PXL_20230615_213012281 (resized).jpg
16868472117342296101486555053423 (resized).jpg
16868464900856775119706721526606 (resized).jpg
16868462388575157472113307038242 (resized).jpg
16868459723501322809520064238289 (resized).jpg
IMG_2927 (resized).JPG
16868456225046877711529820994187 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 1,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 24.
#601 1 year ago

Next week I will receive a LZ expression light kit and I already have the wizardmods side art. Will place it in my Rush prem and let you know how it went…

#602 1 year ago

Thanks NinjaCamp! 212 plays and the ramp rubber started to bite it. Fresh NC parts to the rescue!

20220806_140754.jpg20220806_140754.jpg20220806_142152.jpg20220806_142152.jpg Added 20 months ago:

Typo! Should be over 2000 plays!

#603 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Thanks NinjaCamp! 212 plays and the ramp rubber started to bite it. Fresh NC parts to the rescue!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Previous to getting my machine, I was seeing other people’s issue with the original blue nubs. Installed NC’s protectors before first ball played. Nice choices that they offer

#604 1 year ago

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! oliviarium is home! Also, we're officially listing our spinner exit adjuster for sale! It'll take us a week or so to fully ramp back up to our former glory, but we'll get there soon. If your pending orders haven't already shipped, they should start shipping early this coming week. ESL orders should ship out nearer the end of the week. After that, hopefully we'll be all caught up! Now that I'll also be back home more, I'll be working on finalizing up the Expressive Speaker Light kit and ordering in some initial part supply so we can start selling those, too!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/07067-rush-spinner-exit-adjuster

Stay tuned, and thank you all for your patience through these difficult times. I have to say, it blows us away to see what a loyal and supportive customer base we've been able to build up in such a short time. Y'all are the best! If there's ever anything you need from us, or if you have any requests for parts/fixes/protectors for Rush or any other game, don't hesitate to reach out!

#605 1 year ago

Recently installed the scoop protector plus the fixes for plunge ,loop and Vuk .I’m very ,very happy with all of them and my scores are proof they’re working well Great job NC !

#606 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Recently installed the scoop protector plus the fixes for plunge ,loop and Vuk .I’m very ,very happy with all of them and my scores are proof they’re working well Great job NC !

So happy to hear that! Enjoy, and don't hesitate to reach out if you have any issues!

#607 1 year ago

Just dropped some serious coin for enough power supplies and LED strips to make 50 Expressive Speaker Light kits. This is the long pole in the ordering process and should be in later this month. We're already producing the bodies, so we'll have those ready to go when everything comes in. We'll be checking out that Led Zeppelin in person on Weds so we can finalize the PCB and headers and get those purchased ASAP. We should have at least the first 10 kits ready to sell late this month, with more to follow as fast as we can make them.

#608 1 year ago

21 orders shipped out today. More coming soon. ESL's still planning to ship at the end of the week.

#609 1 year ago

Family first!! Hope she is recovering well - sending positive thoughts your way!

#610 1 year ago

I shipped out 20 more orders today with a handful almost completed. Like OutpostKodelia said, I really appreciate the support from everyone.

I stupidly decided to change jobs right before this pinball modding explosion and it has been nearly impossible for me to get to the speed that OutpostKodelia and oliviarium can hit!

#611 1 year ago

You know when you live in a litigious society.....

My spinner fixer shipped the other day, still waiting. Every time I get a reject, I think about who I could sue for damages.

Gotta turn off my brain!

#612 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s crazy. I traded for an LE with 2000 plays and they are still holding up. Bought NC runners but are in the coin box till I need them.

#613 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

That’s crazy. I traded for an LE with 2000 plays and they are still holding up. Bought NC runners but are in the coin box till I need them.

Same here. Ninjas will be placed when needed. I only have 600 plays tho, but good to hear yours are still intact

#614 1 year ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Next week I will receive a LZ expression light kit and I already have the wizardmods side art. Will place it in my Rush prem and let you know how it went…

I can confirm the LZ kit works fine in Rush

#615 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Typo... I believe it was 2112 plays or more!

