038U0256 (resized).jpg
038U0270 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210118_221020390 (resized).jpg
20210111_183411 (resized).jpg
20210111_183400 (resized).jpg
20210111_183420 (resized).jpg
20210105_095653 (resized).jpg
20210105_095701 (resized).jpg

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 months ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Carl,
I love your "Better is Good Enough!!!"

Thnx yes that is a good motto!

1 month later
#52 3 months ago

Hi All!
Just acquired a Night Rider SS in good condition. It did not run for 20 years - hence I am up for a complete overhaul. Cabinet and playfield look great - just dirty. Seems to be complete including chimes and documentation - and the usual amount of work being required for a restore.

Nice project waiting!

20210503_195320 (resized).jpg20210503_200241 (resized).jpg20210503_200303 (resized).jpg
#53 3 months ago
Quoted from EM-fan:

Hi All!
Just acquired a Night Rider SS in good condition. It did not run for 20 years - hence I am up for a complete overhaul. Cabinet and playfield look great - just dirty. Seems to be complete including chimes and documentation - and the usual amount of work being required for a restore.
Nice project waiting!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats!! Great pin! I have EM and its really fun to play!!

1 month later
#54 63 days ago

Very pleased to be in the club finally. Picked this up from Aflacjack who was nice enough to split the shipping with me from Tennessee to New York. Going to enjoy it for a bit then start the restore with my son. Should be a fun project. I’ve never done a full restore before but after reading through RonSS posts I’m confident it will turn out great. Have my CPR playfield,pinball pimp stencils and new apron decals so far. I wish I could find a new plastic set. Reached out to CPR to see if they plan on running one. Mine are decent but would love to have a brand new set. Swapping the Playfield seemed like a daunting task but after really taking a look how things are layed out underneath the Playfield I’m pretty confident. No issues with gameplay/mechanics so that’s always a plus.

75D2D0C4-551C-4271-B8BF-A08CAE2F6151 (resized).jpeg
#55 63 days ago

Very pleased to be in the club finally.</blockquote

Congrats.

Never played one but would have one easily .never had an EM.

Ten drops and two spinners with those chimes, oh yeah.

#56 63 days ago

How does your playfield look? I've been really wanting to purchase one. Mind posting some pictures?

Quoted from Flash71:

Very pleased to be in the club finally. Picked this up from Aflacjack who was nice enough to split the shipping with me from Tennessee to New York. Going to enjoy it for a bit then start the restore with my son. Should be a fun project. I’ve never done a full restore before but after reading through RonSS posts I’m confident it will turn out great. Have my CPR playfield,pinball pimp stencils and new apron decals so far. I wish I could find a new plastic set. Reached out to CPR to see if they plan on running one. Mine are decent but would love to have a brand new set. Swapping the Playfield seemed like a daunting task but after really taking a look how things are layed out underneath the Playfield I’m pretty confident. No issues with gameplay/mechanics so that’s always a plus.
[quoted image]

#57 63 days ago
Quoted from SWMurphy:

How does your playfield look? I've been really wanting to purchase one. Mind posting some pictures?

All the inserts are sunk/cupped but overall it’s not terrible cosmetically. I’ll post some pics when I get home. I would be more then happy to send her you’re way if you’re interested for a small fee+shipping.

#58 63 days ago

Flash71 youre going to love the project!

Congrats!

#59 63 days ago

I admit RonSS has inspired me to try repairing a playfield so i would be interested in your old one so i could try that without taking my game down so please PM me and maybe we can work something out. I was initially wondering how the CPR playfield looked though? I was wondering if your happy with the art details and colors.

Quoted from Flash71:

All the inserts are sunk/cupped but overall it’s not terrible cosmetically. I’ll post some pics when I get home. I would be more then happy to send her you’re way if you’re interested for a small fee+shipping.

#60 63 days ago
Quoted from SWMurphy:

I admit RonSS has inspired me to try repairing a playfield so i would be interested in your old one so i could try that without taking my game down so please PM me and maybe we can work something out. I was initially wondering how the CPR playfield looked though? I was wondering if your happy with the art details and colors.

The CPR one is nice. Very smooth and all inserts are uniform.

C3DF91F6-07F1-4355-82E9-937F4C85CB83 (resized).jpeg
#61 63 days ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Flash71 youre going to love the project!
Congrats!

I’m looking forward to the challenge. I guess my biggest concern is rerunning of the control /general illumination lighting wire. Lots o pictures and labeling.

#62 63 days ago

Does anyone know the exact color code for the red and blue on the cab? I thought I saw sunburst red in a post.

#63 63 days ago
Quoted from Flash71:

The CPR one is nice. Very smooth and all inserts are uniform. [quoted image]

Looks great! Thanks for taking the time to share. I'd love to follow your restoration if you start a thread.

#64 63 days ago
Quoted from SWMurphy:

Looks great! Thanks for taking the time to share. I'd love to follow your restoration if you start a thread.

I think I will. It will be an adventure I’m sure. Lol!

#65 63 days ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Does anyone know the exact color code for the red and blue on the cab? I thought I saw sunburst red in a post.

That was from gdonovan. Its the spray can color from Home Depot, so i doubt an exact match, but it looks pretty good.

#66 63 days ago

I have a can of blue in the garage still, ill grab the color for you shortly.

#67 62 days ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I have a can of blue in the garage still, ill grab the color for you shortly.

Arg! Totally forgot! AM. Sorry.

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside