IMG_5916 (resized).JPG
IMG_5913 (resized).JPG
DSCF3180-Edit (resized).jpg
IMG_5915 (resized).JPG
IMG_5911 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 12.43.38 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 12.40.54 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 2.21.45 PM (resized).png
There are 315 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from Highclasspinball:

Thanks a lot for showing the issues in the art, this was the best I could get out of the master i had, but it is easy to fix as i have only printed very few so far and they can be reprinted easily.
I would really appreciate if you can get me scans or pics of the error areas and i will fix the art within the next days and print the corrected versions. I do not need vector art so we can safe that work.
Are there any bugs in the plastics?
Thanks a lot for your help!
Regards,
Mirco

The ball trough needs some additional routing with a V to the hole for this kick out type.

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

The ball trough needs some additional routing with a V to the hole for this kick out type.

That is a good catch. My ball trough runs all the up to where it is even with the 2500 point red insert.

#103 3 years ago

Can you post a pic of it? Not sure if I got it right... the master I have has this cutout I did...

Regards,
Mirco

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Quoted from cottonm4:

That is a good catch. My ball trough runs all the up to where it is even with the 2500 point red insert.

Can you post a pic of it? Not sure if I got it right... the master I have has this cutout I did...
Regards,
Mirco

Actually, I am not completely sure what Classic Stern was identifying.

This

IMG_5268 (resized).JPGIMG_5268 (resized).JPG

or this

IMG_5269 (resized).JPGIMG_5269 (resized).JPG

please stand by.

#105 3 years ago

I thought I had erased the post. The routing of the holes is correct

#106 3 years ago

Happy to recieve the Nine Ball repro playfield today from Mirco. Looks fantastic Highclasspinball !

20201221_170502 (resized).jpg20201221_170502 (resized).jpg20201221_181513 (resized).jpg20201221_181513 (resized).jpg20201221_181523 (resized).jpg20201221_181523 (resized).jpg20201221_181609 (resized).jpg20201221_181609 (resized).jpg20201221_181617 (resized).jpg20201221_181617 (resized).jpg20201221_181622 (resized).jpg20201221_181622 (resized).jpg20201221_181655 (resized).jpg20201221_181655 (resized).jpg
#107 3 years ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

Happy to recieve the Nine Ball repro playfield today from Mirco. Looks fantastic Highclasspinball !
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man, You look like I did when I received my factory original playfield back 15 years ago. I could hardly keep it together I was so happy.

#108 3 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

EDIT: So this was apparently someone who voluntarily accepted the broken test print version. Disregard the text below, Mirco is still fixing the issues.

I thought he said he was going to fix some of the glaring issues before he printed more and shipped, like the word "lights" being on the playfield missing the "L" so it says "ights" as well as the atrociously bad/wrong 9 ball art in the middle. But you have one with the mistakes still on it he sent you in exchange for your good money.

So much for that promise...

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I thought he said he was going to fix some of the glaring issues before he printed more and shipped, like the word "lights" being on the playfield missing the "L" so it says "ights" as well as the atrociously bad/wrong 9 ball art in the middle. But you have one with the mistakes still on it he sent you in exchange for your good money.

Calm down...this is only the test print. He is still fixing the file for the main production run. I voluntarily took this 1st version from Mirco.

#111 3 years ago

Calm down...this is only the test print. He is still fixing the file for the main production run. I voluntarily took this 1st version from Mirco.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. Just adding that you received the broken TEST PRINT version voluntarily in your original post would have avoided panic.

#112 3 years ago

Please see the corrected version attached. This is not yet printed, only preview so colors are off.

The L and 0 areas are fixed as well... Any other areas we missed so far?

Regards,
Mirco

korrektur für pinside (resized).pngkorrektur für pinside (resized).png
#113 3 years ago

Duffy, I still pinch myself when I think how this all went down and you donated your play field to Mirco. Some stars had to line up for all of this to happen. Thanks for taking the chance and time it took to be a play field donor.

And Mirco, thanks for taking the project on.

#114 3 years ago

Much better but still some details.

