IMG_4931 (resized).JPG
IMG_4922 (resized).jpg
IMG_4918 (resized).jpg
IMG_4917 (resized).jpg
IMG_4916 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-01-06 at 9.23.20 AM (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_4905 (resized).jpg
There are 1,309 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 27.
#1101 1 year ago
Quoted from Zenomorp:

Nine Ball has been added to the lineup at The Arcade in Wichita. If you're in the Wichita area, stop by and say hello.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have not been to your shop since Covid started. But you do have a nice arcade of well maintained pins.

#1102 1 year ago
Quoted from Zenomorp:

So this popped up across town from me. A surgeon was moving to KC and didn't want to bring it with him. He said come get it for $500. I couldn't get there fast enough. Had numerous issues but overall not bad. Some minor playfield wear and planking, but I got most of it touched up (the best I could). The MPU had issues that I didn't want to try and troubleshoot (laziness plus it's going to be on location), so I threw in an Alltek. Also had to repin the connectors. No big deal there. After all that, I got a full non-ghosting LED kit installed, new rubbers, all new drop targets (had a friend weld on the broken arm that was lying in the bottom of the cabinet for target #1), full playfield clean and wax, new balls, full cabinet touch up, full switch adjustments and testing, new Loop Value target face, new correct pop bumper cap, new flipper bats, full solder joint inspection/reflow on playfield and boards, new plastics kit, new spinner decals, new playfield brackets, new cabinet speaker, new drop target springs, new EOS switches, and full gameplay testing....it's at 100% and looking/working great! All told, I'm into this for right around $1000. Quite the deal. The only other early SS machine I have is a Bally Star Trek but for some reason, I had a hard time getting this one setup for replays and dip switch options. Finally got it figured out. That was the last step. Now it's ready to live again for a good long while...hopefully.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from slochar:

Good deal but too bad about the spinner.

In a pinch, anybody needing a Nine Ball spinner and cannot locate one, this might work as a "reasonable" substitute. The spinner would be a little but narrower and you might have to remove a small piece of the inner shooter lane rail and you would have to wire it up using the micro switch but I think it would work as a free floating switch and not require you to install a post in the middle of the play field.

https://www.pinballlife.com/complete-spinner-assembly-with-switch.html

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1103 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

In a pinch, anybody needing a Nine Ball spinner and cannot locate one, this might work as a "reasonable" substitute.

Cliffy makes reproductions of the Nine Ball spinner bracket.
After that, it's a matter of using a wire bending jig to alter a conventional spinner.
It'll take the average person a couple of attempts most likely, but it is certainly doable.

#1104 1 year ago

So... I stopped at someone's house on the way home from Pinfest to pick up their Seawitch and walked out with Nine Ball instead. Happy to be in this club with a nice original example. It already has a playfield protector so I can play it and bring it to shows without feeling guilty about it. Awesome game. I really like the drops that reset in order. Still learning the rules.

20220508_195050 (resized).jpg20220508_195050 (resized).jpg
#1105 1 year ago

Congrats!!! Nine Ball is probably my favorite game in my collection. I've seen some of the craziest stuff happen on that game, the wide open playfield allows for some very interesting ball action.

Mine's sitting next to my Flash Gordon too!

PXL_20220509_222953275.jpgPXL_20220509_222953275.jpg
#1106 1 year ago
Quoted from frunch:

I've seen some of the craziest stuff happen on that game, the wide open playfield allows for some very interesting ball action.
[quoted image]

Agreed! It's such a cool game.

#1107 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

So... I stopped at someone's house on the way home from Pinfest to pick up their Seawitch and walked out with Nine Ball instead.

Nine Ball is a way better game.

2 weeks later
#1108 1 year ago

Anyone have the part number for the trough microswitches? I clicked on every one at marco I could find and I dont think I see the right one.

#1109 1 year ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Anyone have the part number for the trough microswitches? I clicked on every one at marco I could find and I dont think I see the right one.

Aren't they that same as the Cherry coin door switch with a different activating wire?

https://www.pinballlife.com/coin-door-switch.html

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1110 1 year ago

I think i tried a random micro switch from an arcade game a couple of years ago but it took more force than the ball weight to close it.

2 weeks later
#1111 1 year ago

Help!

My nine ball is toast!

Everything was working fine. I fixed a light inside and now its on the fritz. I undid my repair and it is still on the fritz.

Game boots up, plays normal, no issues. Lock ball 1, no issues, game plays normal. Lock ball 2, the game shoots another ball into the shooter lane and then the game melts down with the game continuously knocking the drops and firing a few random switches like the left swing (although that may just be a leaf adjustment).

I had this issue with the original boards, and have the exact same issue with a full new set of alltek boards so I know it is an adjustment under the playfield somewhere.

Anyone have any specific ideas on which switch it could be causing issues? Thank you!

It is the exact problem described here http://www.pinrepair.com/bally/9ball.htm but trying their solution does not seem to fix it.

#1112 1 year ago

Did you start switch test and confirm the shooter lane switch and all other switches are working?

The game will never work properly unless all switches register in test mode.

#1113 1 year ago

http://tsqmadness.com/slochar/ZIP/

New software that fixes many of these issues. Certainly specifically the repeating drop issue.

Sorry no alltek version though.

#1114 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I fixed a light inside and now its on the fritz.

Like replacing a bulb or replacing a socket? Perhaps a solder splash somewhere or something?

#1115 1 year ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Did you start switch test and confirm the shooter lane switch and all other switches are working?
The game will never work properly unless all switches register in test mode.

I'm an idiot... After almost 12 hours of troubleshooting and a full new board set... it was a bent leaf switch in the outhole identified in the test menu. Thank you so much!

#1116 1 year ago

Always nice to have an Alltek around!

2 weeks later
#1117 1 year ago

I'm still looking for a collectors quality Nine Ball if anyone has a lead.

I'd really appreciate it, thx

1 month later
#1118 1 year ago

A wizard followed me home today

8704A0DA-C5E6-4B31-ACC5-C404C37BF2FB (resized).jpeg8704A0DA-C5E6-4B31-ACC5-C404C37BF2FB (resized).jpeg
#1119 1 year ago

No way...
Gratz !!!

scroll to the end for the wizard...

#1120 1 year ago

Looking to start my 9 ball restoration. Wondering if anyone has extra playfield and plastics set they don’t want. Have a signed NOS Willy Wanka playfield, Original MM and AFM playfields(both restorable) I’d be willing to offer as trade bait.
Regards,
Al

#1121 1 year ago
Quoted from Deadlander:

Looking to start my 9 ball restoration. Wondering if anyone has extra playfield and plastics set they don’t want. Have a signed NOS Willy Wanka playfield, Original MM and AFM playfields(both restorable) I’d be willing to offer as trade bait.
Regards,
Al

I have nice set of used plastics. I will also have a play field as I am going to install a new repro play field.

PM if you would like to see pics.

#1122 1 year ago
Quoted from mof:

No way...
Gratz !!!
scroll to the end for the wizard...

It's funny but anytime I see someone posting about their Nine Ball purchase, or just a photo post with one sitting in the background, it always generates the most positive "oooooo's & ahhhhhh's" responses. Hey look a Nine Ball! Great game!

I never expected to own one, but I couldn't pass when the opportunity came up. Feeling fortunate to be in the club!

#1123 1 year ago

Question for the club: about 20% of the time when I power-on NB the MPU boots up fine but the sound emits a loud solid tone. I get attract mode lights, and it appears the game is running fine, so it appears only related to the sound board. Should I start with caps and connectors on the sound board or is there something else specific that drives such behavior?

#1124 1 year ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

Question for the club: about 20% of the time when I power-on NB the MPU boots up fine but the sound emits a loud solid tone. I get attract mode lights, and it appears the game is running fine, so it appears only related to the sound board. Should I start with caps and connectors on the sound board or is there something else specific that drives such behavior?

I would first try and re-seat the ribbon connectors.
Try the game with out the connectors... if the sound
board locks up the the connectors not attached, it could be a decoder
failing.

1 month later
#1125 1 year ago

Hey hey, if your interested Todd Tuckey at TNT took a tour of my friends Warehouse secret arcade here in SoCal, the arcade is our hang out club house, the video is the new california trip Vid.
You can see.my Nine ball I got from Banning and fixed up.
Jim let's me keep it at the arcade.... as I'm out of Room!

Sorry I dont know how to link the video, but it's on YouTube...

#1126 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Hey hey, if your interested Todd Tuckey at TNT took a tour of my friends Warehouse secret arcade here in SoCal, the arcade is our hang out club house, the video is the new california trip Vid.
You can see.my Nine ball I got from Banning and fixed up.
Jim let's me keep it at the arcade.... as I'm out of Room!
Sorry I dont know how to link the video, but it's on YouTube...

What is the name of the video?

To link the video, copy the characters in the search bar and paste them into the pinside page.

#1127 1 year ago

TNT in Calfornia, part one. Is the title.
It's the newest video on the tnt amusements youtube channel.

#1128 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

TNT in Calfornia, part one. Is the title.
It's the newest video on the tnt amusements youtube channel.

You can click on "Share" then "Copy Link" and paste the link here.

1 week later
#1129 1 year ago

Just joined the club last night, super excited to try the game out. Have never played a fully working one before so hopefully that changes soon

#1130 1 year ago
Quoted from Harrisonmax02:

Just joined the club last night, super excited to try the game out. Have never played a fully working one before so hopefully that changes soon

Congrats!!! The rules may take a little while to fully "get" but it's well worth the journey, imo. Nine Ball might be my favorite pinball machine of all time, it's that much fun for me

Btw, if anyone else is looking to join the club I just noticed an ad for a Nine Ball here at pinside. $2500 for a project may not be great, but finding a Nine Ball at all seems like a feat unto itself...so the price may not sting so much given the rarity.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/142335

#1131 1 year ago

It’s not so bad

#1132 1 year ago
Quoted from frunch:

Congrats!!! The rules may take a little while to fully "get" but it's well worth the journey, imo. Nine Ball might be my favorite pinball machine of all time, it's that much fun for me
Btw, if anyone else is looking to join the club I just noticed an ad for a Nine Ball here at pinside. $2500 for a project may not be great, but finding a Nine Ball at all seems like a feat unto itself...so the price may not sting so much given the rarity.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/142335

Quoted from jj44114:

It’s not so bad

It is $2500.00 of best offer. Maybe $2000.00 would get it.

