IMG_4931 (resized).JPG
IMG_4922 (resized).jpg
IMG_4918 (resized).jpg
IMG_4917 (resized).jpg
IMG_4916 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-01-06 at 9.23.20 AM (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_4905 (resized).jpg

There are 1,309 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 27.
#951 2 years ago

gonzo73 congrats on your Nine Ball!

#952 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Captain..... we got a problem!
Ideas? I bet no one repros these targets.
Hope I'm wrong.
[quoted image]

This is the Pinsider that makes repro faces for Williams pins but they look square in shape. You need a rectangular shape. Try calling Pinball Resource as he has items not listed on his site.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/04551-bally-williams-reproduction-pinball-parts

#953 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Captain..... we got a problem!
Ideas? I bet no one repros these targets.
Hope I'm wrong.
[quoted image]

Quoted from bluespin:

This is the Pinsider that makes repro faces for Williams pins but they look square in shape. You need a rectangular shape. Try calling Pinball Resource as he has items not listed on his site.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/04551-bally-williams-reproduction-pinball-parts

Good suggestion but PBR is out of stock. A phone call would not hurt, though. Email might be better; Steve gets a little testy when you ask about something that his website says is OOS.

I could make you a replacement target from clear polycarbonate. It will never break. But it would be clear and I would have to paint it red on the backside. I am not an artist do I can't get the white ring on for you though. You would also have to remove your broken target and clamp this one on and drill your own rivet holes and lock them into position.

If rivets will not work for you, you can get some #4 machine screws, lock washers, and nuts and screw it on.

I have a piece of .100 clear poly in stock. I can manually cut you one and paint the back side for $20.00. + postage. it will not look original and it will not look machine made but it will look nice.

PM if interested.

#954 2 years ago

Thanks for the info and ideas, we'll start investigating options Monday.
Fingers crossed.

#955 2 years ago

I have a Pinball EM parts game that has 5 of those targets in it. And the assembly to go with them!

9D90ACF8-EAC3-4D90-B4FB-2C5B1C4A8FD5 (resized).jpeg9D90ACF8-EAC3-4D90-B4FB-2C5B1C4A8FD5 (resized).jpeg
#956 2 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

I have a Pinball EM parts game that has 5 of those targets in it. And the assembly to go with them!
[quoted image]

I'd like to hear the rest of this story.

#957 2 years ago

It uses 5 of those same single drop mechs with the wide target. What’s the story?

#958 2 years ago

It uses 5 of those same single drop mechs with the wide target. What’s the story?

What is the EM pin that has 5 Nine Ball drop target assembles?

#959 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

What is the EM pin that has 5 Nine Ball drop target assembles?

Stern “pinball”. There are two versions, em and ss.

#960 2 years ago

[quoted image]

In that picture the targets look to be different sizes.

#961 2 years ago

The targets in the pic are two different sizes or they’re a different size from Nine Ball? They look the same to me.

I linked the game on my post because it’s a very confusing game title to reference and a lot of people have never heard of it.

#962 2 years ago

The Nine Ball target measures 1.5 inches wide.

#963 2 years ago

I'd have to dig the game out to measure but they sure look the same to me ("Pinball" pic from IPDB)

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#964 2 years ago

I just emailed PBR this morning and he said no stock, then came here to see everyone talking about this part. Crazy.

So yeah, I also need one. If anyone has a suggestion for a substitute or some way to graft on a similar target I'm all ears.

#965 2 years ago

Someone with cad skills could laser cut a few sets out of red plastic for this target.

#966 2 years ago

I've gotten a few PM's about these targets now, so anyone who PM'ed bear with me because that game is not in a place for me to open up and remove parts, also I have plans for some of them myself.

Pretty sure it's the same size as the NLA target faces for Bally Eight Ball & Six Million Dollar Man targets too. Those sell quick for $25 each on eBay. Someone needs to remake these things.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#967 2 years ago

I've gotten a few PM's about these targets now, so anyone who PM'ed bear with me because that game is not in a place for me to open up and remove parts, also I have plans for some of them myself.
Pretty sure it's the same size as the NLA target faces for Bally Eight Ball & Six Million Dollar Man targets too. Those sell quick for $25 each on eBay. Someone needs to remake these things.
[quoted image]

I think the original nine Ball targets had two white circles. I’ll ask around as I think I can come up with a few nos copies in a couple of weeks. I’ll let everyone know.

