IMG_4931 (resized).JPG
IMG_4922 (resized).jpg
IMG_4918 (resized).jpg
IMG_4917 (resized).jpg
IMG_4916 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-01-06 at 9.23.20 AM (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_4905 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aKa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 9 years ago

Also in !

My first pinball. I'm restoring it right now but I won't do crazy stuff, just make it nice and playable.
You're spot on regarding the "over-the-top love". I would not have gone through the trouble of restoring a machine if it wasn't for this particular one.

#21 9 years ago

Since we can share our missing Nine ball parts in this club, is there someone here who knows where I could find one of those brackets that hold the bottom of the playfield below the lockbar. One of mines is broken, and it breaks my heart.

Broken bracket.jpgBroken bracket.jpg

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I would recommend asking in the 2518 club, since someone may have an extra from another game.
-mof
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-as-2518-club

Thanks for the advice mof.

I build a home-made one with two small shelf braces and a bolt, I'll see how it works when I put the playfield back into the cabinet (in a few days).

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from singlebanana:

Bowen did a nice tutorial as well:
» YouTube video

Well he seemed a bit confused at one point ... "I don't know, I don't understand this game" to quote him.

I made a Visual Pinball recreation of this table some time ago (check it out !) so I've got a good grasp of the rules : they're not really complicated and are quite well covered in the various videos posted here.

A few things :
- the inlanes or the dead bumper that advance the bonus when lit are lit at random during the game (there's a switch to make it more or less frequent), usualy 2 out of 3, and will strobe between the 3 when the spinner spins. They will not be lit when you have to shoot the 8 or 9 target.
-the 8 target is tough to get by a direct shot, but you can reach it with a bank shot through the spinner (as well as the lock).
-shooting the spinner when the 9 target strobes through the eight lights will accelerate the rate of the strobing. Try your luck at getting the 9 by doing a bank shot through the spinner.

1 week later
#50 9 years ago

I read on the Internet Pinball Database that the inspiration for the wizard design on our beloved pinball machine came from the art on a t-shirt. This t-shirt is reproduced in Roger Sharpe's 1977 book "Pinball!", but I don't have it.

I found this t-shirt art on the internet, from Roach Studios, dated 1974. Is this it ? Certainly looks like it.
Pinball Wizard.jpgPinball Wizard.jpg

#65 9 years ago

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 3.00
$ 12.00
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 42.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 959.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 199.95
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aKa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nine-ball-club-all-welcome?tu=aKa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.