fixed it.

#161 4 months ago

Order placed….big big thanks, you’re awesome guys, French rush players would be happy to know that….

#162 4 months ago

#163 4 months ago
Quoted from oliviarium:

So... we've loved playing our Rush LE so far, had a big tournament at our house a few weeks ago featuring Rush LE, Ultraman CE and Godzilla LE for the finals, with almost 60 players on 27 machines. Its been a great machine so far, we are glad we got it, and kudos to Borg & the whole design team & Stern for a great game.
It certainly shipped with a design flaw -- no doubt about it. Stern has made their attempts to remedy the situation, as well as Cliffy, Mantis, and well, us (NinjaCamp and Outpost Kodelia).
While everyone agrees (including Stern) that the initial effort was flawed, they've made honest attempts to improve the situation. Some people are happy with it, some are not.
If you are happy with the Stern solution, you should use it. If not, there are many fine alternatives out there.
I feel like the debate has gotten a little personal at times here and on the Rush owners thread.
I'd like to ask all parties to agree to disagree and let it go, at least on this thread.
Thank you everyone, we are excited to find new and better ways to protect your games and improve your gameplay experience in any way we can!

Well said.

Can't wait to get my scoop protector. Thanks for all the great work!

#164 4 months ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Question on the instructions for the DBV and backstop. If you're installing both, would it make sense to try and position the backstop before putting in the DBV?

The DBV is easiest to install with the playfield up. With the playfield up, the backstop would just fall out, so it has to come after. The truly easiest way, IMHO, to get the backstop in after the DBV is to remove those plastic screws so you can lift up the plastic a little and reach under it to get things all situated. It's definitely a little awkward, it isn't easy to work in that spot, but you'll get it.

#165 4 months ago
Quoted from oliviarium:

If you are happy with the Stern solution, you should use it. If not, there are many fine alternatives out there.
I feel like the debate has gotten a little personal at times here and on the Rush owners thread.
I'd like to ask all parties to agree to disagree and let it go, at least on this thread.

Thank you for your solution.

#166 4 months ago

I agree with you, and we tried that, but he brought it back here. He just feels compelled to respond to every one of my posts, even if they aren't directed at him.

#167 4 months ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

I agree with you, and we tried that, but he brought it back here. He just feels compelled to respond to every one of my posts, even if they aren't directed at him.

And her YOU are again. Just stop digging.

#168 4 months ago

And her YOU are again. Just stop digging.

And I'll post on here many times in the future as well, like right now! Here's a newsflash - I have a right to post on this forum as much as you do. Block me if you don't like it - easy solution. And there's no "digging" (except for Stern's Idiot Sandwich which really deserves it IMO), unless someone attacks me first. Please try not to respond to this post - I know your position and you know mine - there's nothing left to say.

#169 4 months ago

Yea, everyone has the right to be a dick, thanks for demonstrating it.

When you are in a hole, stop digging.

#170 4 months ago

Meh...keep arguing, guys. It just bumps the NinjaMods thread to the top where everyone can see it, and it's a great product so people should be made aware of it. No such thing as bad publicity. I don't care how many orders they get as long as they ship mine first, though...

#171 4 months ago

Yea, everyone has the right to be a dick, thanks for demonstrating it.

When you are in a hole, stop digging.

Post #3 with with nothing new to say. Congratulations, you're officially now a part of the problem that you claim you want to stop.

#172 4 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Meh...keep arguing, guys. It just bumps the NinjaMods thread to the top where everyone can see it, and it's a great product so people should be made aware of it. No such thing as bad publicity. I don't care how many orders they get as long as they ship mine first, though...

I didn’t really anticipate this “level” of interest. I think we can all agree that it does not matter what solution you use, you just need to protect your wood from your balls.

#173 4 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

just need to protect your wood from your balls

tee hee

#174 4 months ago

Thank you…I am like a perpetual 8 year old.

#175 4 months ago

Aniraf: Could you post a direct link to the install instructions for the various mods in this thread?? Kinda hard to scan a QR code with a laptop....

#176 4 months ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Aniraf: Could you post a direct link to the install instructions for the various mods in this thread?? Kinda hard to scan a QR code with a laptop....

