PXL_20230615_213012281 (resized).jpg
16868472117342296101486555053423 (resized).jpg
16868464900856775119706721526606 (resized).jpg
16868462388575157472113307038242 (resized).jpg
16868459723501322809520064238289 (resized).jpg
IMG_2927 (resized).JPG
16868456225046877711529820994187 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 1,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 24.
#801 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Thanks for reminding me that I still have to install mine! Got distracted with Godzilla... both games are so good in their own way.

Finally installed the expression speaker lights - they look awesome, thanks for making these!

The downside is that I'm draining because I'm watching the pretty light show instead of playing the game...

#802 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Finally installed the expression speaker lights - they look awesome, thanks for making these!
The downside is that I'm draining because I'm watching the pretty light show instead of playing the game...

Heh, I'm happy to hear that's the only "issue" you're having! So glad you're enjoying them.

2 weeks later
#803 1 year ago

Happy Holidays everyone, from our family at NinjaCamp & Outpost Kodelia to yours!

This year has been a whirlwind for us. We dropped our first joint product back in March and it's been a wild ride ever since, with five printers running almost nonstop. We will be launching another major product just after the new year, so watch for that, and we have many a thing in the queue after that. 2023 should be every bit as exciting for us, if not more so! Thank you all for embracing what we do and encouraging us to keep going with all the great feedback you've sent our way!

As this cold wave rips through the country, stay warm and enjoy your families and whichever holidays you choose to celebrate, and we'll catch you in 2023!

Cheers,
Kaydee, Olivia, & Mark

#804 1 year ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

Happy Holidays everyone, from our family at NinjaCamp & Outpost Kodelia to yours!
This year has been a whirlwind for us. We dropped our first joint product back in March and it's been a wild ride ever since, with five printers running almost nonstop. We will be launching another major product just after the new year, so watch for that, and we have many a thing in the queue after that. 2023 should be every bit as exciting for us, if not more so! Thank you all for embracing what we do and encouraging us to keep going with all the great feedback you've sent our way!
As this cold wave rips through the country, stay warm and enjoy your families and whichever holidays you choose to celebrate, and we'll catch you in 2023!
Cheers,
Kaydee, Olivia, & Mark

Happy holidays and Merry Christmas to all of you, thank you for the awesome products put out this year!

#805 1 year ago

I was an early adopter on the scoop protector and mine is starting to rip at the common spot. Would love to get an updated version of the grey one.

#806 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Tried that and there isn’t much play. It’s stdm every time now.
Update- reset everything under the playfield and with a few tweaks it now lets hits the right flipper every time. Very happy to be back to the way this game was originally intended. Sterns V3 was far too intrusive.

mine is doing this. ninjacamp 3d print scoop protector w/ stern fork on.

So just loosen it all up, reseat it and try again? Almost seems like a part of the protector that wraps under the pf, the ball hits on the way out? as different ejects look slow vs others. I'll have to check the plunger too

#807 1 year ago
Quoted from Maken:

I was an early adopter on the scoop protector and mine is starting to rip at the common spot. Would love to get an updated version of the grey one.

Same here- contacted them directly and grey replacement was shipped same day. Also ordered the shooter lane rattle fix and spinner loop fix. Plays like absolute butter now.

#808 1 year ago
Quoted from Maken:

On it. We'll get that sent out asap.

#809 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

So just loosen it all up, reseat it and try again? Almost seems like a part of the protector that wraps under the pf, the ball hits on the way out? as different ejects look slow vs others. I'll have to check the plunger too

Reseating things usually fixes this up for most folks. It usually comes down to a slight twist in the scoop mech before cinching it down. Some people have had luck changing the scoop power. Also double check that the tab on the underside of the PF is seated flush against the PF. If not, try resituating its position. Worst case, if it's hanging down, you could try cutting off the last half of that tab.

All that said, you do have the old V1 model. That shouldn't make a difference for this, but if you're in there messing around with it, you may as well have a V2 to put in. PM me if you want to go that route.

