20230414_181137 (resized).jpg
20230414_181210 (resized).jpg
B06A6B4A-ECE2-432A-B88B-A47608E22573 (resized).jpeg
471D10CF-4FFD-445A-B746-24CC2E9B73E3 (resized).jpeg
A5BA1734-CB0C-463C-B52D-A9EA8261D867 (resized).jpeg
F37677EB-18E4-4E50-A0C0-FF821B8E226D (resized).jpeg
58281C1E-2BAB-4F97-9093-21C195C066AD (resized).jpeg
7F41E1F9-4CC6-4A45-A256-85684A6C427A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stumptown.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 3 years ago

Just picked a solid state example up today. Have tried a few times to buy one locally but it took three attempts for a deal to stick. This one's been in storage for some time but should clean up great. Missing an MPU but that's easy to deal with.

DSC_2184 (resized).JPGDSC_2184 (resized).JPGDSC_2198 (resized).JPGDSC_2198 (resized).JPGDSC_2188 (resized).JPGDSC_2188 (resized).JPGDSC_2194 (resized).JPGDSC_2194 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#23 3 years ago

Got Night Rider running last night. New Alltek MPU and a whole lot of repinning was all it needed to play. Surprisingly the horribly corroded lamp driver board works 95%. I ordered a few clean ones on eBay and figure I can cobble a nice one together without too much trouble. Other than that all it really needs is some attention to the 3 and 4 player displays (I would almost bet this is also harness trouble) and a few lamp sockets replaced. I'm going to give it a flipper rebuild and replace the bushings in the chimes too, even though I could probably leave them alone for awhile.

DSC_2266 (resized).JPGDSC_2266 (resized).JPGDSC_2271 (resized).JPGDSC_2271 (resized).JPG

6 months later
#29 3 years ago
Quoted from MVCO:

Something fun I did yesterday to my Night Rider EM. This game has the "over the top" feature that sounds a 6 volt buzzer when you roll it over. I decided to amp that up! Being that there is a cop car on the backglass, I thought this idea may be fun.
I have an old motorized coaster style siren off an old Fire Truck. There was just enough room to mount it in the back of the cabinet. To make it work, I used a 6 volt coiled relay to switch a set of contacts for the 12 volts to the siren. Had to add a hurky 12 volt power supply I had hanging around. Wow!!! That is all I can say! The whole neighborhood knows when that game is rolled over, LOL. My wife did not know what I installed. I told her to play it until she could roll it over for a "surprise". Haha, she about shit herself when she finally set it off. Just had to share my crazy Night Rider enhancement.

Shaker motors and subwoofers ain't got shit on your mod.

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from SWMurphy:

Has anyone bought a CPR playfield yet? I want to order one but I would like to hear what others think of theirs first.

Do you know if they're direct print or screened?

1 year later
#81 1 year ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

I picked up a non-working EM version from an estate sale last week and after a few days, I have now have it coining up and starting 1, 2, 3, and 4 player games (my first EM!). I can play games, but I've got a pretty good punch list to get through before I claim it 100% working.
Question for the group: my Night Rider has a steel undercarriage. In all of the pictures I've seen online of the EM and SS versions of NR, I've not seen this undercarriage. I'm assuming it's there to protect / deter breaking into the machine from the bottom to steal the cash box. I make that assumption because the floor itself is still in good shape, i.e. this is not a repair job. I'm just curious if any knows if Bally did this at the factory for some units or as an option, or was this more likely an operator who did this himself. It's very clean-looking and fits well...this isn't a hack job. Holes had to be drilled through the cabinet, tho, for the bolts (secured by nuts on the inside of the cabinet).
After I get this pin working 100%, I'll be deciding if I'm going to take the refurb further by repairing some cabinet dings and re-stenciling. If I do that, I'll likely be filling in the cabinet holes drilled out for that steel undercarriage and not reinstalling it. I don't like the way it obscures the cabinet artwork, and this pin won't be routed (at least by me, anyway).
Do any of you guys with Night Rider have this steel undercarriage? Is it factory?[quoted image][quoted image]

Pretty sure the armor for the bottom is an aftermarket thing. My High Speed came with something similar installed and I've heard from others they've seen them on all kinds of machines. Considering how many games I've seen with a big hole carved through the bottom under the coin box, makes sense that there was a market for an added security measure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stumptown.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/night-rider-club-?tu=stumptown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.