• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by waymon
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Thanks for looking.

I just picked up a Night Rider SS version and the MPU was fried with acid. I got a new rectifier board (New transformer/rectifier unit), a rebuilt solenoid board, and an Alltek MPU.

The issue is that i get absolutely no flash or any kind of light out of the MPU board.

Here are some test results

Rectifier
T1 - 6.2
T2 - 247
T3 - 15.2
T4 - 7
T-5 - 44.9

Solenoid board
TP1 - 5.1
TP5 - 14.9

I then checked the molex connectors from both the back (where the wire goes in) and from where you would disconnect the wire from connector. Hopefully that last part makes sense.

A3 J3
PIN 11 - 15.2
PIN 14 - 5.1
PIN 15 - 5.1

A2 J3
PIN 12 - 44.8

A4 J4
PIN 12 - 15.2
PIN 15 - 44.7
PIN 16 - 5.1
PIN 17 - 5.1

Alltek board test points have no voltage.

I checked the ground to each board test point with the following procedure.
I put the meter in connectivity mode and placed the negative lead onto the ground portion of the wall plug in. (Yes it is actually still attached HA)
I got good readings from every test point at the boards ground location check point.

Further information
I have everything unplugged. the only connectors being used to try and get this to boot are the J3 plug on solenoid board and the J4 plug on MPU board.

Well i am at a loss as to why this MPU will not even have a flicker of LED or show anything for voltage.

#2 2 years ago

You should have 5v DC at the mpu if measuring between the ground test point w/black lead (tp4) and the 5v test point with red lead (tp5) with J4 plugged into the mpu.

If you're getting the voltage at the connector but not at the test points, it's very possible you have some re-pinning to do on the female connectors to the mpu (or at least J4).

3 months later
#3 2 years ago

What was the resolve? Was it the connectors?

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from GottPinball:

What was the resolve? Was it the connectors?

Life turned into a whirlwind of sorts. I sold my house and moved to
Another one. My wife got sick and a slew of other things. I have not been able to dive back into this project yet. I am hoping to get to this in the next month or so.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/night-rider-ss-no-boot-need-help?hl=waymon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.