PXL_20230615_213012281 (resized).jpg
16868472117342296101486555053423 (resized).jpg
16868464900856775119706721526606 (resized).jpg
16868462388575157472113307038242 (resized).jpg
16868459723501322809520064238289 (resized).jpg
IMG_2927 (resized).JPG
16868456225046877711529820994187 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 1,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 24.
#901 1 year ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

We temporarily don't have easy access to a working Rush LE, so I'm looking for one person to beta test our next product, the Expressive Backbox Light Kit! This will be just like our Expressive Undercabinet Light Kit in virtually every way except: it will be made with a 60LED/m strip instead of a 30LED/m strip so it fits on the back side of the backbox properly, and it will mount slightly differently since the backbox is metal.
To be a valid candidate, you need to already have BOTH of our other Expressive Light Kits installed and working in your game (which also means you need to have a Rush or Led Zeppelin that already has Stern's expression lights installed and working). I'll also expect you to install it promptly upon receipt and make a high quality video to send me with a clean surrounding/environment. Finally, looking for US purchasers only, just to minimize delays inherent to international shipping.
We expect the kit will sell for $140/160 just like the other kits, but for this one lucky person, I'm going to halve the price to $80 (+$10 for shipping)!
You have to reply quickly because I'm going to take the first qualified response ON THIS THREAD (PM requests will not be counted, just so it's all above board)! If you respond, please explicitly confirm that you meet the criteria and that you will be able to send me a clean high quality video. Thanks!
Aaaaand GO!!!

Hello I have all of those things !! What exactly is this kit? I’d be happy to try it out !!

#902 1 year ago

I wanna Beta test if ccw2112 doesn't work out.

#903 1 year ago

So this kit will do just like our other Expressive Light kits, and it will replicate the Stern Expression Lights on the back of the backbox. With all three you'll have speaker lights, undercabinet lights, and lights behind the backbox that are ALL in perfect sync with Stern's Expression Lights. This will be the ultimate lighting experience for anyone that owns a game with Expression Lights. One thing I should have mentioned is that you'll need to install a second interface board. Eventually we'll have a board with three light connectors, but for the moment, you'll just daisy chain two interface boards.

#904 1 year ago

My 2 machines are not against a wall there for it feels light lights behind the back box would not be nearly as incredible as the under cabinets and speaker lights those are amazing and I dig them. I think I shall defer. Love love your stuff !!

-CC

#905 1 year ago
Quoted from ccw2112:

I think I shall defer. Love love your stuff !!

No worries! And thank you!

Quoted from Nstone4425:

I wanna Beta test if ccw2112 doesn't work out.

Looks like you're up NSTONE4425. You on board?

#906 1 year ago

If hes out, I'm in!

#907 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

If hes out, I'm in!

I really think you need 2 beta testers tho

#908 1 year ago

Yep lets do this!!!!

#909 1 year ago

We temporarily don't have easy access to a working Rush LE, so I'm looking for one person to beta test our next product, the Expressive Backbox Light Kit! This will be just like our Expressive Undercabinet Light Kit in virtually every way except: it will be made with a 60LED/m strip instead of a 30LED/m strip so it fits on the back side of the backbox properly, and it will mount slightly differently since the backbox is metal.
To be a valid candidate, you need to already have BOTH of our other Expressive Light Kits installed and working in your game (which also means you need to have a Rush or Led Zeppelin that already has Stern's expression lights installed and working). I'll also expect you to install it promptly upon receipt and make a high quality video to send me with a clean surrounding/environment. Finally, looking for US purchasers only, just to minimize delays inherent to international shipping.
We expect the kit will sell for $140/160 just like the other kits, but for this one lucky person, I'm going to halve the price to $80 (+$10 for shipping)!
You have to reply quickly because I'm going to take the first qualified response ON THIS THREAD (PM requests will not be counted, just so it's all above board)! If you respond, please explicitly confirm that you meet the criteria and that you will be able to send me a clean high quality video. Thanks!
Aaaaand GO!!!

Damn...so close. I already have Rush and Zeppelin LEs, but don't have your lighting kits installed already.

NEXT!

#910 1 year ago

i SENT YOU A pm IN RESPONSE YESTERDAY iM in

#911 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Damn...so close. I already have Rush and Zeppelin LEs, but don't have your lighting kits installed already.
NEXT!

