IMG_5916 (resized).JPG
IMG_5913 (resized).JPG
DSCF3180-Edit (resized).jpg
IMG_5915 (resized).JPG
IMG_5911 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 12.43.38 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 12.40.54 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 2.21.45 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mof.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 3 years ago

Thanks for making this PF for us.

I only looked at your pics for 5 seconds -- I haven't given them a complete QC review -- since I'm not on the payroll.

"shoot again" is using mis-matched fonts -- this stood out right away as a glaring mistake.

As you know, this area of the playfield is by far, the most critical area that must look good, since of course that's where the player's focus is the most)

I mean these are things "anyone" with artistic talent, can see in seconds. It's a "feel" thing. I didn't need to see the original to know this was quite wrong.

-mof
mirco-shoot-again-nine-ball (resized).pngmirco-shoot-again-nine-ball (resized).png

#23 3 years ago

In ten minutes, I can see three more glaring errors on just the lower playfield.
Again, I'm not on the QC team.
I'm sure he'll find and correct them all, they are obvious.

Hard Pass on this version of the playfield.

I look forward to seeing the next revision...
-mof

#61 3 years ago

I'm a teach a guy to fish kinda guy:

Step 1. Grab pics from ipdb (from more than one game) and sources on pinside.
Step 2. Grab pics from proposed "ready" playfield (place them side by side)
Step 3. Relax and Play "Spot the difference"
Step 4. Take time to make screen shots, annotations, and write up your notes

Enjoy!
-mof

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

semantic games

Well done, super sleuths Vireland and Coyote.

Keep going!

Gone, Fishin' !
-mof

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I called them orange "icicles."

Vireland did a big no-no in using a bulleted or numbered list, he used the word "AND" and did a two-for-one clause. So His design approach led you to miss it. But in fact, it is there.

I'm busy running a QC check on the rest of his post, gimme a few hours.

mof

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

My god, you got the gift!

He even included the red "shadow" lower right on the other two balls.
-mof

1 week later
#116 3 years ago

Also -- ensure that all "help text" is very readable.

Last time I looked, the tex† above each inlane were not the same -- the right inlane was more faded (or thinner) than the left.

-mof

#120 3 years ago

Sorry I was using software lingo.

Should have said:

Text-based Instructions.

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

printing the 6 and 7 balls in their real solid colors

Not just that, but a *real* artist should clean up the (original art) left lightning to match the right. The left side has all kinds of problems. Not to mention the 9-ball left-edge having a black radius line OVER the foreground lightning (uggg).

-mof

2 weeks later
#137 3 years ago

It looks like the first set of pics is still up on the web site -- we are still wondering when we can see a complete set of the latest update?
https://mircoplayfields.com/en/p/nine-ball-mirco-playfield

#167 3 years ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

stop badgering folks

I sure hope the old lady that did this restoration was not badgered in any way.

resto-fail (resized).jpgresto-fail (resized).jpg

#168 3 years ago

Kindly please note: it's not comfortable for some people to speak up and let a vendor know that they released something with mistakes (of any sort) AFTER the purchase. Not everyone feels free to complain, even when they know they are in the right. Some people "swallow" the 95% solution out of avoiding confrontation with the seller.

For example, someone had to inform that old lady that she didn't quite nail the landing on that painting restoration (above) -- but obviously the feedback didn't come soon enough to stop the fiasco in the first place. Clearly she wasn't asking for feedback... It's not always a comfortable situation. I'm sure people appreciate that she had good intentions.

-mof

3 weeks later
#182 3 years ago

I'm looking forward to seeing a deck of updated closeup photos that are high rez, and dead square above the playfield, so another round of side-by-side comparisons can be made. He still has the "rough draft" off-kilter version pictures up there on what's "currently for sale" on his site...

These photos could come from him or an early customer.

-mof

#191 3 years ago

It's definitely getting closer! I hope he keeps iterating until it's as good as he can get it.

(grabbed a close up from these pinside pics -- they are more helpful than the ipdb low rez pics)
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/nine-ball/gallery

Gave just the (rack section) a looksie. I'm only seeing 5 issues left with that area of the playfield, AGAIN, no idea what's happening in the rest of the playfield, have not seen better pictures of the art to compare.

