PXL_20230615_213012281 (resized).jpg
16868472117342296101486555053423 (resized).jpg
16868464900856775119706721526606 (resized).jpg
16868462388575157472113307038242 (resized).jpg
16868459723501322809520064238289 (resized).jpg
IMG_2927 (resized).JPG
16868456225046877711529820994187 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 1,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 24.
#101 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I like everything here, but I have to weigh in on inlane switch protectors. I hate them. I’ve had so many ball-hangs on Cliffies, and the metal on those is even thinner than what I see here. I’ve always just put down a few layers of mylar, and that’s been enough to protect even my 10+ year old Sterns. Yes, it’s a PITA to cut out the mylar with an Exacto knife, but there’s an art to it.
Everything else is amazing, and I’m definitely interested in the VUK protector.

It is a balance. We can print this stuff insanely thin, but it doesn’t have the protection I would want. Also the thinner you go, the slower the print. Based on this thread alone I feel like we are going to need 40 printers .

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Don’t forget that our production facility is…ummm…not production scale .

No excuse. Also, if you could, like, Amazon it overnight to me, that'd be great too. Thanks.

I'll take two sets of the new stuff since my scoop protectors are on their way. Should've been here by now...

#103 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

No excuse. Also, if you could, like, Amazon it overnight to me, that'd be great too. Thanks.
I'll take two sets of the new stuff since my scoop protectors are on their way. Should've been here by now...

Haha. We’re working on it! We are almost caught up to where we are able to ship orders within one day. I feel pretty proud of that seeing as how I thought this might be “slightly” more popular than my Rick and Morty protector.

Lots of final testing on new parts and dialing in our 3D printers for maximum goodness. We will have things listed very soon.

#104 2 years ago

Looking forward to your inner loop guide - I’ve been struggling with mine since day 1.

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Looking forward to your inner loop guide - I’ve been struggling with mine since day 1.

ditto

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Yeah for sure. Same here!

#107 2 years ago

Hi @aniraf, just wondering how all the projects are coming and when they might possibly be available? Thanks and take care.

#108 2 years ago

usafstars thank you for asking. We are planning on dropping everything tomorrow or Tuesday. It just depends on how much time I have.

#109 2 years ago

Does it make me a bad person that I'm just as excited for my scoop protector as I was for my game? I just wish there was a tracking number so I could watch it sit for a week in a New Jersey USPS warehouse like everything else that's shipped to me.

#110 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Does it make me a bad person that I'm just as excited for my scoop protector as I was for my game? I just wish there was a tracking number so I could watch it sit for a week in a New Jersey USPS warehouse like everything else that's shipped to me.

Bad, no. Weird , maybe but it's so worth it, I'd put mylar under it, washers under the posts and no fork lift arms

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Something tells me you should check your mailbox today

#112 2 years ago

so which thickness acrylic washer have people been using for the posts? I've redone that tightening a few times with different approaches and still get some torque/curling. Right now its minimal and not really an issue but want to jump back on it later with something that looks like a cleaner finish

#113 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

so which thickness acrylic washer have people been using for the posts? I've redone that tightening a few times with different approaches and still get some torque/curling. Right now its minimal and not really an issue but want to jump back on it later with something that looks like a cleaner finish

https://www.pinballlife.com/clear-petg-fender-washers.html
This is what I used, cuz I had em on hand , 3/4 diameter

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

https://www.pinballlife.com/clear-petg-fender-washers.html
This is what I used, cuz I had em on hand , 3/4 diameter

Ah sweet! Glad I keep forgetting to complete a cart with them. Been slowly adding things for the past couple of weeks for random stuff.

#115 2 years ago
Quoted from oliviarium:

Something tells me you should check your mailbox today

Something tells me you knew the tracking number. HOORAY! It arrived!

#116 2 years ago

Link to where to buy mods?

THX

#118 2 years ago

Got it. Installed it. And yep...it's awesome. (Installation wasn't too fun, though...a little tricky with the over/under/don't twist the protector with the screw thing.)

So...where are the other two mods?

#119 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Got it. Installed it. And yep...it's awesome. (Installation wasn't too fun, though...a little tricky with the over/under/don't twist the protector with the screw thing.)

Yeah, using a deep socket on the top and and a regular socket or nut driver underneath and standing to the left of the cabinet while tightening them on the vertical playfield is where I have my best luck.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Sooooooooooon......

#120 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Something tells me you knew the tracking number. HOORAY! It arrived!

Sorry, because of the demand and lack of automation I haven't sent out all of the tracking numbers like I normally do. Rest assured everything is tracked and we're averaging about 8 day turn around from order to receipt at this point.

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I've got the product pages almost finished...looks like everything will launch tomorrow assuming I don't need to worry about the glamor shots . I think OutpostKodelia already nailed those on the big post.

I'll update here the moment everything is live.

