Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 137 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by maffewl
  • Topic is favorited by 39 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1116181939[1] (resized).jpg
    ninja logo (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180213_181210226 (resized).jpg
    IMGA0699 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0698 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0010 (resized).jpg
    IMGA0577 (resized).JPG
    There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 5 years ago

you can coat them with a really thin layer of oil and put them back in the bag if you're worried. it's not like you've got to immerse them in a container completely filled with oil

#102 5 years ago

At the very least, keep them in a ziplock with a bunch of tissues and/or silica packets.

#103 5 years ago

I finally got around to running my magnetized ninja balls through my professional grade deguasser and that seems to have eliminated the magnetism for now. I'll let you know how many games are played before I notice it start to affect play again

#104 5 years ago

about 15 games after deguassing them, some of the balls started exhibiting signs of being magnetized again

#105 5 years ago

Wow that's all. Doesn't seem worth doing.

#106 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

you can coat them with a really thin layer of oil and put them back in the bag if you're worried. it's not like you've got to immerse them in a container completely filled with oil

Quoted from mrgregb123:

At the very least, keep them in a ziplock with a bunch of tissues and/or silica packets.

wifey had some expired vegetable oil in the pantry. Used some old pickle jars and got them soaking. They were being stored in "heavy" sealed bags. Looked great even the one that I dropped on the concrete floor...

#107 5 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

Ahhh my ninja balls have been sitting in the bag they came in. Dec 2017 and Mar 2018 order. Is their an actual concern with this relatively short amount of time before I put them in some oil?

If you aren't putting them directly into a machine when you get them, then it is always a good idea to spritz a protective coating on them for storage time of any length. It's easier to clean off the oil, than the corrosion. If you run into problems, email me directly.

#108 5 years ago
    Quoted from ballbaron:

If you aren't putting them directly into a machine when you get them, then it is always a good idea to spritz a protective coating on them for storage time of any length. It's easier to clean off the oil, than the corrosion. If you run into problems, email me directly.

Good to know. I'll have to coat mine in some motor oil then.

2 weeks later
    #109 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

about 15 games after deguassing them, some of the balls started exhibiting signs of being magnetized again

I'll be interested in your findings as you send the 15 play balls through the degaussed again. Will the lifespan be even shorter than last time? Have you tried swapping them for carbon?

#110 5 years ago
    Quoted from ballbaron:

I'll be interested in your findings as you send the 15 play balls through the degaussed again. Will the lifespan be even shorter than last time? Have you tried swapping them for carbon?

I'll try and give that a whirl this week. just finishing up with a couple of other pinball projects
    I've got some brand new carbon balls from another company that I can try but I actually swapped those out to yours when I got them because they were so nice and shiny!

worse case scenario is that I use all of the rest of the ninja balls in my RFM, seawitch, CftBL and joust

#111 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I'll try and give that a whirl this week. just finishing up with a couple of other pinball projects
    I've got some brand new carbon balls from another company that I can try but I actually swapped those out to yours when I got them because they were so nice and shiny!
    worse case scenario is that I use all of the rest of the ninja balls in my RFM, seawitch, CftBL and joust

Please give me the result, whether they're ugly or not. It's only with honest up to date feedback that I can improve my product service by finding better manufacturing or offering low cost solutions to these problems.

#112 5 years ago

OK Ballers - Big Ball announcement. I'm running a special from now until the end of August so no-one should miss out.
    Buy 50 Ninjas and use coupon code 'bigball50" and you'll get a 2 inch chrome novelty ball with stand FREE
    Buy 75 Ninjas and use coupon code "bigball75" and you'll get the 2-1/2" novelty ball with stand FREE
    Buy 150 Ninjas and use coupon code "bigballs150" and you'll get both the 4 inch and 2-1/2 inch novelty balls with stands.
    I will add at least one coupon special for Carbon balls in the next few days but you'll have a whole month on that one as well.
    Please note that I am going to begin selling the stands for these balls separately. They are a lot of work to cut, camber, drill, sand and finish, so 5 bucks a piece is fair. You have to option to buy it or not and that way I don't have to raise the price on the novelty balls.
    Spread the word to all your friends - like I said, this will run the full month of August so everyone should have time to see it and take advantage.
    Anyone think I should do a Brass Ball special for the guy who has everything? I've got em.