#1133 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It is $2500.00 of best offer. Maybe $2000.00 would get it.

It was $3500 earlier this week elsewhere.

#1134 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

It was $3500 earlier this week elsewhere.

motivated seller.

#1135 1 year ago

That thing sells quick, I think

#1136 1 year ago

2500 isn’t too outrageous. Grabbed mine for 750 which was a steal. I’ll post pictures tomorrow

#1137 1 year ago

The recent sales on Pinside were $4500 and fully working with decent playfields. Typical wear in the ball rack but fully working. This one will need a lot of work.

#1138 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

The recent sales on Pinside were $4500 and fully working with decent playfields. Typical wear in the ball rack but fully working. This one will need a lot of work.

I paid $1400.00 for mine 6 years ago. The cabinet was presentable. And the play field is in good condition but has some flames around a couple of inserts.

This one for sale looks rough. But I am going to restore my cabinet and install a Mirco play field. In some things, it is all relative. Nine Ball seems to bringing the money in restored condition. In today's pinball market, $2000.00 for this NB does not seem to be idiocy.

#1139 1 year ago

Replaced u10 and a new power rectifier board and she lives!

7F899423-B1D8-4553-8EAB-8B76F38E736C (resized).jpeg7F899423-B1D8-4553-8EAB-8B76F38E736C (resized).jpeg82089E27-8D6A-4243-93DD-39CE205C19FC (resized).jpeg82089E27-8D6A-4243-93DD-39CE205C19FC (resized).jpegFD759264-474E-4E0B-9B84-BAE45E6F757A (resized).jpegFD759264-474E-4E0B-9B84-BAE45E6F757A (resized).jpeg
#1140 1 year ago

Hot damn, Congrats..

#1141 1 year ago

Best classic Stern ever made.

#1142 1 year ago
Quoted from Harrisonmax02:

2500 isn’t too outrageous. Grabbed mine for 750 which was a steal. I’ll post pictures tomorrow

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nine-ball-club-all-welcome/page/23#post-7073966

I paid $3200 for mine 2 months ago and it needs a complete restore. I passed on one 5 years ago, and I've regretted that decision ever since. NB is a grail pin for lack of a better word. A killer playing cornerstone of any serious pinball player's collection IMO. I was happy just to finally acquire one. Wasn't debating the price or thinking about all the work I need to do to it. They just don't come up for sale that often. I still have a hard time believing I have one folded up in my garage right now.

#1143 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I have your old Nine Ball once removed, I believe. Picked it up for $1900 in early 2019 and thought I was paying a premium for one of the nicer ones I’d ever seen

#1144 1 year ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

I have your old Nine Ball once removed, I believe. Picked it up for $1900 in early 2019 and thought I was paying a premium for one of the nicer ones I’d ever seen

That was a seller in Alabama and it was a really beautiful example.

#1145 1 year ago

Where do I get that ROM that is supposed to stop the multi-balls clogging up the left ball lock?

#1146 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Where do I get that ROM that is supposed to stop the multi-balls clogging up the left ball lock?

http://tsqmadness.com/slochar/ZIP/

#1147 1 year ago

Scott's rom definitely help though the switches can also be a pain :/

#1148 1 year ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

Scott's rom definitely help though the switches can also be a pain :/

yep, you can't fix in software the need for the switches to actually work correctly. At least not without breaking a bunch of other stuff.

The biggest fixes were definitely the memory drop not being seen (game stops and does nothing.) and the single drop not resetting (needs a reboot when this happens AFAICT)

The dumbest thing in there was the shooter lane switch - you could (conceivably) hold the plunger up so the served ball never hits the shooter lane switch, and wait a couple seconds, if you time it right, you shoot the ball up and another one gets served into the shooter lane. The game will never count balls correctly after that.

#1149 1 year ago
Quoted from slochar:

yep, you can't fix in software the need for the switches to actually work correctly. At least not without breaking a bunch of other stuff.
The biggest fixes were definitely the memory drop not being seen (game stops and does nothing.) and the single drop not resetting (needs a reboot when this happens AFAICT)
The dumbest thing in there was the shooter lane switch - you could (conceivably) hold the plunger up so the served ball never hits the shooter lane switch, and wait a couple seconds, if you time it right, you shoot the ball up and another one gets served into the shooter lane. The game will never count balls correctly after that.

let's hope Cayle George doesn't see this post

#1150 1 year ago

I am loathe to admit it but I kind of wish I had had $2500 in hand to blow on a project Nine Ball. I’ve been acquiring parts for a scratch build and building a pin a la carte is turning out to be expensive and leaving a lot of question marks to be dealt with later.

This is what happens when you get caught up pursuing a “grail” game…

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 959.00
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 42.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 12.00
$ 3.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,309 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nine-ball-club-all-welcome/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.