Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 137 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by maffewl
  • Topic is favorited by 39 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1116181939[1] (resized).jpg
    ninja logo (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180213_181210226 (resized).jpg
    IMGA0699 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0698 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0010 (resized).jpg
    IMGA0577 (resized).JPG
    There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 6 years ago

I want to personally thank everyone out there who have shown their trust with the purchase power of a large group. I knew the Samurai G-10 Ball was a winner and I am sure that by now, those of you who have received your orders, know that the Ninja Ball lives up to the same high stanrd of quality and shine as it's predecessor. Your continued feedback and commentary will help me fine-tune the business model to give you the best shiney round product available today.
    Remember also, I have the highest polish Carbon ball on the market.
    Anyway, Thank you again and I look forward to your comments as your orders arrive.
    David
    ballbaron.com

#2 6 years ago

Very timely post since I placed an order last night for 30 Ninja balls. Looking forward to trying them out.

#3 6 years ago

I use the carbon ball in my Met and they work/look great. Looking forward to getting the ninja ball.

#4 6 years ago

I just realized when I ordered a bunch of Ninjas I forgot to order carbon balls as well. Thanks for the reminder!

Do you think you'll end up getting the large novelty ball back in stock? I think it was 3" or so? I saw it while checking periodically for the Ninjas to arrive but don't see it anymore.

#5 6 years ago

Topic saved.....never know when I'll need some.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pball:

Do you think you'll end up getting the large novelty ball back in stock? I think it was 3" or so?

It's very cool to have. I got one a few months back. Neat novelty....basically a chrome pinball but about 8 times larger....heavy as hell too.

#7 6 years ago

For anyone who wants the novelty BIG pinball, I have them in 1-1/2 inch, 1-3/4 inch 2 inch and 2-1/2 inch. They are scattered throughout the site but here's a link to the 2 inch and I'll put the otheres in the pinball category tonite.
    The 2 inch ball weighs a pound.
    https://ballbaron.com/product/2-inch-chrome-steel-ball/

#8 6 years ago

Really excited to try these out!

#9 6 years ago

Ordered a bunch of the ninja balls and received them today. They look great and Ball Baron was great to work with!

#10 6 years ago

Maybe a dumb question, but what’s the shelf life of something like this? I don’t burn through balls often, but if I make a large order so they ship oiled, will they keep their luster over time?

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Maybe a dumb question, but what’s the shelf life of something like this? I don’t burn through balls often, but if I make a large order so they ship oiled, will they keep their luster over time?

Get a large container, put the balls in it, and pour over some fresh clean motor oil till they are covered. As long as the balls are completely submerged in oil they should hold their luster. I've used a 2 quart tupperware container with lid in the past, keeps dust and debris out.

#12 6 years ago

Submerging in oil makes sense.

Could smaller batches of lightly-oiled balls be vacuum sealed (e.g. in foodsaver bags) for long-term storage?

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

Get a large container, put the balls in it, and pour over some fresh clean motor oil till they are covered. As long as the balls are completely submerged in oil they should hold their luster. I've used a 2 quart tupperware container with lid in the past, keeps dust and debris out.

Same here, empty Folgers can and fresh oil.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from klr650:

Submerging in oil makes sense.
    Could smaller batches of lightly-oiled balls be vacuum sealed (e.g. in foodsaver bags) for long-term storage?

Sure... or just in the future just polish the balls again

#15 6 years ago

Has anyone had any magnetism issues with their Ninja balls in any game to date? Anecdotal reports show nobody, including those that have been using them for months, is having any problems with magnetism effects in games such as Dialed In, Star Wars, Addams Family, etc. but we want to document any games where the Ninja balls are a certain issue. Your feedback is appreciated!

#16 6 years ago

Just ordered some. I wanted to set up an account, but your website requires a 12 digit password. I can’t remember my kids’ birthdays. There is no way I would remember a 12 didgit password. Perhaps you should set the website so less digits are required.

Just my $.02

#17 6 years ago

Your password can be as long or short as you want it. WordPress recommends a 12-digit password to protect against brute force attempts but it is shown as a hint, not a requirement. You will find setting a shorter password works just fine,

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from rs812:

Just ordered some. I wanted to set up an account, but your website requires a 12 digit password. I can’t remember my kids’ birthdays. There is no way I would remember a 12 didgit password. Perhaps you should set the website so less digits are required.
    Just my $.02

Use the lastpass plugin, and auto generate passwords. Only password you'll need to remember is the master password to unlock the vault.

