IMG_4931 (resized).JPG
IMG_4922 (resized).jpg
IMG_4918 (resized).jpg
IMG_4917 (resized).jpg
IMG_4916 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-01-06 at 9.23.20 AM (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_4905 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pingball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#632 4 years ago

Just joined the Nine Ball club and looking forward to a bit of a restore!
Hoping for some help in finding a couple of parts.
I'm missing the red drop target at the from of the loop and the cap for the dead bumper.
Any help is appreciated!

Screenshot_20200215-105016 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200215-105016 (resized).pngdetail (resized).jpegdetail (resized).jpeg
#635 4 years ago

Thanks for the info!
That red drop target, was it only used on Nine Ball? Can't say I've seen one like that before.

Hoping this will clean up pretty nice.

IMG_20200215_093437 (resized).jpgIMG_20200215_093437 (resized).jpg
#646 4 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

I have the text for the pop bumper i can share

That would be very much appreciated?

#648 4 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

I don’t have the files anymore, but i still have the diecut Vinyl sticker
Pm me your complete adresse and i will ship it to you![quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks a million! Feeling more optimistic about this restore by the minute

#649 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I made a protector 3 years back for my Nine Ball. I did that before I ever played a game on this pin. They are not hard to make. If you have some scissors and some other basic tools you can make one.
Here is one I just finished making for my Dragonfist. I am making this one a little bit different than my others. For this one, I haver added some some spacers to elevate the ball guides. This is letting me make my cuts so the protector sits under the ball guides without being pinched by the guides. This allows for a cleaner appearance since I did not have to make cuts to fit inside the guides.
The protector is locked into position by clamping it to the play field with the 3 posts that sit behind the mid-play field drop assembly. The rest of the protector floats free at all points on the play field.
I should have it complete and playing in a couple more hours. With the new way I used to place it under the guides it can barely be seen.
Don't be seduced by the new shiny look. As you play and wax the play field, eventually the shine will fade. It will still look good but it will dull out a little bit.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great work on the protector! Where do you get the plastic sheeting?

Hadn't thought to put post LED's facing downwards rather than under the post. Going to give that a try.

#653 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I cannot see the 3000 over in the left lane, but would be very happy is my play field looks like yours,.

That is my one wear spot, guessing it's a common one. Is there a stencil or decal out there for this?

15821274809494015294339077539398 (resized).jpg15821274809494015294339077539398 (resized).jpg
#657 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You could be everybody's hero. Your play field looks good enough (to me) that Stu from CPR might could use it to make the art CPR would need to make repro Nine Ball play field. I sent Stu pics of my play field but it is too far gone for Stu to use.
But yours looks very nice.

They seem to do lots of classic Stern backglasses and plastics. Don't think I've seen a playfield by them yet. Are they interested/able to do them?

#660 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Huh? They've certainly done some Stern playfields. Meteor is currently advertised on their homepage and they have certainly done Flight 2000 playfields... Catacomb is "out of stock" but they made those as well.

Maybe I just haven't been looking

#662 4 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

I think I have a Files with the repro texte.... you will have to match your color and print your own decal! Let me have a look tonight

You're the man!

#666 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yes. They would like to do a Nine Ball play field. As others are noting, they are doing some Stern play fields.

I'm open to helping out.

2 weeks later
#682 4 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Counting the number of spinner flips on the ball/match display.

How did you make that happen?

#700 4 years ago
Quoted from RumRunner9:

curious what CPR offers the person that sends any (presumably de-populated) playfield for scanning.. anyone know?

RumRunner9 I just had this talk with them about my Nine Ball playfield, risk vs reward makes it a tough proposition. Remind me and I'll fill you in at the next time we see each other.
Perhaps if someone lived right by where they do the scanning. Need to use the pinmap to figure out who is closest and sweet talk them into it...

#701 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

You accidentally got Catacomb in the same sentence as NB and Big Game. Catacomb is a pointless piece of crap. It’s right up there with Viper. Yawn.

You do know that in order to like Nine Ball you don't have to hate the rest of the Stern titles?
For my own purposes I will agree with you about Catacomb though. If anyone wants to unload their pointless piece of crap for cheap, let me know.

#713 4 years ago

Hoping for a little help please.
I have a bonus orange wire behind the long drop bank and can't determine 100% where it belongs.

IMG_20200306_100035 (resized).jpgIMG_20200306_100035 (resized).jpg
#716 4 years ago

Had intended to do a quick cleanup on Nine Ball but one thing led to another...
Playfield is out and ready for a couple minor touchups and some clear coat. Polishing and tumbling are under way.
I'm hoping two projects are better than one.
IMG_20200310_005725 (resized).jpgIMG_20200310_005725 (resized).jpgIMG_20200310_010526 (resized).jpgIMG_20200310_010526 (resized).jpgIMG_20200310_011446 (resized).jpgIMG_20200310_011446 (resized).jpg

7 months later
#825 3 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

I hear rumor that someone here might have a few of these NOS in their hoard. Please pm me if you have one that you might sell.
Mine has a split at the bottom, below the rivet.
[quoted image]

I recently bought from PBResource. A-382-1 Drop Target 9 Ball $9.00ea

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pingball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nine-ball-club-all-welcome?tu=pingball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.