Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 137 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by maffewl
  • Topic is favorited by 39 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1116181939[1] (resized).jpg
    ninja logo (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180213_181210226 (resized).jpg
    IMGA0699 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0698 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0010 (resized).jpg
    IMGA0577 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#86 5 years ago
    Quoted from robm:

Dave,
    I purchased an order a couple of months ago, around 270 or so from memory. Some won't be used for a while, should i add any oil, WD40 or other substance to the balls inside the plastic bag?

good question. I'd like to know what to dip them with for storage. plain old motor or vegetable oil?

2 weeks later
    #92 5 years ago

I put a set in my MET and haven't had any issues [yet], but I've probably only put about 30 games on it since I put them in

3 weeks later
    #95 5 years ago
    Quoted from ballbaron:

I'd be interested in a follow-up as you rack up more plays with chrome balls. Please use the contact form on my website at ballbaron.com and thanks!

about 50-60 games in now and I've noticed that some of the balls are starting to exhibit signs of being magnetized (remaining on the sparkey magnet when it's not energized, slow moving balls getting stuck together

they still look incredible, so I will run them through my degauss ring and see if that takes care of the problem

2 weeks later
    #101 5 years ago

you can coat them with a really thin layer of oil and put them back in the bag if you're worried. it's not like you've got to immerse them in a container completely filled with oil

#103 5 years ago

I finally got around to running my magnetized ninja balls through my professional grade deguasser and that seems to have eliminated the magnetism for now. I'll let you know how many games are played before I notice it start to affect play again

#104 5 years ago

about 15 games after deguassing them, some of the balls started exhibiting signs of being magnetized again

2 weeks later
    #110 5 years ago
    Quoted from ballbaron:

I'll be interested in your findings as you send the 15 play balls through the degaussed again. Will the lifespan be even shorter than last time? Have you tried swapping them for carbon?

I'll try and give that a whirl this week. just finishing up with a couple of other pinball projects
    I've got some brand new carbon balls from another company that I can try but I actually swapped those out to yours when I got them because they were so nice and shiny!

worse case scenario is that I use all of the rest of the ninja balls in my RFM, seawitch, CftBL and joust

3 months later
    #123 5 years ago
    Quoted from ballbaron:

I know it's been a while since your post but is there a way to remove one of the magnetic features and find a manufacturer ID on the magnet itself? Would it be possible to do this on all the magnetic features on a machine that continues to magnetize the balls? I'm thinking that the strength of that magnetic field may vary from magnet to magnet and could be caused by variations in production windings or core material. If there is no standard, then the results could be all over the spectrum. Just a thought I've be spit-balling...

if I get a chance, I'll look at the sparky magnet and try and get you the info. since that magnet is the one triggered the most in the game, it's probably the culprit

2 years later
    #133 2 years ago

they are fantastic in games that don't have magnets and hold up very well.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ninja-ball?tu=j_m_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.