20220702_181309 (resized).jpg
20220702_163012 (resized).jpg
20220702_163024 (resized).jpg
20220702_142123 (resized).jpg
20220702_142119 (resized).jpg
playfield (resized).jpg
TPU all the parts (resized).jpg
IMG_1645 (resized).jpg

There are 635 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 13.
#51 4 months ago
Quoted from ian866:

Is it possible to print an edging strip similar to this out of the same material the protector is made from ? Appreciate it would get mangled eventually, but would give the scoop edges a chance to soften ball impacts.
[quoted image]

We have something we think might be even better than this in the works... We have a LOT of things brewing, the biggest issue we have is the overwhelming demand for the scoop protectors!

#52 4 months ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

We have something we think might be even better than this in the works... We have a LOT of things brewing, the biggest issue we have is the overwhelming demand for the scoop protectors!

Well 1000 for the LEs and how many pros and prems ?you need that many.And thank You

#53 4 months ago

Just installed my ninjacamp-mods Rush scoop protector. Looks great, plays great so far. Now it is just a mater of does it hold up over time? It really sits nicely in the hole and seems to have a way lower profile then the original metal pos. Good job and thanks for making it available.

#54 4 months ago

Installed my Rush scoop protector yesterday, great part! That top is so thin the ball barely flinches as it rolls over it. I went with the black model and since there is already a black outline printed on the playfield it blends in great. Agree with an earlier post that it has seemed to make the shots a lot easier. Curious to see what you come up with next!

I was wondering if the walls on the protector were narrow enough that protectors could be made for the inlane switches where the wire-forms exit and not interfere with switch operation. À la Cliffy's switch protectors but since printed in TPU could be the whole oval instead of just a U shape. I'm thinking the same as the top of the scoop protector, would need to lack the nice filler for the round edge that the scoop has though, then on the bottom that hair lip like on the scoop protector to hold it in place. It looks like there would be space around the switch levers. Might be worth a trial run to see if they would work. This material certainly seems like it could take the beating and provide just that slightest extra protection to keep the playfield from being damaged.

#55 4 months ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

I was wondering if the walls on the protector were narrow enough that protectors could be made for the inlane switches where the wire-forms exit and not interfere with switch operation.

We're way ahead of you. Already have this very thing in testing...

#56 4 months ago

Hey everyone, as you know, we've been hard at work cranking out scoop protectors for Rush, but we haven't been idle on the design front, either. We wanted to take a moment to share with you a few of the other things we're in development with for Rush and see what you find to be the most desirable, and thus what we should really focus our R&D on in the immediate future. With no further ado, here's our stuff!

----------------------------------------------------------------
VUK Protector a.k.a. "The Duckbilled Vukypus" (or DBV)

The playfield around the VUK on Prem/LE models is already showing a lot of wear for most folks. It's also really common for perfectly good shots to ricochet around and rattle out. We set out to fix both of these issues. The DBV protects the wall and edges of the VUK hole from impact damage, and the large bill portion protects the wood from rolling damage and ensures no ball is ever stuck back there. The whole thing is secured from underneath by the VUK plate so it won't come out. Further, you can optionally install the backstop to the DBV by simply sliding it underneath the bill where it is held in place by the DBV and its surrounding playfield hardware. The backstop absorbs enough of the kinetic energy of the incoming ball so it won't bounce like mad and rattle out. On our LE, we saw a reduction from about 1 in 5 or 6 shots rattling out to 0 (ZERO!) out of 60+ (we eventually lost count). Once in a very rare while we'll still see a rattle out, but the problem is effectively eliminated. It's tough to get good pictures of this one, but we did our best.
DBV Model (resized).png DBV (resized).jpg DBV backstop (resized).jpg

Inner Loop Fix

As most of us know by now, the inner loop on Rush tends to miss hitting the switch a lot. If the ball comes in at the right speed and angle, it tends to roll past the switch without depressing it enough to register. This fix is simple, elegant, and nearly invisible. Simply snap it on to the right side guide rail and it will gently push the ball left and over the switch for a dramatic increase in registered hits. As a bonus, it also seems to reduce the frequency of a slow ball getting stuck when rolling back towards the switch since the elongated tail-end taper of the part gently guides even a slow ball back over the center of the switch where it will depress properly. Check out the model images to get a better idea of what it looks like, because you can barely see it in the playfield shot!
Inner Loop Fix (resized).png Inner Loop Fix Model1 (resized).png Inner Loop Fix Model2 (resized).png