#616 1 year ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Thanks for taking the shot at this! Excellent news!

#617 1 year ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

That's great! I got an in-person look at a LZ with expression lights on Weds, and it's all going to be totally interoperable with our kit. And now we know for certain that if people can get their paws on a Node 2 board of either revision, they won't even need the full expression light kit to use our kit.

#618 1 year ago

Another 16 packages sent out today, including all pending ESL orders! We're very close to caught up now... should have stragglers wrapped up very soon.

#619 1 year ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

But isn't the side art completely different or do you plan to cover it over with a different decal? Thanks.

#620 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

But isn't the side art completely different or do you plan to cover it over with a different decal? Thanks.

Correct... People just want to know if it's an option to buy the LZ kit, reskin it (or not), and put it in a Rush - which we now know is a big YES.

#621 1 year ago

Alright folks, I'm thrilled to announce that we've officially ordered the last parts to make the Expressive Speaker Light Kits! Stuff is still a ways out, but it's looking like we'll be able to start full production in a week or two. In the meantime, we're producing the speaker mounts and doing whatever other prep we can do to get these out to you ASAP, once the rest of the parts arrive. We won't be taking orders just yet (no pre orders this time), but I'm going to get an "out of stock" listing up for now so that all the info is in a centralized, linkable place.

This WILL be compatible with both Rush and Led Zeppelin, so long as the game already has an Expression Light Kit installed OR, if you can find a Node 2 board and the appropriate cabling, you can install our kit without the full Expression Lights package (we only need the Node 2 board, really, though this approach may prove to be quite improbable for the near future given all the board shortages out there). These are also compatible with both the 5.25" factory and upgraded Pin Woofer speakers (which we highly recommend, if you have the cash). These are NOT compatible with the 4" factory speakers. If you have the 4" speakers, you'll need to buy the 5.25" speaker plates from someone like speakerlightkits.com and a pair of 5.25" speakers. I'm considering a 4" version, but that will be somewhere well down the road, if at all.

Installation will involve: screwing a small interface PCB into the side of the cabinet, near the Node 2 board, plugging and unplugging wires, removing the old speaker mounting hardware and installing our new speaker mounting hardware in its place, routing a wire from the backbox speakers to the interface board, and sticking down and plugging in a small power transformer. NO soldering, NO splicing, NO permanent modifications except a couple of screw holes for the interface PCB. Two installation orientations are recommended, so the lights build up or build from inside to outside, but you can orient them so the lights build in any direction you prefer.

One other note, I purchased and installed the translucent gold acrylic speaker surrounds from speakerlightkits.com, and I have to say, it's definitely a big improvement... Much more light comes through and they really pop compared to the stock gold metal plates. The down side is that they make the metal speaker panel push out ever so slightly on the right side due to the increased depth causing the speaker to bump into the power box behind it, but I don't notice any rattling and you can't really see that it's pushed out at all when playing the game. (This is probably exclusive to the Pin Woofer / Pyle speakers and probably won't be a problem with the shallower factory Kenwood speakers.) Still, I consider it to be a worthwhile trade off. Check out the videos linked below!

All videos are of the kit with the translucent gold surrounds installed. Also, I realized I installed them upside down in the previous video, so this is how it's intended to look (my preference anyways). When parts arrive, the first thing I'm doing is installing one in an LZ just so I have video and photographic proof that it works for both, but they're electrically the same in this aspect, so I have an extremely high degree of confidence in that.

https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/739294253 - One Little Victory
https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/739294398 - Tom Sawyer
https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/739294502 - The Spirit of Radio

COMING SOON!!!

- Kaydee

IMG_1835 (resized).jpgIMG_1835 (resized).jpg

#622 1 year ago

It's crazy how good that looks. Take my money, please.

