New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 123617)

Nine Ball Club... (all welcome)

By mof

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 823 posts
  • 102 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by ss-pinball
  • Topic is favorited by 41 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 298 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Nine Ball_stitch-- (resized).jpg
pop bumper cap rescale.jpg
20200730_182258.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 2.55.39 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 2.54.31 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 2.55.10 AM (resized).png
IMG-20200722-WA0020 (resized).jpg
IMG-20200722-WA0018 (resized).jpg
20200722_210727 (resized).jpg
20200721_190150 (resized).jpg
20200719_175418 (resized).jpg
20200719_175101 (resized).jpg
20200719_174846 (resized).jpg
20200719_122015 (resized).jpg
14E56431-1129-4970-9653-10A773189CEB (resized).jpeg
IMG_2913 (resized).JPG

There are 823 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.
#801 28 days ago
Quoted from EEE:

I saw that along with a few other parts from a parted Nine Ball. That part didn’t last long, did it?

That was a real nice NB play field that sold, as well.

#802 27 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

There are no 4-drop assemblies on Nine Ball. There are 2 3-drop assemblies on Nine Ball. However, there one 8-drop Nine Ball drop assembly.

sorry I meant the 8 drop. My game keeps having an issue where the drop is lowered but the game isn’t detecting it - I’ve tried a lot to fix it as has another tech but we keep having this issue.

#803 27 days ago

New drop assembly isn't going to fix that. Do you have the other weird symptoms of not locking balls correctly and shit like that?
Going through the pool ball counting/reseting targets correctly?

#804 27 days ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

sorry I meant the 8 drop. My game keeps having an issue where the drop is lowered but the game isn’t detecting it - I’ve tried a lot to fix it as has another tech but we keep having this issue.

Sounds like a switch, connector, or wiring problem, to me.

#805 27 days ago

Yep, my game will very occasionally do the keep-trying-to-drop-the-drop thing... it misses the switch closure somehow and that's it for the software, need to reboot. Happens once in maybe a hundred games. Known issue with the stock software, even R60 I believe.

There is new code in development that fixes the problem and adds features.. unfortunately I haven't found a suitable chip in my stash yet to burn it for testing.

#806 27 days ago

It also happens regularly if your having an issue with a reset coil.
Guys, I hate that issue!

#807 23 days ago

a nine ball just dropped in my house, came from a friend, for a temporary move
in fact wanna get's an old SS for the nostalgia, and a (quite) simple gameplay, and this pin do the trick perfectly

#808 22 days ago

can i ask

in factory settings, there are 2 replay levels used, in 3 balls its than set at 620.000 & 1.200.000 pts, what is suppose to be given ? REPLAY or EB ?

tanx

#809 21 days ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

can i ask
in factory settings, there are 2 replay levels used, in 3 balls its than set at 620.000 & 1.200.000 pts, what is suppose to be given ? REPLAY or EB ?
tanx

Replay.

#810 21 days ago

logical

ok, set to REPLAY than...

tanx

1 week later
#811 12 days ago

i just realized... is the large drop target bank on F2K the same as 9 ball minus the single drop target coils? But the overall mech is the same?

#812 11 days ago

Yes, the 5 bank is the same mech including individual memory drops, it just has 3 less drops in it.

#813 11 days ago

ok where is the new code update for nine ball?

#814 6 days ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

I sent them my PF scan a few weeks ago and it turned out good. Definitely a few section to tweak but good temp measure until repro PF

So does this mean someone is finally working on a playfield? I've seen so many that need it including the one I'm planning to grab in the next week or two. This is great news.

#815 6 days ago
Quoted from krankcolc:

So does this mean someone is finally working on a playfield? I've seen so many that need it including the one I'm planning to grab in the next week or two. This is great news.

No. Looks like he sent a playfield scan to the playfield protectors guy.
Not a bad thing at all, but not repro playfield production. Protector production.

#816 6 days ago
Quoted from RCA1:

No. Looks like he sent a playfield scan to the playfield protectors guy.
Not a bad thing at all, but not repro playfield production. Protector production.

right, i wish someone did work on a PF but I am not sure that's the case... I wonder if it would be worth pitching Mirco since they just did QS...

#817 6 days ago

I think it will happen but it's going to still be a while on repro playfields. I am hopeful for one in the next couple years.

#818 6 days ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

right, i wish someone did work on a PF but I am not sure that's the case... I wonder if it would be worth pitching Mirco since they just did QS...

CPR has been looking for a nos of very high quality Nine Ball playfield for two years now. If someone can send them their playfield they can start producing.

After Mirco tried to keep crispin Quicksilver playfield I don’t think many people will be willing to ship him their playfield.

#819 5 days ago
Quoted from bluespin:

CPR has been looking for a nos of very high quality Nine Ball playfield for two years now. If someone can send them their playfield they can start producing.
After Mirco tried to keep crispin Quicksilver playfield I don’t think many people will be willing to ship him their playfield.

Is every bodies Nine Ball play field washed out? I know mine is and sure could use a replacement.

#820 5 days ago

My playfield is perfect in every way. Full color

#821 5 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Is every bodies Nine Ball play field washed out? I know mine is and sure could use a replacement.

More than washed out. I have some areas worn to wood. Proves it's worth playing.

#822 5 days ago

yeah mine is pretty worn out...

Nine Ball_stitch-- (resized).jpg
#823 1 day ago

Mine has no missing paint but the colors are not as bright as they could be.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
There are 823 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside