New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 157293)

Nightmare on Elm Street Pinball - Good or no?

By Barakawins1

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Medisinyl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Curious. Anyone have a freddy in their collection and love it? I'm a fan of Freddy Krueger movies but wondering if the pinball machine would be a keeper or get old too quick?

#2 4 years ago

I haven't played one in quite a while, but it left a memorably good impression with me. I remember the jaw eject was mechanically weak and the finger knives all broke off, but the play was fun.

#3 4 years ago

It's a good game but does get old quick.

#4 4 years ago

Terribly boring in my opinion. I have had 3 machines over the years (not mine, people dropping them off for me to fix for them), and once repaired and cleaned, i barely played a full game before turning it off. Have one at the moment, and got to the final nightmare on the first ball - too easy, too open playfield and not fun i reckon.

#5 4 years ago

Awesome theme and I like the sounds but the game play leaves alot to be desired. That said.... in a big collection it would be ok especially if the price is right

#6 4 years ago

not a bad game, but like most gottliebs it's flat (one ramp). Decent rules, and if you LED the playfield it really pops! Check for wear just above the flippers, usually at the edge of the mylar.

#7 4 years ago

Not terrible but gets old really fast

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Not terrible but gets old really fast

Yup, bad game.
Way overpriced usually too.

#9 4 years ago

I think it has great callouts, great DMD animations, awesome theme and it's fun to play. I like the shots and building the power bar by making the shots and hitting the boiler room to defeat the nightmare. It's not a crazy deep game, no ramps, but it's got a bunch of multiballs 2 wizard modes and it's got a relatively low price tag. I would get another one if one became available.

#10 4 years ago

I am with the majority. Not good in a small collection. Too easy and gets old quick.

#11 4 years ago

I'm down to needing a few games to complete what I consider my keeper collection but I also have 1 or 2 that will move in and out pretty fast and with that method I'll take pretty much anything for a trial, play it and fix it maybe its here for a month or more or less but I love how theres no concern with longevity or montonous gameplay as I'll trade/sell and get something new if it doesn't work out, "gets old fast" applied for me to SS, TOTAN and several other top pins so I say buy it and play the shit out of it then decide, if your done within weeks then so be it.

#12 4 years ago

I think it's a good game. If yours is too easy then it ain't set up right.

#13 4 years ago

It's not a bad game. With the moving furnace/boiler door, Freddy shooting balls, diverter, claw flipper, claw save, etc., it does have more going on mechanically than many games in the price range. The downside (for home use) is linear game progression, but there are some side modes to discover as well. Many guests find it to be the best of my machines on initial plays as it's fairly easy, and with all the giveaway multiballs, it caters a bit to new players. The linear rules being a benefit in that case as a new player can actually see their progress easily.

That said, it will get old fast at home, though Hazoff is right about games like SS and TOTAN getting old fast as well (yet I'd still consider those better games than NOES).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
$ 249.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 109.99
$ 36.99
Playfield - Other
Pinball Stuff

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside