Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by smailskid
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Got a Night Rider up and running. Noticed during a game that when any slingshot switch was closed both right and left fire. Put it into solenoid test and both solenoids fire when testing the right and the left slingshot coils. Only had about five minutes to look at last night. Will look into more tonight.

Anyone had this issue before or have a good place to start looking?

#2 7 years ago

Ground the tab of one of the sling shots transistors on the driver board. If both coils pull in, the tip102 collectors are shorted together, probably solder splash at the connector plug pins.

#3 7 years ago

I checked the grounded the tab (collector) of both transistors that operate the slings. Q11 and Q16 I think it was off the top of my head. Both slings operated separately...correctly... when grounding the tab. So I figured they must be shorted together further upstream.

I looked at the schematic, and at U2, pins 15 and 16 feed Q11 and Q16. Perfect place for a short due to the close proximity of the pins. I pulled the board and looked at the back side. Sure enough there were damaged pads in the area, and a blob of solder covering both pins 15 and 16. Once it was removed the slings worked perfect.

Thanks for the help Andrew barakandl

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/night-rider-slingshot-issue-both-fire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.