Topic Stats

• 174 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by Coyote
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 46 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

resto-fail (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 5.08.44 PM (resized).png
9Ball_Mirco2 (resized).png
korrektur für pinside (resized).png
20201221_181622 (resized).jpg
20201221_181655 (resized).jpg
20201221_181523 (resized).jpg
20201221_181513 (resized).jpg
20201221_181617 (resized).jpg
20201221_181609 (resized).jpg
20201221_170502 (resized).jpg
IMG_5269 (resized).JPG
IMG_5268 (resized).JPG
Nine-Ball-Compare-fixed.jpg
c0569244640d218484f2cd51f87d4062efa1f992-1.png (resized).jpg
d7e07f38680134b450960bd4728e8454bf3c406c (resized).jpg

There are 174 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 16 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

This thread has sat idle for 2 weeks. That is plenty of time for anybody to go over the pics that Mirco first put up and look for any additional errors. Where have you been in the last 2 weeks?

If you'll recall, I did go through the ball area and showed how the 9 ball itself that was a MESS could be completely fixed in less than 60 minutes with a new version I made and posted.

That said, I'm not going through a hodge-podge collection of pictures from random angles to pick out issues. Mirco only has to post ONE picture of the SOURCE ART to have it checked. He hasn't done that, for reasons NO ONE understands. It's moronic.

ALL he has to do is print a SINGLE post (maybe 2 if it's too tall) of the source art he thinks is final to be inspected by the community. Errors will be found. None of this off-angle, upside-down, sideways crap of real-life, already printed defective playfield photos. We're trying to SAVE HIM THE TROUBLE of printing bad playfields by CORRECTING THE SOURCE ART before a single playfield is printed - for FREE. The least he can do is respect our time by posting source art to check instead of random photos.

Quoted from cottonm4:

And since you said earlier that you are not going to buy one and have no dog in this fight, why would you even be interested at all? You do not own a Nine Ball and do not have one on your wish list. With your one pinball machine, why are you here?

Because IF we can get the benefit of doing this RIGHT through Mirco's thick skull NOW, then when he has a playfield I WANT, we won't have these ridiculous issues.

And I've owned and will own more pins than you've ever touched. Just because I'm a recovering pinaholic and have limited myself to a maximum of two pins at a time now doesn't mean my cumulative pin ownership doesn't destroy yours. Nice try with the shade, but your tree is bare.

#152 15 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

If you'll recall, I did go through the ball area and showed how the 9 ball itself that was a MESS could be completely fixed in less than 60 minutes with a new version I made and posted.

I recall and you did an exceptional job.

Quoted from vireland:

That said, I'm not going through a hodge-podge collection of pictures from random angles to pick out issues. Mirco only has to post ONE picture of the SOURCE ART to have it checked. He hasn't done that, for reasons NO ONE understands. It's moronic.
ALL he has to do is print a SINGLE post (maybe 2 if it's too tall) of the source art he thinks is final to be inspected by the community. Errors will be found. None of this off-angle, upside-down, sideways crap of real-life, already printed defective playfield photos. We're trying to SAVE HIM THE TROUBLE of printing bad playfields by CORRECTING THE SOURCE ART before a single playfield is printed - for FREE. The least he can do is respect our time by posting source art to check instead of random photos.

I bought one of Mirco's Quicksilver play fields. It was spot on with 2 exceptions. The donor play field he worked from had been restored with black paint instead of factory dark green. The proper green color was still living under the pop bumper mylars. Mirco got the the dark green color correct based on what was under those mylars.

However, with the restored play filed being painted black there were a couple of details that got missed.

1) The first Quicksilver play fields Mirco produced did not have any black keylines around the two star rollovers. I pointed that out on the Quicksilver thread and Mirco made the needed corrections and now the rollovers have the needed black lines.

2) I never mentioned the 2nd flaw with anybody. There is a name in cursive writing. The name is printed in black. Once again, the donor play field had been painted black and the black writing was hidden. Anybody walking up to a Quicksilver for some play action will never notice that some writing is missing.

