Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-662.jpg
image-993.jpg
image-819.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yocolifsavr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

So first off, I am new to the forums. I just bought a Nightmare on elm Street Pinball about 3 weeks ago. It has played flawlessly until this morning. I was playing and shot 2 balls back to back into the boiler room. About 15 seconds went by and a I started to see smoke come out of Freddy's head from his mouth. I quickly shut off the machine. Upon investigating I noticed 2 balls were waiting in the chute. Not sure if they got hung up or what. But here is what I have done.

F33 Fuse was Blown so I replaced it.
I noticed that the plunger tip has a Phillips head screw holding it to the plunger assembly. I see in the manual there should be a cotter pin. Maybe someone customized it?
After I fired the machine back up i used the handle of a tool and stuck it into Freddy's mouth and the sensor acted as if it recognized something passed through the sensor and Freddy's jaws constantly moved up and down. I placed a ball into Freddy's mouth and it wouldn't activate, it finally came up that the ball was stuck and seek out a technician. So is this a coil #5195 issue and I need to replace it? Should I order a new plunger assembly as well since someone rigged it up? I hope I answered all the questions so y'all can help me out.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3 9 years ago

Repair technician wants a couple hundred bucks plus parts. I have already removed the coil. Is it hard to replace a transistor?

#7 9 years ago

This is what I was looking at once I removed the mechanism. The plunger doesn't seem to bounce back easily.image.jpgimage.jpgimage-819.jpgimage-819.jpg

#8 9 years ago

The tip doesn't seem to be the one that came with the machine originally...and there are screws on the back of the mechanism that help keep the bracket for the plunger in a straight line. The screws were somewhat crooked.

#9 9 years ago

So the coil was checked with a multimeter and I was getting 1.2 ohm so the coil is shot. Pulled the board and Q13 looks like this...guess I need to order a new transistor. Which one will work? Or can someone point me in the right direction?

image-993.jpgimage-993.jpg image-662.jpgimage-662.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yocolifsavr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nightmare-on-elm-street-freddy-head-was-a-smokin?tu=Yocolifsavr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.