IMG_4931 (resized).JPG
IMG_4922 (resized).jpg
IMG_4918 (resized).jpg
IMG_4917 (resized).jpg
IMG_4916 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-01-06 at 9.23.20 AM (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_4905 (resized).jpg

There are 1,309 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 27.
#801 3 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

I saw that along with a few other parts from a parted Nine Ball. That part didn’t last long, did it?

That was a real nice NB play field that sold, as well.

#802 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

There are no 4-drop assemblies on Nine Ball. There are 2 3-drop assemblies on Nine Ball. However, there one 8-drop Nine Ball drop assembly.

sorry I meant the 8 drop. My game keeps having an issue where the drop is lowered but the game isn’t detecting it - I’ve tried a lot to fix it as has another tech but we keep having this issue.

#803 3 years ago

New drop assembly isn't going to fix that. Do you have the other weird symptoms of not locking balls correctly and shit like that?
Going through the pool ball counting/reseting targets correctly?

#804 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

sorry I meant the 8 drop. My game keeps having an issue where the drop is lowered but the game isn’t detecting it - I’ve tried a lot to fix it as has another tech but we keep having this issue.

Sounds like a switch, connector, or wiring problem, to me.

#805 3 years ago

Yep, my game will very occasionally do the keep-trying-to-drop-the-drop thing... it misses the switch closure somehow and that's it for the software, need to reboot. Happens once in maybe a hundred games. Known issue with the stock software, even R60 I believe.

There is new code in development that fixes the problem and adds features.. unfortunately I haven't found a suitable chip in my stash yet to burn it for testing.

#806 3 years ago

It also happens regularly if your having an issue with a reset coil.
Guys, I hate that issue!

#807 3 years ago

a nine ball just dropped in my house, came from a friend, for a temporary move
in fact wanna get's an old SS for the nostalgia, and a (quite) simple gameplay, and this pin do the trick perfectly

#808 3 years ago

can i ask

in factory settings, there are 2 replay levels used, in 3 balls its than set at 620.000 & 1.200.000 pts, what is suppose to be given ? REPLAY or EB ?

tanx

#809 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

can i ask
in factory settings, there are 2 replay levels used, in 3 balls its than set at 620.000 & 1.200.000 pts, what is suppose to be given ? REPLAY or EB ?
tanx

Replay.

#810 3 years ago

logical

ok, set to REPLAY than...

tanx

1 week later
#811 3 years ago

i just realized... is the large drop target bank on F2K the same as 9 ball minus the single drop target coils? But the overall mech is the same?

#812 3 years ago

Yes, the 5 bank is the same mech including individual memory drops, it just has 3 less drops in it.

#813 3 years ago

ok where is the new code update for nine ball?

#814 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

I sent them my PF scan a few weeks ago and it turned out good. Definitely a few section to tweak but good temp measure until repro PF

So does this mean someone is finally working on a playfield? I've seen so many that need it including the one I'm planning to grab in the next week or two. This is great news.

#815 3 years ago
Quoted from krankcolc:

So does this mean someone is finally working on a playfield? I've seen so many that need it including the one I'm planning to grab in the next week or two. This is great news.

No. Looks like he sent a playfield scan to the playfield protectors guy.
Not a bad thing at all, but not repro playfield production. Protector production.

#816 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

No. Looks like he sent a playfield scan to the playfield protectors guy.
Not a bad thing at all, but not repro playfield production. Protector production.

right, i wish someone did work on a PF but I am not sure that's the case... I wonder if it would be worth pitching Mirco since they just did QS...

#817 3 years ago

I think it will happen but it's going to still be a while on repro playfields. I am hopeful for one in the next couple years.

#818 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

right, i wish someone did work on a PF but I am not sure that's the case... I wonder if it would be worth pitching Mirco since they just did QS...

CPR has been looking for a nos of very high quality Nine Ball playfield for two years now. If someone can send them their playfield they can start producing.

After Mirco tried to keep crispin Quicksilver playfield I don’t think many people will be willing to ship him their playfield.

