• Latest reply 6 years ago by MaxAsh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

zOver_Top_Buzzer (resized).jpg
Over_Top_Delay_Re (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MaxAsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hello All - I have an odd issue with my Ball Night Rider (EM). One of the features of the game is a "Buzzer" that goes off when you cross the 100,000 point score. The game will also light a section of the backglass that says "King of the Road", as well as a section that shows "100,000" while you continue to play. All of this works properly, however the Buzzer will NOT stop buzzing. I owned this game previously (this is my second one), and in my previous game the buzzer only stayed on for a few seconds, then stopped and King of the Road (aka Over the Top) light went out. The 100,000 point light remained lit.

I'm trying to figure out why this game will not release the relays associated with the Buzzer. I believe the culprit may be the "Over the Top Delay Relay", but I could use some guidance. The only way I can currently stop the buzzer is to either shut off the game, or hit the start/reset to begin a new game.

Over_Top_Delay_Re (resized).jpgOver_Top_Delay_Re (resized).jpg

zOver_Top_Buzzer (resized).jpgzOver_Top_Buzzer (resized).jpg

#4 6 years ago

Aha... I hadn't even thought to check the proper bulb was in there. It was lit up (and stayed lit) because it wasn't a blinking/flashing bulb. I'll find one, replace it, and that should fix it. Thanks guys, should have thought of that, but when the bulb lit I ignored that as the culprit.

Edit: Found an old 455, put it in, bingo, problem solved. Looks like I need to replace the one on the "Delay" relay as well. Hasn't been a problem yet, but it's not a 455 and should be, so I'll do that too. Thanks again!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MaxAsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/night-rider-buzzer-wont-stop?tu=MaxAsh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.