Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 137 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by maffewl
  • Topic is favorited by 39 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1116181939[1] (resized).jpg
    ninja logo (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180213_181210226 (resized).jpg
    IMGA0699 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0698 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0010 (resized).jpg
    IMGA0577 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballbaron.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I want to personally thank everyone out there who have shown their trust with the purchase power of a large group. I knew the Samurai G-10 Ball was a winner and I am sure that by now, those of you who have received your orders, know that the Ninja Ball lives up to the same high stanrd of quality and shine as it's predecessor. Your continued feedback and commentary will help me fine-tune the business model to give you the best shiney round product available today.
    Remember also, I have the highest polish Carbon ball on the market.
    Anyway, Thank you again and I look forward to your comments as your orders arrive.
    David
    ballbaron.com

#7 6 years ago

For anyone who wants the novelty BIG pinball, I have them in 1-1/2 inch, 1-3/4 inch 2 inch and 2-1/2 inch. They are scattered throughout the site but here's a link to the 2 inch and I'll put the otheres in the pinball category tonite.
    The 2 inch ball weighs a pound.
    https://ballbaron.com/product/2-inch-chrome-steel-ball/

3 months later
    #67 6 years ago

When all you good folks change out the balls in your machines - What do you do with the old ones? If anybody has 25 balls or more and they won't be used again, send them back to me for 15 cents credit per ball. I'll knock that much off the price of new Ninjas you buy and ship them to you free. You just pay for the shipping to me and that's it.
    I have customers in the crafting world who can put those beat up old balls to use in other ways and they don't mind if the ball are scratched or dinged up.
    I should have a new and higher quality batch of Carbon Pinballs in about 2 months and I'll send up a flare when those arrive. contact me through the website if you have any questions and Thanks again to all of you out there who have helped make the Ninja 'the ball of choice'.

#69 6 years ago

To follow up on my used ball buy back offer, It's a better deal, the more balls you have. Say for instance you send back 300 balls. (pack them well as I'll only count what gets delivered) so the credit would be 15 cents X 300 or $45.00. You'll spend about 13.00 to ship via USPS Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box.
    If you buy 300 ninjas from me, the regular bulk price (300 balls) is $1.75 per ball and you add your 15 cent credit to that so your out the door price is $1.60 per ball and I cover the shipping and insurance. You guys in leagues and collectors or rebuilders will always be able to come up with a few hundred used balls, so this will be a better deal as the quantities increase. You can also use the credit against the regular Chrome ball or the Carbon when I have them in stock (by July 4th)
    A 25 ball exchange is going to be just about an even money deal except you get new balls and free shipping.
    I'm just going to make this an ongoing program which will remain in play for a while. If I decide to end it, I'll put up advance notice.
    On a side note, the 4 inch novelty ball offer that is going out with the 300 Ninja Ball purchase... Here's a photo and don't forget, you get 2 of these

IMG_0010 (resized).jpgIMG_0010 (resized).jpg

#71 6 years ago
    Quoted from rs812:

I tried an 8 character and then a 9 character password and it still wouldn’t let me set up an account.
    Oh well...

Once you're in the system, it's going to remember you anyhow but I'll see if I can get that issue addressed and simplified. Sorry you have a problem with it.

#72 6 years ago
    Quoted from DRDAVE:

Wish I saw this a few weeks back as I have a big order I am about to order.

Any time you miss out on one of the special offerings, don't feel like all is lost. Just contact me and I'll put you in the catbird seat and maybe even make you an offer that hasn't gone to the public yet. I'm alway looking for ideas to raise the excitement levels and give out some good deals.

#75 5 years ago

Having heard from 2 customers both of which I shipped pre-cleaned Ninjas to, I have decided to curtail the practice of alcohol cleaning on my end. Should the ninjas be inadvertaintly stored for a period of time ( 1 case was 8 months ) they are susceptible to corrosion just as any unused steel would be. I can't dictate how or how soon the ball is to be used, so I will afford some level of protection through delivery and receipt to help prevent this possibility. Sorry to those who experienced this and I hope I've made acceptible adjustments in these cases.
    From now on, I guess it can be nicknamed 'the slippery Ninja'.

#76 5 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

I am at work and on my mobile with pathetic wifi, could someone link me to the ninjas as well as the barons carbons as most of my games have magnets, thanks guys!

I'll have Carbon balls by late June if you can wait that long. My next incoming order will be 8 metric tons of product and I will be getting a substantial discount on price. That will be passed along to all my customers and I will maintain my margins as they are currently. The Ninja will see the major portion of the price reduction because most of the purchase was to increase that inventory and this will happen very soon. The Carbons and standard replacement ball won't be priced until they are delivered to me but you will see no unwelcome surprises there either.

#77 5 years ago

Ninja pricing just went down...starting today.

1 week later
    #79 5 years ago

Attention Ballers! A special starts tonite for the free 2-1/2 inch novelty pinball when you buy 50 Ninjas. The price on the ninjas has been lowered as well.
    Use coupon code bigball50 when you check out and don't forget to hit the apply button. ballbaron.com

#85 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gooch:

I put 50 ninjas in my cart and tried to apply the coupon but web site says I didn't meet the minimum amount spent for the bigball50 to apply?

Did you add the 2-1/2 inch ball to the order? The coupon code alone won't work - you have to add the ball so the coupon code has something to work on.