This will link to all of the instruction pages --

#177 3 months ago

Hey everyone, we wanted to let you know that a customer experienced a failure with one of our Rush TPU scoop protectors. The cool thing is that this failure did not impede the protector’s ability to protect or play the machine (woo!), but it was a failure, nonetheless. The product was able to rip near the thin portion which connects the front and back scoop.

Although we believe this came from a defect during printing, we’ve gone “full engineer“ to ensure that it can never happen again. With that, our amazing design team at OutpostKodelia has slightly redesigned the protector by adding additional reinforcement which will further anchors it near the affected area. Furthermore, during the engineering sessions we believe we eliminated the possibility of the metal scoop portion causing friction against the protector during the repeated ball ejects. We believe the tolerances on the scoop, hole, and the placement of the ejection mechanism could be such that it just makes sense for us to take extra steps as these newer machines keep rolling out.

Currently, there is no reason to replace any of the existing Rush TPU scoop protectors. We can address any issues which arise on the fly just like we’re doing for this customer. Additionally, we are continuing to test our existing solution at two local locations. This post was simply because we want to be transparent as we’re learning to improve the product.

Going forward all protectors will include these changes. Some have already shipped! Be sure to check the updated instructions at http://instructions.ninjacamp.com.

We encourage you to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns.

#178 3 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Hey everyone, we wanted to let you know that a customer experienced a failure with one of our Rush TPU scoop protectors. The cool thing is that this failure did not impede the protector’s ability to protect or play the machine (woo!), but it was a failure, nonetheless. The product was able to rip near the thin portion which connects the front and back scoop.
Although we believe this came from a defect during printing, we’ve gone “full engineer“ to ensure that it can never happen again. With that, our amazing design team at OutpostKodelia has slightly redesigned the protector by adding additional reinforcement which will further anchors it near the affected area. Furthermore, during the engineering sessions we believe we eliminated the possibility of the metal scoop portion causing friction against the protector during the repeated ball ejects. We believe the tolerances on the scoop, hole, and the placement of the ejection mechanism could be such that it just makes sense for us to take extra steps as these newer machines keep rolling out.
Currently, there is no reason to replace any of the existing Rush TPU scoop protectors. We can address any issues which arise on the fly just like we’re doing for this customer. Additionally, we are continuing to test our existing solution at two local locations. This post was simply because we want to be transparent as we’re learning to improve the product.
Going forward all protectors will include these changes. Some have already shipped! Be sure to check the updated instructions at http://instructions.ninjacamp.com.

How do we know if we are getting the new or old style shipped? Ordered about a week ago. cheers

#179 3 months ago

Orders that shipped April 11st or earlier would be the original style. Orders that shipped out after that would be the newer style.

We are currently shipping twice a week, so some updated versions have gone out, more will be going out this week.

wcbrandes, I'll send you a PM with details on your shipment.

#180 3 months ago
Quoted from oliviarium:

Orders that shipped April 11st or earlier would be the original style. Orders that shipped out after that would be the newer style.
We are currently shipping twice a week, so some updated versions have gone out, more will be going out this week.
wcbrandes, I'll send you a PM with details on your shipment.

Also interested in knowing for my order. I'm assuming that if I haven't gotten a shipping notice, I'll be getting the new design? Thanks for all you guys are doing.

#181 3 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Thanks for being upfront. I’ve got the 1st edition and it’s holding up well. We are your test bed, nothing tests better than the user community. I’m not worried that if I have an issue in the future you’ll make it right.

#182 3 months ago

If your ship date is 4/11/2022 or earlier, you got V1. Any ship dates after this got V2. Anything not shipped yet will be V2. You can look at your pinside order to see the date it was marked shipped (or if it hasn't been marked shipped yet).

We have confidence in and will continue to stand behind both models.

#183 3 months ago
Quoted from usafstars:

Thanks for being upfront. I’ve got the 1st edition and it’s holding up well. We are your test bed, nothing tests better than the user community. I’m not worried that if I have an issue in the future you’ll make it right.