You can blame me if you want for Mirco's first attempt. I was the one who made the introduction. I did not see the art work had been corrected by some 3rd rate artist. I regret not seeing this from looking at the donor play field. I had of noticed this touch up was crap I could have scanned my Nine Ball and sent Mirco some scans before he ever got started.

Now that Mirco has been advised of the flaws way back on page one by you and others, and with the scans that were sent to him, I'm willing to bet we are going to see a nice looking Nine Ball play field.

I also know this. From owning a Quicksilver repro play field and looking at Mirco's pictures of the flawed art work on Nine Ball, I am highly confident that the colors are going to be a real close match to the original colors. I really hate it when a play field I spend good money on finally arrives and the colors are 3 or 4 shades off because now I have to modify all of my colors to match the new play field.

#153 15 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Anybody walking up to a Quicksilver for some play action will never notice that some writing is missing.
You can blame me if you want for Mirco's first attempt. I was the one who made the introduction. I did not see the art work had been corrected by some 3rd rate artist. I regret not seeing this from looking at the donor play field. I had of noticed this touch up was crap I could have scanned my Nine Ball and sent Mirco some scans before he ever got started.

Thank you for making my point. IF MIRCO HAD POSTED THE PLAYFIELD ART SOURCE FILE (at a reduced resolution) BEFORE RUNNING IT you and many others would have noticed he copied a "crap" touchup and saved the problem of re-running them.

Same on your quicksilver story. If he had posted it in advance the chance that the writing missing could have been caught is GREATLY increased.

There's no downside to letting the community pre-check the "finished" art before running it so mistakes can be caught and fixed all at once.

THAT'S the point. Thank you for helping reinforce it with your Nine Ball and quicksilver stories. Do I think Mirco will get it and change? No. He'll keep cranking out flawed playfields for no good reason when everyone's here willing to help him do it right the first time. Do I understand that? Nope.

#154 15 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Neither of you own a Nine Ball. You don't have a Nine Ball in your wishlist. Why are you so concerned about this?
BTW: Your little red hearts have turned gray. Time to pony up, boys.

So Mirco only produces playfields for Nine Ball???? Think about the bigger picture!

#155 15 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

So Mirco only produces playfields for Nine Ball???? Think about the bigger picture!

This is a Nine Ball Repro play field thread. I'll get interested in other items on other threads. If you want to talk about a bigger picture, why don't you start a thread for that instead of mudding up the Nine Ball thread? OTOH, Mirco said he is going to print, so this thread is done.

But why don't we save this thread for when the NB play fields start arriving and everybody can start picking their NB play fields apart?

#156 15 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

This is a Nine Ball Repro play field thread. I'll get interested in other items on other threads. If you want to talk about a bigger picture, why don't you start a thread for that instead of mudding up the Nine Ball thread? OTOH, Mirco said he is going to print, so this thread is done.
But why don't we save this thread for when the NB play fields start arriving and everybody can start picking their NB play fields apart?

And, BTW, unless he corrected it last night when I pointed it out, the new "fixed" 9 ball version he sent me photos of still has errors (at least one of which was pointed out by me weeks ago).

#157 14 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

All good cotton. Wasn't looking to ruin your thread or upset ya. Just as someone that does playfield swaps and has had Mirco playfields always interested in seeing/hearing whether or not he has improved his quality. It still seems he's concerned with, as stated, quantity over quality. Going forward I will visit this post to see what happens with 9ball but wont post. Have a good one!

#158 14 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

And, BTW, unless he corrected it last night when I pointed it out, the new "fixed" 9 ball version he sent me photos of still has errors (at least one of which was pointed out by me weeks ago).

Oh, so you got a little side deal going on with Mirco? Because what you are talking is news to me.

#159 14 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Oh, so you got a little side deal going on with Mirco? Because what you are talking is news to me.

He sent me the pics, unprompted, out of the blue. They're the new run and at least one obvious mistake I already called out (and fixed with my 9 ball demo weeks ago) is still present. But again, he sent me pics, not source art, and there was extreme glare on two of them. Useless. Again. I said errors were still present and left it at that. I'm not going out of my way with his "my way or the heighway" attitude when I and others are just trying to help him make the best possible repros.