You don't have the ninja lights? You fool, lucky you're not in that other thread right now

#912 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You don't have the ninja lights? You fool, lucky you're not in that other thread right now

"...that other thread..."??? What am I missing? Answer is either a) the joke, or b) some exciting thread action.

#913 1 year ago

Boob has his own thread where he takes a daily beating. You can join, if I get to beta test

#914 1 year ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

Yep lets do this!!!!

Woo! Okay, LED strips should be in by tomorrow night. I'll have the alternate (magnetic, ooooooh! aaaaah!) mounting clips ready to go today. Should be able to get it in the mail by Friday.

Now I just have to figure out how to get the wires out. One option is another grommeted hole like I did for the undercabinet kit, which could go under the cab with the other one, or through the backwall of the cab. Either of those, though, you're going to have to unplug it to put the head down, which would be really annoying.

Ideally, I can go through the factory topper hole. That would work great except it could interfere with installing a topper, should Stern ever release one. But it wouldn't have to be touched to put the head down and move the game, which is a huge plus. I'm leaning towards this option right now, but I'm open to feedback. Thoughts?

#915 1 year ago

Woo! Okay, LED strips should be in by tomorrow night. I'll have the alternate (magnetic, ooooooh! aaaaah!) mounting clips ready to go today. Should be able to get it in the mail by Friday.
Now I just have to figure out how to get the wires out. One option is another grommeted hole like I did for the undercabinet kit, which could go under the cab with the other one, or through the backwall of the cab. Either of those, though, you're going to have to unplug it to put the head down, which would be really annoying.
Ideally, I can go through the factory topper hole. That would work great except it could interfere with installing a topper, should Stern ever release one. But it wouldn't have to be touched to put the head down and move the game, which is a huge plus. I'm leaning towards this option right now, but I'm open to feedback. Thoughts?

The topper hole is my vote. I have it on pretty good authority Stern is scraping the Rush topper. I hope I'm wrong but yeah. Again I hope I'm made to look a fool and my source is wrong.

#916 1 year ago

Topper hole is best option, still plenty of room to fish more wires thru. Gomez did say last week that the rush and gz toppers are approved and in line to be produced. Hope that nstone got some bad info, be a shame to miss out on one.

#917 1 year ago

In other news, we did it! We're all caught up!! All currently open orders will ship out tomorrow!

#918 1 year ago

I really dig the full light kit,behave had mine in for a week or so now. Some notes:

- if you have aftermarket kicker 5.25s, common rec recently, you'll have to remove the housing around the service outlet to fit them. Just slightly too deep.

- I don't really see the need for drill and gromet for the cable for the Undercab kit. I just ran it through the hole I'm one of the back grills I already made for an audio out line.

- mounting system is a nice touch, but I have 3M auto trim tape (that thick black stuff w/ red backing you see with many mods), used a little of that on each bracket rather than putting holes in the cab. Works fine.

- if it's gonna be in a lineup with other stuff w/ Undercab lights, I'd skip the Undercab kit or plan to pull that game off on its own so you can appreciate it. Really cool effect, but lost in a lineup.

#919 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

I really dig the full light kit,behave had mine in for a week or so now. Some notes:
- if you have aftermarket kicker 5.25s, common rec recently, you'll have to remove the housing around the service outlet to fit them. Just slightly too deep.
- I don't really see the need for drill and gromet for the cable for the Undercab kit. I just ran it through the hole I'm one of the back grills I already made for an audio out line.
- mounting system is a nice touch, but I have 3M auto trim tape (that thick black stuff w/ red backing you see with many mods), used a little of that on each bracket rather than putting holes in the cab. Works fine.
- if it's gonna be in a lineup with other stuff w/ Undercab lights, I'd skip the Undercab kit or plan to pull that game off on its own so you can appreciate it. Really cool effect, but lost in a lineup.

I pulled 2 staples and ran under the mesh

#920 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I pulled 2 staples and ran under the mesh

Same

#921 1 year ago

Yep, under the mesh option works perfectly well for the undercab lights. I think the drilled hole with the grommet looks super nice and clean, but I also totally get people wanting to avoid drilling.

#922 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

So yes, that would work. Truth be told, this had occurred to me, I just wasn't comfortable recommending that people remove that cover and leave it off, exposing the line AC voltage. So I'm still not recommending it, but since you mentioned it, I thought I'd comment on it.

Meanwhile, I am experimenting with a lower profile variant. So far, I've only been able to cut about 1/4" or 6mm, which isn't a ton but could help. It's just tricky to fit 48 LEDs between the panel and the speaker, and the number of LEDs can't be reduced because it would break the synchronization with the factory lights. I'm still noodling on it though...

#923 1 year ago

Well poop, late to the party, but if you need a secret secret tester, you know I already have both of the other kits installed

I’d even throw on a NC magnet on the coin door, if it was provided

#924 1 year ago

So yes, that would work. Truth be told, this had occurred to me, I just wasn't comfortable recommending that people remove that cover and leave it off, exposing the line AC voltage. So I'm still not recommending it, but since you mentioned it, I thought I'd comment on it.
Meanwhile, I am experimenting with a lower profile variant. So far, I've only been able to cut about 1/4" or 6mm, which isn't a ton but could help. It's just tricky to fit 48 LEDs between the panel and the speaker, and the number of LEDs can't be reduced because it would break the synchronization with the factory lights. I'm still noodling on it though...

Yeah. I'm not recommending it either. Just stating a fact and if people try/ fry themselves, nothing to do with me on the bright side, there is a plastic cover over the actually line connections underneath still. So you'd probably have to work at it to electrocute yourself.

I was surprised they didn't fit, not a deep profile. Technically, I could force the thing closed but it would press out just slightly. Not sure how you'd get that much thinner, but even a slight change would fit the Kickers at least. 1/4" would for sure fit them, not sure about many others though.

#925 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Yeah. I'm not recommending it either. Just stating a fact and if people try/ fry themselves, nothing to do with me on the bright side, there is a plastic cover over the actually line connections underneath still. So you'd probably have to work at it to electrocute yourself.
I was surprised they didn't fit, not a deep profile. Technically, I could force the thing closed but it would press out just slightly. Not sure how you'd get that much thinner, but even a slight change would fit the Kickers at least. 1/4" would for sure fit them, not sure about many others though.

Pinwoofer speakers fit just fine with ninja lights, sound great

#926 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Pinwoofer speakers fit just fine with ninja lights, sound great

Hahahahah that they do. Thanks to you I've spent mucho money with them.

#927 1 year ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

Hahahahah that they do. Thanks to you I've spent mucho money with them.

Could rush sound any better tho? I dont think so,

#928 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Could rush sound any better tho? I dont think so,

No it could not

#929 1 year ago

Beta backbox light kit to Nstone4425 is ready to ship out! As soon as I get the feedback and videos from him, I think we'll be ready to green light this whole thing for production! I'm also exploring a way to make a big "uni-kit" with everything in it for people that haven't previously bought any of our expressive light kits; it would also reduce the number of power blocks needed to one. For people that already have one or more of our kits, though, it'll just be business as usual, or I could potentially make a "single power supply upgrade kit" if there's any interest in that, but I'll have to give it some thought.

#930 1 year ago

Beta backbox light kit to Nstone4425 is ready to ship out! As soon as I get the feedback and videos from him, I think we'll be ready to green light this whole thing for production! I'm also exploring a way to make a big "uni-kit" with everything in it for people that haven't previously bought any of our expressive light kits; it would also reduce the number of power blocks needed to one. For people that already have one or more of our kits, though, it'll just be business as usual, or I could potentially make a "single power supply upgrade kit" if there's any interest in that, but I'll have to give it some thought.

Definitely into a "ALL IN 1" price for undercab/behind back box/speaker lights/power box price.

#931 1 year ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Definitely into a "ALL IN 1" price for undercab/behind back box/speaker lights/power box price.

Most definitely. Same here

#932 1 year ago

Fun shipping stats this month!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#933 1 year ago

FYI, we won't be able to ship out today as we usually do. Our laser label printer died so we can't generate shipping labels. We should be back up and running tomorrow, and we will ship as soon as we can after that.

#934 1 year ago

My granddaughter loves ninja lights and rush

#935 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

OH! MY! GOODNESS!! How adorable! This just made my whole weekend!! Thank you so much for sharing that.

#936 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

This is amazing! Thank you for sharing.

#937 1 year ago

Holy cow! Check out the beta Expressive Backbox Light Kit! All three of our Expressive Pinball Lighting kits running together!! Okay, so now that I know it's all good to go, I need to put in a big order of supplies so we can start selling them to you! It'll be a couple weeks or so until they arrive, but once I have them in hand, I'll get the listing up asap. I'll also be prototyping an all-in-one kit with a unified power supply here in the coming days. Stay tuned... we'll have these available soon! Here are some videos to whet your appetites!

https://vimeo.com/799677114
https://vimeo.com/799677091

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Thank you so much to Nstone4425 for beta testing and capturing the videos!!

#938 1 year ago

oh that looks awesome

#939 1 year ago

I am a massive NinjaCamp Fan Boi.

I can't say enough good things about them or their products.

The backbox install was insanely easy. Maybe took 10 minutes maybe, but 5-10. Illumination is great and just the right amount. I'm very excited to see what they come up with next.

I've been on the fence selling my LZ and their lighting kits have me leaning towards keeping it.

Run don't walk to buy their products. This isn't a paid for endorsement/ad. Lol

#940 1 year ago

I purchased the scoop protectors for Rush awhile back. I’m just getting around to installing it. The question I have has to do with the stern fix. My machine has the “Stern scoop fix” with the housing around the front scoop. The one with the 2 rubber pads. Once I install your protector, is it necessary to put that stupid housing back? Obviously, I want the max protection to the scoops and the playfield…Thanks

#941 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

I purchased the scoop protectors for Rush awhile back. I’m just getting around to installing it. The question I have has to do with the stern fix. My machine has the “Stern scoop fix” with the housing around the front scoop. The one with the 2 rubber pads. Once I install your protector, is it necessary to put that stupid housing back? Obviously, I want the max protection to the scoops and the playfield…Thanks

No, put it in the coin box or trash can

#942 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

They CAN be used together, but it isn't necessary, especially if you want the shot to be open from the sides. Some folks swear that the Stern bracket w/ pads makes the scoop shot easier though, which may be true. So it's up to you.

#943 1 year ago

They CAN be used together, but it isn't necessary, especially if you want the shot to be open from the sides. Some folks swear that the Stern bracket w/ pads makes the scoop shot easier though, which may be true. So it's up to you.

Pm sent

#944 1 year ago
The Rush scoop protector is a good mod, but not perfect... With the help of a large washer, I still can’t get the protector to lay

The Rush scoop protector is a good mod, but not perfect... With the help of a large washer, I still can’t get the protector to lay flat. What's worse is I tried for nearly two months (Aniraf - since November 16th) to get a replacement, but all I got was the run around. Thanks Aniraf!

#945 1 year ago

These ninja lights are just amazing!!

#946 1 year ago

#947 1 year ago

show off.looks fantastic

#948 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotman:

The Rush scoop protector is a good mod, but not perfect... With the help of a large washer, I still can’t get the protector to lay
The Rush scoop protector is a good mod, but not perfect... With the help of a large washer, I still can’t get the protector to lay flat. What's worse is I tried for nearly two months (Aniraf - since November 16th) to get a replacement, but all I got was the run around. Thanks Aniraf!

Hey there, Aniraf responded to you back on Jan 14, offering to replace it for you, but I never saw further follow up from you (maybe you PM'd him?). Did you send him your color choice as he had indicated?

#949 1 year ago

Where did you get your anti-reject part for your Rush. Can’t seem to find the seller anywhere.
Thanks
Darren

#950 1 year ago

Where did you get your anti-reject part for your Rush. Can’t seem to find the seller anywhere.
Thanks
Darren

Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Installed the Rush spinner lane anti-reject mod last night, worked great! I have not had a single reject from that shot!
On the flipside though, this has allowed for the ball to exit the inner loop a lot quicker. Previously there would be a bit of rattle for me as the ball approached the exit to the right orbit, that seems gone now. I'm going to need to re-learn getting consecutive loop shots on my machine. I'll have to check my upper flipper power but I thought I had already tuned it down.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,699 (OBO)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 300.00
$ 25.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ninjacamp-mods/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.