#122 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I've got the product pages almost finished...looks like everything will launch tomorrow assuming I don't need to worry about the glamor shots . I think OutpostKodelia already nailed those on the big post.
I'll update here the moment everything is live.

In 1986, I stayed out all night for Rush tickets to see them on their Power Windows tour...

I feel like I have the same tension and excitement waiting for the new product pages to drop....

Looking forward it, guys. Thanks for all the hard work...

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from ChesterWhite:

In 1986, I stayed out all night for Rush tickets to see them on their Power Windows tour...
I feel like I have the same tension and excitement waiting for the new product pages to drop....
Looking forward it, guys. Thanks for all the hard work...

I admit I check the Pinside shops every day or two lol

#124 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

No, it's sad though that Stern couldn't figure this out.

#125 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

No, it's sad though that Stern couldn't figure this out.

They did, if you like those blue bumpers.
https://sternpinball.com/support/rush-kits/
I'm going to find out how to get the kits to have the parts, but I'm only going to install the replacement switch. I'm too happy with the NinjaCamp protector.

#126 2 years ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

They did, if you like those blue bumpers.

It is reminiscent of a Soviet Cold War Era design to me. It's functional, but something that ugly should only be on the underside of a playfield, not right in front of your flippers with bright lights shining on it. Borg would never say it out loud of course, but it has to piss him off a little that they stuck that thing on his scoop, totally upsetting his game design flow and aesthetics. The topper is that they marched him out there to show us how to install it in an instructional video! Gotta wonder how that conversation went before he finally caved. Must have been his turn in the barrel I guess.

Oh well, doesn't matter, Ninja saved the day on this one and now we can play the game as originally designed without staring at the eyesore in the middle of the playfield.

#127 2 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

It is reminiscent of a Soviet Cold War Era design to me. It's functional, but something that ugly should be on the underside of a playfield, not right in front of your flippers with bright lights shining on it. Borg would never say it out loud of course, but it has to piss him off a little that they stuck that thing on his scoop, totally upsetting his game design flow and aesthetics. The topper is that they marched him out there to show us how to install it in an instructional video! Gotta wonder how that conversation went before he finally caved. Must have been his turn in the barrel I guess.
Oh well, doesn't matter, Ninja saved the day on this one and now we can play the game as originally designed without staring at the eyesore in the middle of the playfield.

It probably went along the lines of " your mess, you sort it, and don't do it again " !!

#128 2 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

It is reminiscent of a Soviet Cold War Era design to me.

In Soviet Russia, pin balls you!

Yakov-Smirnoff21 (resized).jpgYakov-Smirnoff21 (resized).jpg
#129 2 years ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

In Soviet Russia, pin balls you!

KhRUSHchev approved!

(see what I did there, comrade? )

Quoted from ian866:

It probably went along the lines of " your mess, you sort it, and don't do it again " !!

Maybe, but I'm thinking they told him, "Look John, according to our focus group, if pin nerds worldwide see YOU installing it, they will normalize it". Something like that I would bet.

#130 2 years ago

Need we say more...

they're here (resized).jpgthey're here (resized).jpg
#131 2 years ago

NinjaCamp did you get your page up you were taliking about/

#135 2 years ago

Order placed!

Still working on the rollovers?

#136 2 years ago

Ordered Placed Thanks..

#137 2 years ago

Ordered!! Thx for building these much needed pieces

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Still working on the rollovers?

Not quite there yet, no. I think we're settled on the design, now it's a question of pinning down printing technique so we're happy with the outcome and can still produce them fast enough to not back up our whole operation. I do hope to have those up soon though!

#139 2 years ago

Bought them all! Thank you for this work! Much appreciated!

#140 2 years ago

Wow folks, 14 orders in the first 30 minutes! We're humbled!! Thank you so much! We've been quietly building up some inventory but I think you've already nuked it, so we'll be working furiously to keep them coming...

Meanwhile we've also been hard at work on our next big thing for Rush, and it's not TPU, gasp!! It's not protective, and it's not just a decoration; it'll be functional. I'm not quite ready to say what it is or show it just yet, suffice it to say we're still waiting to get the custom PCBs we designed for it back from the shop, because it just won't impress like it should until it's whole. Once you see it, though, we're pretty confident that you're going to love it! If you're like us, you'll wonder how the game ever shipped without it.

I know it's rude to tease, but it'll be worth it... Give us a week or two. I'll have it built the day I get the boards. Stay tuned!

#141 2 years ago

Got all of them. Thanks for your ingenuity.

Can't wait to see the "functional" mod.

#142 2 years ago

Got 2 of everything. Sold two of the grandchildren to science to pay for it.

It'll save me some money at Christmas, too, so thanks!