#819 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

CPR has been looking for a nos of very high quality Nine Ball playfield for two years now. If someone can send them their playfield they can start producing.
After Mirco tried to keep crispin Quicksilver playfield I don’t think many people will be willing to ship him their playfield.

Is every bodies Nine Ball play field washed out? I know mine is and sure could use a replacement.

#820 3 years ago

My playfield is perfect in every way. Full color

#821 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Is every bodies Nine Ball play field washed out? I know mine is and sure could use a replacement.

More than washed out. I have some areas worn to wood. Proves it's worth playing.

#822 3 years ago

yeah mine is pretty worn out...

Nine Ball_stitch-- (resized).jpgNine Ball_stitch-- (resized).jpg
#823 3 years ago

Mine has no missing paint but the colors are not as bright as they could be.

#824 3 years ago

I hear rumor that someone here might have a few of these NOS in their hoard. Please pm me if you have one that you might sell.

Mine has a split at the bottom, below the rivet.

BE44CEBC-50DD-4C7B-93C2-AF9B5AD868B0 (resized).jpegBE44CEBC-50DD-4C7B-93C2-AF9B5AD868B0 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#825 3 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

I hear rumor that someone here might have a few of these NOS in their hoard. Please pm me if you have one that you might sell.
Mine has a split at the bottom, below the rivet.
[quoted image]

I recently bought from PBResource. A-382-1 Drop Target 9 Ball $9.00ea

1 month later
#826 3 years ago

new nine ball code is awesome.

#827 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:new nine ball code is awesome.

Can you share some differences in the new code?

#828 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Can you share some differences in the new code?

spinner counter
single drop improved handling
8 bank drop improved handling

nothing for multiball stuff yet though

#829 3 years ago

Sounds interesting. Do you have to program all roms? If not, which ones? Where do you get the code to burn?

#831 3 years ago

Hey joining the club for the nominal price $100

16073076968358737442289601464510 (resized).jpg16073076968358737442289601464510 (resized).jpg
#832 3 years ago
Quoted from Hyperion:

Hey joining the club for the nominal price $100
[quoted image]

Deal of the Century. You are fixing to have a whole lot of fun. You just don't know how much fun, yet.

#833 3 years ago

So I can finally announce that almost 5 months ago I disassembled my Nine Ball and sent the playfield and plastics off to Mirco Playfield Reproductions here in Germany.

Mirco painstakingly reproduced the playfield AND plastics which can now be found on their website for purchase.

I was happy to help out the pinball community and I'm glad you all will now be able to restore your machines to their former glory.

I am now as excited as you all are...can't wait to get my own playfield and get my game back together after months of being in pieces! I hope I remember what went where!

https://mircoplayfields.com/en/p/nine-ball-mirco-playfield-unbreakable-plastic-set-combo

Thanks to cottonm4 for reaching out to me about this opportunity many months ago. Pinsiders helping each other is what I love about the community.

20200727_173728 (resized).jpg20200727_173728 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201210-111637_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201210-111637_Chrome (resized).jpg20201210_111905 (resized).jpg20201210_111905 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201210-111714_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201210-111714_Chrome (resized).jpg20201210_111844 (resized).jpg20201210_111844 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201210-111816_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201210-111816_Chrome (resized).jpg

#834 3 years ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

So I can finally announce that almost 5 months ago I disassembled my Nine Ball and sent the playfield and plastics off to Mirco Playfield Reproductions here in Germany.
Mirco painstakingly reproduced the playfield AND plastics which can now be found on their website for purchase.
I was happy to help out the pinball community and I'm glad you all will now be able to restore your machines to their former glory.
I am now as excited as you all are...can't wait to get my own playfield and get my game back together after months of being in pieces! I hope I remember what went where!
https://mircoplayfields.com/en/p/nine-ball-mirco-playfield-unbreakable-plastic-set-combo
Thanks to cottonm4 for reaching out to me about this opportunity many months ago. Pinsiders helping each other is what I love about the community.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks very nice, Duffy. I am so glad you responded to my PM. You very easy could have blown me off.

I saw where you were bringing that Nine Ball home and saw your address was Germany. I just glad that I sent a PM you.

Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 9.15.42 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-12-07 at 9.15.42 AM (resized).png

And now, I and we, can all restore our Nine Ball pins.

#835 3 years ago

Pretty sweet stuff. I like the color saturation. Here is my original NOS for comparison....My old field on left.!!!

DSCF1152 (resized).JPGDSCF1152 (resized).JPG
#837 3 years ago

Steve Kirk would be proud!!! The man at the shop!!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#838 3 years ago

Looking for a nine ball in case someone doesn’t want to do the swap.

#839 3 years ago
Quoted from jj44114:

Looking for a nine ball in case someone doesn’t want to do the swap.

I hope you can find a good restore candidate.

I have heard through the grapevine that there will be another option for new playfields within the next few weeks.

It's a good time to be a member of the club.

1 week later
#840 3 years ago

Currently about 90% finished on the playfield bottom side reassembly. I have a broken rollover-type red plastic piece which I cannot find a part number anywhere for. Does anyone have a part number or know where I can find one? It's the two-piece red pastic piece that the ball presses down on when in the lock.

Thanks!

20201223_144303 (resized).jpg20201223_144303 (resized).jpg
#841 3 years ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

Currently about 90% finished on the playfield bottom side reassembly. I have a broken rollover-type red plastic piece which I cannot find a part number anywhere for. Does anyone have a part number or know where I can find one? It's the two-piece red pastic piece that the ball presses down on when in the lock.
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Steve at Pinball Resourse has both the base plate and the arm.

http://www.pbresource.com/rollobut.htm

These are actually for a Gottlieb pins. The holes are a little bit different You will need to fill your 3 attachment holes with some dowel rod and redrill to match your new part. I'm not positive but I think the arms will interchange.

The part is .$1.35. Shipping to Germany? Not cheap.

Screen Shot 2020-12-24 at 4.47.28 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-12-24 at 4.47.28 PM (resized).png

1 week later
#842 3 years ago

I finally was able to install this new beta rom set (2 of the 2732 courtesy of T-Tommy here who burned them for me) and I’ve run across zero glitches.

Thanks slochar, this adds new life to a great table.

1 week later
#844 3 years ago

the playfield pic and it said semi functional

#845 3 years ago

cabinet

#846 3 years ago
Quoted from Hyperion:

This Nine ball sold for $2000 on facebook ... still trying to wrap my head around that.

Why? The playfield looks OK from the visible area, not worn to wood around the pop. Add in one of these:

https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/nineball-2/

and likely a new CPU and you still got a NB under 3K.

#847 3 years ago

great deal, i got mine from a barn find with a rat nest (and skull) in it, and i think it was 2.5-3k... they are just so rare

#848 3 years ago

Ok, who has a NB they want to sell? I’m looking and have a fist full of money!

2 weeks later
#849 3 years ago

It has arrived! Looks good to me. A few slight differences here and there if you look close enough, but overall very well done. Clearcoat is glasslike. Gonna look real nice in the game

9ball1.png9ball1.png9ball2.png9ball2.png9ball3.png9ball3.png9ball4.png9ball4.png
#850 3 years ago

After providing the donor playfield to Mirco for reproduction purposes, I am still struggling with getting my Nine Ball back together and working properly. I have a few issues with the game and I'm not too knowledgeable about Nine Ball so I was wondering if this behavior is normal:

1. When the ball is dropped into the shooter lane, I somehow score 3,000 points for nothing. I can't find any switches closed anywhere.

2. The 8-bank drop target does not always reset all targets properly. Sometimes they all stay up, sometimes it resets, and 1, 2, 3 or more of the targets fall immediately. They aren't being dropped by the small coils...they just dont stay up. It seems completely random.

3. If I shoot a ball into the lock before the 5-ball target has been dropped, it scores points for all of the targets that are still UP. Is this normal behavior?

4. Sometimes I am able lock 2 balls and the game just sits there, never shoots out a third ball. Is this a known bug in the game?

I really appreciate any help.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
There are 1,309 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nine-ball-club-all-welcome/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.