#810 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I also added a washer underneath to angle it better when I reseated it (also giving it a little twist as I retightened) which seemed to have solved it once and for all.

#811 1 year ago

On it. We'll get that sent out asap.

Awesome, thanks for the great service, much appreciated!

#812 1 year ago

New product prototype is built and passed on the test bench. It went into a game tonight so I could get videos and photos to make the installation guide and marketing materials. Final product will be 95% the same, just a few tweaks to wiring based on the prototype building experience. Everything we need to make the final is already on hand!

Official announcement coming sooooooon!!!

#813 1 year ago

New product prototype is built and passed on the test bench. It went into a game tonight so I could get videos and photos to make the installation guide and marketing materials. Final product will be 95% the same, just a few tweaks to wiring based on the prototype building experience. Everything we need to make the final is already on hand!

Rush specific , or all games?

#814 1 year ago

Hell yeah!!! I really hope this is what I messaged you about awhile back!!! Very excited!!

#815 1 year ago

Well, the day has finally arrived! We give to you the NinjaCamp / Outpost Kodelia Expressive Undercabinet Light Kit! I knew this was going to be cool, but until I actually saw it running, I couldn't have imagined just how much WOW factor this adds! Pair it with our Expressive Speaker Light Kit for the ultimate lighting experience! Even better, if you've done one of the big audio upgrades, crank up the volume and you'll swear you're at a concert, it's just amazing!!

Available for purchase now! https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/07647-expressive-undercabinet-lights-kit

See it in action here: https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/786978529

I haven't made the installation instructions yet, but I'll get that done this weekend and share the link here for those who want to see that before making a purchase.

Enjoy!!

IMG_2197 (resized).PNGIMG_2197 (resized).PNGIMG_2198 (resized).PNGIMG_2198 (resized).PNGIMG_2199 (resized).PNGIMG_2199 (resized).PNG
#816 1 year ago

Wow, that's pretty nuts! Looks great!

#817 1 year ago

Well, the day has finally arrived! We give to you the NinjaCamp / Outpost Kodelia Expressive Undercabinet Light Kit! I knew this was going to be cool, but until I actually saw it running, I couldn't have imagined just how much WOW factor this adds! Pair it with our Expressive Speaker Light Kit for the ultimate lighting experience! Even better, if you've done one of the big audio upgrades, crank up the volume and you'll swear you're at a concert, it's just amazing!!
Available for purchase now! https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/07647-expressive-undercabinet-lights-kit
I haven't made the installation instructions yet, but I'll get that done this weekend and share the link here for those who want to see that before making a purchase.
Enjoy!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Does it also work on LZ like the speaker kit?

#818 1 year ago

^This guy didn’t check out the link

#819 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

^This guy didn’t check out the link

What!? Lotta text in that product link… So Ouch…you got me… I did watch the action video… but I guess I didn’t read ALL the product link…

This will look good on my LZ.

#820 1 year ago

Enjoy!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Question. If we are already using a power spitter for the expressive light kit, are we going to need another power spitter for these lights? If using both and the topper, how might you get power to all of those things at once?

#821 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

What!? Lotta text in that product link… So Ouch…you got me… I did watch the action video… but I guess I didn’t read ALL the product link…
This will look good on my LZ.

Just a good ribbing my friend, always important to read NC’s breakdown of items.

#822 1 year ago

These look amazing, dang you!!!

Pm sent with 1 question

#823 1 year ago

I have to admit, I wasn’t big on the under cabinet lighting for pinball machines, but the fact this triggers and interacts much like your speaker kit, is very impressive.

Awesome job

#824 1 year ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

Question. If we are already using a power spitter for the expressive light kit, are we going to need another power spitter for these lights? If using both and the topper, how might you get power to all of those things at once?

