IMG_5916 (resized).JPG
IMG_5913 (resized).JPG
DSCF3180-Edit (resized).jpg
IMG_5915 (resized).JPG
IMG_5911 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 12.43.38 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 12.40.54 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 2.21.45 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 3 years ago

Like some letter bold some not...or half bold.

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from A_Bord:

Ah, much easier to see now why there are some art problems!

I agreed at first, but actually it's even worse because it's obviously painted/touched up that to take that as a final product is mind blowing.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It is not much different than when Catacomb was released with incorrect color of inserts. You work with what you have...

You are correct, it's just as bad.

Quoted from cottonm4:

...You work with what you have.... Why the vitriol?

That's the 'take it or leave it attitude,' if it were me I would look at more than 1 PF which seems to be a common issue in recreation.
As for me I have 'vitriol' *puke in my mouth a bit*. I'm happy he is making them and looking forward to peeps getting brand new PFs and we can all be happy. I'm not one of these folks that pisses and moans that the colors are slightly off or anything, but you have to get the main parts correct, Text, missing text, wrong insert colors etc.
I might wait till wave 2 with the 'new clear mix."

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

I guess I missed this discussion, what is the "new clear mix"?

I guess it was on the latest Kenada.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mirco-quality-control-procedures

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I would to, if I had another play field.
How many have 2 or 3 Nine Ball play fields, ....

Well there's a larger issue of having a PF to scan and being able to look at other PFs. Let's go back to Catacomb; have you ever seen one with 2 purple inserts? Has anyone other than CPR? Nope...oh well "that's all we had to work with!" That really doesn;t make a lot of sense, it means they could have done more research but didn't.

IF I got a PF with the entire "Shoot Again" that was touched up, and I thought that's what happened here please correct me if I'm wrong, I would probably be looking around for help with what it's supposed to look like; seems logical right? I mean it seems like that's possible since that's what's going on right now.

I'm only commenting on the big things not auto tracing or whatever that talk is aboot...Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to play my 2 purple insert Catacomb now

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

This is a scan of my NB. What am supposed to be seeing? I see some squiggly stuff inside that Zero, but that is factory. Other than this, I am having a hard time seeing anything wrong there...

Cotton, we're all happy and pleased Mirco is making PFs, but without critiquing them correctly and pointing of obvious defects we get a poorer product than we should.

4 weeks later
#165 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If the vendor doesn't want to let the community see the art until it's already committed to wood and too late to fix, when the community will proof it FOR FREE, how does that make any sense, especially at $800 and up a pop?

Well because it doesn't matter, and they don't need to. Also, I don't think any Playfield Maker does this and they don;t seem to be hurting for orders/monies.

Quoted from PinMonk:

It doesn't have to be this way, and he'd be getting the help FOR FREE, so cost isn't the issue, either.

Totally agree. Also I can understand not wanting to do something by committee; especially with Pinball people. And again, because you don't have to.

#170 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Peter does.....

Don;t know whom he is but looks like we have 1!

3 weeks later
#183 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Where the hell are all the Debbie Downers? Some of you were real quick to drag Mirco thru the keyhole on the Nine Ball play field. We get a good one and now it is total silence.

Funny, I was wondering when you were going to come around and thank all the complainers for helping mirco fix all his mistakes

#203 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I see nothing wrong with the rack of balls and I am a buyer of this play field shortly.

You've never seen anything wrong the entire time, nor cared, so for the life of me I have no idea why this keeps going.
You are positive you are right, they are positive of the same thing. Over & over again everyone banging their head into a wall.

Now, agreed this happens literally 100 times a day on pinside so no big deal. BUT I know everyone here are actually level headed folks so the whole thing is confusing.

#214 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I beg to differ Lawman. Other than for a few of these posts that were very helpful, there are about 4 pages of pinside talk...

Well I didn't mean WhySnow or Vireland....they're "Special caes."

#233 3 years ago

For Catacomb The incorrect insert colors were easy to spot

#243 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Don't Mirco's clears need to cure like others?

Yeah I'd like to hear this as well. Def way too early IF it were a CPR

#245 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Action like that seems to me it is from lack of adhesion, cured or not---but it is just a guess.

Well if we've learned anything it's that every single thing involving clear coating is just someone's opinion.

#271 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

IMO, the bad rack of balls could be excusable considering the condition of donor play field, but missing text like this is weak and is absolutely poor QC.

So that's both Mirco & CPR that have mixed obvious patches of text on a PF for Classic Sterns

I get some people think we should kiss their ass becasue we're getting something out of it...but jesus christ come on this isn't a color tint recreated from a smoke, sunlight, & old balls damage; it's large text!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nine-ball-repro-mircoplayfield-and-plastic-set-available?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.