IMG_4931 (resized).JPG
IMG_4922 (resized).jpg
IMG_4918 (resized).jpg
IMG_4917 (resized).jpg
IMG_4916 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-01-06 at 9.23.20 AM (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_4905 (resized).jpg

There are 1,309 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 27.
#651 4 years ago
Quoted from Pingball:

Great work on the protector! Where do you get the plastic sheeting?
Hadn't thought to put post LED's facing downwards rather than under the post. Going to give that a try.

Ebay

ebay.com link: Clear PETG plastic sheets 020 x 24 x 48 Polyester Sheet RC Hobby

The Comet LED sells those post lights and also the matrix lighting strips that are also cool as hell.

https://www.cometpinball.com/collections/matrix-lights-wiring

#652 4 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Well if someone can make me a protector, I'd gladly pay you for it.

I have thought about a little bit. I'd like to help you out, but...

I have the perfect pattern on my Nine Ball. But I would have to strip the protector of my play field. I would need to trace it out on a fresh sheet of plastic. I make my cuts close and it is my opinion that no two play fields are the same so what fits mine might not fit yours without some extra trimming work on your part. And I am thinking you would probably have to trim it to fit anyway.

And the other thing is swarf. When using a Dremel Tool to grind away excess material it leaves fuzzies on the edges. There is no way I can get rid of the fuzzies 100%. So what happens as you lay the protector down and start playing all of these fuzzies start flaking off and get under the play field and after a fews plays you have to remove the protector and wipe all of the fuzzies off and then replace the protector.

I got a few games on with the new protector and already I see I will need to remove the protector and clean everything down again. I have swarf fuzzies already---and no matter how much you sweep, brush, air blow, no matter how much you clean beforehand there is always some small piece of crap that comes from who-knows-where and gets under the protector.

With the work that is involved, especially since I am guessing you will still need to do some trimming work, I would much rather see you spend you money on a few tools and supplies you would need then I could give you instructions on how to make your own. If you have an iPhone we could even do the teaching on Facetime. It would give you a better understanding and you would appreciate it more.

If you are slightly more than halfway handy with a screwdriver, I could teach you how to make one. I don't mind teaching and teaching comes for free. But if I cut one it would cost. And I have about 3 months work in front of me already.

#653 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I cannot see the 3000 over in the left lane, but would be very happy is my play field looks like yours,.

That is my one wear spot, guessing it's a common one. Is there a stencil or decal out there for this?

15821274809494015294339077539398 (resized).jpg15821274809494015294339077539398 (resized).jpg
#654 4 years ago
Quoted from Pingball:

That is my one wear spot, guessing it's a common one. Is there a stencil or decal out there for this?

Same exact spot here... I was thinking water-slide decal... Someone has to have made one already?

#655 4 years ago
Quoted from Pingball:

That is my one wear spot, guessing it's a common one. Is there a stencil or decal out there for this?[quoted image]

You could be everybody's hero. Your play field looks good enough (to me) that Stu from CPR might could use it to make the art CPR would need to make repro Nine Ball play field. I sent Stu pics of my play field but it is too far gone for Stu to use.

But yours looks very nice.

#656 4 years ago

If you put everyone's PF together there's enough for a perfect one

P1030476 (resized).JPGP1030476 (resized).JPG
#657 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You could be everybody's hero. Your play field looks good enough (to me) that Stu from CPR might could use it to make the art CPR would need to make repro Nine Ball play field. I sent Stu pics of my play field but it is too far gone for Stu to use.
But yours looks very nice.

They seem to do lots of classic Stern backglasses and plastics. Don't think I've seen a playfield by them yet. Are they interested/able to do them?

#658 4 years ago
Quoted from Pingball:

They seem to do lots of classic Stern backglasses and plastics. Don't think I've seen a playfield by them yet. Are they interested/able to do them?

Huh? They've certainly done some Stern playfields. Meteor is currently advertised on their homepage and they have certainly done Flight 2000 playfields... Catacomb is "out of stock" but they made those as well.

#659 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Huh? They've certainly done some Stern playfields. Meteor is currently advertised on their homepage and they have certainly done Flight 2000 playfields... Catacomb is "out of stock" but they made those as well.

Catacomb & Meteor both had some pretty big issues, so factor that in
Catacomb did a small run and is waiting for a big run after fixing some issues and running some other stuff

#660 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Maybe I just haven't been looking

#661 4 years ago
Quoted from Pingball:

That is my one wear spot, guessing it's a common one. Is there a stencil or decal out there for this?[quoted image]

I think I have a Files with the repro texte.... you will have to match your color and print your own decal! Let me have a look tonight

#662 4 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

I think I have a Files with the repro texte.... you will have to match your color and print your own decal! Let me have a look tonight

You're the man!

#663 4 years ago
Quoted from Pingball:

Yes. They would like to do a Nine Ball play field. As others are noting, they are doing some Stern play fields.

#664 4 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

Yes. Please RK. I could use that.

#665 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yes. Please RK. I could use that.

That's 3 of us so far...

#666 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yes. They would like to do a Nine Ball play field. As others are noting, they are doing some Stern play fields.

I'm open to helping out.

1 week later
#668 4 years ago

Folks,
anyone put LED's into their Nine Ball? if so what are you using?

Neil

#669 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Folks,
Neil

I put Comet warm whites in the backbox. Does that count?

#670 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I put Comet warm whites in the backbox. Does that count?

I only put led on the backglass also for conservation purpose only... Classic stern is beautifull with incandescent light. You can put blue or green 44 if you want a darker look on those color

#671 4 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

I only put led on the backglass also for conservation purpose only... Classic stern is beautifull with incandescent light. You can put blue or green 44 if you want a darker look on those color

Same. I did add a single directional LED bulb to replace that annoying one up by the loop that shines right in the players face.

#672 4 years ago

Looking to join the club. In search of a 9 ball projects are ok or will buy your restored one as well.
Thanks
Al

#673 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Folks,
Neil

Comet Warm White frosted for PF. Any bulbs that are in my sight line, I use incandescent.

For backglasses I use whatever old ass LEDs I have laying around form breaking down games for years. If you are going to use regualr LEDs for it, it the same as modern games, you don't need to fill every socket, it'll get too bright.

#674 4 years ago

Warm white with the GIs and color matching with the inserts. For the white inserts I like the natural white or cool whites.

#675 4 years ago
Quoted from Deadlander:

Looking to join the club. In search of a 9 ball projects are ok or will buy your restored one as well.
Thanks
Al

You will need some luck to find one. Good luck. There are a quite a few people looking for one. I wouldn’t trade mine for a NIB Stern.

#676 4 years ago

I contacted CPR to see if they had any plans for a Nine Ball playfield and Tom responded quickly; unfortunately it's not a playfield they will be doing any time soon. He suggested checking back in six months.

#677 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I contacted CPR to see if they had any plans for a Nine Ball playfield and Tom responded quickly; unfortunately it's not a playfield they will be doing any time soon. He suggested checking back in six months.

Stu often says that they need a good scan of Nine Ball .... they have nothing to work with. That'd be awesome if that changes .

#678 4 years ago

Counting the number of spinner flips on the ball/match display.

#679 4 years ago

Some dragonfist action, nice.

#680 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

You will need some luck to find one. Good luck. There are a quite a few people looking for one. I wouldn’t trade mine for a NIB Stern.

Considering stranger things and swords of rage I can see why. . If you don’t ask you don’t get plus I’m patient. Also have a nice players centaur I could trade as well.
Al

#681 4 years ago
Quoted from Deadlander:

Considering stranger things and swords of rage I can see why. . If you don’t ask you don’t get plus I’m patient.

It took me ages but I recently found one, everything shakes loose eventually!

I’d strongly consider throwing up a wanted ad with the parameters of what you’re looking for condition-wise.

In the end I got mine through person to person interaction, but I had numerous responses to my ad... every single one something along the lines of “I am still on the fence, but maybe someday”. Maybe someday is now

#682 4 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Counting the number of spinner flips on the ball/match display.

How did you make that happen?

#683 4 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

Stu often says that they need a good scan of Nine Ball .... they have nothing to work with. That'd be awesome if that changes .

curious what CPR offers the person that sends any (presumably de-populated) playfield for scanning.. anyone know?