You can definitely split the splitter on one side with another splitter (barely avoiding a "yo dawg heard you like..." meme here.) As stated in the listings, each of these draws under an amp from the 48v, and the power distribution board shouldn't have any problem handling two of them. What I do NOT know is how much current the topper draws. I suspect not a lot, but I have no data for that. It is possible that the combination of the 3 may be pushing it for the power board, but I honestly don't know. The 10.5A capacity of the main 48v power supply should also be able to handle all of this (the cooling fan may run more often, but the power supply should safely manage any overcurrent situation without receiving or causing any damage), but again... "should" is not a "definitely!" As with any mod you make or install, you're taking the risk on your own, but this is a definitively gray area without knowing the power draw of the toppers. What I can definitely say is that the wire I use for the splitters can safely handle well over 20A, and the CN7 Molex connector/pins are rated to at least 13.5A, so those will not be your bottlenecks.

To be clear, this isn't me saying "do it!!" so much as I'm saying "while it should work, we make no such guarantee and you are responsible for any damage to the game and/or accessories caused by this".

The surefire solution would be to get an additional dedicated 48v power supply, wire it into the incoming AC mains power, and power your accessories off of that. I can give you part numbers for the molex plugs you would need to do this. In fact, let me just do that right here:

Molex Plug (female, replicates the CN7 socket): 0050842022
Pins for that plug: 0002081002

And should you need it, the male plug (plugs into CN7) is: 0050841025
With Pins: 0002082004

With those you could build pigtails from a second 48v power supply that our light kits could plug right into. Or you could build a test rig to interrupt the power to the topper so you can take some meaningful current draw measurements to determine exactly how much load the topper is pulling... though even that won't 100% answer the question because Stern doesn't publish current draw limits for CN7 on the power board, though I suspect it has plenty of capacity to go around.

I hope that helps, in a roundabout sort of way where I'm gracefully refusing to actually answer your question.

#825 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

These look amazing, dang you!!!
Pm sent with 1 question

Hmm... I don't see a PM from you. Can you resend it to me?

#826 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

Does it also work on LZ like the speaker kit?

100%!

#827 1 year ago

I have to admit, I wasn’t big on the under cabinet lighting for pinball machines, but the fact this triggers and interacts much like your speaker kit, is very impressive.
Awesome job

Thank you! Personally, I always thought undercabinet lighting was a bit overrated, myself. I wouldn't say I disliked it, but it wasn't a must have. But when I first fired this up, my jaw kinda dropped and I was instantly in love. Having it tied in and interactive like this... it's almost mesmerizing. I just stare at it and grin. Anyways, I figured I was making this product more for other people, but it'll definitely be a permanent fixture on our Rush.

That said though... the other games around it look like they're missing something now, especially in a dimly lit room. This really is some stand out eye candy, if I don't say so myself!

#828 1 year ago

You can definitely split the splitter on one side with another splitter (barely avoiding a "yo dawg heard you like..." meme here.) As stated in the listings, each of these draws under an amp from the 48v, and the power distribution board shouldn't have any problem handling two of them. What I do NOT know is how much current the topper draws. I suspect not a lot, but I have no data for that. It is possible that the combination of the 3 may be pushing it for the power board, but I honestly don't know. The 10.5A capacity of the main 48v power supply should also be able to handle all of this (the cooling fan may run more often, but the power supply should safely manage any overcurrent situation without receiving or causing any damage), but again... "should" is not a "definitely!" As with any mod you make or install, you're taking the risk on your own, but this is a definitively gray area without knowing the power draw of the toppers. What I can definitely say is that the wire I use for the splitters can safely handle well over 20A, and the CN7 Molex connector/pins are rated to at least 13.5A, so those will not be your bottlenecks.
To be clear, this isn't me saying "do it!!" so much as I'm saying "while it should work, we make no such guarantee and you are responsible for any damage to the game and/or accessories caused by this".
The surefire solution would be to get an additional dedicated 48v power supply, wire it into the incoming AC mains power, and power your accessories off of that. I can give you part numbers for the molex plugs you would need to do this. In fact, let me just do that right here:
Molex Plug (female, replicates the CN7 socket): 0050842022
Pins for that plug: 0002081002
And should you need it, the male plug (plugs into CN7) is: 0050841025
With Pins: 0002082004
With those you could build pigtails from a second 48v power supply that our light kits could plug right into. Or you could build a test rig to interrupt the power to the topper so you can take some meaningful current draw measurements to determine exactly how much load the topper is pulling... though even that won't 100% answer the question because Stern doesn't publish current draw limits for CN7 on the power board, though I suspect it has plenty of capacity to go around.
I hope that helps, in a roundabout sort of way where I'm gracefully refusing to actually answer your question.