#90 5 years ago

Any players going to the SFGE in Atlanta, The Colorado Rock Mountain Showdown, Or the PinTastic Tourney, keep your eyes open. Ballbaron.com will have a presence at all three and possibley have Ninjas for sale. Look for the logo

ninja logo (resized).jpgninja logo (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #93 5 years ago
    Quoted from Robertstone0407:

So how well are the ninja chrome holding up with magnets. Most my games have magnets

If you read through this thread, you will see that some people have no issues and some see them after a short period of play. There really doesn't seem to be an explanation for the difference in results. I will have Carbon balls back in stock within the month and am working on a table top degausser about the size of a hot plate, that can be used to remove the magnetism from the Chrome balls for re-use. Keep watching ballbaron.com for inventory updates and specials.

#94 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I put a set in my MET and haven't had any issues [yet], but I've probably only put about 30 games on it since I put them in

I'd be interested in a follow-up as you rack up more plays with chrome balls. Please use the contact form on my website at ballbaron.com and thanks!

3 weeks later
    #96 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

about 50-60 games in now and I've noticed that some of the balls are starting to exhibit signs of being magnetized (remaining on the sparkey magnet when it's not energized, slow moving balls getting stuck together
    they still look incredible, so I will run them through my degauss ring and see if that takes care of the problem

Please keep me informed on the degaussing results as I have a prototype here that I'm working with as well. I am particularly interested on how long the balls remain non-magnetic after the degaussing.

1 week later
    #99 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

Just bought some for my Stargate and was very surprised. Glad I didn’t spend 17 dollars on some Silver Jets. No picture does it justice.

Thank you very much!

1 week later
    #107 5 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

Ahhh my ninja balls have been sitting in the bag they came in. Dec 2017 and Mar 2018 order. Is their an actual concern with this relatively short amount of time before I put them in some oil?

If you aren't putting them directly into a machine when you get them, then it is always a good idea to spritz a protective coating on them for storage time of any length. It's easier to clean off the oil, than the corrosion. If you run into problems, email me directly.

2 weeks later
    #109 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

about 15 games after deguassing them, some of the balls started exhibiting signs of being magnetized again

I'll be interested in your findings as you send the 15 play balls through the degaussed again. Will the lifespan be even shorter than last time? Have you tried swapping them for carbon?

#111 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I'll try and give that a whirl this week. just finishing up with a couple of other pinball projects
    I've got some brand new carbon balls from another company that I can try but I actually swapped those out to yours when I got them because they were so nice and shiny!
    worse case scenario is that I use all of the rest of the ninja balls in my RFM, seawitch, CftBL and joust

Please give me the result, whether they're ugly or not. It's only with honest up to date feedback that I can improve my product service by finding better manufacturing or offering low cost solutions to these problems.

#112 5 years ago

OK Ballers - Big Ball announcement. I'm running a special from now until the end of August so no-one should miss out.
    Buy 50 Ninjas and use coupon code 'bigball50" and you'll get a 2 inch chrome novelty ball with stand FREE
    Buy 75 Ninjas and use coupon code "bigball75" and you'll get the 2-1/2" novelty ball with stand FREE
    Buy 150 Ninjas and use coupon code "bigballs150" and you'll get both the 4 inch and 2-1/2 inch novelty balls with stands.
    I will add at least one coupon special for Carbon balls in the next few days but you'll have a whole month on that one as well.
    Please note that I am going to begin selling the stands for these balls separately. They are a lot of work to cut, camber, drill, sand and finish, so 5 bucks a piece is fair. You have to option to buy it or not and that way I don't have to raise the price on the novelty balls.
    Spread the word to all your friends - like I said, this will run the full month of August so everyone should have time to see it and take advantage.
    Anyone think I should do a Brass Ball special for the guy who has everything? I've got em.

3 months later
    #114 5 years ago

This will be some help for the early Christmas shopper. The Pinball Machine goes to the Rochester Toy Hall of Fame! To celebrate this auspicious occasion, ballbaron.com is having the "Hall of Fame Super Sale" and this was inspired by forum member gweempose.
    This will be a 10 day sale that starts now, with an 18% discount on the Ninja Ball. This is for sales of any amount and is a deeper discount than my bulk rates.
    The coupon code is Fame2018.
    Personal thanks to Brian for getting this party started.

#120 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

So what’s the consensus on the type of ball I should get with games that have magnets? Just stick with the carbon balls or the ninjas?

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

So what’s the consensus on the type of ball I should get with games that have magnets? Just stick with the carbon balls or the ninjas?

You know - I don't think there will ever be a consistent answer to that question. As you can see on this thread, some magnetic games seem to play nice with Ninjas, while others don't. I have even heard from people who had Dialed In that some had problems while others did not. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason and that can only be because the electromagnets that go into the features are not uniform in construction or number of windings or core material and I'm sure there are even more variations from different manufacturers. If you put the same ball in different machines and get different results, it can't be the ball.
    I have a thread on here for magnetic issues and hope you will all post your experiences because the more info I have, the better I can determine how to avoid the issues. The search for a solution continues.......

#121 5 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

It’s really hit or miss. I have Ninjas in IMDN, Aerosmith, and No fear with zero issues. However Dirty Harold rejected them and I had to put carbons in it.

Is there any way you can report on the brand names or manufacturers of the electromagnets in the features of the games? This is an area I want to pursue to see if the body of the magnet itself can be the variation that causes such a different result from machine to machine.

#122 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

about 15 games after deguassing them, some of the balls started exhibiting signs of being magnetized again

I know it's been a while since your post but is there a way to remove one of the magnetic features and find a manufacturer ID on the magnet itself? Would it be possible to do this on all the magnetic features on a machine that continues to magnetize the balls? I'm thinking that the strength of that magnetic field may vary from magnet to magnet and could be caused by variations in production windings or core material. If there is no standard, then the results could be all over the spectrum. Just a thought I've be spit-balling...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballbaron.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ninja-ball?tu=ballbaron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.