#685 4 years ago

Wow, 9 ball's are getting sucked up quick.. This is definitely the next Star Gazer / Quicksilver in price.

#686 4 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Wow, 9 ball's are getting sucked up quick.. This is definitely the next Star Gazer / Quicksilver in price.

But NB is actually a good game.

#687 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Agree

#688 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Ouch! I agree that Stargazer is a bit meh, but Quicksilver is a good one. It's no Nine Ball, but it's a solid pin ! Stargazer and Quicksilver both have some awesome artwork though.

When it comes to classic Sterns, Nine Ball, Meteor, and Seawitch are the must-owns . Those three games are frigging awesome.

Quoted from RumRunner9:

curious what CPR offers the person that sends any (presumably de-populated) playfield for scanning.. anyone know?

This all depends of course. They claim that, at a minimum, they will give you some store credit. If they're using your playfield for art purposes (i.e. it is in great shape), they'll probably go that route.

If you have a playfield that's ratty but they're using it for CAD purposes, they have mentioned that they'll sand down your poor playfield and print new artwork onto it + clear it.

If you think you can help, just contact them and send them pics of what you have. They reply promptly and I'm quite sure they'll work with you .

#689 4 years ago

sadly, I don't have a nine ball. It's on the wish list though.

#690 4 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Are you still trying to sell your for $6K?

I hope you are right, tough. It will make me feel better when I get to the point of restoring mine.

#691 4 years ago

LOL.I’m feeling even better about splurging at $1800.

#692 4 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

When it comes to classic Sterns, Nine Ball, Meteor, and Seawitch are the must-owns . Those three games are frigging awesome.

Nine Ball is a must have for me. I have never had chance to play Meteor so I cannot pass judgement.

For me, the must owns are Big Game, Catacomb, and Nine Ball. These 3 are my keepers, and as much as I like my Seawitch, it would not make the cut if / when the time comes for me to downsize.

#693 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

For me, the must owns are Big Game, Catacomb, and Nine Ball.

That's a good three that I could live with.
I'd def like a Big Game.

#694 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Are you still trying to sell your for $6K?

Nope.. Keeping it

#695 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Nine Ball is a must have for me. I have never had chance to play Meteor so I cannot pass judgement.
For me, the must owns are Big Game, Catacomb, and Nine Ball. These 3 are my keepers, and as much as I like my Seawitch, it would not make the cut if / when the time comes for me to downsize.

You accidentally got Catacomb in the same sentence as NB and Big Game. Catacomb is a pointless piece of crap. It’s right up there with Viper. Yawn.

#696 4 years ago

Did you vote in this poll?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/catacomb-vs-big-game

I haven't played much catacomb, but -- I just can't stand bagatelles holding up my pinball game...

#697 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

You accidentally got Catacomb in the same sentence as NB and Big Game. Catacomb is a pointless piece of crap. It’s right up there with Viper. Yawn.

That's because you don't know how to play it. It is a little tougher than Seawitch.

#698 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Did you vote in this poll?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/catacomb-vs-big-game
I haven't played much catacomb, but -- I just can't stand bagatelles holding up my pinball game...

If you take the bagatelle out, you would not even be able to play the game. If you played better you would not need the bagatelle as much. There is a lot of chance in the bagatelle but there is also some skill involved that takes a bit to learn. To me, it is the solid state version of video mode.

Plus, when compared to my other pins with spinners, while those spinners on the others are safe shots, the Catacomb spinner can be deadly and send you SDTM in a heartbeat.

I predict that if you stood behind one for couple of hours that you would change your mind.

#699 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

That's because you don't know how to play it. It is a little tougher than Seawitch.

You are hilarious. I know exactly how to play it.

#700 4 years ago
Quoted from RumRunner9:

RumRunner9 I just had this talk with them about my Nine Ball playfield, risk vs reward makes it a tough proposition. Remind me and I'll fill you in at the next time we see each other.
Perhaps if someone lived right by where they do the scanning. Need to use the pinmap to figure out who is closest and sweet talk them into it...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 45.00
There are 1,309 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nine-ball-club-all-welcome/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.