#113 5 years ago
    Quoted from ballbaron:

OK Ballers - Big Ball announcement. I'm running a special from now until the end of August so no-one should miss out.
    Buy 50 Ninjas and use coupon code 'bigball50" and you'll get a 2 inch chrome novelty ball with stand FREE
    Buy 75 Ninjas and use coupon code "bigball75" and you'll get the 2-1/2" novelty ball with stand FREE
    Buy 150 Ninjas and use coupon code "bigballs150" and you'll get both the 4 inch and 2-1/2 inch novelty balls with stands.
    I will add at least one coupon special for Carbon balls in the next few days but you'll have a whole month on that one as well.
    Please note that I am going to begin selling the stands for these balls separately. They are a lot of work to cut, camber, drill, sand and finish, so 5 bucks a piece is fair. You have to option to buy it or not and that way I don't have to raise the price on the novelty balls.
    Spread the word to all your friends - like I said, this will run the full month of August so everyone should have time to see it and take advantage.
    Anyone think I should do a Brass Ball special for the guy who has everything? I've got em.

Now that's a deal.

3 months later
    #114 5 years ago

This will be some help for the early Christmas shopper. The Pinball Machine goes to the Rochester Toy Hall of Fame! To celebrate this auspicious occasion, ballbaron.com is having the "Hall of Fame Super Sale" and this was inspired by forum member gweempose.
    This will be a 10 day sale that starts now, with an 18% discount on the Ninja Ball. This is for sales of any amount and is a deeper discount than my bulk rates.
    The coupon code is Fame2018.
    Personal thanks to Brian for getting this party started.

#115 5 years ago
    Quoted from ballbaron:

This will be some help for the early Christmas shopper. The Pinball Machine goes to the Rochester Toy Hall of Fame! To celebrate this auspicious occasion, ballbaron.com is having the "Hall of Fame Super Sale" and this was inspired by forum member gweempose.
    This will be a 10 day sale that starts now, with an 18% discount on the Ninja Ball. This is for sales of any amount and is a deeper discount than my bulk rates.

A big thanks to David for putting this deal together! I just ordered 76 balls. And just to clarify, the 18% off coupon code is also good for the carbon balls, not just the Ninjas. Load up while you can, guys!

#116 5 years ago

So what’s the consensus on the type of ball I should get with games that have magnets? Just stick with the carbon balls or the ninjas?

#117 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

So what’s the consensus on the type of ball I should get with games that have magnets? Just stick with the carbon balls or the ninjas?

I’d use a carbon ball, that’s the type of ball to be used with games with magnets.

#118 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

It’s really hit or miss. I have Ninjas in IMDN, Aerosmith, and No fear with zero issues. However Dirty Harold rejected them and I had to put carbons in it.

#119 5 years ago

Thank You David! Been waiting for another promo to try your wares and the timing is perfect. Really wanted to get a new set of balls in the TSPP before the holidays and the nieces and nephews giving it a work out.

#120 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

You know - I don't think there will ever be a consistent answer to that question. As you can see on this thread, some magnetic games seem to play nice with Ninjas, while others don't. I have even heard from people who had Dialed In that some had problems while others did not. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason and that can only be because the electromagnets that go into the features are not uniform in construction or number of windings or core material and I'm sure there are even more variations from different manufacturers. If you put the same ball in different machines and get different results, it can't be the ball.
    I have a thread on here for magnetic issues and hope you will all post your experiences because the more info I have, the better I can determine how to avoid the issues. The search for a solution continues.......

#121 5 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

It’s really hit or miss. I have Ninjas in IMDN, Aerosmith, and No fear with zero issues. However Dirty Harold rejected them and I had to put carbons in it.

Is there any way you can report on the brand names or manufacturers of the electromagnets in the features of the games? This is an area I want to pursue to see if the body of the magnet itself can be the variation that causes such a different result from machine to machine.

#122 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I know it's been a while since your post but is there a way to remove one of the magnetic features and find a manufacturer ID on the magnet itself? Would it be possible to do this on all the magnetic features on a machine that continues to magnetize the balls? I'm thinking that the strength of that magnetic field may vary from magnet to magnet and could be caused by variations in production windings or core material. If there is no standard, then the results could be all over the spectrum. Just a thought I've be spit-balling...