Thank you for the answer!

#830 1 year ago

To anyone who may be wondering: drilling the hole for the Expressive Undercabinet Light Kit is an option, not a necessity. The other option is to cut and/or pull the staples up on the wire mesh covering the leftmost vent hole and route the wires through that. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the wire mesh option for two reasons:

1) Nothing to protect the wires from being torn up by the wire mesh.
2) The mesh won't lay flat with the wire coming in under it (unless you cut a hole in the mesh, in which case see point #1 again and read it even louder) leaving an opening for larger bugs to find their way in.

If you cleanly drill your 5/8" hole (I'd definitely recommend a Forstner bit), then install the included rubber grommet, it really does have a nice factory look to it. For what it's worth, Aniraf was hesitant to drill a hole into his Rush, but once he saw how clean and professional it looks with the grommet-in-hole option, he never looked back.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents on the topic.

#831 1 year ago

Ordered!! Are they here yet!!!!!

#832 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ordered!! Are they here yet!!!!!

Get in line

#833 1 year ago

Damnit.....I wasn't going to do this one. I just thought it was going to be overkill. But those videos.....DAMNIT!

Curse you, NinjaCamp!

#834 1 year ago
Quoted from Kez11:

Damnit.....I wasn't going to do this one. I just thought it was going to be overkill. But those videos.....DAMNIT!
Curse you, NinjaCamp!

Hahaha... Sorry?

#835 1 year ago

Oh hey... forgot to mention... We've been nominated for two TWIPY's! The NinjaCamp/Outpost Kodelia Rush TPU Scoop Protector was nominated for best mod, and the completely custom retheme, the Dukes of Hazzard, built and programmed by oliviarium and myself was nominated for best homebrew! Be sure to vote, and if you feel like voting for either of our entries, we'd be much obliged!

https://twipys.com/2022-twipys-ballot/

Thank you all for your patronage and support as we continue to grow this little enterprise. Here's to more big stuff in 2023!

#836 1 year ago

The Rush scoop protector is a good mod, but not perfect... With the help of a large washer, I still can’t get the protector to lay flat. What's worse is I tried for nearly two months (Aniraf - since November 16th) to get a replacement, but all I got was the run around. Thanks Aniraf!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#837 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotman:

The Rush scoop protector is a good mod, but not perfect... With the help of a large washer, I still can’t get the protector to lay flat. What's worse is I tried for nearly two months (Aniraf - since November 16th) to get a replacement, but all I got was the run around. Thanks Aniraf!
[quoted image]

Step 6 discusses this very thing;
http://mjf.me/Pinball/Rush_TPU_Scoop_Protector_v2_Installation.pdf

#838 1 year ago

I installed this protector on Rush LE and don’t care for the softer gummy feeling shots into the scoops and I’m getting a lot of rejected shots out of the lower scoop. The lower scoop hole is tighter now vs. stock and ball ejects are all over the place. I also miss the satisfying metal clunk sound with the metal protectors. The playfield protection is great, of course. Going to order a Cliffy set and go back to metal protectors. That’s just my preference

#839 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I installed this protector on Rush LE and don’t care for the softer gummy feeling shots into the scoops and I’m getting a lot of rejected shots out of the lower scoop. The lower scoop hole is tighter now vs. stock and ball ejects are all over the place. I also miss the satisfying metal clunk sound with the metal protectors. The playfield protection is great, of course. Going to order a Cliffy set and go back to metal protectors. That’s just my preference

To each, their own. I LOVE my Ninja protectors for that very reason. No more CLANKING of metal balls on the metal scoop.

