IMG_4931 (resized).JPG
IMG_4922 (resized).jpg
IMG_4918 (resized).jpg
IMG_4917 (resized).jpg
IMG_4916 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-01-06 at 9.23.20 AM (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_4905 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bluespin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#255 6 years ago

Craig,
I picked up a Nine Ball today. Put me down for a lamp board. I'll be set #15.

John

3 months later
#274 6 years ago

CPR just announced in their monthly newsletter that they will be making Nine Ball playfields! I will find a link tonight after I get back from my tournament

8 months later
#304 5 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

I joined the club at Allentown! Thank’s frunch , game was as discribed! The game play perfect, but i will need the schematic, just in case. If someone can send it to me i will appraciated!

Redketchup Congratulations on joining the club. The one at Pinfest had a rough playfield but played beautifully. It was nice meeting you and thanks again for helping load my pin in my SUV Saturday.

3 weeks later
#330 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Quick rules question: What are the best shots to take while in multi-ball (with standard roms)? I don't see 3x-scoring inserts on the playfield -- is there any scoring benefit to being in multi-ball mode?
-mof

The “x” multipliers go from 1-7, just like on Seawitch.

Example
1x 1x is lit
2x 2x is lit
3x 1x AND 2x are lit
4x. 4x is lit
5x. 4x and1x are lit
6x. 4x and 2x are lit
7x. All three are lit

2 weeks later
#343 5 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

It plays great!
Now looking for a Quicksilver, Flight 2000, Meteor, Seawitch, Star Gazer, Catacomb...

Aren't we all....

#352 5 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

Anyone have reproduce cabinet paper for Nineball? I would like to have it if possible

Pinball Pimp makes stencil kits for Nine Ball.
http://pinballpimpstencils.com/?page_id=2755

#357 5 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

This is what i have done for my Iron maiden project... will look at it when i'm ready for that part

Does the info in post 294 help you?

#372 5 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

Yes all the parts originals... a good cleaning, new drop target, coil wrap, ultrasonic cleaner...

Do you wrap the coil wraps around the existing coil? Are they preprinted with the part numbers?

#376 5 years ago
Quoted from LorenZ:

I would like to know where to look on the board for the 7 "bips" corresponding to the seven flash ?
thanks amigos and sorry for my english ^^

There is a small led light on the mpu. It will flash seven times if everything is working. If it flashes less than seven times consult your manual to figure out what the issue is.

For the spud issue try removing the cables from the sound board and the board that they connect to (mpu?). Reconnect the cables. If you still have the problem someone here can help you diagnose the board. These old cables are notorious for going bad over time. You can buy a replacement here on Pinside from nvram

1 week later
#384 5 years ago

With CPR's announcement of their changing business model people are throwing up ideas for all sorts of brand new products for CPR to manufacture. I am asking CPR to manufacture Quicksilver, Nine Ball and Meteor. If you would order a Quicksilver, Nine Ball or Meteor playfield(s) from CPR mention it in the attached forum. See my post 275.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-cpr-begins-its-new-business-model/page/6#post-4490140

If CPR won't commit to making Quicksilver, Nine Ball and Meteor playfields we could ask Mirco, but a CPR would probably run $700 and Mirco playfields are $1,000.

4 months later
#452 5 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

How about a source for the single drop target at the loop?

Mayfair Amusements has them at the Allentown show this year

2 months later
#463 5 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Note: Nine Ball is plagued with software issues.

Stern released multiple versions of their code to try to fix the issues. All updates were failures. The alltek is the most recent failed update before Stern closed the doors in 84/85.

There is an aftermarket rom that you can burn that supposedly makes the game a lot more interesting and problem free. However you need an original Stern MPU to add the rom to (no alltek)

nocreditdot Mike where can we find the game rom for that aftermarket version of Nine Ball?

shimoda Mark can you help us find the code?

3 weeks later
#485 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yup. Tighter = more room

But only for pinball rubbers...

6 months later
#579 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

In the club!
[quoted image]

Really nice playfield.

2 months later
#599 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I was talking with Mirco last year about furnishing my Nine Play field for a "master" copy. Those talks have gone nowhere and now with the problems Crispin has had with his Qicksilver play field and Mirco I am not too interested in sending my NB play field to Germany.
I don't know if Greatwich would take this on, but even if he did some one would have to send him the art work first . Setting up the art work is no easy task and requires the skills of an experienced artist.