You Ninjas are knocking it out of the.....arcade.

#623 1 year ago

Yep I want a set!!! Looks amazing!!

#624 1 year ago

You say that you have already installed the gold speaker surround plate. What about the silver mirror that they offer? Thoughts?

Is it these?
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/5.25-SPIKE-2-Speaker-Surrounds.html

EDIT: Wait, I think I get it now, these plates show even when not on, so the gold mirror matches the LE better?

#625 1 year ago
Quoted from Kez11:

You say that you have already installed the gold speaker surround plate. What about the silver mirror that they offer? Thoughts?
Is it these?
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/5.25-SPIKE-2-Speaker-Surrounds.html
EDIT: Wait, I think I get it now, these plates show even when not on, so the gold mirror matches the LE better?

Correct, normally you see the gold metal ring around the speaker. This replaces it with an acrylic ring that still looks like gold mirror when the lights are off, but lets a LOT of light through when they're on. So yeah, you'd want to stick with gold most likely. The earlier video showed what it is like with the factory gold metal surrounds: https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/735216088

#627 1 year ago

Take my money, I’m in for a set please

#628 1 year ago

Make it active and let's go lol jk

#629 1 year ago

Wow.
Cool.

#630 1 year ago

Nube question and 2500 miles away from my Rush pin.

Does the Rush LE come with the 5.25" speakers stock so this mod is fully compatible? Thanks in advance, looks amazing!

#631 1 year ago
Quoted from Animal:

Nube question and 2500 miles away from my Rush pin.
Does the Rush LE come with the 5.25" speakers stock so this mod is fully compatible? Thanks in advance, looks amazing!

Thanks! Yes, they're stock on the LE.

#632 1 year ago

Great! I love using headphones when I play, all the audio is clearer and stereo separation allot more distinct, but still have subs maybe out of habit or for when I have buddies over and play without headphones, so glad to hear I can move forward with the stock speakers. With that being said, your speaker lights are brilliant, very tastefully done and I can't wait to buy and get them installed. One more reason my Rush LE is bolted!!

#633 1 year ago

How about an under cabinet kit to tie it all together?

#634 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

How about an under cabinet kit to tie it all together?

Let's just say that the interface board that will come with the speakers has an "ACC 2" port.

#635 1 year ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Did you end up placing the wizard mod art over the LZ kit? I’d be curious to see how it turned out, as I’ll be doing this soon. Trying to plot how to work new art around the leds.

I appreciate the confirmation though, was tired of waiting for the Stern release.

#636 1 year ago

Happy news... we can now confirm that all orders are caught up. If you have an order and haven't gotten your package yet, it'll be coming soon! Big thanks to Aniraf for keeping his production whirring while we were down, and both a big thanks and a big F**K YEAH to oliviarium for being able to get back in the swing of things so quickly after a bad brain injury and getting the backlog aggressively driven down to zero barely a week after returning home! Meanwhile, I'm cranking out all that speaker light kit preproduction goodness in prep for our parts arriving soon!

#637 1 year ago

Rush spinner lane shot fix is in and is working perfectly. 10 games zero rejects. Get it if you are considering it.

#638 1 year ago

NC, I would like to volunteer to be your first Rush Premium owner, to show off your speaker expression lights kit, when ready

A2706CA8-F841-46A6-BC39-01388CDD14B1 (resized).jpegA2706CA8-F841-46A6-BC39-01388CDD14B1 (resized).jpegDDBEB8AA-D732-4AB4-8659-5B3A20881734 (resized).jpegDDBEB8AA-D732-4AB4-8659-5B3A20881734 (resized).jpeg
#639 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

NC, I would like to volunteer to be your first Rush Premium owner, to show off your speaker expression lights kit, when ready [quoted image][quoted image]

NOICE! That's the LZ kit in the Rush Prem? Looks pretty good! Out of curiosity, what speakers do you have in your backbox?