#143 2 years ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

Meanwhile we've also been hard at work on our next big thing for Rush, and it's not TPU, gasp!! It's not protective, and it's not just a decoration; it'll be functional. I'm not quite ready to say what it is or show it just yet, suffice it to say we're still waiting to get the custom PCBs we designed for it back from the shop, because it just won't impress like it should until it's whole. Once you see it, though, we're pretty confident that you're going to love it! If you're like us, you'll wonder how the game ever shipped without it.
I know it's rude to tease, but it'll be worth it... Give us a week or two. I'll have it built the day I get the boards. Stay tuned!

Functional, yet decorative, requires PCB.....hmm....maybe the reels will be spinning after all!!!

#144 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Functional, yet decorative, requires PCB.....hmm....maybe the reels will be spinning after all!!!

Heh, we've been talking about this since before our LE ever arrived, but I'm sorry to say that no, it won't be spinning reels. May get around to designing that eventually though.

#145 2 years ago

Heh, we've been talking about this since before our LE ever arrived, but I'm sorry to say that no, it won't be spinning reels. May get around to designing that eventually though.

To sleep, perchance to dream…

#146 2 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Borg would never say it out loud of course, but it has to piss him off a little that they stuck that thing on his scoop, totally upsetting his game design flow and aesthetics. The topper is that they marched him out there to show us how to install it in an instructional video! Gotta wonder how that conversation went before he finally caved. Must have been his turn in the barrel I guess.

Sorry, but I have to say this: you don’t know anything about how this went down. Wouldn’t you feel stupid if you learned later that the V3 design was John Borg’s idea? How are you so damned sure it isn’t? To seek wisdom, we must start with what we don’t know. And here, none of us know anything. So how about giving Stern’s engineers and designers a fucking break?

#147 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Sorry, but I have to say this: you don’t know anything about how this went down. Wouldn’t you feel stupid if you learned later that the V3 design was John Borg’s idea? How are you so damned sure it isn’t? To seek wisdom, we must start with what we don’t know. And here, none of us know anything. So how about giving Stern’s engineers and designers a fucking break

Why should they get a break from deserved criticism? People here are having to spend more money to fix it.

#148 2 years ago

Hey everyone, as you know, we've been hard at work cranking out scoop protectors for Rush, but we haven't been idle on the design front, either. We wanted to take a moment to share with you a few of the other things we're in development with for Rush and see what you find to be the most desirable, and thus what we should really focus our R&D on in the immediate future. With no further ado, here's our stuff!
----------------------------------------------------------------
VUK Protector a.k.a. "The Duckbilled Vukypus" (or DBV)
The playfield around the VUK on Prem/LE models is already showing a lot of wear for most folks. It's also really common for perfectly good shots to ricochet around and rattle out. We set out to fix both of these issues. The DBV protects the wall and edges of the VUK hole from impact damage, and the large bill portion protects the wood from rolling damage and ensures no ball is ever stuck back there. The whole thing is secured from underneath by the VUK plate so it won't come out. Further, you can optionally install the backstop to the DBV by simply sliding it underneath the bill where it is held in place by the DBV and its surrounding playfield hardware. The backstop absorbs enough of the kinetic energy of the incoming ball so it won't bounce like mad and rattle out. On our LE, we saw a reduction from about 1 in 5 or 6 shots rattling out to 0 (ZERO!) out of 60+ (we eventually lost count). Once in a very rare while we'll still see a rattle out, but the problem is effectively eliminated. It's tough to get good pictures of this one, but we did our best.
[quoted image] [quoted image] [quoted image]
----------------------------------------------------------------
...We can't wait to hear your thoughts!
Thank you so much,
Outpost Kodelia and NinjaCamp

Thumbs up earned from me for somehow referencing a platypus.

#149 2 years ago

So... we've loved playing our Rush LE so far, had a big tournament at our house a few weeks ago featuring Rush LE, Ultraman CE and Godzilla LE for the finals, with almost 60 players on 27 machines. Its been a great machine so far, we are glad we got it, and kudos to Borg & the whole design team & Stern for a great game.

It certainly shipped with a design flaw -- no doubt about it. Stern has made their attempts to remedy the situation, as well as Cliffy, Mantis, and well, us (NinjaCamp and Outpost Kodelia).

While everyone agrees (including Stern) that the initial effort was flawed, they've made honest attempts to improve the situation. Some people are happy with it, some are not.

If you are happy with the Stern solution, you should use it. If not, there are many fine alternatives out there.

I feel like the debate has gotten a little personal at times here and on the Rush owners thread.

I'd like to ask all parties to agree to disagree and let it go, at least on this thread.

Thank you everyone, we are excited to find new and better ways to protect your games and improve your gameplay experience in any way we can!

#150 2 years ago

For anyone that's curious about what they're in for when installing the new mods, our instructions page is updated. Check it out!

http://mjf.me/pinball/Instructions.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 1,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ninjacamp-mods/page/3?hl=aniraf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.