In a company newsletter two years ago CPR said that they were planning on making Nine Ball, Seawitch and Star Gazer playfields and needed to borrow playfields. I’ll reach out to CPR and see if they are still looking for a Nine Ball playfield. I won’t help facilitate them making Seawitch or Star Gazer playfields because @greatwichjohn already makes these.

#600 4 years ago

cottonm4 Good news. Stu Wright at CPR said that they are still looking for a donor playfield. He’s not on Pinside but you can reach him through Facebook

1 month later
#614 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Hey folks, I played a Nine Ball recently and really loved the game! Can they still be had for reasonable (pinside’s suggested 1k-ish) price? I’d love one but I really can’t see spending much more than that on the game.
Just looking for an okay player’s condition or beater game. It would probably go out at my arcade.

Fully working nice cosmetics, but not restored, playfield wear in the ball rack area $1500-1900.

#624 4 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Seawitch seems much more common and often in better shape than Nine Ball

I think because of the code problems a lot of Nine Balls were scrapped. They produced about the same number of Seawitch and Nine Ball do that’s the only thing that I could come up with.

I talked to an arcade operator at TPF three years ago. I asked him what he did with all the pins when he closed his arcade. He destroyed all the Ataris because they were hard to maintain, and all of the Gottlieb 80 series except Black Hole and Haunted House. Then he picked a few to take home and everything else was destroyed. He said that any pin that caused him problems on s regular basis was destroyed. That would explain why so few Nine Balls are out there.

7 months later
#789 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I was watching a couple of gameplay videos for Nine Ball and noticed the point value jumped to $173,000 at the horseshoe target. Does anyone know if there is a backstory as to how that value got assigned? With it being so odd, I figure that has to be a story of some sort. Thanks!

Make sure you hit the stand up target when it’s lit for 173k. If you pass through the horseshoe it’ll reset to 10k.

2 months later
#818 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

right, i wish someone did work on a PF but I am not sure that's the case... I wonder if it would be worth pitching Mirco since they just did QS...

CPR has been looking for a nos of very high quality Nine Ball playfield for two years now. If someone can send them their playfield they can start producing.

After Mirco tried to keep crispin Quicksilver playfield I don’t think many people will be willing to ship him their playfield.

5 months later
#874 3 years ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

Calling all you classic Stern experts....my Nine Ball isn't saving high scores.
Only ever shows "0 0 0 0".
I have removed the 5105 and installed an NVRAM. Jumpers seem to be set properly. Any ideas? Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your displays only have four digits?

3 months later
#908 2 years ago

Turn the game off and remove and reseat the connectors in the displays. See if that improves the displays.

2 weeks later
#913 2 years ago
Quoted from sethbenjamin:

Are you referring to Third Coast? I didn't know he had done them previously.

Yes he’s talking about third coast. He’s saying that third coast hasn’t announced any plans to make nine Ball harnesses, and you should check with him to see if he’s willing to make them before gathering all of the other items for a build.

1 week later
#922 2 years ago
Quoted from sethbenjamin:

So.....I may be crazy, but I'm seriously looking into scratch building a Nine Ball. So the tough parts are the large drop target bank

I know where there’s a cheap Flight 2000 drop target bank. You’d have to modify it and PBR sells the memory coils. Pm me if you’re interested in the lead.

1 month later
#932 2 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

Can anyone suggest a good match for the orange on the cabinet? I am planning on repainting the front part of the head.
In addition to the outer edges being rough, someone painted over the front edge of the trim boards with black and I want to get it back to all orange.
I’ve started to sand it down and fortunately the rest of the head looks very presentable.
Ideally there is a good primer + paint option in a rattle can.
[quoted image]

Have you looked into Molotov paint?

#944 2 years ago

Someone probably replaced the insert with whatever they had available at the time. Operators were notorious for putting in any drop targets, spinners, etc. they had on hand to keep a pin going and earning money.

1 week later
#952 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Captain..... we got a problem!
Ideas? I bet no one repros these targets.
Hope I'm wrong.
[quoted image]

This is the Pinsider that makes repro faces for Williams pins but they look square in shape. You need a rectangular shape. Try calling Pinball Resource as he has items not listed on his site.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/04551-bally-williams-reproduction-pinball-parts

#959 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

What is the EM pin that has 5 Nine Ball drop target assembles?

Stern “pinball”. There are two versions, em and ss.

#960 2 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

I have a Pinball EM parts game that has 5 of those targets in it. And the assembly to go with them!
[quoted image]

In that picture the targets look to be different sizes.

#967 2 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

I've gotten a few PM's about these targets now, so anyone who PM'ed bear with me because that game is not in a place for me to open up and remove parts, also I have plans for some of them myself.
Pretty sure it's the same size as the NLA target faces for Bally Eight Ball & Six Million Dollar Man targets too. Those sell quick for $25 each on eBay. Someone needs to remake these things.
[quoted image]

I think the original nine Ball targets had two white circles. I’ll ask around as I think I can come up with a few nos copies in a couple of weeks. I’ll let everyone know.

#977 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It would not be hard to make a replacement target. Making one in red could be the challenge. Getting the right material will also be a challenge. As far as making them, it would not be hard other than making the white ring on the face.
This is a piece of crap material for a demo.
[quoted image]
4 cuts on the band saw and you have a target.
[quoted image]
Why doesn't someone make these? Looks like Stern Pinball and Stern Nine Ball are the only pins that would need these. It does not look much demand.

Steve Young makes 95% of the drop targets and he won’t make them due to low demand. My nos source (if he still has them) may be the only good option.

#987 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Unless Bluespin comes thru.

Have more faith in me Craig!

#1002 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

happy to recreate, just need a few more dimensions:
- thickness
- rivet / hole size
- radius of corners

Again, I think I have a source for some nos targets. Let’s wait a week or so for me to work my contacts before looking into manufacturing new.

#1004 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

In Bluespin we trust.

Then you’re all doomed...

#1014 2 years ago

My source no longer has the nos stand up targets.

#1018 2 years ago
Quoted from toemeister:

Hi, I'm new to restoring and have a Nine Ball that I've got it working all but sound. Up to now, I've put in all new boards from Alltek, a working SB -300, speaker, volume control and cables. But I'm still not getting any sound, any help would be appreciated. I'm hoping it just a little glitch I'm not aware of. thanks in advance.

There should’ve two diswitch settings for sound; background and game play. Are you not getting either type of sound?

#1020 2 years ago
Quoted from toemeister:

neither types of sound

Are the cables connecting the sound boards to the mpu new? Check the manual, and pictures on update, to make sure that you seated them correctly.

#1030 2 years ago
Quoted from toemeister:

Yes, I was sure to connect cables correctly since most new cables don't even use 2 posts on boards. thanks.

Dip Switch 8 on the MPU should be in the OFF position to turn on the background sound. What position is this in?

9ball (resized).JPG9ball (resized).JPG
6 months later
#1087 2 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

I’m in need of the large drop target assembly. It’s entirely missing from a project I’m working on.

I’m considering an alternative and I am wondering if anyone in the same situation has been able to use two four-bank assemblies?

I think someone was going to try to convert a F2K bank. I don’t think two separate four banks will work.

5 months later
#1133 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It is $2500.00 of best offer. Maybe $2000.00 would get it.

It was $3500 earlier this week elsewhere.

#1137 1 year ago

The recent sales on Pinside were $4500 and fully working with decent playfields. Typical wear in the ball rack but fully working. This one will need a lot of work.

1 week later
#1144 1 year ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

I have your old Nine Ball once removed, I believe. Picked it up for $1900 in early 2019 and thought I was paying a premium for one of the nicer ones I’d ever seen

That was a seller in Alabama and it was a really beautiful example.

1 month later
#1167 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

managed to snap the thousands bonus drop target - anyone know a source for a replacement?
[quoted image]

This Pinsider makes stand up targets for Williams pins that no one else makes. Maybe he’d be wiling to make one for Nine Ball.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/all

2 months later
#1203 1 year ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

how do I go in to switch test.

The buttons in the coin door. See the manual on ipdb for details.

3 months later
#1259 11 months ago
Quoted from Deadlander:

Hi have a 9ball project that needs an updated set of rom with the latest bug fixes. Does anyone have a recommendation on who to get new roms from? I’m using a melody lane cpu for my 9ball so would prefer a new set of roms.
Thanks
Al

I suggest ordering a weebly mpu. $167 delivered, and you can later add custom roms, which you can’t do with an Alltek mpu. https://nvram.weebly.com/

5 months later
#1283 5 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I don't know what size rubber ring installs on the dead pop body

The picture you clipped from PBR says 1” ring.

2 months later
#1302 83 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

I bought a whole set of repros for my Nine Ball, but couldn't even use them since they didn't match the original playfield at all. I was fortunate to find originals to replace the broken ones on E-bay.

CPR or Mirco?

#1304 83 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think it was CPR. Are Mirco's any better?

Don’t know. How do the pictures compare?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.00
$ 42.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 3.00
$ 959.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bluespin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nine-ball-club-all-welcome?tu=bluespin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.