(Topic ID: 234760)

Night Rider em or Freedom em (No middle pop bumper version)

By Mercury

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Who-Dey
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which is better?”

• Freedom EM (No middle pop bumper version) 2 votes
      22%
    • Night Rider EM 7 votes
      78%

(9 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    image-17 (resized).jpg
    image-14 (resized).jpg
    freedom 002 (resized).jpg
    freedom 001 (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

What are your opinions on these 2 pins? I like Freedom but never played Night Rider.I love the 1000

point spinner on Freedom even though it tends to be random..Night Rider only lights to 100 points per spin.

Thanks

freedom 001 (resized).jpgfreedom 001 (resized).jpgfreedom 002 (resized).jpgfreedom 002 (resized).jpgimage-14 (resized).jpgimage-14 (resized).jpgimage-17 (resized).jpgimage-17 (resized).jpg
    #2 5 years ago

Fun games, Freedom has more randomness and luck involved IMO, artwork is good on both, tough choice, so just get both!

But if you have to really choose between one or the other go with Night Rider, I like the gameplay and artwork a tad better myself.

#3 5 years ago

Let’s see...T & A or no T & A.

#4 5 years ago

I've never played Freedom but it looks fun. I don't think you could go wrong either way or get both. You only live once.

#5 5 years ago

I prefer Night Rider. Freedom gets boring pretty easily. And, Yes, certainly NR is easier on the eyes.

#6 5 years ago

night Rider is more fun, 2 sets of targets. better art...freedom is fun but only for a little while..
    My 2c Buy the night Rider ..

#7 5 years ago

I own a Freedom EM. No doubt Freedom can be a random pin , but it can be a very fast pin at times which is still fun. Plus you figure out how to deal with the randomness after awhile. The pops are very active and makes for some very energetic game at times. Scored about 174K on it shortly after I purchased (pole barn find). But every game over 100K is rewarding and doesn't happen often.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #8 5 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

I own a Freedom EM. No doubt Freedom can be a random pin , but it can be a very fast pin at times which is still fun. Plus you figure out how to deal with the randomness after awhile. The pops are very active and makes for some very energetic game at times. Scored about 174K on it shortly after I purchased (pole barn find). But every game over 100K is rewarding and doesn't happen often.

I also have a Freedom and it's my fastest pin (I have all EMs). I'm often trying to get to 100,000 to hear the buzzer go off, but for me that also doesn't happen very often. With the flippers in the normal spot (unlike the rarer version with the pop bumper between the flippers), it can be a challenging shot to get the ball back to the top for the random kickout score. I think this makes the whole pin a bit less random and more challenging. I consider it a bit of an underrecognized sleeper. It can be a lot of fun.

#9 5 years ago

The obvious answer is to get both! I have Freedom and just love it. Randomness is a yes, but that makes it fun when you are playing with people of various skill levels. I haven't had a chance to play Night Rider, but it does look fun. All the ones I've ever run across were really warn, which usually means they must have been a good game to play.

Go for 2!

#10 5 years ago

I notice that on Both Freedom and Night Rider the ball doesn't regularly go into the top saucer on most of these pins..Unlike Evel Knievel where it does

most of the time.The 3 pops are in a slightly different configurations on both Freedom and Night Rider..By the time Evel Knievel came out the 3 pop

bumpers were in a configuration that allowed most balls to go into the saucer..Just my 2 cents..Curious if anyone else has noticed this?

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mercury:

I notice that on Both Freedom and Night Rider the ball doesn't regularly go into the top saucer on most of these pins...

On Freedom, it goes in the saucer a fair amount (usually when I don't want it to). The rubbers up by the saucer don't have a kicker. Just a switch for points, so it really comes down to how much you pull on the plunger and the angle of the PF.

#12 5 years ago

Thanks didn't know that.

#13 5 years ago

Freedom: To add to my other comments, just about everything you hit, except the drop targets, advances the 'bonus'. Hence, the very random play. But if you get all 5 drop targets, you get and extra ball which sort of makes up for the randomness.. It's my only EM game, and still enjoy it. Despite having some newer pins, the old school 'ding, ding, ding' is very cool...hard to beat that. There's other EM's higher on my wish list, but it is still a fun pin, plus it was a (pole) bard find with a rather decent PF.

Don't recall playing KR, so don't want to steer you wrong.

#14 5 years ago

My uncle has a EM Night Rider and we play the hell out of it everytime i go over there and it never gets old or boring. Night Rider is a killer killer game. Freedom looks fun also but i would go with Night Rider personally.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/night-rider-em-or-freedom-em-no-middle-pop-bumper-version?hl=wolverinetuner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.