IMG_9842 (resized).JPG
IMG_9839 (resized).JPG
IMG_9841 (resized).JPG
IMG_9838 (resized).JPG
IMG_9832 (resized).JPG
IMG_9831 (resized).JPG
IMG_9830 (resized).JPG
#1 2 years ago

Sorry for the repost, I was unable to post pictures on previous post due to not being verified. I have a Nine Ball Pin Ball Machine and wondering how much it is worth. I am currently moving homes and interested in selling the machine due to lack of space. The Machine is working but needs some minor work done to it. The 4th player scoring module needs to be replaced. I am wondering what the value of the pin ball machine is? Thanks in advance.

IMG_9830 (resized).JPGIMG_9830 (resized).JPGIMG_9831 (resized).JPGIMG_9831 (resized).JPGIMG_9832 (resized).JPGIMG_9832 (resized).JPGIMG_9838 (resized).JPGIMG_9838 (resized).JPGIMG_9839 (resized).JPGIMG_9839 (resized).JPGIMG_9841 (resized).JPGIMG_9841 (resized).JPGIMG_9842 (resized).JPGIMG_9842 (resized).JPG Added over 2 years ago:

Forgot to mention I am located in Rochester, NY for those asking.

#2 2 years ago

Not an exact indicator, but you can search archived sales for all games. Just put your machine in and browse the historical sale ads for your game.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive

#3 2 years ago

What someone is willing to pay is the price. These have gone up in value for sure. You have a nice example, shoot for the stars (I own one). RIP your inbox!

#4 2 years ago

Would help if you gave a location

#5 2 years ago

$4000-4800

The game boots up, pf looks to be in pretty decent shape, cab is decent, all hard to find pieces are there.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from jj44114:

Would help if you gave a location

Why? Will that change your price evaluation?

#7 2 years ago

Nice looking Nine Ball man. Playfield is usually blown on these. Don't take less than $4k.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from Paulwall7789:

Sorry for the repost, I was unable to post pictures on previous post due to not being verified. I have a Nine Ball Pin Ball Machine and wondering how much it is worth. I am currently moving homes and interested in selling the machine due to lack of space. The Machine is working but needs some minor work done to it. The 4th player scoring module needs to be replaced. I am wondering what the value of the pin ball machine is? Thanks in advance.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, you put in for me to verify you, but that’s not how it works. You either find someone you know in person who’s already on Pinside to verify you, or donate. Your Nine Ball looks great! It sucks the player 4 is out. The classic Stern’s are hard to find.

The displays look like 7 digits, but it’s weird on the high score they’re flashing 6 digits with a 0 in front. Anyone know what that’s about?

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Anyone know what that’s about?

Either a digit out from the signal (easy fix), or the photos were just at the right time. Most likely the first, but again, an easy fix for anyone that is interested in this game.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

$4000-4800
The game boots up, pf looks to be in pretty decent shape, cab is decent, all hard to find pieces are there.

Dream on. As said before search the archives $1-2K

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

I just sold a project one for $1000 last month but it was a project game. Complete but non-working. Playfield had the typical wear and backglass was bad.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

A Populated Playfield & cab & backbox wiring harness for a 9 ball will bring $1000-$2000 these days. I will gladly pay $1500 if someone has a populated 9 ball PF & harnesses.

This game will easily sell for over $4000. I have customers who were recently looking for one in worse shape than this one, that were willing to pay in that $4-$5K range to get one to then spend thousands ontop of purchase price to have restored.

I think the days of touching the more desirable Sterns ala Star Gazer, 9 Ball, Quicksilver, Catacomb etc for under $4K are long gone. Star Gazer has long been up there price wise & 9 Ball & Quicksilver are quickly getting into the Star Gazer price range.