We really need your artist to work on attention to the details.
Each red circle is something I found in 5min that needs refinement.

Some things are wrong colors (compass near center drain, yellow swoosh tail to right of 5 ball)
Somethings are basic art stuff like a flat feeling white reflection due to the shape of that cresent moon being wrong.)
Some stuff is subtle but important aspects like comma tail being different

9Ball_Mirco2 (resized).png9Ball_Mirco2 (resized).png

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Duffy, I still pinch myself when I think how this all went down and you donated your play field to Mirco. Some stars had to line up for all of this to happen. Thanks for taking the chance and time it took to be a play field donor.

cottonm4 I appreciate the good words. Thank you for the heads-up and recommendation. This is my first playfield swap so let's see if I can actually get it all back in one piece!

#116 3 years ago

Also -- ensure that all "help text" is very readable.

Last time I looked, the tex† above each inlane were not the same -- the right inlane was more faded (or thinner) than the left.

-mof

#117 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Some things are wrong colors (compass near center drain, yellow swoosh tail to right of 5 ball)
Somethings are basic art stuff like a flat feeling white reflection due to the shape of that cresent moon being wrong.)
[quoted image]

Your keyline on the 9 ball is running ON TOP of the lightning on the left. I need to check the original art, but logic dictates it should be OVER the keyline for the ball since the lightning is in front of/on top of the ball.

EDIT: Confirmed with original art. The keyline running on top of the lightning is a mistake in the new mirco revised art.

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Also -- ensure that all "help text" is very readable.
Last time I looked, the tex† above each inlane were not the same -- the right inlane was more faded (or thinner) than the left.
-mof

What is "help text"? I suppose I should be able to figure it out, but my guesses are usually wrong. So, help me out with "help text".

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

[quoted image]

On the left is a copy of the scan of my Nine Ball play field that I sent to Mirco.

1) I can see the problem with the two white marks on the 3 ball.

2) I can see the small bump in the "S" of "Bonus". That is a real nice find.

3) If I squint I can see a little bit of something with the 4. But I have to squint hard.

4) If you say there is something wrong with the 2 ball I'll take your word for it. But I don't have enough squint in me to see what's up.

5) I guess there might be something wrong with the 8 ball. but I'm not seeing it.

6) Why do you have that small white dot to the left of Kirk's name circled in red? There is a small white dot on my play field, too. Whats' up with this little white dot?

7) I think the compass arrow will straighten out when the colors are correct.

Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 5.08.44 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-12-22 at 5.08.44 PM (resized).png

#120 3 years ago

Sorry I was using software lingo.

Should have said:

Text-based Instructions.

#121 3 years ago

I don't have a Nine Ball so currently am not a buyer.

But personally I'm not a fan of the original Stern half tones for the 6 and 7 ball colors.
If Mirco is able, what do people think about the option of printing the 6 and 7 balls in their real solid colors?

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

I don't have a Nine Ball so currently am not a buyer.
But personally I'm not a fan of the original Stern half tones for the 6 and 7 ball colors.
If Mirco is able, what do people think about the option of printing the 6 and 7 balls in their real solid colors?

Yeah, let's complicate this a bit more..
Jeez people

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

printing the 6 and 7 balls in their real solid colors

Not just that, but a *real* artist should clean up the (original art) left lightning to match the right. The left side has all kinds of problems. Not to mention the 9-ball left-edge having a black radius line OVER the foreground lightning (uggg).

-mof

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

let's complicate this a bit more..

Your wish is my command. The original lightning strikes look yellow and red to me, the repaired artwork looks yellow and orange.

#125 3 years ago

To me, the hard part is to reproduce is all of the small stardust dots...
On Gottlieb Black Hole, they added a second white screen to add all the small dots over
the final artwork.

#126 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

EDIT: So this was apparently someone who voluntarily accepted the broken test print version. Disregard the text below, Mirco is still fixing the issues.

My, my.....Be grateful for someone working this. Truly a labor of love.

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Yeah, let's complicate this a bit more..
Jeez people

Agree Do what the original has.