#123 5 years ago
    Quoted from ballbaron:

I know it's been a while since your post but is there a way to remove one of the magnetic features and find a manufacturer ID on the magnet itself? Would it be possible to do this on all the magnetic features on a machine that continues to magnetize the balls? I'm thinking that the strength of that magnetic field may vary from magnet to magnet and could be caused by variations in production windings or core material. If there is no standard, then the results could be all over the spectrum. Just a thought I've be spit-balling...

if I get a chance, I'll look at the sparky magnet and try and get you the info. since that magnet is the one triggered the most in the game, it's probably the culprit

#124 5 years ago
    Quoted from ballbaron:

I know it's been a while since your post but is there a way to remove one of the magnetic features and find a manufacturer ID on the magnet itself?

Not exactly how it works. The "magnet" is a non-magnetized solid steel core inserted inside a copper-wound coil produced by whomever made the game, Stern, JJP or WMS. It's very doubtful that the same game would have manufacturing tolerances in the coil beyond a couple percent, and that would not affect the ball getting magnetized much quicker or slower than normal.

Remember, every magnetized ball report is anecdotal and there is no evidence via a controlled test that a Ninja ball can get magnetized as quickly as some have said. I wouldn't waste your time on it.

#125 5 years ago
    Quoted from ballbaron:

To celebrate this auspicious occasion, ballbaron.com is having the "Hall of Fame Super Sale" and this was inspired by forum member gweempose.
    The coupon code is Fame2018.
    Personal thanks to Brian for getting this party started.

Ordered 40 Ninjas. I'm looking forward to putting these shiny beauties out on route. Thanks @ballbaron!

#126 5 years ago

Balls!
    5 day turn around? Hell, yeah.
    Thank you, David!

1116181939[1] (resized).jpg1116181939[1] (resized).jpg
    #127 5 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

And just to clarify, the 18% off coupon code is also good for the carbon balls, not just the Ninjas.

Hmm, says out of stock?

#128 5 years ago
    Quoted from Strohz:

Hmm, says out of stock?

Contact David directly. I'm sure he can give you some kind of "rain check". I just received a bunch of Ninjas in the mail today and they look great! Even the carbon balls look really nice.

#129 5 years ago
    Quoted from Strohz:

Hmm, says out of stock?

They are now listed in stock again. David contacted me to let me know it was an inventory update issue with his website.

2 weeks later
    #130 5 years ago

Getting close to Christmas (or Festivus). I’m certain my wife would like a whole bunch of new Ninjas for my games. But keep that a secret! Any coupon codes from SantaBaron coming up? Lol

1 week later
    #131 5 years ago

We are working with David to offer a sale on our site this month for the Ninja's. 15% off for those interested.(mezelmods.com)

Our site does not easily accommodate the USPS Flate Rate shipping options so we are refunding the difference in shipping costs at the time of shipment. Our flate rate for a small box is $7.50. In any situation where the actual vs. the charged shipping is different, we will issue a refund.

Email with questions [email protected] (I don't answer Pinside mail)

1 year later
    #132 3 years ago

How do Ninja balls hold up? This post was started 2 years ago. Thanks for feed back!

7 months later
    #133 2 years ago

they are fantastic in games that don't have magnets and hold up very well.

1 month later
    #134 2 years ago

I’m very happy. You right about Nonmagnetic Games only. Balls sticking together in My Shadow.

7 months later
    #135 2 years ago

Is there a way to tell ninja balls from standard? Im afraid I’ve gotten my stash mixed up and can’t tell which are which and am looking to out some new balls into a game with a magnet.

#136 2 years ago

The Ninja balls will be way more shiny. Use the duller balls (Polaris for magnet games).

Quoted from maffewl:

Is there a way to tell ninja balls from standard? Im afraid I’ve gotten my stash mixed up and can’t tell which are which and am looking to out some new balls into a game with a magnet.

#137 2 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

The Ninja balls will be way more shiny. Use the duller balls (Polaris for magnet games).

I polish all my balls so they look the same. Is there a way to test with a magnet or something of that nature to confirm 100%?

There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ninja-ball/page/3?hl=ballbaron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.