#13 2 years ago

Haha 1-2k, halarious

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from WeatherbyMAG:

A Populated Playfield & cab & backbox wiring harness for a 9 ball will bring $1000-$2000 these days. I will gladly pay $1500 if someone has a populated 9 ball PF & harnesses.
This game will easily sell for over $4000. I have customers who were recently looking for one in worse shape than this one, that were willing to pay in that $4-$5K range to get one to then spend thousands ontop of purchase price to have restored.
I think the days of touching the more desirable Sterns ala Star Gazer, 9 Ball, Quicksilver, Catacomb etc for under $4K are long gone. Star Gazer has long been up there price wise & 9 Ball & Quicksilver are quickly getting into the Star Gazer price range.

I guess I sold mine too cheap at $1000 last month. It was even a hard sell at $1000. The first few CL guys who came out to look on it pass. It was person #4 who bought it. I can't believe it would sell for a lot of money even in nice condition. Every time I play a 9-ball, it feels like a turd game. I sold the project Stars pin for a $800. Are all these older classic Stern games worth big money?

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Are all these older classic Stern games worth big money?

No, definitely not. That said, any chance you have a project Quicksilver, Stargazer, or Cheetah?

#16 2 years ago

Mine was listed not too long ago. Got two solid 5k offers but got cold feet.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Are all these older classic Stern games worth big money?

Pretty much.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

When you wake up from 2009, please check in to the real world.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I guess I sold mine too cheap at $1000 last month. It was even a hard sell at $1000. The first few guys who came out to look on it pass. It was person #4 who bought it. I can't believe it would sell for a lot of money even in nice condition. Every time I play a 9-ball, it feels like a turd game. I sold the project Stars pin for a lot less than $1000. Are all these older classic Stern games worth big money?

Where'd you list it? You'd have a frenzy listing one at that price on Pinside. MPU100 games are still relatively cheap (and underrated), though.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I guess I sold mine too cheap at $1000 last month. It was even a hard sell at $1000. The first few guys who came out to look on it pass. It was person #4 who bought it. I can't believe it would sell for a lot of money even in nice condition. Every time I play a 9-ball, it feels like a turd game. I sold the project Stars pin for a lot less than $1000. Are all these older classic Stern games worth big money?

Either you're the worst person at marketing a pin for sale, or you're trolling. Hard sell at 1k for a 9ball? yeah, I'm pretty sure we know which one is true.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Why? Will that change your price evaluation?

yes because shipping would be an additional $400-500.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Haha 1-2k, halarious

Check the archives.

#23 2 years ago

Yep just price it accordingly, then wait for the right buyer. Won't take that long either. I stopped chasing for one because I had too much money invested in my classic Sterns already. They're getting so pricey.

9 Ball is one of the sought after Sterns though. Great rules (especially for the spinner), great art, tournament focused gameplay and it also has multiball. Plus it's pretty hard to build one from scratch due to the wiring harness availability, the controlled drop banks, the unusual single drop target & the spinner bracket. The blue apron decal is unobtainable now.

Yours looks pretty nice. Cabinet still vibrant. Playfield isn't roached out. I'd say around $5000. GLWS

If I knew where you were, I'd be tempted to buy it myself.

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Where'd you list it?.

Couldn't have been very wide. I know a few people in KZoo that would have sniped it quick, let alone the rest if Mi.
I mean unless it was a major major project. Even still for 1k I csnt see it lasting.
But hey, proves there's srill deals out there!!

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Where'd you list it? You'd have a frenzy listing one at that price on Pinside. MPU100 games are still relatively cheap (and underrated), though.

The 9-Ball I sold had a -200 MPU in it. Did Stern make these with -100 boards too?

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Yes, someone got a steal. Would not have been a hard sell if it had been on Pinside or FB Marketplace, it would have sold within minutes of being posted in either place. I would have probably paid at least up to $2500 sight unseen on it. I can virtually restore about anything, so all I would have needed to know is if the basic components I need to get a game built were there (ie. the rare parts, wiring harnesses, drop target mechs etc).

The other issue with a game not selling easily that you can run into is pricing a game way lower than it's actual value, some people will actually think it's just a scam & move past it & not even bother trying to chase it down.