Lower Scoop Sleeve

We know there's a lot of concern over the ball impacting the exposed sides of the lower scoop if you don't have the big blue erasers installed on it. The ball can wear down the scoop, the scoop can damage the ball, and damaged balls can damage everything else. Seeing and hearing that ball slam it hard from the side can be really cringe inducing. Not any more! The scoop sleeve fits snugly over the scoop and wraps it in a thin layer of cushiony TPU goodness so you can play cringe-free.
Scoop Sleeve (resized).jpg

Rollover Switch Protectors

Rollover switches notoriously take wear, but it's especially true when the returns drop pinballs on top of them as they do in Rush. We've developed a simple drop in rollover switch protector. We're still working out the aesthetics of the part but, as it stands, it provides a good amount of protection with minimum visibility thanks to colorless transparent TPU!
Rollover Switch Protector (resized).jpg Rollover Switch Protector2 (resized).jpg

Ramp Guards

The existing ramp guards on the Prem/LE models with the moving ramp are two very small blue erasers. Just a few weeks in the wild and these are already showing signs of breakdown. Also they're blue and stand out a bit too much. We've created a simple replica part but we print it out of 85A shore hardness because, believe it or not, the 95A material we've been using everywhere else was REALLY HARD when printed in a dense little block like this. The 85A material is much closer to the softness of the blue erasers, but is still a bit more firm and is a much much more durable material and should hold up to a lot more wear and tear. It's a little early to say just how well they'll hold up under the more extreme direct smashing impacts of a pinball, but they've been in our LE for a week and still look brand new, which already puts them ahead of the blue erasers.
rampmod2 (resized).jpg rampmod (resized).jpg

So there it is, all our works-in-progress for your feedback. That's a key phrase though... all of these are still technically works-in-progress and may still change and evolve, but most are very near their final state and are testing quite well in our little handful of test systems.

So what do you think? Where's the must-have here? What else should we be considering? We can't wait to hear your thoughts!

Thank you so much,
Outpost Kodelia and NinjaCamp

#57 4 months ago

I'm in for the ramp guards, duckbilled Vukypus, inner loop fix and scoop sleeve. Please let me know when available. Maybe I'll just buy all of em

#58 4 months ago

I want them all.

Might actually be able to play my machine soon, imagine that!

#59 4 months ago

I want them all as well!
Got a premium coming on the next run. Will let you get caught up with back orders, and keep fine tuning the other protectors as well, then I’ll hit you up!

#60 4 months ago

Inner Loop Fix is my number one.

#61 4 months ago

I'm in...

#62 4 months ago

Wow! I really appreciate the excitement! I know a guy who is using that inner loop fix on location and it is doing a great job .

#63 4 months ago

Yeah, I would be in for all of them. They all serve a great purpose and are much needed. Great job and thank you!

#64 4 months ago

Hi, awesome job, I’m in for the VUK, Inner loop, Rollover Switch and Ramp Guards, just let me know when available. I need to protect my precious LE….

#65 4 months ago

Looks good, is there a reason you haven't covered this exposed edge, does the ball no longer make contact with it using this protector ?

Screenshot 2022-04-05 at 10.24.02 (resized).png
#66 4 months ago

Hope you'll offer "The OCD Collection" for us paranoids that includes all of them with a $21.12 discount.

#67 4 months ago

Aniraf, I'm going to want the remaining solutions. Already loving the scoop protector...will you be making everything but the rollover protectors in Ghost Grey? Looking forward to grabbing these when they are ready for prime time.

#68 4 months ago

Inner Loop Fix is my number one too!

#69 4 months ago

Great products and great ideas! I'm in for them all as well!

(except for the scoop protector as I already have yours installed in and the switch rollovers as I have a playfield protector to cover those.)

#70 4 months ago

In for the lower scoop sleeve, inner loop fix. Already purchased the scoop protector. Great product!

#71 4 months ago
Quoted from ian866:

Looks good, is there a reason you haven't covered this exposed edge, does the ball no longer make contact with it using this protector ?
[quoted image]

It's hard to see from the photo, but the round wall protection extends slightly up above the height of the wood ledge where it looks to be exposed, which protects from incoming ball impacts. When the ball rolls back and forth over the exposed looking area, it is suspended above the wood by the side guides all the way until it drops into the hole. The exposed area wasn't in the first draft of the product, but it was necessary for it to print well, so we took the above measures to ensure the ball still wasn't going to touch the wood.

#72 4 months ago

Sign me up for all of the RUSH options!!!!!