EXPECT
magenta 4 ball
bright candy apple red 3 ball
red lense for 3 ball
red lense for 8 ball
no black radius line cutting through the lightning on left

ACTUAL
orange-red 4 ball
orange-red 3 ball
orange lense for 3 ball
orange lense for 8 ball
radius line cuts through the lightning on two bolts

-mof
mirco-getting-art-closer-feb3-2021- (resized).pngmirco-getting-art-closer-feb3-2021- (resized).pngside-by-side (resized).pngside-by-side (resized).png

#197 3 years ago

So there are now 3 shipping versions now ?

1. "shoot again" version
2. keyline left lightning version
3. no keyline at all version

When someone orders, how are you supposed to know which version are going to get ?

#198 3 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

room lighting

The 3 ball looks closer to correct, in the better lighting
I'm more concerned with the maroon ball on left -- it needs to be violet/purple.
Lenses should be red x2
Fix the lightning.

Then when the "rack" is done -- let's get better pics of the rest of the PF

#204 3 years ago

Highclasspinball can we ask you to kindly please post high-res close-up photos of each section of version-3 of the nine-ball playfield in natural light.

thanks!
mof

#215 3 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to review comments.

Quoted from metallik:

- The insert lenses for 3 and 8 balls on my existing playfield in the game are translucent orange.

Are they translucent orange or opaque orange on the repro?

-mof

#216 3 years ago

DuffysArcade These pics are VERY helpful. If we had a more complete set like this -- we could be more helpful to Highclasspinball

S + H in "SPINNER" and "HIGHEST" should not have overlap -- they need to pop off the background

O in "COLLECT" appears to be bad touch-up and is rotated to the right 20 degrees or so (honestly all these letters could use some art clean-up)

0 (zero) in '3000' has a printing error or an art error, can't tell

0 or just a print error (resized).png0 or just a print error (resized).png
S and H (resized).pngS and H (resized).png
touch-up O (resized).pngtouch-up O (resized).png

#239 3 years ago

So sorry to see this.

I sent the pic to Cliffy to learn more.

#248 3 years ago

Now I gotta go look up "champfer" ... champfer.

It says: "To earn a title for a limited period of time in a sport."

"He was champfer a day, then his opponent earned the title back in their rematch."

Crazy, had never even heard the word before.

#250 3 years ago

Cliffy hasn't built this one yet.
Someone would have to get a nine-ball playfield to him.

-mof

#260 3 years ago

That's a neat version of the PF
I'm seeing much more use of violet in the super bonus area AND the horseshoe area than in other versions of the original PF pics online.

Even the S+H area was improved to not have black spikes through the letters
S+H (resized).pngS+H (resized).png

#261 3 years ago

Highclasspinball - we would greatly appreciate a dozen high res close ups of the entire playfield in natural light. We want to help version 4 be as QC'd by the public as possible.

Missing "spot all numbers" in the red area on left

spot-all-numbers (resized).pngspot-all-numbers (resized).png

#264 3 years ago

I wish your PF had been the donor, for sure!

#273 3 years ago

Please keep those NOS pics coming -- it really helps with QC'ing

@highclasspinball: white 173 should be on top of all violet and blue marks (final layer)
-mof

173-NOS-and-Mirco (resized).png173-NOS-and-Mirco (resized).png

#274 3 years ago

Please keep those NOS pics coming -- it really helps with QC'ing

@highclasspinball: yellow objects (12 or more mistakes shown here) need priority foreground yellow color over background blue and violet.

Again, you don't need to see the NOS version to know these are mistakes. Any artist can detect these problems with a little time and focus. The balls are not all circular. The stars have "bites" taken out of a few of them. There are lines over-lapping some of the yellow "balls"

-mof

173-mirco-YELLOW (resized).jpg173-mirco-YELLOW (resized).jpg

#276 3 years ago

nope, we just need a full reference set. if it's 9 or 12 or 20 pics -- I'm not familiar with what pinside is allowing for top MB size and what that res turns out to be. I won't ask you to take all the plastics off, but of course that's the ideal =)

I am curious about top left above the saucer, that red area and how it terminates. It's hiding under the plastic I think.

In short, the ipdb set S T I N K S for nine ball.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mof.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nine-ball-repro-mircoplayfield-and-plastic-set-available?tu=mof and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.