The prices have just been getting ridiculous on certain Sterns due to supply & demand. Low supply, very high demand. Just have to advertise in right places for guys with $ to see them.

1981 Bally games are same way.... prices just keep going up on those, lower build #'s & high demand... but I don't see them as bad as the later Sterns. Centaur, EBD, Viking, Medusa, Flash Gordon, Fathom etc. Very hard to find cheap crappy ones to restore anymore. We're now at a point where you gotta pay $3000, $4000 + just to get a complete game to then dump thousands in labor & then thousands in parts to have a nice restored example. It's getting ridiculous cost wise on some of these games.

#27 2 years ago

FWIW, I paid $2k + a days driving to get my barn fresh Nine Ball a couple months ago and I'm pleased to have it. It also has a roached bg and playfield, but those are both readily available to replace. By far the most I've paid for a classic Stern*, but that's where it's at now.

*note for those checking my collection, I scratch-built my Quicksilver and Star Gazer. Technically they cost more than $2k total but not really the same situation.

Quoted from Tommy-dog:

The 9-Ball I sold had a -200 MPU in it. Did Stern make these with -100 boards too?

Sorry if my comment was unclear. Nine Ball is an MPU-200 game. Stars is an MPU-100 game (and probably the most sought-after one... still not very expensive).

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Either you're the worst person at marketing a pin for sale, or you're trolling. Hard sell at 1k for a 9ball? yeah, I'm pretty sure we know which one is true.

It was not hard to sell but the first few guys who came out did not buy it. The 4th guy did. It sold in one day regardless.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Maybe stop searching the archives as they are bullshit. Unless the archives go back like 6 months.

Every time I post a game on CL I get someone quoting "average pinside value" to me and I laugh at them and sell it 10 minutes later for asking price to someone else.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from WeatherbyMAG:

.... if it had been on Pinside or FB Marketplace, it would have sold within minutes of being posted in either place.

I buy a lot of games from KLOV (Arcade forum). I don't think there are a lot of pinball people on KLOV so some deals pop up now and then.

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

No, definitely not. That said, any chance you have a project Quicksilver, Stargazer, or Cheetah?

Nope, sorry. I do like the artwork for Stargazer and if I had one then I would keep it for the artwork alone.

#32 2 years ago

Man i wish I had a Stargazer to trade for 2 better classic Sterns!

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Man i wish I had a Stargazer to trade for 2 better classic Sterns!

Curious what would you trade SG for

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from jj44114:

yes because shipping would be an additional $400-500.

That has nothing to do with the value of the game.

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

That has nothing to do with the value of the game.

To me it does

#36 2 years ago

Maybe reading comprehension is not your thing. He asked for a price check. It's not a for sale ad. The cost of shipping it to you has nothing to do with the value of the game.

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Maybe reading comprehension is not your thing. He asked for a price check. It's not a for sale ad. The cost of shipping it to you has nothing to do with the value of the game.

Get a life.

#38 2 years ago

You too. Happy holidays.

#39 2 years ago

I own one in similar condition. I traded a very nice game for it two years ago (a 9 out of 10 original D.P. Bride). I valued that game at 4500 at the time and had people wanting to buy at that price... so there is an actual transaction for reference. I don't regret it at all... I play NB a lot more in a month that I have played BOP in my entire lifetime. I found it to be a bore.

I would pay 4K for yours if I did not already own one. It's hard to find this game in the condition you've posted. Good luck beating down the crazy Pinsiders!

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from Dicky:

Curious what would you trade SG for

All the Sterns i own plus Dragonfist, cheetah, quicksilver, seawitch, & Gamatron.

3 weeks later
#41 2 years ago

Looking for one of these in the pnw. Prefer non project unless project was steal priced. Txs!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 3.00
$ 42.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 12.00
$ 959.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nine-ball-pinball-pricecheck?hl=weatherbymag and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.