#129 3 years ago

This is not yet printed, only preview so colors are off.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Some things are wrong colors (compass near center drain, yellow swoosh tail to right of 5 ball

Quoted from Quench:

The original lightning strikes look yellow and red to me, the repaired artwork looks yellow and orange.

Mirco tells us the colors are going to be off in this preview.

#130 3 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

The 2 ball insert and the 6 ball insert cut into the 9 ball. The 3 ball and the 7 ball insert do not cut into the 9 ball. That is the was Stern shipped it. The only way to correct that is to redraw the entire rack of balls. It will not hurt anything to leave it as is.

With the play field glass on and the lights on, no one is going notice these last few items when they hit the credit button.

It does not look like anybody has come up with anything new in these last few posts.

I think some of whysnow's observations could be addressed. Fix the 9 ball line going through the lighting bolt. Then print it.

#131 3 years ago

I am thankful of the efforts on this project and I am glad Mirco is trying to fix the obvious issues of the missing letter and the rack of balls. But how about posting an image of the whole playfield artwork so the whole thing can can be checked over for anymore obvious issues before printing.

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

I am thankful of the efforts on this project and I am glad Mirco is trying to fix the obvious issues of the missing letter and the rack of balls. But how about posting an image of the whole playfield artwork so the whole thing can can be checked over for anymore obvious issues before printing.

Here you go. Click on Highclasspinball and you can see all of the pics.

Hi All,
finally the Nine Ball playfields are ready and available. They are 799 USD shipped to the USA or Canada, Australia is extra 80 USD shipping.
We have also the complete plastic set out of UNBREAKABLE material! The plastic set alone is 19 USD, the combo with the playfield is 899 USD shipped to the USA or Canada, Australia is extra 80 USD shipping.
Please contact me for any questions!
Regards,
Mirco
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#133 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Here you go. Click on Highclasspinball and you can see all of the pics.

He has a single graphic image of the playfield. Why not just make that available as a jpg to proof instead of flipping through 5 or 6 shots of an actual playfield from random angles? It would make checking so much easier. The resolution would be too low to copy, if that's what he's worried about, so...

#136 3 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

To me, the hard part is to reproduce is all of the small stardust dots...
On Gottlieb Black Hole, they added a second white screen to add all the small dots over
the final artwork.

I agree. The missing "L" is due to the black key line covering it because it was applied after the white. Doing the white after would have yielded the art like the original, with the "L" visible over the black key line.

2 weeks later
#137 3 years ago

It looks like the first set of pics is still up on the web site -- we are still wondering when we can see a complete set of the latest update?
https://mircoplayfields.com/en/p/nine-ball-mirco-playfield

#138 3 years ago

I will be working with Rick PPS to do a test of a 3rd or 4th playfield title. I am looking to do low demand playfields that others are not interested in doing.

#139 3 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I will be working with Rick PPS to do a test of a 3rd or 4th playfield title. I am looking to do low demand playfields that others are not interested in doing.

John, what does this have to do with this Nine Ball thread? Seems you would be better served starting your own thread instead of hi-jacking this one.

#140 3 years ago

We are printing nineball today and will have pics of the final version end of the week. I expect then to ship early or mid next week.

Thanks a lot for the help with the files!

Regards,
Mirco

#141 3 years ago

We are printing nineball today and will have pics of the final version end of the week. I expect then to ship early or mid next week.
Thanks a lot for the help with the files!
Regards,
Mirco

AGAIN? Sigh...

WHY wouldn't you just post an image of the revised WHOLE PLAYFIELD for people to check BEFORE you print MORE of them, with potentially more mistakes? The resolution of images on Pinside isn't high enough for anyone to steal the art and make playfields or something, if that's the wild scenario keeping you up at night. You just keep doing this wrong over and over when people are happy to help you BEFORE THE MISTAKES are committed to wood. This proofing service wouldn't cost you a dime. Believe it or not, people are invested in seeing you succeed, but you don't make it easy.

#142 3 years ago

Because the image is fixed and this will be the final version. All found errors are fixed so no need to go back and forth hundred times. These errors only happened as the original I had was touched up at these areas.