#968 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I think the original nine Ball targets had two white circles. I’ll ask around as I think I can come up with a few nos copies in a couple of weeks. I’ll let everyone know.

Outstanding.

#969 2 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Someone with cad skills could laser cut a few sets out of red plastic for this target.

I know acrylic sheet comes in all colors of the rainbow but acrylic cracks/shatters under impact.

Polycarbonate (Lexan) does not break but only comes in clear, AFAIK.

I don't know much about PETG other than how it is used for play field plastics. Whatever he had up above that broke is not a good testament for what Stern used.

I"m thinking that maybe some .080/.100" T-6 aluminum, cut to size, painted red, and covered with some mylar might be the way to go.

#970 2 years ago

Maybe swinks could repro the target face? It would require riveting but doable. Then you could make the drop blue too!

The flyer definitely has the bullseye targets but I've seen way too many Nine Balls without the circles to think it didn't ship with a blank face at some point in the run. My armchair guess is they used up a leftover box of bullseye ones from Pinball and then made the rest with blanks? Pure speculation.

#971 2 years ago

It would require riveting but doable

A #4 machine screw might work for anyone who does not know how to drive a rivet.

#972 2 years ago

Here's what the target looks like. This was from Pinball Resource.

20210928_165339 (resized).jpg20210928_165339 (resized).jpg20210928_165345 (resized).jpg20210928_165345 (resized).jpg
#973 2 years ago

anyone in the hobby remake plastic targets like this? doesn't sound like it is very easy but we have people remaking ramps so...

#974 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Here's what the target looks like. This was from Pinball Resource.
[quoted image][quoted image]

From my old notes:
Williams D/T Face #3A-7431-4-5-18
Used on ( Star Pool)(Big Ben)(Triple Strike)
Stern ( Ali)(Nine Ball)
Scratch (Ali) from list.

#975 2 years ago

Star Pool / Big Ben / Triple Strike targets look like they could be subbed in pretty easily, probably the mechs too. Design is just a little different. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/3A-7431-4-5-18 (NLA, of course, but maybe easier to find those games parted out).

I don't think Ali had the wide target. AFAIK, the only other Stern was Pinball.

#976 2 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

anyone in the hobby remake plastic targets like this? doesn't sound like it is very easy but we have people remaking ramps so...

It would not be hard to make a replacement target. Making one in red could be the challenge. Getting the right material will also be a challenge. As far as making them, it would not be hard other than making the white ring on the face.

This is a piece of crap material for a demo.

IMG_7790 (resized).JPGIMG_7790 (resized).JPG

4 cuts on the band saw and you have a target.

IMG_7791 (resized).JPGIMG_7791 (resized).JPG

Why doesn't someone make these? Looks like Stern Pinball and Stern Nine Ball are the only pins that would need these. It does not look much demand.

#977 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It would not be hard to make a replacement target. Making one in red could be the challenge. Getting the right material will also be a challenge. As far as making them, it would not be hard other than making the white ring on the face.
This is a piece of crap material for a demo.
[quoted image]
4 cuts on the band saw and you have a target.
[quoted image]
Why doesn't someone make these? Looks like Stern Pinball and Stern Nine Ball are the only pins that would need these. It does not look much demand.

Steve Young makes 95% of the drop targets and he won’t make them due to low demand. My nos source (if he still has them) may be the only good option.

#978 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Looks like Stern Pinball and Stern Nine Ball are the only pins that would need these.

Same as grand Prix and all those other Williams em s that use them? Maybe not high demand but lots of possible sources.

Does stampede/rawhide use them too i forget what the pf is like on those.

#979 2 years ago

I believe Formost Plastics has the molds to the two styles of target faces.

#980 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Same as grand Prix and all ....

You saying the targets in Grand Prix are the same as Nine Ball? That ain't right
Probably mis read something

#981 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You saying the targets in Grand Prix are the same as Nine Ball? That ain't right
Probably mis read something

More confusion.

#982 2 years ago

The ones on Grand Prix (and others like Triple Action, not to be confused with Triple Strike) are not as wide.

Stampede/Rawhide does not have drops, but does have some custom wider targets that look like they should be drops.

#983 2 years ago

Square vs rectangle clearly

#984 2 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

I believe Formost Plastics has the molds to the two styles of target faces.

Formost might set up for an order of...say....5000.

#985 2 years ago

The ones on Grand Prix (and others like Triple Action, not to be confused with Triple Strike) are not as wide.
Stampede/Rawhide does not have drops, but does have some custom wider targets that look like they should be drops.

