IMG_4931 (resized).JPG
IMG_4922 (resized).jpg
IMG_4918 (resized).jpg
IMG_4917 (resized).jpg
IMG_4916 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-01-06 at 9.23.20 AM (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_4905 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hisokajp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#734 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Will a meteor lockdown bar work? I have a spare.

I have been looking for a lockdown bar for my Nine ball as well! crazy hard to find those

2 weeks later
#760 3 years ago

I could really use any playfield... mine is flaking just lightly cleaning it
IMG_2913 (resized).JPGIMG_2913 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#772 3 years ago

Is there repro of the dead pop cap? Mine is really on its last leg...

#777 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

They are called "slant tops". PBR has a lot of them. If you can't get a blank, you will have to sand all of the ink of and redo. I have been working on a deal but have not finished it yet.

yeah i am surprised there is no decal?

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I bought the lsat one. check Steves pinball resource

$80 each? whoaaa there is a market there

1 month later
#795 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Nine Ball playfield protector is now available. I just installed mine and it looks great and works well. Needed to lift a few things to get it to sit perfectly. Game plays great. No more worries of playfield wear.
https://www.playfield-protectors.net/products/nine-ball-1980-stern

I sent them my PF scan a few weeks ago and it turned out good. Definitely a few section to tweak but good temp measure until repro PF

#798 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

However, there one 8-drop Nine Ball drop assembly.

and i don't know if there is such a thing as a spare 8-drop assembly out there!

2 weeks later
#811 3 years ago

i just realized... is the large drop target bank on F2K the same as 9 ball minus the single drop target coils? But the overall mech is the same?

#816 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

No. Looks like he sent a playfield scan to the playfield protectors guy.
Not a bad thing at all, but not repro playfield production. Protector production.

right, i wish someone did work on a PF but I am not sure that's the case... I wonder if it would be worth pitching Mirco since they just did QS...

#822 3 years ago

yeah mine is pretty worn out...

Nine Ball_stitch-- (resized).jpgNine Ball_stitch-- (resized).jpg
2 months later
#847 3 years ago

great deal, i got mine from a barn find with a rat nest (and skull) in it, and i think it was 2.5-3k... they are just so rare

3 months later
#889 2 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

There's no coil there by design. It's for the 8 ball which the game never needs to drop, so there's no coil for that spot.
Unfortunately you can't swap the bracket from the 8 ball position over to the one on the right, it's what holds the drop target up. The 8 ball will immediately drop with that piece missing. It also looks like the arm that's missing on the right might be bent down or outward, can't tell from the angle of the pic. If it's still there, you may be able to carefully bend it back.
I can't seem to come up with the part number for that piece though, perhaps somebody will be able to chime in with that info.

cottonm4 maybe able to help? I couldn't find it in the Stern parts catalog either...

#891 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Sorry. I cannot help you on that. I could probably make one with some angle from a metal shop and a cut-off wheel, but you are talking a lot of hours.

yeah been looking around, no luck, are those only used in memory stern drop target then?

4 months later
#934 2 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

Can anyone suggest a good match for the orange on the cabinet? I am planning on repainting the front part of the head.
In addition to the outer edges being rough, someone painted over the front edge of the trim boards with black and I want to get it back to all orange.
I’ve started to sand it down and fortunately the rest of the head looks very presentable.
Ideally there is a good primer + paint option in a rattle can.
[quoted image]

I always find it is very hard to get any kind of decent match repainting part of a head or cabinet. Though i am curious as my 9B could use a nice repaint.

2 weeks later
#973 2 years ago

anyone in the hobby remake plastic targets like this? doesn't sound like it is very easy but we have people remaking ramps so...

1 week later
#1025 2 years ago

ohhh nice find, don't break it!

1 week later
#1035 2 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Where can I find a back box lock, just the lock and cylinder not the hinge. Thanks in advance

i get my one from PBR but they are the same:
http://www.pbresource.com/locks.html

3 months later
#1079 2 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

For Gonzo73’s reference on busted drop target.
One NOS and one retrofit option.
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

the 2nd one looks like a Bally Frontier one, exactly what i am looking for right now as mine is missing the whole center switch

8 months later
#1147 1 year ago

Scott's rom definitely help though the switches can also be a pain :/

#1149 1 year ago
Quoted from slochar:

yep, you can't fix in software the need for the switches to actually work correctly. At least not without breaking a bunch of other stuff.
The biggest fixes were definitely the memory drop not being seen (game stops and does nothing.) and the single drop not resetting (needs a reboot when this happens AFAICT)
The dumbest thing in there was the shooter lane switch - you could (conceivably) hold the plunger up so the served ball never hits the shooter lane switch, and wait a couple seconds, if you time it right, you shoot the ball up and another one gets served into the shooter lane. The game will never count balls correctly after that.

let's hope Cayle George doesn't see this post

1 month later
#1163 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

managed to snap the thousands bonus drop target - anyone know a source for a replacement?
[quoted image]

None easily i think, i know for my Bally Frontier it was on the 3d print pinball shop i think?

1 month later
#1181 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I just stumbled onto this for sale ad for the Nine Ball drop target face. Maybe you have already seen it. But if you have not...
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/07505-reproduction-target-face-stern-a-382-1

nice i'll get a spare

2 weeks later
#1188 1 year ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

Checking to see the route people went on LEDing their Nine Ball playfield lights. I'm leaning towards Pinball Life's version of yopsicles, but am not sure about the wiring around the left side of the playfield (drop target area) without the braided wire and have no idea how to cleanly run the wire. I know the replacement boards to 555s are available, but I'd ideally like to stick with one system instead of a mismash. Ideas?
Thanks-

i replaced that part with individual socket when swapping the playfield and had no issue running cables. took some initiative but it worked fine

3 weeks later
#1205 1 year ago

Looks fairly nice, hard to say without seeing board/display and inside but assuming there is no surprise, it is a fairly rare game though the current market is pretty "soft" it can get interest from collectors, $4k range?

#1225 1 year ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Tried searching those number and no luck .
[quoted image]

Remove "Rx-" and you can look it up on Marcos

3 months later
#1256 10 months ago
Quoted from roadshow16:

After some help with my Nine Ball. Is this a known issue? I lock ball 1, all good. But after locking ball 2, a ball will be kicked into the shooter lane and all drop targets will start resetting over and over and the game bonus starts counting as if it's the end of the ball. Is this a software problem? If so, can someone let me know what the latest revision I need to get is.
I also have an issue where the game takes about 5 minutes to 'warm up'. If I switch it on cold, the game will reset after I flip. After 5 minutes it's all good and plays fine.
Thanks for the help

best getting slochar new 9ball roms and see if it fixes your issue:
http://tsqmadness.com/slochar/ZIP/

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hisokajp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nine-ball-club-all-welcome?tu=hisokajp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.