I really don't think he cares to get repros right, just wants to get them done. When he rejects FREE, accurate proofing by the community, that's the only conclusion I can arrive at.

#160 14 days ago

He still does not contact me after the Classic Stern Fiasco. Looking to do Big Game if the stars align, unless he or CPR has it in the works. So Mirco the communication channel is available to you to use, or likely not.

#161 14 days ago

Trust me. CPR has told me many times they have no intention of making Big Game. Mirco didn’t seem against it, just said he was too busy.

#162 14 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Believe it or not - unless you ARE Mirco - he can do things without telling you.

For some reason, your attitude in this thread has been very standoffish, which seems unusual for you. Especially when - as far as I can see - folks are only trying to help. Save when idiot comments are made that have to be replied to. *cough*

#163 14 days ago

This thread is so disappointing. No replacement playfield options for 41 years...people work on it for months, then when one is finally available it results in constant complaints and ridicule for the company responsible for it all.

If the repro is only 98% accurate, so what? It is still just a repro. Not original. If you want 100% true to the original then keep your existing playfield in your machine and stop badgering folks.

#164 14 days ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

This thread is so disappointing. No replacement playfield options for 41 years...people work on it for months, then when one is finally available it results in constant complaints and ridicule for the company responsible for it all.
If the repro is only 98% accurate, so what? It is still just a repro. Not original. If you want 100% true to the original then keep your existing playfield in your machine and stop badgering folks.

If the vendor doesn't want to let the community see the art until it's already committed to wood and too late to fix, when the community will proof it FOR FREE, how does that make any sense, especially at $800 and up a pop? People are ready to HELP Mirco ship the best repros, and he constantly has shown he prefers to ship wrong playfields, then maybe partially fix the errors and run again. How is that good for anyone, including Mirco?

It doesn't have to be this way, and he'd be getting the help FOR FREE, so cost isn't the issue, either.

#165 13 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

If the vendor doesn't want to let the community see the art until it's already committed to wood and too late to fix, when the community will proof it FOR FREE, how does that make any sense, especially at $800 and up a pop?

Well because it doesn't matter, and they don't need to. Also, I don't think any Playfield Maker does this and they don;t seem to be hurting for orders/monies.

Quoted from vireland:

It doesn't have to be this way, and he'd be getting the help FOR FREE, so cost isn't the issue, either.

Totally agree. Also I can understand not wanting to do something by committee; especially with Pinball people. And again, because you don't have to.

#166 13 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Totally agree. Also I can understand not wanting to do something by committee; especially with Pinball people. And again, because you don't have to.

But it's not "by committee," which implies some degree of approval from the community required.

It's community PROOFING, consolidated to a list of flaws and mistakes, which Mirco can then act on or ignore, point by point. It's basically a free road map to issues BEFORE the art is committed to wood.

And since he hasn't tried it, he has no idea whether the results of that process are better. I posit that they would be.

#167 13 days ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

stop badgering folks

I sure hope the old lady that did this restoration was not badgered in any way.

resto-fail (resized).jpg

#168 13 days ago

Kindly please note: it's not comfortable for some people to speak up and let a vendor know that they released something with mistakes (of any sort) AFTER the purchase. Not everyone feels free to complain, even when they know they are in the right. Some people "swallow" the 95% solution out of avoiding confrontation with the seller.

For example, someone had to inform that old lady that she didn't quite nail the landing on that painting restoration -- but obviously the feedback didn't come soon enough to stop the fiasco in the first place. Clearly she wasn't asking for feedback... It's not always a comfortable situation. I'm sure people appreciate that she had good intentions.

-mof

#169 13 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Also, I don't think any Playfield Maker does this and they don;t seem to be hurting for orders/monies.

Peter does. Sometime soon I'm going to be getting his Roadshow art to go over and look for issues before he goes to printing.

#170 13 days ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Peter does.....

Don;t know whom he is but looks like we have 1!

#171 13 days ago

Who is the Peter?

#172 13 days ago
Quoted from mof:

Who is the Peter?

dunno

#174 13 days ago
Quoted from mof:

Who is the Peter?

His site lives here:
http://www.buthamburg.de/

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 4.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
$ 52.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
There are 174 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside