IMG_4931 (resized).JPG
IMG_4922 (resized).jpg
IMG_4918 (resized).jpg
IMG_4917 (resized).jpg
IMG_4916 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-01-06 at 9.23.20 AM (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_4905 (resized).jpg
There are 1,309 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 27.
#251 6 years ago
Quoted from gabegabegabe:

count me in for 1 set.

That makes you #13.

Would the next one who is in please say you are #14. Thanks.

#252 6 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Thanks for taking on this project, and good call making a board for the 9 bonus count lamps too! This is great!

I have told him several times that I want him to make a profit on the Big Game boards and now the Nine Ball boards. The reason is simple; I'm greedy. I want to see him make boards for my other classic Sterns, too And it takes money to make the mare go.

#253 6 years ago

I'll take a set, call me # 14

#254 6 years ago

Originally posted via PM, I'm in for a set of lamp boards.

#255 6 years ago

Craig,
I picked up a Nine Ball today. Put me down for a lamp board. I'll be set #15.

John

#256 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Craig,
I picked up a Nine Ball today. Put me down for a lamp board. I'll be set #15.
John

OK. A Nine Ball to go with your Seawitch. Not bad.

1 week later
#257 6 years ago

Ahoy gentlemen, the boards are here and checked out. I am ready to take orders. See the web site www.pinballreplacementparts.com, it is easier, I am setup for the charges, shipping, all that stuff. The set comes as 3 boards.. two by the drops and one diamond in the center. 555 sockets are separate. Standoffs and screws are included. I can handle about 13 orders, then will have to order more boards. I am only putting them on my web site, not $Epay, they take like 14% all told. The go-daddy site only takes 2% or so.
And drum roll.. Meteor lamp boards are designed on the computer, ready to order and go through fitting.
Thanks for the encouragement.

IMG_20170525_203016685 (resized).jpgIMG_20170525_203016685 (resized).jpg

#258 6 years ago

Fantastic

#259 6 years ago

I have joined the 9-ball club and am looking for a restorable playfield.

If anyone has a core, wall hanger, nos, whatever, reproduction, etc...

please reach out.

#260 6 years ago
Quoted from Ilikewires:

the boards are here and checked out. I am ready to take orders.

Just ordered!
Thanks!

#261 6 years ago

Ordered 2 sets. Thanks!

#262 6 years ago

I must be doing it wrong -- item says "out of stock"
-mof

#263 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I must be doing it wrong -- item says "out of stock"
-mof

appears to be the case. shows OOS on my end also

#264 6 years ago

Sorry guys, before I ordered it said three left in stock. So I think that left only two, which CoreyStup bought.
Hopefully PBReplacementParts gets some more.

#265 6 years ago

If someone is itching to get one, I would "loan" my second set as long as when the next batch comes in it gets replaced. I don't need two immediately.

LMK.

#266 6 years ago

Damn, they went fast! Please let us know when the next batch is ready, Ilikewires !

#267 6 years ago

Sorry fellows, my bad. I did not update the inventory number when I put it on the web site. I have 13 sets total as of now.
Thanks!

#268 6 years ago

Just bought 2! Thanks for making these, Ilikewires !!

1 week later
#269 6 years ago

Anybody install their boards yet? Thoughts?

#270 6 years ago
Quoted from Ilikewires:

Anybody install their boards yet? Thoughts?

Received mine, but haven't had time to install.
They appear very solid and the traces look beefy.
I should have thought to order the lamp holders at the same time, since you have those on your site also.

#271 6 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I should have thought to order the lamp holders at the same time, since you have those on your site also.

Same here! Doh!!

Once i have the sockets on hand I'll be installing my boards. I'll follow up here!

#272 6 years ago

Same boat

Need to order more sockets

#273 6 years ago

Interesting, I assumed that with games being parted out here and there, hand-fulls of sockets were easy to be had. Hmmm..
The Meteor PC boards are here and ready to test. Looking for one beta tester to try them out.. interested?

2 months later
#274 6 years ago

CPR just announced in their monthly newsletter that they will be making Nine Ball playfields! I will find a link tonight after I get back from my tournament

#275 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

CPR just announced in their monthly newsletter that they will be making Nine Ball playfields! I will find a link tonight after I get back from my tournament

That's AWESOME! I'm definitely getting one!!!

#276 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Fantastic ! Something else for me to spend my money on

#277 6 years ago

That is good news but, honestly, I was hoping the Hardtop playfield guys would release a hardtop for Nine Ball first. Less expensive and easier to install than a full playfield swap. Plus, if it really is more durable than clear coat, it seems like it would be a good alternative.

If you feel the same, vote for Nine Ball here: (and maybe Embryon too

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hardtop-playfield-new-product-announcement-poll-included

#278 6 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

That is good news but, honestly, I was hoping the Hardtop playfield guys would release a hardtop for Nine Ball first. Less expensive and easier to install than a full playfield swap. Plus, if it really is more durable than clear coat, it seems like it would be a good alternative.
If you feel the same, vote for Nine Ball here: (and maybe Embryon too
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hardtop-playfield-new-product-announcement-poll-included

Do you know for a fact that it is more durable then clear coat? Or are you just speculating? Here is one thing about clear coat no one talks about. If something was to happen to your clear coat, it would be no big deal to strip the top of your play field, sand and prep and put on a new coat of clear---just like painting and re-painting a car.

I like those hardtops and think those guys are doing a super job. But if given a choice, I would rather have a full repro play field to swap.

#279 6 years ago

Nope, not for a fact. I'm going by what they say about their durability. I've been painting custom cars and motorcycles for 20+ years so I know all the benefits of clear coats, I was hoping for something between touching up and clearing a playfield ($100 in materials, many many work hours) and installing a CPR playfield. (Approx $700 for pf, plus I add a leveling layer of clear to these before I install, plus the time involved to do a full swap)

Honestly, I HATE the idea of sanding off original artwork to install the hardtop but I also don't like dealing with full playfield swaps. I'll likely try out their Space Shuttle hardtop, because our playfield is roached, and touch up and clear my Nine Ball because it's not as bad. Our games get a LOT of play weekly so it would be a good test for their product.

1 month later
#280 6 years ago

Okay guys help a technologically challenged person out... I don't get on the internet nearly enough ... When I do it's usually only Facebook to monitor my kids... so I'm sure this has been covered before...

I just picked up a Stern nine ball, clearly a restore project... I was ready to put an alltek mpu in it as it came with no mpu at all... And someone said Whoa, stop, you need an original 200 board because there's newer code that you won't get with the alltek board.

I've been skimming through some of the pages of this thread and it seems there's code that requires a socket adapter and a special size chip?

Someone else told me that it's a standard chip and its version 9B? Didn't find much on that on the Google search...

So for an old pinball guy that doesn't use computers much, what's the right answer?

#281 6 years ago

I have a nine ball with an alltek in it. works great. You will probably still need to redo connectors to get it to work right.

2 months later
#282 6 years ago

I am looking for some scans or a link for Nine Ball Instruction/ Apron Cards. I apologize if someone posted them on this thread. I quickly browsed all 6 pages.

Let me know.

Mark S.

#283 6 years ago
Quoted from terrapinmark:

I am looking for some scans or a link for Nine Ball Instruction/ Apron Cards. I apologize if someone posted them on this thread. I quickly browsed all 6 pages.
Let me know.
Mark S.

How close to original are the ones on pinballrebel?

http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/instruction/index.htm

#284 6 years ago

Those are great. I did not scroll far enough down. Thanks a bunch.

Mark

2 months later
#285 6 years ago

I just had such a great game on my Nine Ball! I was on ball 2, caught ball with left flipper, already sunk the Nine Ball, and here were my options:

- u-turn was up to 40k. One more spin around it and i can light 173k

- 4x bonus is lit and only 2 drop targets in the right 3-bank need to be hit to boost to 5x (i have my game set up that all 6 star targets have to be down to advance bonus x, i rarely see more than 3x in the course of a game)

- WOW is scrolling by the 8-bank for extra ball

I finally decided to shoot the last 2 star targets to go for 5x, just because i really want to finally achieve 7x with all 9 balls collected to hear the game sound like it's gonna explode as it scores the maxed bonus. Missed the drops, but hit WOW on the rebound! Extra ball! Then i reflexively batted the ball at the star targets again and nailed em both! 5x! Then the ball sneaks through the 'secret passage' behind the 8 ball, hitting the switch in the side lane that boosts the u-turn drop target value up to 173k! I immediately nail the 173k and burst out laughing as it insists on counting every thousand no matter how long it takes. Lost the ball while it was still counting 173k. Finally finishes that and proceeds to count my 77k Super Bonus from my previous ball where i scored the 9 Ball, and *then* counts out a full bonus with 5x! It has to sound like i made this up, but i saw it all happen and I'm still in disbelief myself. Nine Ball really is one of my all-time favorite games!

For what it's worth, i got my ass handed to me for the remaining balls i got to play. Final score:

IMAG4831.jpgIMAG4831.jpg

#286 6 years ago

Just joined. . . twice.
Nine Ball was my main interest in the haul -- I am hoping I can make one good machine out of the two.

IMG_6991 (resized).JPGIMG_6991 (resized).JPG

These have been sitting a looong time. Started yesterday by pulling the glass to get a better look at the playfield and after a quick wipe down one has potential.

IMG_7001 (resized).JPGIMG_7001 (resized).JPG

IMG_7002 (resized).JPGIMG_7002 (resized).JPG

Some wear is present but I think I can correct most of it -- I need to study Vids Playfield Restoration Guide for starters.

My challenge is on the underside:

IMG_7006B (resized).JPGIMG_7006B (resized).JPG

Seems the Drop Target Assemblies on both machines were taken apart some time in the past and I will be on the search for parts. All four flipper solenoids were robbed as well but those should be easier to source.

I hope to start a restoration thread soon. A new MPU board will probably be needed due to battery damage. This thread has been a great resource so far, hope to post again when I have something more functional.

2 months later
#287 5 years ago

Hi to every one.
I Just joined.
I have a Nine Ball here in Argentina, I love it. It is my second pinball, the first was a Captain Fantastic.
It is working good but I looks very bad. I have to do a complete re-paint of the playfield and redo the backglass.
I've scanned the PF and BG and re created them in Corel Draw (vectorized).
My next step is to try to print them directly over a new glass and a stripped PF (I have two).
My other project is to disassembly its rom, I haven't the lamp matrix and it is difficult to guess the internal working without knowing each lamp number.
Do anyone have the lamp schematics for this pinball?

#288 5 years ago

You can order a bg from John G. If you want to skip that effort. Not sure about shipping though.

Mof

#289 5 years ago
Quoted from eaf67:

Hi to every one.
I Just joined.
I have a Nine Ball here in Argentina, I love it. It is my second pinball, the first was a Captain Fantastic.
It is working good but I looks very bad. I have to do a complete re-paint of the playfield and redo the backglass.
I've scanned the PF and BG and re created them in Corel Draw (vectorized).
My next step is to try to print them directly over a new glass and a stripped PF (I have two).
My other project is to disassembly its rom, I haven't the lamp matrix and it is difficult to guess the internal working without knowing each lamp number.

Can download manual here.

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1678

#290 5 years ago

Don't waste you time. The English Manual on IPDB is not complete. It is the manual only. There are no schematics.

#291 5 years ago
Quoted from eaf67:

Hi to every one.
I Just joined.
I have a Nine Ball here in Argentina, I love it.

I just PM you two pages of schematics that include the switch matrix, solenoid matrix, and the lamp callouts.

#292 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

You can order a bg from John G. If you want to skip that effort. Not sure about shipping though.
Mof

Thank you for your advice.
I'll contact him but I'm afraid that the shipping and customs costs will make difficult to buy it.

#293 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I just PM you two pages of schematics that include the switch matrix, solenoid matrix, and the lamp callouts.

Thanks!!!
I let you know if I need more resolution but it can be read good.
The lamp matrix is not an easy figure, i've been searching it for a long time.
Thanks again.

#294 5 years ago
Quoted from eaf67:

Thanks!!!
I let you know if I need more resolution but it can be read good.
The lamp matrix is not an easy figure, i've been searching it for a long time.
Thanks again.

I can provide more resolution if needed. While the Nine Ball book that has been loaded to IPDB does not have the schematics, there are other Classic Sterns on ipdb.org that you can get the other schematics. For the most part, the schematics for these Classic Sterns are the same. Same coin door, same display schematic, same rectifier board ( except Catacomb is a bit different with one extra wire on the J-3 connector). Basically, the only difference in the different game schematics is the switch, solenoid, and lamp matrix.

The schematic for the SDU is different. Some of the info. on the SDU is generic info. but some is game specific. I may need to send you a copy of that.
With this SDU exception, you can get all of the schematics you need for your Nine Ball by getting them from the Seawitch schematics.

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=seawitch&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#2089

#296 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I can provide more resolution if needed. While the Nine Ball book that has been loaded to IPDB does not have the schematics, there are other Classic Sterns on ipdb.org that you can get the other schematics. For the most part, the schematics for these Classic Sterns are the same. Same coin door, same display schematic, same rectifier board ( except Catacomb is a bit different with one extra wire on the J-3 connector). Basically, the only difference in the different game schematics is the switch, solenoid, and lamp matrix.
The schematic for the SDU is different. Some of the info. on the SDU is generic info. but some is game specific. I may need to send you a copy of that.
With this SDU exception, you can get all of the schematics you need for your Nine Ball by getting them from the Seawitch schematics. ....

I let you know about the resolution.
I've downloaded many manuals from IPDB, I'll check your link anyway.
I don't want to abuse of your kindness, but if you don't mind to send me a copy of the SDU schematic I'll be grateful.

#297 5 years ago
Quoted from eaf67:

I let you know about the resolution.
I've downloaded many manuals from IPDB, I'll check your link anyway.
I don't want to abuse of your kindness, but if you don't mind to send me a copy of the SDU schematic I'll be grateful.

Check your PM box. The SDU schematic should be there.

#298 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Check your PM box. The SDU schematic should be there.

Thanks, I owe you one.

#299 5 years ago

I joined the club at Allentown! Thank’s frunch , game was as discribed! The game play perfect, but i will need the schematic, just in case. If someone can send it to me i will appraciated!

#300 5 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

I joined the club at Allentown! Thank’s frunch , game was as discribed! The game play perfect, but i will need the schematic, just in case. If someone can send it to me i will appraciated!

As cottonm4 said.
All Stern pinballs (Bally too) share a common architecture, and only the final connections to solenoid, switches and lamps are specific to each pinball.

Download the schematics for seawitch at IPDB, see

About the specific parts, I've received the info from him and I can't share it without his approval.
If you search in IPDB for Nine Ball you can download the owner's manual without schematics.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 959.00
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 42.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

There are 1,309 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nine-ball-club-all-welcome/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.