Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1038 (resized).JPG
fredp (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Looking to pick up a pin and saw Nightmare on Elm Street. I have never played it but it looks cool, is it worth buying? Also what is a decent price for one, the prices seem to be all over the place for it.

#2 6 years ago

Had one at my work for a while and it is a super sound game, almost never broke down. Has an awesome soundtrack with booming bass and parts from the Nightmare on Elmstreet movies (1-Freddy's Dead). It is honestly one of my favorite pins! Very innovative skill shot with a boiler room and a lot of other cool toys. Includes claw save between the flippers and a left claw flipper that launches the ball across the playfield! The art package is very ornate! Great side art and backglass! I'm a huge fan of it so I say go for it! Go try it out! It's a real fun one I plan on getting one soon too haha

#3 6 years ago

Very fun one of gottliebs best they are an acquired taste lil heavier feel than b/w/s lol but it is Freddy so you can't go wrong.make sure heads working not all mouth open and boiler door goes up and down all the way I Sold mine after 10 years or so 1700-2200 now a days imo

#4 6 years ago

For around $800-900 it would be buyable, or if you want something that has Frddy Kruger on it badly.
You're looking at basically a SS era machine with a DMD; with a worse than average layout.

#5 6 years ago

Trying find one with all of the blades attached to the glove is tough.

#6 6 years ago

I've never found it to be fun. But that's just one guys opinion.

#7 6 years ago

Thanks for all the input . It seems now that I am looking to possibly buy one, none are for sale . There are a few other pins I am interested but Nightmare on Elm Street is probably still tops on my list. Hoping for $1500 because I would need to ship it and nothing locally will pop up in my neck of the woods .

#8 6 years ago

Cool theme but game is ok at best...... if u can get one for 1500 or under then that be ok. Gl

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from dyno:

It seems now that I am looking to possibly buy one, none are for sale .

IMO it's NOT a chasable game. If you're chasing you're gonna be overpaying, and this aint the game to do it unless you're 200% Freddy theme.

IMO

#10 6 years ago

I think it's a pretty cool game...you never see them for sale anywhere... I'd like to find one someday too. Sys 3 games are very reliable. Good luck with your pursuit!

#11 6 years ago

Thanks. I won't be chasing one and over paying, I have only so much I can spend with shipping and factoring the exchange rate. If I find one at the right price I'll buy it, I am not in a big rush to get it.

#12 6 years ago

I thought Gottliebs from that era were boingy, sproingy messes (SMB... ugh) so I put in that 50 cents expecting to regret it, but I found it a LOT of fun! Great sound, lighting was perfect, maybe only one or two really "meh" modes.

Our arcade's op was forever meddling with the head and the soft targets underneath it trying to get them to stay working, the plastic claw looked really fragile and the claw save had beaten the crap out of the paint in front of it. Not sure I'd want to maintain one but as a HUO machine sure, I'd snag one at the right price.

#13 6 years ago

I'd go try to find one and play it, man. Everyone on here hates Gottlieb so you never know if you like it until you try it. Don't let a few opinions scare you off. I agree with Law though, find one for a good price! Pinball is too expensive nowadays haha.

#14 6 years ago

I picked up a Tee'd Off since the price was right thinking....aaah this will be cool for a game or 2 now or then....Heck I play a dozen or more games daily on that machine...it's a lot of fun!! Those System 3 games are hidden treasures. I enjoy it more than the Black Rose sitting next to it.

#15 6 years ago

I owned one for many years and had LOTS of fun with it... If you're a Krueger fan, it's definitely a must-have! Pay a visit to the Freddy club thread!

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

I think it's a pretty cool game...you never see them for sale anywhere... I'd like to find one someday too. Sys 3 games are very reliable. Good luck with your pursuit!

Yeah Freddy gets listed for sale very frequently. Not a rare or difficult to find game IMO

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I owned one for many years and had LOTS of fun with it... If you're a Krueger fan, it's definitely a must-have! Pay a visit to the Freddy club thread!

I'm a huge Nightmare on Elm Street fan so seeing this game for the first time about 10 years ago made me feel like I was dreaming

#18 6 years ago

It's a good game with a lot of things going on for the price range, just not one that will last a long time in a small collection (too linear/repetitve after awhile).

fredp (resized).jpgfredp (resized).jpg

#19 6 years ago

We have restored and sold 4 units in the last five years. I enjoy the game. Having it be 100% goes a long way toward the enjoyment of this pinball. There are a handful of games that seem to have universal appeal. Beyond that it really comes down to personal taste. Don't let someone talk you out of the pinball because they didn't like it. Play the game and if you love it buy it. It is an uncommon game so to find one in mint condition will be a bit of a task. You will pay more than some of the prices mentioned. A complete replacement for the hand can be a bit pricey. There is an awesome topper available for the game. Good luck!

-J

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Snowyetti:

Very fun one of gottliebs best they are an acquired taste lil heavier feel than b/w/s lol but it is Freddy so you can't go wrong.make sure heads working not all mouth open and boiler door goes up and down all the way I Sold mine after 10 years or so 1700-2200 now a days imo

agree, i love the pin.. no ramps, but who cares... its fun, its freddy.. and englund call outs....

system 3... rock solid.

im going to do a total restore on one.... one of these days.... probably when i retire when i have time.

#21 6 years ago

I would like to try it out but there aren't any in my neck of the woods for public play . I was even thinking of the Terminator pins or Johny Mnemonic , but they might be more than I can afford . Has anyone tried Popeye saves the Earth, there are a few for sale and it looks cool.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from dyno:

Has anyone tried Popeye saves the Earth, there are a few for sale and it looks cool.

Actually I have not; but it is a very divisive game. It really gets knocked hard but some people love it.

#23 6 years ago

Is there a virtual version you could try out? Visual Pinball maybe? I had heard all the hate on the Gottlieb's as well, an honestly my Waterworld is a very solid good game, can't beat 'em for the price point.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

Is there a virtual version you could try out? Visual Pinball maybe? I had heard all the hate on the Gottlieb's as well, an honestly my Waterworld is a very solid good game, can't beat 'em for the price point.

i had a waterworld. apart from shooting the deez, theres not much else going on. nice hopper callouts though. but solid sys3 pin nonetheless.

ive played Frank Thomas Big Hurt a few times, and really liked it. very cool. wouldnt mind having one in the collection.

#25 6 years ago

Freddy at RecBar

IMG_1038 (resized).JPGIMG_1038 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nightmare-on-elm-street-worth-buying?hl=ghostthruster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.