#73 4 months ago

New LE owner here and interested in all of these as well!

#74 4 months ago

It's hard to see from the photo, but the round wall protection extends slightly up above the height of the wood ledge where it looks to be exposed, which protects from incoming ball impacts. When the ball rolls back and forth over the exposed looking area, it is suspended above the wood by the side guides all the way until it drops into the hole. The exposed area wasn't in the first draft of the product, but it was necessary for it to print well, so we took the above measures to ensure the ball still wasn't going to touch the wood.

I see now, this pic shows it is higher than the exposed edge, nice one

Screenshot 2022-04-05 at 14.35.03 (resized).png
#75 4 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Wow! I really appreciate the excitement! I know a guy who is using that inner loop fix on location and it is doing a great job .

Just chiming in to say I played Anirafs Rush on location this weekend and the scoops functioned perfectly.

Thanks for supporting the hobby and being a great operator. Games are always in top shape!

#76 4 months ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

Hope you'll offer "The OCD Collection" for us paranoids that includes all of them with a $21.12 discount.

Haha! I like it!

#77 4 months ago

I'll take a set (except for scoop, which I already have).

#78 4 months ago

Any word on protecting the shooter lane?

#79 4 months ago

And a matching side scoop cover for the OCD brigade

#80 4 months ago

Already own (but not yet installed) the scoop fix... but I'm in for all mods as well ! Looking forward to more updates !

#81 4 months ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Any word on protecting the shooter lane?

We're still ideating on what that might look like. We have to take into account not just how to make a working design that actually provides protection, but how to design something that can actually be printed cleanly and reliably given the realities of 3D printing and limitations of the TPU, and the shooter lane with its contours is going to be a particular challenge on the latter part. Not that we've thrown in the towel on it or anything... it's just early in the process and we haven't had a chance to really dig in yet.

#82 4 months ago

Great stuff! Let us know when we may be able bundle orders.

8CEF540C-F1A3-4E19-A0B2-360BB258444F.gif

#83 4 months ago

I’m in for all as well.

#84 4 months ago

index.jpeg

Edit: Love the lane protectors! The clear looks good but I'm hoping you also offer in black. Like with the scoop protector, the black outline printed on the playfield I think lends itself well to having a black protector. Probably want to be prepared to offer these in a variety of colors as I would expect they would fit a bunch of games.

#85 4 months ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

[quoted image]
Edit: Love the lane protectors! The clear looks good but I'm hoping you also offer in black. Like with the scoop protector, the black outline printed on the playfield I think lends itself well to having a black protector. Probably want to be prepared to offer these in a variety of colors as I would expect they would fit a bunch of games.

Right now I'm leaning away from anything but clear for the lane switch protectors, and here's why... The black outline vs the cutout doesn't always center up the same as you can see in the photo I posted - all three sit a little differently despite having identical dimensions. I originally created this in black to match our own personal scoop protector because, like you, I like the aesthetics of black on the black outline, but I immediately didn't like the result because nothing lined up right. The only option was to keep making the surface overlay bigger until it completely eclipsed the border in all its positional variance which started to look pretty bulky, or... go clear so it didn't stand out as much. Further, other games seem to use different size outlines around the cutout, which makes no one solution right for everything which means we eventually end up with a million different variations of this part as we expand. That being said, this is still one of those "work-in-progress" issues we're trying to pin down.

Given all of that, let us know if you have any particular thoughts on this; community feedback is what makes a product great!

#86 4 months ago

Also, I was literally waiting for this meme to show up.

#87 4 months ago

Have you guys started exploring other colors yet (like gold, as I'd suggested via PM)? I'm intrigued by your items but I'm not a fan of the available colors, they don't match the game art.

#88 4 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Have you guys started exploring other colors yet (like gold, as I'd suggested via PM)? I'm intrigued by your items but I'm not a fan of the available colors, they don't match the game art.

It's still on our radar. We have several colors on hand we want to experiment with, but gold is a tough one. It's a pretty uncommon color for TPU. Still, I have found one filament in gold TPU that could be worth an experiment, but it looks like it may be just more of a darkish-yellow color than a proper gold, and it's not exactly cheap, which makes it a poor choice for experimentation. In short, I don't have a lot of optimism around gold arriving as an option even when/if we do start offering other colors, but that could always change depending on what becomes available to us...

Out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on a clear version? Check out the lane switch protectors above as an example.

#89 4 months ago

Right now I'm leaning away from anything but clear for the lane switch protectors, and here's why... The black outline vs the cutout doesn't always center up the same as you can see in the photo I posted - all three sit a little differently despite having identical dimensions. I originally created this in black to match our own personal scoop protector because, like you, I like the aesthetics of black on the black outline, but I immediately didn't like the result because nothing lined up right. The only option was to keep making the surface overlay bigger until it completely eclipsed the border in all its positional variance which started to look pretty bulky, or... go clear so it didn't stand out as much. Further, other games seem to use different size outlines around the cutout, which makes no one solution right for everything which means we eventually end up with a million different variations of this part as we expand. That being said, this is still one of those "work-in-progress" issues we're trying to pin down.

Given all of that, let us know if you have any particular thoughts on this; community feedback is what makes a product great!

I would agree if the clear were really clear, but because it's textured it's visible and even draws the eye to it like the area is crazed or dirty. I think silver/gray would be better because it matches and blends with the existing wireforms, switch actuators, screw heads, etc. But mostly because it would match my scoop protector

Anyway, there's some community feedback.

#90 4 months ago

It's still on our radar. We have several colors on hand we want to experiment with, but gold is a tough one. It's a pretty uncommon color for TPU. Still, I have found one filament in gold TPU that could be worth an experiment, but it looks like it may be just more of a darkish-yellow color than a proper gold, and it's not exactly cheap, which makes it a poor choice for experimentation. In short, I don't have a lot of optimism around gold arriving as an option even when/if we do start offering other colors, but that could always change depending on what becomes available to us...
Out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on a clear version? Check out the lane switch protectors above as an example.

I would be interested in a clear set.

#91 4 months ago

also interested in the clear set/bundle of all items mentioned...

#92 4 months ago

Still, I have found one filament in gold TPU that could be worth an experiment, but it looks like it may be just more of a darkish-yellow color than a proper gold, and it's not exactly cheap, which makes it a poor choice for experimentation.

Such is the price of R&D, I understand that -- sometimes it doesn't work out (I have plenty of weird colors that I rarely use, which were purchased for this same reason). But when your experimental purchase results in a desirable product, it's absolutely worth the cost. Look at ot this way -- presuming it turns out well, you'd at least sell one set (hi) and likely many, many more.

If were actually optically clear, maybe. But from the pics and from my own experience in FDM 3D printing, clear doesn't come out clear. So, no, clear won't do it for me.

#93 4 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

If were actually optically clear, maybe. But from the pics and from my own experience in FDM 3D printing, clear doesn't come out clear. So, no, clear won't do it for me.

Yeah, it definitely shows the print and layer lines more than one would hope, I understand not being interested in that. Well, we have a lot of decisions to make on when and what we do next, we'll definitely factor this in. Thank you for the feedback!

#94 4 months ago

Well, we have a lot of decisions to make on when and what we do next, we'll definitely factor this in.

It doesn't matter what you decide in the end, I have veto power in a can.

pasted_image (resized).png
#95 4 months ago

Your scoop protector is shipped today—can't wait to get it installed.

I'd be all over the entire set when it becomes available.

#96 4 months ago

I like everything here, but I have to weigh in on inlane switch protectors. I hate them. I’ve had so many ball-hangs on Cliffies, and the metal on those is even thinner than what I see here. I’ve always just put down a few layers of mylar, and that’s been enough to protect even my 10+ year old Sterns. Yes, it’s a PITA to cut out the mylar with an Exacto knife, but there’s an art to it.

Everything else is amazing, and I’m definitely interested in the VUK protector.

#97 4 months ago

I am in for everything except the scoop which I already have! Thx!

#98 4 months ago

Scoop sleeve has my attention.

How's that been working on the location? Balls taking less abuse?

Save our Balls, Ninjacamp

#99 4 months ago

We're still ideating on what that might look like. We have to take into account not just how to make a working design that actually provides protection, but how to design something that can actually be printed cleanly and reliably given the realities of 3D printing and limitations of the TPU, and the shooter lane with its contours is going to be a particular challenge on the latter part. Not that we've thrown in the towel on it or anything... it's just early in the process and we haven't had a chance to really dig in yet.

Don’t forget that our production facility is…ummm…not production scale .

#100 4 months ago
Quoted from jalkelly:

Just chiming in to say I played Anirafs Rush on location this weekend and the scoops functioned perfectly.
Thanks for supporting the hobby and being a great operator. Games are always in top shape!

Super nice of you! Thanks!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
$ 139.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 6,699.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Tampa , FL
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
NinjaCamp Mods
There are 635 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!