#640 1 year ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

NOICE! That's the LZ kit in the Rush Prem? Looks pretty good! Out of curiosity, what speakers do you have in your backbox?

The pinwoofers I just installed earlier today

Yea, the LZ kit doesn’t stand out too much, when the machine is on. Between the light show and the amount of toys/ramps/plastics, it blocks a lot of the LZ art on that L bracket light strip. When the machine’s off, you notice it, but still doesn’t stand out like a sore thumb. You’d have to know what you’re looking at, to have it stand out. Average person’s not going to really notice much.

#641 1 year ago

When will install walkthroughs be on website for shooter Lane and spinner Lane mods?

#642 1 year ago
Quoted from bouche03:

When will install walkthroughs be on website for shooter Lane and spinner Lane mods?

I hadn't planned to make any, but I can. I'll try to get them up before the weekend is over. In the meantime, the spinner exit adjuster has a brief description of the installation in the listing, and the shooter lane installs exactly the same as the straight part of the inner loop adjuster, but in the shooter lane (picture in the listing shows where), so you can look at the loop adjuster instructions, if needed.

#643 1 year ago

Hey everyone, I decided to drop an old design I did for Rick and Morty. I had everything finished, but never got around to posting it. Basically the ship has a "plastic spring" which is prone to cracking or breaking. I redesigned the entire mechanism and came up with something clean which should never break. Like my other Rick and Morty mods, I'm happy to sell you a printed version (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/07113-rick-and-morty-ship-dangler) but I also decided to put the 3d printed models out there for anyone who is interested in trying to make this for themselves. (https://www.printables.com/model/262529-rick-and-morty-ship-dangler).

It is important to note that this mod slightly changes the aesthetic of the area by removing the large clear plastic used as a spring. Also it requires you to remove some hot glue which was applied at the factory. It is relatively simple, but you might want to check the instructions (http://instructions.ninjacamp.com/) before purchasing.

IMG_0563 (resized).jpegIMG_0563 (resized).jpegsideExplanation (resized).pngsideExplanation (resized).png
#644 1 year ago

Disregard! Figured it all out

#645 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Hey everyone, I decided to drop an old design I did for Rick and Morty....

Sorry @aniraf, but this is a Rush thread now. Meeseeks out front shoulda told ya.

#646 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Sorry Aniraf, but this is a Rush thread now. Meeseeks out front shoulda told ya.

Right?!? As great as NC is with their communication and products, I was a little bummed when I saw it wasn’t Rush related, lol. Other machines need love to I suppose.....

#647 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

Right?!? As great as NC is with their communication and products, I was a little bummed when I saw it wasn’t Rush related, lol. Other machines need love to I suppose.....

More Rush love is on the way. Last shipment of parts for the speaker lights came in today. Trying to balance work/life with everything we've had going on, but there's progress every day.

#648 1 year ago

LOL! Thanks everyone...back to Rush...until the next game .

#649 1 year ago

Any tips for the spinner piece? The space between the guide and rail is so tight on my machine that it won’t allow the piece to snap into place and then is obstructing the loop lane…

859AB94D-BD11-449B-A07B-04D3A051EAEB (resized).jpeg859AB94D-BD11-449B-A07B-04D3A051EAEB (resized).jpegA650731A-6C40-41B2-80DE-96EFEC5EC511 (resized).jpegA650731A-6C40-41B2-80DE-96EFEC5EC511 (resized).jpeg
#650 1 year ago

You could try gripping the vertical rail with some pliers (padded with some felt or something like that if you are worried about marring the metal) and bending it away from the ball guide, bit by bit, until the piece snaps in. Likewise you can bend the ball guide away from the rail slightly, which might be the better option since it won't risk causing any issues with the loop lane. Either way, the fit is meant to be snug, the part should barely fit through before it snaps into place. Let us know if that works, or if you don't want to go that approach, and we'll see if we can figure something else out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 64.99
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ninjacamp-mods/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.