Nightcrawler not popping up!?

By Zampinator

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Right Nightcrawler not popping up. Did a coil test, nothing. Left works fine. Found a 3amp fuse under play field (2 side by side). Replaced it with a 7amp (all I had). Did another coil test & the small coil that allows the Nightcrawler to go down now works. Go to try the coil test to fire the Nightcrawler up & nothing! Try again, smells hot! Unplug pin, & coil that fires Nightcrawler up is crazy hot! Took the 7amp fuse out & now waiting for the hardware store to open tomorrow.
Any ideas what's going on? I need some help?
Thanks, Zamp

#2 10 years ago

Do you have the RevA aux board? My NC had issues and they were all on that board. Get in touch with Stern and your distributor right away if you need the RevB board.

#3 10 years ago

Sounds like a bad aux board I would contact Stern 1800-Kickers

#4 10 years ago

Nice! No. I've had no issues. Everything is bone stock. They will warranty it?

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Nightcrawler not popping up... Any ideas what's going on? I need some help?
Thanks, Zamp

You own an Xmen Pro?

I keed. I keed.

Good luck with repair. Stern will help you out.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

You own an Xmen Pro?
I keed. I keed.

Funny! Kick a guy when he's down!

#7 10 years ago

Sounds like a classic 8 transistor (aux board) failure. You'll need your distributor to issue a PO for Stern to send an advance replacement board. You should put an ohms meter on your 4 NC coils to see if any have failed. Stern will take care of it.

#8 10 years ago

How many ohms should it read?

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Dude, save yourself time and listen to the posters. It's a bad aux board. I had the same exact thing happen to my old X-Men and I'm 99.8% sure that is your issues.

Also, stop speculating. Call Stern and find out if they will replace it. You could have done that in the time it took you to type your speculative post.

Good luck.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Dude, save yourself time and listen to the posters. It's a bad aux board. I had the same exact thing happen to my old X-Men and I'm 99.8% sure that is your issues.
Also, stop speculating. Call Stern and find out if they will replace it. You could have done that in the time it took you to type your speculative post.
Good luck.

Dude! Already called Stern! Already boxed it up! Its on a FedEx Ground truck on its way to Chicago!
I was asking Because i was going to return the coil as well with aux board if it didn't check out with the ohms meter. Dude!

#11 10 years ago

Seems mine just crapped out. Arrggh!

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Check the ohms...

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

The up-kick coil is 4.55 ohms. If I remember correctly, the small release coil is around 54 ohms.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

The up-kick coil is 4.55 ohms. If I remember correctly, the small release coil is around 54 ohms.

Roger that. Thanks.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

How many plays on your pin? Just curious.

#16 10 years ago

Not sure as I have done all the updates and never kept track. Not that many to be sure. I hardly played it back during that suckfest-of-a-Xmas-present-code and I am gone a lot due to my job.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nightcrawler-not-popping-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.