IMG_5916 (resized).JPG
IMG_5913 (resized).JPG
DSCF3180-Edit (resized).jpg
IMG_5915 (resized).JPG
IMG_5911 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 12.43.38 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 12.40.54 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 2.21.45 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Everybody else, the only flaws I see are what you all put up.

I did not see it mentioned, but the insides of the "0" in the "77,000".

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from Highclasspinball:

As the print file does not use any vectors at all - this is simply WRONG.
Regards,
Mirco

While that may be true, it doesn't mean the file wasn't EVER vectorized.
You can very easily go from vector back to raster. Raster scan, easy-trace, back to raster.

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

can you be a little more specific? What's wrong? And where?

I am really.. surprised and confused that some people can't see this. It stuck out to me like a sore thumb. (Sorry for lower quality, I don't have original/new PFs to take pictures, I cropped these from a previously-posted image.)
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can play all the semantic games you want, but SOME KIND of automated process was used on the art. The thickened black lines are a dead giveaway.
Here's only the problems with the 9 ball itself - one small area of the playfield:
1> The fine detail of the black shading is melded into a giant black blob on yours. This is a HALLMARK of autotrace or SIMILAR plugins. This WAS NOT DONE BY HAND unless the person was blind. Also when it gets too fine at the top end, yours just omits the shading entirely. The angular "icicles" at the top end of your shading blob also don't look anything like the original.
2> The fine shading detail at the top of the ball is just missing on yours. Also the orange "icicles" are just totally different on yours by this area.
3> The inner circle around the 9 is wrong on yours and the 9 is too thick at the back and hook at the bottom front.
4> The "shine" white detail is too angular on yours.
5> The yellow band stops abruptly too soon on yours. It descends well below the outer 9 circle on the original.
6> The shine blob detail on the original has a more complicated shape than the one on yours.
[quoted image]

F*ck, you didn't even point out the biggest difference... (Circled in green..)

Edit:
And the flames on the opposite side, and the placement of the insert keyline in the bottom left of the 9ball...

#74 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I did, I called them orange "icicles." Called them out on both sides on different numbers. Guess I should have called them lightning or flames, but they were pointy at the ball, like icicles, so that's what they became.

OH! I saw that was assimed the 'icicles' was the uneven yellow/white reflective. My bad! Accept my apologies.

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

[quoted image]
This is a scan of my NB. What am supposed to be seeing? I see some squiggly stuff inside that Zero, but that is factory. Other than this, I am having a hard time seeing anything wrong there. And I have never been any good at guessing games. So surprise me.
[quoted image]

Holy hell dude, I seriously hope you never QC artwork. Or anything going to print.

I mean, I admit, my eyes aren't that good anymore, but I've never had them see things that weren't there. If someone else can back me up - I'm seriously starting to wonder if I'm in the Twilight Zone...

I blew it up 500% and circled the two very obvious (to me) and plain differences. The OEM one matches YOUR OEM one in fact, so I'm surprised you are having such an issue seeing it.

Edit to add: Pardon my photoshop skills. I do not art. I have live-traced in Illustrator, but can't do anything by hand to save my effin' life.

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This is a remake done in less than an hour, from scratch. It's not an issue of bad art, it's an issue of bad/lazy artist.
EDIT: Looking at that source playfield SOME of these errors were from the bad touchup donor playfield, but not all of them. Also, great example of why turning the art to the community before running them is a good idea.
[quoted image]

Fix the lower left insert keyline, and you're a god.

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

John, if there is a game you want to do and can get it done in a reasonable timeline then I would just make it public and ensure everyone knows.
The community will support you if you let everyone know and you also can get it out the door in a decent time. If one of the big guys comes in over the top of you then it looks bad for them and others know the quality of your product. You will lose a few people, but many will wait and support you.
Jmho

This.

3 weeks later
#148 3 years ago

Because the image is fixed and this will be the final version.

You've said this the last fifteen times, and there was always another error or art missing.

#162 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Oh, so you got a little side deal going on with Mirco? Because what you are talking is news to me.

Believe it or not - unless you ARE Mirco - he can do things without telling you.

For some reason, your attitude in this thread has been very standoffish, which seems unusual for you. Especially when - as far as I can see - folks are only trying to help. Save when idiot comments are made that have to be replied to. *cough*

#169 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Also, I don't think any Playfield Maker does this and they don;t seem to be hurting for orders/monies.

Peter does. Sometime soon I'm going to be getting his Roadshow art to go over and look for issues before he goes to printing.

#174 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Who is the Peter?

His site lives here:
http://www.buthamburg.de/

2 weeks later
#184 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Where the hell are all the Debbie Downers?

If you're going to be a nuisance about it, show us come closeup pics of the artwork.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Funny, I was wondering when you were going to come around and thank all the complainers for helping mirco fix all his mistakes

+1

#201 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Where the hell are all the Debbie Downers? Some of you were real quick to drag Mirco thru the keyhole on the Nine Ball play field. We get a good one and now it is total silence.

Quoted from cottonm4:

It's a little late for worrying about that now, isn't it?

I am amused at how you come out and call us out to find more issues, and then when we do, dismiss them.

Like mof said - if we had SEEN full and better quality pictures of the whole field to begin with, we could have pointed out things that could be touched up that we couldn't see before..

#235 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No idea what CPR was thinking. CPR is welcome to crowd check their art, too.

Sadly, after the METEOR playfield and backglasses, it's obvious they have no QC in art. Scan, vectorize, and print.

#241 3 years ago

Don't Mirco's clears need to cure like others?

#282 3 years ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

Chipping of the clearcoat is now also appearing at the rear single drop target. I didn't get a picture before I took a razor knife and cleaned up the front edge a bit. Before installing anything on the playfield, I should have made a small bevel around all of the holes and slots. The edges are so sharp, he must have cleared it first, before milling out the holes and slots.
My aim here is just to be transparent about what I see.
BTW: Does anyone know where I could find a replacement red target? Mine was pretty worn, so I sanded it down to bare aluminum and have thought of painting it, but if a new one if available that would be great too.
[quoted image]

Holy crap, that text. What is with the 'E' in 'COLLECT'?

4 months later
#306 2 years ago

I use the exact same color mix on the printer for the plastics and the playfield.

Yah, you can't really do this if the plastics are going to be lit up from behind. Light will affect this greatly. 2 layers may help, but may also need more than that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nine-ball-repro-mircoplayfield-and-plastic-set-available?tu=Coyote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.