Regards,
Mirco

#143 3 years ago

Because the image is fixed and this will be the final version. All found errors are fixed so no need to go back and forth hundred times. These errors only happened as the original I had was touched up at these areas.
Regards,
Mirco

You said it was right with many playfields before. It wasn't. This isn't the first time this has happened with you. There's no need to go back and forth 100 times if you RELEASE THE WHOLE PLAYFIELD ART AS A SINGLE GRAPHIC FOR EXAMINATION FIRST by the community. Then, all the mistakes can be noted and compiled (for FREE, mind you), then fixed. ONE TIME.

ONE. TIME.

It's a better way than what you've been doing almost from the start. It's impossible to see why you don't understand that.

#144 3 years ago

I do but I have to use production slots if I have them. Right now all machines are running all time and once all components are ready for that machine it has to go into that slot.

#145 3 years ago

I do but I have to use production slots if I have them. Right now all machines are running all time and once all components are ready for that machine it has to go into that slot.

Which makes no sense if you're printing a playfield AGAIN with mistakes on it that you think is right, but is actually wrong because it wasn't checked properly. Then you will have to "slot" it again in the future to make it right. Why not do it ONCE, but...and bear with me here - correctly? You SAY you don't want to do things 100x, but then you do this, which is the complete opposite of the words you say.

"Measure twice, cut once" comes to mind...

#146 3 years ago

No Nine Ball playfield from me. Hopefully Rick can guide me through producing low demand playfields for Bally & Williams starting this year. So that there is no sudden Mirco doing the same thing. He might have deep pockets, I do not. Mirco if you read this try reaching out, the small producers of playfields would like to do low demand playfields that the big boys do not want to do. So I am working towards Firepower 2 playfields at this time.

#147 3 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Big game. I have a donor playfield if you want it. Mirco and CPR won’t touch it and you’ll sell more of them than FP2.

#148 3 years ago

Because the image is fixed and this will be the final version.

You've said this the last fifteen times, and there was always another error or art missing.

#149 3 years ago

So quantity over quality! Always a great selling point for any company!

#150 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

AGAIN? Sigh...
WHY wouldn't you just post an image of the revised WHOLE PLAYFIELD for people to check BEFORE you print MORE of them, with potentially more mistakes? The resolution of images on Pinside isn't high enough for anyone to steal the art and make playfields or something, if that's the wild scenario keeping you up at night. You just keep doing this wrong over and over when people are happy to help you BEFORE THE MISTAKES are committed to wood. This proofing service wouldn't cost you a dime. Believe it or not, people are invested in seeing you succeed, but you don't make it easy.

This thread has sat idle for 2 weeks. That is plenty of time for anybody to go over the pics that Mirco first put up and look for any additional errors. Where have you been in the last 2 weeks?

I sent Mirco the scans of my NB play filed that covered all of the items everybody highlighted. I'm betting the next play field will have all of those errors corrected.

For anybody that wishes to pick fly shit out of pepper, I could tell about all of the small differences from my original Catacomb play field when compared to the CPR repro Catacomb play field. Is the CPR unit a perfect reproduction? No, it is not. Do I wish it was a perfect reproduction? Sure. but it is not and the differences are so minor rarely anyone will notice.

And since you said earlier that you are not going to buy one and have no dog in this fight, why would you even be interested at all? You do not own a Nine Ball and do not have one on your wish list. With your one pinball machine, why are you here?
=========================

Quoted from Coyote:

You've said this the last fifteen times, and there was always another error or art missing.

I don't remember it that way. You have some information no one else has? Was it really 15 times? Do you have the links?

Quoted from meSz:

So quantity over quality! Always a great selling point for any company!

Neither of you own a Nine Ball. You don't have a Nine Ball in your wishlist. Why are you so concerned about this?

BTW: Your little red hearts have turned gray. Time to pony up, boys.

There are 315 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nine-ball-repro-mircoplayfield-and-plastic-set-available/page/3?hl=tractordoc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.