Enjoy your Cliffys!

#840 1 year ago

Instructions for the Expressive Undercabinet Light kit are complete and posted! You can look them over here and let me know if you have any questions or if anything looks awry: http://mjf.me/Pinball/Expressive_Undercabinet_Lights_Installation.pdf

We had a significant rush of orders that we're working through paired with a minor part shortfall that will be fully corrected by Saturday. Also, I've fallen ill and I'm not anywhere near 100% right now, so I'm slowed down by that as well. But rest assured we'll get them out ASAP. One lucky person has one on the way today, but the rest should all be going out next week.

We can't wait to see these on your games, so we're doing our best to move these out quickly!

Thank you all once again for your patronage, support, and patience!
Kaydee

#841 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotman:

[quoted image]

Sorry for the delay. As mentioned in our PM exchange you were not the original purchaser, so I needed an address. Also as explained, I have been really busy. I apologize for the delay and we will still cover the protector. Once I get your color choice, I will get it out asap!!

#842 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:I installed this protector on Rush LE and don’t care for the softer gummy feeling shots into the scoops and I’m getting a lot of rejected shots out of the lower scoop. The lower scoop hole is tighter now vs. stock and ball ejects are all over the place. I also miss the satisfying metal clunk sound with the metal protectors. The playfield protection is great, of course. Going to order a Cliffy set and go back to metal protectors. That’s just my preference

I put the Ninja Camp mod over top of the Pinball Monk mylar and I feel like I'll never have any damage. I felt like the metal was going to eventually dig into the playfield. I could see it starting to deform.

#843 1 year ago
Quoted from MooButt:

I put the Ninja Camp mod over top of the Pinball Monk mylar and I feel like I'll never have any damage. I felt like the metal was going to eventually dig into the playfield. I could see it starting to deform.

I also installed the PinMonk mylar and the factory metal protectors were bent on my game. I’ll try a set of Cliffys next and see how they hold up. That lower scoop is already tight, so any protector needs to be ultra thin to not increase shot rejects. I predict many blown out Rush scoop holes in the future, just like AFM, MB, etc.

#844 1 year ago

OutpostKodelia do we happen to have instructions for the Rush spinner exit installation? Chadvband was looking for them and I don't recall us making any.

#845 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

OutpostKodelia do we happen to have instructions for the Rush spinner exit installation? Chadvband was looking for them and I don't recall us making any.

The last paragraph of the product description was the instructions (along with one of the product photos). There was so little to it that I didn't think it warranted its own install guide. I can make one though, if you think it'll help.

#846 1 year ago

Just received the expression under cabinet lighting.

As always NinjaCamp hit another home run with this mod. Their instructions were very simple and easy to understand. Install took maybe 10 minutes.

I was worried about it being another 1-2 led strip lighting kits but as you can see there are 4 LED strips. With the lights off really adds another awesome element to the experience.

Now time to order a set of LZ.

Well done NinjaCamp!!!

PXL_20230119_013616185 (resized).jpgPXL_20230119_013616185 (resized).jpg
#847 1 year ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

As always NinjaCamp hit another home run with this mod. Their instructions were very simple and easy to understand. Install took maybe 10 minutes.
I was worried about it being another 1-2 led strip lighting kits but as you can see there are 4 LED strips. With the lights off really adds another awesome element to the experience.
Well done NinjaCamp!!!
[quoted image]

Awesome! So glad you're happy with it! And yeah, each kit is also 96 LEDs total (four segments of 24 each), same as the Stern Expression lights and our Expressive Speaker Light kit. We match them 1 to 1. So yep, it gets pretty bright!

#848 1 year ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

Well done NinjaCamp!!!
[quoted image]

You don’t even have the expression lights yet? Blasphemy!

#849 1 year ago

You don’t even have the expression lights yet? Blasphemy!

He and I go to the same church.
Church Ninja Camp.
Where can I get the lz lights?

#850 1 year ago

Distro only? Online?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 13,500.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ninjacamp-mods/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.