So far, since you own a Stern Pinbal with some of these drop targets, it looks like you are everybody's best friend for anyone who needs one of these targets

Unless Bluespin comes thru.

#986 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Formost might set up for an order of...say....5000.

Looks like it's time for everybody to pool their resources together and start making
Stern's Nine Ball.

#987 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Unless Bluespin comes thru.

Have more faith in me Craig!

#988 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Have more faith in me Craig!

I'll think about it. Let me see you walk on water

#989 2 years ago

Just ordered (from Mirco on pinside) a Nine Ball playfield for $799 shipped to the US. Seemed like a good deal considering the price on their website is $1141us plus shipping.

Interesting, I placed the order literally 40 minutes ago and just received a call from a UPS distribution center in Massachusetts asking for an address clarification. I thought Mirco only shipped from Germany, but they must have stock in the US also.

#990 2 years ago

So the drop face here is ALMOST wide enough? Would it really matter if it's just a shade smaller?

People seem to not care when they have to replace chichlet's with flattops on the drops....

#991 2 years ago

I talked to swinks and he is down to recreate these in his store. I'm going to pull my Pinball out this weekend and snag one of those mechs out so I can measure a target. If anyone else has easier access to one they could measure, that'd be cool too.

#992 2 years ago

I'm in the middle of shopping out the Wms Grand Prix I just picked up.
Here they are.
Not the same, I think.

20210930_123440 (resized).jpg20210930_123440 (resized).jpg20210930_123602 (resized).jpg20210930_123602 (resized).jpg

#993 2 years ago

I got 1.5 inches wide and 1 1/16 inches tall but somebody else should probably verify!
161FC0C2-E4D0-4779-BC7D-23832A8A81A3 (resized).jpeg161FC0C2-E4D0-4779-BC7D-23832A8A81A3 (resized).jpeg80D10E33-FF8F-4734-9EB4-0601DF257F92 (resized).jpeg80D10E33-FF8F-4734-9EB4-0601DF257F92 (resized).jpeg

#994 2 years ago

Oh and here’s a reference for the corner roundness!

62A2EE98-9D29-4485-8041-09D1EDDEE1FA (resized).jpeg62A2EE98-9D29-4485-8041-09D1EDDEE1FA (resized).jpeg
#995 2 years ago

From my old note:
1½" wide
1-1/16" tall
3/4" across edge to center
¼" top/bottom center to rivet hole

#996 2 years ago

Are the face and stem two separate pieces or one? What purpose does the stem serve being riveted to a metal armature?

6EF1078F-3D16-472A-8723-42633F59E0E1 (resized).jpeg6EF1078F-3D16-472A-8723-42633F59E0E1 (resized).jpeg
#997 2 years ago

Yes, seperate. No idea why, this is the original that came with mine in the coin box. A NOS one was already installed in the game.

6E8C62B5-42C8-467B-9E92-4DB2E9F3E094 (resized).jpeg6E8C62B5-42C8-467B-9E92-4DB2E9F3E094 (resized).jpegAD76E399-9125-469A-B134-DCD7B4A9A48D (resized).jpegAD76E399-9125-469A-B134-DCD7B4A9A48D (resized).jpeg

4A7A1721-7C52-4543-B476-A8A610118415 (resized).jpeg4A7A1721-7C52-4543-B476-A8A610118415 (resized).jpeg
#998 2 years ago

I assume the stem piece is the lip to catch on the mech. Probably less in demand unless the lip has worn out.

#999 2 years ago

happy to recreate, just need a few more dimensions:
- thickness
- rivet / hole size
- radius of corners

#1000 2 years ago

Just noticed we're right on the cusp of our 1,000th post here in the Nine Ball club!

Just thought I'd divert from the target talk for a hot minute and just say Nine Ball is my favorite pinball machine. I don't give that honor lightly! But time and time again, I have so much fun playing it!

Just yesterday I had an awesome shot that swept all three of the upper right drops, and in the same game I managed to get a 3-ball multiball and watched in dismay as one of the three balls shot up towards the *lit 173,000 target* (!!!!) but went just left of it...around the U-turn, resetting the target value to 10,000...man was I feeling the pain watching that 173,000 slip out of my grasp so swiftly...I love this game, lol!!!

Cheers to all you fellow Nine Ball fans!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
There are 1,309 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nine-ball-club-all-welcome/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.