Night Rider pinball machine info

By captainadam_21

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

There are 2 Night Riders available in my area. One for $500 and the other for $450. The 500 one looks nice and I have seen pictures but I don't think he'll budge much. The 450 I have yet to see pictures. That one has been listed a bit longer on CL and is relisted about 2-3 times a week so I think he is desperate to get rid of it.

I was just curious if anyone has had experience with the game. I am gonna need to lug it up a flight of stairs and was wondering if it is super heavy. Also, any other info would be great.

#2 12 years ago

Its a fun game. They are hard to find with out tons of wear in the pop bumpers, the spinner lanes and the inserts in front of the flippers. They got the shit played out of them. I'm assuming your talking about the Solid state version here?

It weighs about 250lbs so I guess you're definition of heavy is relative...

#3 12 years ago

the 500 is definitely a SS. The 450 does not say or have pictures other than he says it is OEM and works great.

#4 12 years ago

I bought a nice one once and I couldn't wait to get rid of it. It was too random for me and kicked my butt every time. Out of those early SS Bally's I love Strikes and Spares and Lost world but Night Rider no thanks not for me! no no no!

#5 12 years ago

The canned ratings comments on the game here on the site aren't all that fabulous.

#6 12 years ago

I watched a few youtube videos and have lot a bit of interest. I grew up on a farm around trucks so the theme appeals to me but it is just bells and chimes. A few years later and it sound have had the big rig horn added as a sound effect.

I emailed the seller asking a few questions and for pictures.. I'm moving across the country in Dec, so unless I get a really good deal I do not want to lug that thing to my apartment and then turn around in 3 months and lug it to South Dakota.

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

I do not want to lug that thing to my apartment and then turn around in 3 months and lug it to South Dakota.

If it influences you at all, South Dakota is part of my search engine and there usually isn't much listed for sale there EVER...

#8 12 years ago

That is because there are 800,000 people in the state! I see there is a guy who fixes pinball machines for a living (pinballfixer) and sells them too. I'm gonna check him out after I move there.

And you have until December to clear out of South Dakota. Everyone knows that Sasquatch can kick a gorillas butt every time ha

#9 12 years ago

Everyone knows that Sasquatch can kick a gorillas butt every time

Yes, but are you REAL??? Stop in Des Moines on the way by....just take I80 all the way to NE before you turn north....

#10 12 years ago

Damn skippy Sasquatch is real. They are the coolest primate around. They are smart enough to still hide from humans, unlike those silly gorillas who were discovered by white men centuries ago.

I won't be able to stop. I am gonna be part of a caravan driving across the country in the middle of December... which is a terrible idea.

#11 12 years ago

Solid state = $775/$500 with 7000 made
Electro Mechanical = $825/$550 with 4155 made

wasn't too thrilled after playing one at a show

#12 12 years ago

Well hello fellow south dakotaian. Im just south of you by 70 miles by sioux city. I think the pin you are talking about is in yankton right?

#13 12 years ago

I am in Cleveland until December so it isn't the machine. I have seen a few in the Yankton area on CL but I think they were project pins. I saw a Monte Carlo in Brandon that has been listed for quite some time too. I know where Jefferson is but everyone know that Elk Point is far superior.. ha.

The dude isn't emailing me back so it is a no dice anyways.

#14 12 years ago

I guessing your talking about the Bally EM? That looks a nice game. I would like to play it sometime. I like the art and the way you can see the wood on the playfield. I never played it though.

#15 12 years ago

That is because there are 800,000 people in the state!

You have more people than we do. I think we are at 480,000 right now here in the LARGEST state, 2.4 times bigger than Texas. That being said, I can actually find pins here but finding a specific title is hard.

If you want it, get it. You can always sell and it is not that hard to move. it will give you practice for the rest of your future pins.

#16 12 years ago

That dude relisted it! Didn't even respond to my email. Must not want to show me pictures. This time at least he states it is the EM version and a person can stop buy for a game and check it out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/night-rider-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.