Thanks! That is 100% the attitude I have on it. No matter what we'll figure out a way to make it right. Also I'm running one of these in the wild with no issues. I'm not planning on changing it either.

#184 3 months ago

It's announcement day!!!

Here at Outpost Kodelia, we found ourselves getting tired of having to strain to see which shots were lit in the inner loop. Heck, we didn't even realize there were shot lights for the inner loop for almost two weeks into owning the game! Apparently no one at Stern is under 6'4" so they must've thought it was totally fine to hide those lights where the rest of us can't see them, left to be shocked to discover that there's actually a third skill shot, or to wonder where that last mode shot is hanging out! Well, with the magic of 3D printing and the convenience of rapid PCB prototyping and production, we bring you our solution to this issue, The Interactive Rush Inner Loop Status Duplicator 3000 for People That Aren't Very Tall! (Let's just say we're still working on a good name for this one...)

Using professional hardware, this mod intercepts the signals being sent to the four inner loop status lights (RGB arrow, RGB record, combo 3, and combo 2) and passes them along to a compact custom PCB to replicate the light based information where you can actually see it! The whole package is dressed up in a shiny purple and gold case that matches the color and artistic cues from the playfield perfectly! Installation involves unplugging and plugging in a few standard connectors, routing the wire up to the top of the playfield, mounting the display with existing playfield screws and nuts, and zip tying a few things together.

Please note that pictures here are of the prototype. We've already made a few tweaks based on what we learned installing the prototype that will make it even better and prettier (render shows latest design changes). Final product will also have cleaner and more finished looking above-the-playfield wiring than what you see in these photos.

So what say you? Do you like what you see? Who wants one? If the reaction is strong, we'll probably open a preorder in the NinjaCamp store as part of our ongoing partnership. To make the final product, we have to submit a new order for the final production PCBs and we'll need to know how many to order to get this started. It will also give us the time we'll need to print the parts and hand wire the wiring harnesses.

Up close, different colors:
IMG_1260 (resized).jpgIMG_1279 (resized).jpgIMG_1280 (resized).jpgIMG_1281 (resized).jpg

Players view:
IMG_1261 (resized).jpgIMG_1285 (resized).jpg

Wiring harness:
IMG_1270 (resized).jpg

Updated Render of Final Version (EDIT: updated again with new text!):
Exit, Stage Left (resized).PNG

Videos in action:

#185 3 months ago

That looks fantastic!

#186 3 months ago

It's announcement day!!!
Here at Outpost Kodelia, we found ourselves getting tired of having to strain to see which shots were lit in the inner loop. Heck, we didn't even realize there were shot lights for the inner loop for almost two weeks into owning the game! Apparently no one at Stern is under 6'4" so they must've thought it was totally fine to hide those lights where the rest of us can't see them, left to be shocked to discover that there's actually a third skill shot, or to wonder where that last mode shot is hanging out! Well, with the magic of 3D printing and the convenience of rapid PCB prototyping and production, we bring you our solution to this issue, The Interactive Rush Inner Loop Status Duplicator 3000 for People That Aren't Very Tall! (Let's just say we're still working on a good name for this one...)
Using professional hardware, this mod intercepts the signals being sent to the four inner loop status lights (RGB arrow, RGB record, combo 3, and combo 2) and passes them along to a compact custom PCB to replicate the light based information where you can actually see it! The whole package is dressed up in a shiny purple and gold case that matches the color and artistic cues from the playfield perfectly! Installation involves unplugging and plugging in a few standard connectors, routing the wire up to the top of the playfield, mounting the display with existing playfield screws and nuts, and zip tying a few things together.
Please note that pictures here are of the prototype. We've already made a few tweaks based on what we learned installing the prototype that will make it even better and prettier (render shows latest design changes). Final product will also have cleaner and more finished looking above-the-playfield wiring than what you see in these photos.
So what say you? Do you like what you see? Who wants one? If the reaction is strong, we'll probably open a preorder in the NinjaCamp store as part of our ongoing partnership. To make the final product, we have to submit a new order for the final production PCBs and we'll need to know how many to order to get this started. It will also give us the time we'll need to print the parts and hand wire the wiring harnesses.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
Players view:
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome...by chance do you have any idea what the cost might be???

#187 3 months ago
Quoted from Analogkid:

That looks fantastic!

Quoted from usafstars:

Looks awesome...by chance do you have any idea what the cost might be???

Thank you both! We haven't set the price yet, but it will definitely be more expensive than other stuff you've seen from us. They're much more labor intensive compared to our other parts... the prints require manual intervention to make the text-on-part details happen, the wire harness is completely hand made, we have to build a test harness for verifying they work, etc. They're also more parts intensive with the custom PCBs, header parts, overseas shipping of materials to us, and five different 3D printer filaments involved. So we just have to figure out what we think is the right balance of being worth our time to create while giving everyone here a fair price. We'll announce pricing when we get to the preorder phase.

#188 3 months ago

Thank you both! We haven't set the price yet, but it will definitely be more expensive than other stuff you've seen from us. They're much more labor intensive compared to our other parts... the prints require manual intervention to make the text-on-part details happen, the wire harness is completely hand made, we have to build a test harness for verifying they work, etc. They're also more parts intensive with the custom PCBs, header parts, overseas shipping of materials to us, and five different 3D printer filaments involved. So we just have to figure out what we think is the right balance of being worth our time to create while giving everyone here a fair price. We'll announce pricing when we get to the preorder phase.

I fully appreciate that this isn't a wham bam here's your mod sam! My concern is if it's to expensive, would it possibly be a no go if you don't get enough pre-orders? Wouldn't it be better to give a ball park (not holding feet to fire) so that the community can give you better feedback on what the "real" demand might be? Just spit balling.

#189 3 months ago

Love the look. Tolerance for price like everyone else. Over 100 I’m probably out. Under 100 I’m probably in.

#190 3 months ago

It's announcement day!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
Players view:
[quoted image][quoted image]
Wiring harness:
[quoted image]
Updated Render of Final Version:
[quoted image]
Videos in action:

I am interested. Good work.

#191 3 months ago

Yeah this looks phenomenal and nice QOL upgrade! I'd actually prefer it without the "inner loop" text and wonder if that might help keep streamline production at all anyway?

#192 3 months ago

Smart mod idea - easily going to be over $100, but it actually adds something of value to the game. Well done.

#193 3 months ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I'd actually prefer it without the "inner loop" text...

We considered that some people might not like that there and we debated on what, if anything, it should say. Without text there, a) it's less clear what these represent to someone who isn't familiar with the mod, and b) without something there it would be empty space because I need to keep most of that area to make room for the molex plug hardware on the back below the lights. The impact on cost is trivial, so it really isn't a cost decision either way. We could go with more of the abstract steam-punkish artwork, which solves issue b, but not issue a. But if anyone has ideas for what it should say, we're open to the feedback.

#194 3 months ago

Love the inner loop light array, put me down on your waitlist. The lack of visibility of these lane lights has been one of my top complaints since day one.

#195 3 months ago

We considered that some people might not like that there and we debated on what, if anything, it should say. Without text there, a) it's less clear what these represent to someone who isn't familiar with the mod, and b) without something there it would be empty space because I need to keep most of that area to make room for the molex plug hardware on the back below the lights. The impact on cost is trivial, so it really isn't a cost decision either way. We could go with more of the abstract steam-punkish artwork, which solves issue b, but not issue a. But if anyone has ideas for what it should say, we're open to the feedback.

Thanks for the insight into your thought process. Consider me on the interest list, please!

#196 3 months ago

I would potentially be interested as well.

"Short people matter" for the text line...

Or some gear wheels instead of text.

Either way, great idea.

#197 3 months ago

Maybe it could say Entre Nous for a little Permanent Waves love...

#198 3 months ago

You can put me on the interest list for this great idea. Keep ‘em coming

#199 3 months ago

I agree about the writing not being there. It doesn't say anything on the playfield so why on the sign. I would like to see more theme related like gears and such. Add me to the list.

#200 3 months ago

put me on the list please, that is if there is one lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
$ 599.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 18.95
$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.
There are 635 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!