IMG_4931 (resized).JPG
IMG_4922 (resized).jpg
IMG_4918 (resized).jpg
IMG_4917 (resized).jpg
IMG_4916 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-01-06 at 9.23.20 AM (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_4905 (resized).jpg

There are 1,309 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 27.
#751 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

need feedback on how it's working/not working. MPU200 or a weebly board will work for testing, although if able use a 200 because I want to make sure it runs correctly on what most people would have.

Yep, got your PM and will burn this when I get a chance as long as I have a spare chip of the correct size in the stash.

#752 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yep, got your PM and will burn this when I get a chance as long as I have a spare chip of the correct size in the stash.

What kind of chip is needed to burn the roms onto?

#753 3 years ago

If you have a weebly with the 512 socket, a 27C512, if you have the mpu200, it depends on what you currently have - if you have 4x2716's, you need that, or you can jumper the game for 2x2732.

#754 3 years ago

Thanks for the info! I'm interested in trying out the roms, but I'll need to see which mpu i have in my game. I know i don't have a weebly board, but I'm not sure if it's a bally or stern installed. Can either board be used or does it need to be a stern board? I'll check into that and see what type of roms I'll need while I'm in there too. Thanks for your help, and for making these cool roms!

#755 3 years ago

If it's not an aftermarket board it has to be a stern because bally boards don't have the extra RAM stern boards do.

#756 3 years ago

I will try to beta test the new code. Attached are pics of my stern -200 board.

I have four HN462716 chips currently installed.

59738F0C-6228-46DC-8530-63CFA2FF2D85 (resized).jpeg59738F0C-6228-46DC-8530-63CFA2FF2D85 (resized).jpegBADB89E2-127A-4BD7-940F-16E1216118E7 (resized).jpegBADB89E2-127A-4BD7-940F-16E1216118E7 (resized).jpegF59AA00D-9332-44AA-A60A-5B92BCEFCDBA (resized).jpegF59AA00D-9332-44AA-A60A-5B92BCEFCDBA (resized).jpeg

#757 3 years ago

If you can get a hold of 28c16 eeproms they should drop in as 2716's. I find 2716's a pain to work with because they usually require 25v to program (which my minipro doesn't do, and I haven't dusted off the ancient data i/o parallel port programmer in years)

I wouldn't erase your existing chips for instance as I've found that the chips can be a bear to erase and get a good burn out of subsequently. I have about 10 that just sit here waiting to be used and then erased again when the burn fails.

#758 3 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

Attached are pics of my stern -200 board.

Judging by the hand written labels on U1 and U5, any chance you can dump them and check them against the Nine Ball ROMs on IPDB? maybe you have an alternate factory version??

#759 3 years ago

This was the NOS field I put in my Nineball many years ago. The double picture has my original which was pretty nice and since sold it. We did this swap in 9 hours. Speed matters

DSCF1153 (resized).JPGDSCF1153 (resized).JPGDSCF1128 (resized).JPGDSCF1128 (resized).JPGDSCF1152 (resized).JPGDSCF1152 (resized).JPGDSCF1184 (resized).JPGDSCF1184 (resized).JPG
#760 3 years ago

I could really use any playfield... mine is flaking just lightly cleaning it
IMG_2913 (resized).JPGIMG_2913 (resized).JPG

#761 3 years ago

Just ordered a repro backglass from ClassicPlayfields. My current bg isn't bad (no flaking) but it does have one rather long scratch. Hoping the repro looks decent.

#762 3 years ago

Sorry it's sideways. Looks great to me.

Quoted from arzoo:

Just ordered a repro backglass from ClassicPlayfields. My current bg isn't bad (no flaking) but it does have one rather long scratch. Hoping the repro looks decent.

14E56431-1129-4970-9653-10A773189CEB (resized).jpeg14E56431-1129-4970-9653-10A773189CEB (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#763 3 years ago

Question on gameplay. If you really rack up the bonus and multipliers, is the end of ball bonus sound supposed to continue increasing by an octave until it’s range gets to high and then it just clicks like static?

#764 3 years ago
Quoted from EEE:Question on gameplay. If you really rack up the bonus and multipliers, is the end of ball bonus sound supposed to continue increasing by an octave until it’s range gets to high and then it just clicks like static?

That is correct.

#765 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

How does the new one compare?

#766 3 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

Still haven't received it. I sent them an email yesterday asking for an order update.

#767 3 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

I picked up the mirrored version a few months ago. I think it looks great. The colors look good to me.