#19 6 years ago

Just got my order of the ninja balls and installed them in Wrath of Olympus. They look great, super shiny and no magnetism. Very nice product. Will order again.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgregb123:

Your password can be as long or short as you want it. WordPress recommends a 12-digit password to protect against brute force attempts but it is shown as a hint, not a requirement. You will find setting a shorter password works just fine,

I tried an 8 character and then a 9 character password and it still wouldn’t let me set up an account.

Oh well...

#21 6 years ago

ballbaron ships from an address about 30 minutes from me based on my first order. glad to be supporting local guys! Maybe next time I can pickup and save on shipping.

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from ballbaron:

For anyone who wants the novelty BIG pinball, I have them in 1-1/2 inch, 1-3/4 inch 2 inch and 2-1/2 inch. They are scattered throughout the site but here's a link to the 2 inch and I'll put the otheres in the pinball category tonite.
    The 2 inch ball weighs a pound.
    https://ballbaron.com/product/2-inch-chrome-steel-ball/

I ordered the Novelty 2 1/2” ball weighing in at 2lbs 4.9 oz. Pretty cool Novelty...thanks!

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgregb123:

Has anyone had any magnetism issues with their Ninja balls in any game to date? Anecdotal reports show nobody, including those that have been using them for months, is having any problems with magnetism effects in games such as Dialed In, Star Wars, Addams Family, etc. but we want to document any games where the Ninja balls are a certain issue. Your feedback is appreciated!

I put the ninja balls in my DILE. Started having trough hang up issues from magnetism after about 10 games. Switching back to carbon.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from rs812:

I put the ninja balls in my DILE. Started having trough hang up issues from magnetism after about 10 games. Switching back to carbon.

Wow, "crazy". DILE is one of the few games we have lots of feedback on but this is the first report of magnetism issues, and it seems to have happened incredibly fast for you. Thanks for the report. BTW, Pinbits sells a cheap plastic piece that goes in the trough to resolve magnetism issues, if that is the only problem area.

#25 6 years ago

Thanks! I will pick one up. I have the Ninjas in all my other pins, but only had issues with DI. I suppose the multiple magnets are of no help.

#26 6 years ago

To be honest with you I expected magnetism issues in my DILE because I have the mylar removed from both magnets and they get used so often....but so far 190 plays in with the Ninja, no magnetism yet. Let me ask you this....I know it's a weird question, but how good are you at DILE? I'm asking to try to find any differences between your DILE play and mine. If you told me you were a below average to average player, it might make sense. Reason is that balls actually LOSE magnetism via shock - striking objects, etc. So the more action the ball is involved in, the less likely you will see magnetic effects. My average score on DILE is about 2 million so my games are pretty long. MIGHT explain the lack of magnetism on my copy, I don't know. If you're kicking the game's @$$ too, then I'm off base with that guess.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgregb123:

To be honest with you I expected magnetism issues in my DILE because I have the mylar removed from both magnets and they get used so often....but so far 190 plays in with the Ninja, no magnetism

In the other thread I thought you said 350 plays on DILE

#28 6 years ago

Thanks! just ordered (3) of the Novelty Balls ... man I wish I would have seen this before Christmas. Would have been an awesome gift. Still will be.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgregb123:

To be honest with you I expected magnetism issues in my DILE because I have the mylar removed from both magnets and they get used so often....but so far 190 plays in with the Ninja, no magnetism yet. Let me ask you this....I know it's a weird question, but how good are you at DILE? I'm asking to try to find any differences between your DILE play and mine. If you told me you were a below average to average player, it might make sense. Reason is that balls actually LOSE magnetism via shock - striking objects, etc. So the more action the ball is involved in, the less likely you will see magnetic effects. My average score on DILE is about 2 million so my games are pretty long. MIGHT explain the lack of magnetism on my copy, I don't know. If you're kicking the game's @$$ too, then I'm off base with that guess.

I average around two million on three ball games with factory outlanes. I do, however, have the magnets set at maximum, so that may play into the equation.

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

In the other thread I thought you said 350 plays on DILE

I've had two DILEs. Original one I never removed the mylar from the magnets so theoretically it should be much harder for the ball to be magnetized. Had about 200 plays with the G10/Ninja balls when I swapped it. My new one has 190 or so plays as of last night, all with the mylar removed from magnet cores. Total of 390 plays so far with them across the two machines.

Quoted from rs812:

I average around two million on three ball games with factory outlanes. I do, however, have the magnets set at maximum, so that may play into the equation.

Ah, perhaps the increased magnet voltage might make a difference. But even still...in 10 games, that's fast!

1 week later
    #31 6 years ago

Hey guys - cool Pinside exclusive > FREE giant pinball when you buy some super-shiny Ninja balls.....

Buy 25 Ninja balls, get a giant 2" chrome pinball FREE (it's about 6x larger than a regular pinball by volume)
    COUPON CODE: bigball25

Buy 50 Ninja balls, get a super-giant 2.5" chrome pinball FREE (about 13x larger than a regular pinball by volume - weighs over 2lbs!)
    COUPON CODE: bigball50

Visit ballbaron.com (add the Ninja balls -and- the giant pinball to your cart, then use the coupon code)

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgregb123:

Hey guys - cool Pinside exclusive > FREE giant pinball when you buy some super-shiny Ninja balls.....
    Buy 25 Ninja balls, get a giant 2" chrome pinball FREE (it's about 6x larger than a regular pinball by volume)
    COUPON CODE: bigball25
    Buy 50 Ninja balls, get a super-giant 2.5" chrome pinball FREE (about 13x larger than a regular pinball by volume - weighs over 2lbs!)
    COUPON CODE: bigball50
    Visit ballbaron.com (add the Ninja balls -and- the giant pinball to your cart, then use the coupon code)

I just ordered 50 and the 2.5" ball, entered the code bigball50 and I didn't get the discount. Did I do something wrong?

#33 6 years ago

When you entered the code, you forgot to click the APPLY button under it. Once you do that the total changes and the coupon shows as applied.

#35 6 years ago

I just tried it and it works

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I could have sworn I did that.

Reach out to him....he's a good guy and he'll hook you up.

#37 6 years ago

I just got an email from David saying he would take care of my mistake and within half an hour he refunded me the price of the big ball. Now that's customer service. I ordered 50 Ninja balls so it might be a while till I order more but for sure I'll be back. I can't wait to get my new balls, the ones in my games need replacing. Thanks again David.

#38 6 years ago

Just got a bunch of the ninjas and wow are they shiny!

The carbon steel ones are pretty damn shiny as well.

Great seller too!

#39 6 years ago

I got balls......pinballs that is. They look GREAT. Thanks a bunch David. First game to get them is my cleaned up Jack Bot.

IMGA0577 (resized).JPGIMGA0577 (resized).JPG

#40 6 years ago

Is that big guy the 2.5"? What do you thing of it?

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgregb123:

Is that big guy the 2.5"? What do you thing of it?

Yeah 2.5". It looks great. I'd like to make some kind of rgb light up stand for it and put it on the bar. I used to play marbles with other kids when I was young, if I would have brought this to shoot with I don't think they would have let me play and besides it's way to big to hold with my finger and shoot with my thumb.

#42 6 years ago

Just ordered two sets of 25. If I do not like them, can they be melted down and injected into molds to make bada$$ rims? I will send updates soon after receipt and testing is done!

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from Speed:

Just ordered two sets of 25. If I do not like them, can they be melted down and injected into molds to make bada$$ rims? I will send updates soon after receipt and testing is done!

You've got a furnace that will get that hot?

4 weeks later
    #44 6 years ago

I tried the coupon code for the novelty ball without any luck. Is there a new coupon code? Or is that promotion done?

#45 6 years ago

It expired. Was extended twice. May return in the future...

#47 6 years ago

I wonder what is the largest bearing made?

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

I wonder what is the largest bearing made?

Here is a 5” ball - 18.44 pounds

ebay.com link: One Large 5 Inch Chrome Solid Steel Bearing Ball G100 18 44 Pounds

#49 6 years ago

I am at work and on my mobile with pathetic wifi, could someone link me to the ninjas as well as the barons carbons as most of my games have magnets, thanks guys!

There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ninja-ball?hl=jp335i and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.