I posted images here but they don’t really do it justice.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nine-ball-club-all-welcome/page/12#post-5185836

#768 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Still haven't received it. I sent them an email yesterday asking for an order update.

Just a guess, but you might end up with a wait as it clears customs at the border. Things seem to be very slow into/out of the country.

#769 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Just a guess, but you might end up with a wait as it clears customs at the border. Things seem to be very slow into/out of the country.

Looks like the shipping label was just created in the UPS system. I'm guessing ClassicPlayfields never shipped my order until just recently (when I asked for the status). I'm sure it was an oversight. Just have to wait a bit longer.

#770 3 years ago

I'd like to say hello to everyone as I officially joined the club 1 week ago! I was lucky to find a NB for sale here in Germany about 4 hours away. I took a risk on the deal as I didn't have many photos to go off of. When I arrived, it was being sold by a young guy and his girlfriend who had it in a 4th story apartment (no elevator). I was surprised to find that the playfield was in very good shape with only minor touch-ups in the past! I had just found a TX-Sector in a 5th floor apartment 1 month ago...so high-rise apartments must be the place to find rare games! The seller broke the playfield glass right before I showed up which gave me a bit more haggling power!

Anyway, It needs some love and was gonna be a partial restore so immediately the playfield was stripped and cabinet gutted. Stay tuned and let's see where this goes

20200719_122015 (resized).jpg20200719_122015 (resized).jpg20200719_174846 (resized).jpg20200719_174846 (resized).jpg20200719_175101 (resized).jpg20200719_175101 (resized).jpg20200719_175418 (resized).jpg20200719_175418 (resized).jpg20200721_190150 (resized).jpg20200721_190150 (resized).jpg20200722_210727 (resized).jpg20200722_210727 (resized).jpgIMG-20200722-WA0018 (resized).jpgIMG-20200722-WA0018 (resized).jpgIMG-20200722-WA0020 (resized).jpgIMG-20200722-WA0020 (resized).jpg
#771 3 years ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

It needs some love and was gonna be a partial restore so immediately the playfield was stripped and cabinet gutted. Stay tuned and let's see where this goes

You should start your own restore thread for this project and then link it to this club page, that way its easier to keep it together and not get lost in this club thread. I'm looking forward seeing your progress please post lots of pictures, I love following and seeing the transformations. I have a Nine Ball awaiting a full restore as well.

#772 3 years ago

Is there repro of the dead pop cap? Mine is really on its last leg...

#773 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

You can buy the cap. There are just no repros with the Nine Ball text. You can buy almost any color you want.

They are called "slant tops". PBR has a lot of them. If you can't get a blank, you will have to sand all of the ink of and redo. I have been working on a deal but have not finished it yet.

http://www.pbresource.com/pfbumper.htm

Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 2.54.31 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-07-30 at 2.54.31 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 2.55.10 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-07-30 at 2.55.10 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 2.55.39 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-07-30 at 2.55.39 AM (resized).png

#774 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

bigdaddy1 had three for sale about a year ago but only sold two (at least that's what the archived listing is showing). Seems like a long shot but you might want to pm him and ask if he still has the one?
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/83083

#775 3 years ago

I bought the lsat one. check Steves pinball resource

#776 3 years ago

folks
my nine ball has started to trip my RCD - any advice?

Neil.

#777 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

They are called "slant tops". PBR has a lot of them. If you can't get a blank, you will have to sand all of the ink of and redo. I have been working on a deal but have not finished it yet.

yeah i am surprised there is no decal?

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I bought the lsat one. check Steves pinball resource

$80 each? whoaaa there is a market there

#778 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

yeah i am surprised there is no decal?

$80 each? whoaaa there is a market there

Looks like I better get back to work own that decal

#779 3 years ago

pretty sure i have the file if you want to have it

#780 3 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

Please. I would like to have that. Thanks.

#781 3 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

Do you mind sending it my way as well? My target bumper is totally cracked and I'm ordering a new one. I'll PM you. Thanks!

#782 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

For those of us in the US, "RCD" seems to translate as "GFCI".
Is your house current 120 or 240 volt?

#783 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

folks
Neil.

Normally this will happen when there exists any current flow returning through the ground line. The current in from the hot and back through the neutral should be balanced. Any difference between these 2 will cause the RCD (GFCI) to trip. Start by making sure the transformer assembly, all boards, coin door, etc. are properly grounded and you don't have a loss anywhere. Use continuity beep and check between the ground pin on the plug (machine unplugged of course) and the parts I mentioned. You should have continuity.

#784 3 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

I would love to have the file as well. I purchased the blank cap already. PM sent!

#785 3 years ago

I have a used spare one I'd sell. Make me a offer.

20200730_182258.jpg20200730_182258.jpg
#786 3 years ago

sorry guy...

I only find a scan of my old one... don't know why i didn't keep the file

pop bumper cap rescale.jpgpop bumper cap rescale.jpg
#787 3 years ago

Meteor has these also...Marco carries them...they are Meteor colored. I'll check tomorrow if they are hot stamped or if they come with a sticker--I want to say they come with a sticker.

Either way it may be worth a call to Marco to see about making some for Nine Ball.

Those molds are somewhere...

1 week later
#788 3 years ago

I was watching a couple of gameplay videos for Nine Ball and noticed the point value jumped to $173,000 at the horseshoe target. Does anyone know if there is a backstory as to how that value got assigned? With it being so odd, I figure that has to be a story of some sort. Thanks!

#789 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I was watching a couple of gameplay videos for Nine Ball and noticed the point value jumped to $173,000 at the horseshoe target. Does anyone know if there is a backstory as to how that value got assigned? With it being so odd, I figure that has to be a story of some sort. Thanks!

Make sure you hit the stand up target when it’s lit for 173k. If you pass through the horseshoe it’ll reset to 10k.

#790 3 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

I'll check tomorrow if they are hot stamped or if they come with a sticker--I want to say they come with a sticker.

What have you found out?

#791 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

What have you found out?

I haven't been to my house with that pin in it...I do need to get over there though.
I need to finish up another project and need to get there with my volt meter...can't find it.

#792 3 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

I haven't been to my house with that pin in it...I do need to get over there though.
I need to finish up another project and need to get there with my volt meter...can't find it.

I just ordered a blank blue cap from PBR this morning. Either I will make a decal or make a silk screen.

#793 3 years ago

I experienced a little bit of odd behavior on the Nine Ball this afternoon.

TLDR... Could weird behavior be the result of the gap of the jet bumper being too close?

Here’s what happened.....

I turned the machine on and it went through it’s typical boot up, including the left side kickout. The machine was ready to play.

The upper two drop target banks each had a target or two down when I pushed the start button. The machine started its usual start of ball drop reset but didn’t complete and then froze up. It seemed that it could not reset the drop targets. No blown fuses or other apparent breakdown.

I turned the machine off and on again and it booted up the same as before and when I pressed start it did the same freeze up behavior.

Turned the machine off and I manually reset the right side drops and the big set on the left, but not the topmost bank and the machine booted up and started however with a louder and somewhat incorrect background sound. I played a couple of balls and the sound corrected itself, and after couple more games no further problems arose.

Twenty minutes later I turned it back on, started a game and as soon as the ball hit the jet bumper it froze up again.

I lifted the playfield and increased the gap and played a few games with no problems.

Added over 4 years ago:

Solution!: I replaced the 2 solenoid driver board capacitors and the problem seems to be fixed.

1 month later
#794 3 years ago

Nine Ball playfield protector is now available. I just installed mine and it looks great and works well. Needed to lift a few things to get it to sit perfectly. Game plays great. No more worries of playfield wear.

https://www.playfield-protectors.net/products/nine-ball-1980-stern

#795 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Nine Ball playfield protector is now available. I just installed mine and it looks great and works well. Needed to lift a few things to get it to sit perfectly. Game plays great. No more worries of playfield wear.
https://www.playfield-protectors.net/products/nine-ball-1980-stern

I sent them my PF scan a few weeks ago and it turned out good. Definitely a few section to tweak but good temp measure until repro PF

#796 3 years ago

Anyone got a spare drop target mech for the two 4 drop mechs?

#797 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Anyone got a spare drop target mech for the two 4 drop mechs?

There are no 4-drop assemblies on Nine Ball. There are 2 3-drop assemblies on Nine Ball. However, there one 8-drop Nine Ball drop assembly.

#798 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

However, there one 8-drop Nine Ball drop assembly.

and i don't know if there is such a thing as a spare 8-drop assembly out there!

#799 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

and i don't know if there is such a thing as a spare 8-drop assembly out there!

One sold on Ebay the other day and I missed it.

#800 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

One sold on Ebay the other day and I missed it.

I saw that along with a few other parts from a parted Nine Ball. That part didn’t last long, did it?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
There are 1,309 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nine-ball-club-all-welcome/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.