3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Pinball-is-great
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“night owl or morning person?”

• night owl 107 votes
      55%
    • morning person 66 votes
      34%
    • other 21 votes
      11%

(194 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

The_Iron_Mistress-movie (resized).jpg
    20190805_170613 (resized).jpg
    247-MLV-20190730-LL-Ln2 (resized).jpg
    20190727_095234 (resized).jpg
    beach (resized).jpg
    DSCN6308 (resized).JPG

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 months ago

I have always been a night owl myself, working and goofing off until 3am and getting up at 2pm with the work I used to do. Now about 150 days a year I have to be up at 5am, and I hate that, but I do it. I only get 6 hours of sleep the night before but I make it happen.

#2 3 months ago

Both. Depends on the mood I'm in and if I have to work the next day. Sometimes that doesn't even matter.

I do mostly stay up till morning.

#3 3 months ago

Night owl. Rarely do I begin my work day before 11am.

#4 3 months ago

Night owl, like the peace and quite after everyone else is asleep in the house and pinside after dark! lol

#5 3 months ago

Morning for me..the best is when I wake up early to go golfing..

#6 3 months ago

Both.

#7 3 months ago

Night owl but I wish I was a morning person.

#8 3 months ago

I'm a night owl. Definitely not much of a fan of early mornings (I'm up at 4:30am for work every day)

#9 3 months ago

I hate it but I have to be a morning person now. Just getting 6 hours of sleep....but then off for 2 weeks and will be on vacation...finally.
    Good Night to all the night owls and pinsiders on the west coast.

#10 3 months ago

I've always said I do my best work late at night.

#12 3 months ago

Mornings. I like to see how much I can accomplish before noon

#13 3 months ago

Still a night owl although I have to wake up with my daughter now so I'm better at morning activities.
    Of course I've taught he to sleep in till 10am so that's a plus.

#14 3 months ago

I just gotta wonder how some of you east coasters and midwesterners are still on this forum when i sometimes show up at all ungodly hours.

#15 3 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I just gotta wonder how some of you east coasters and midwesterners are still on this forum when i sometimes show up at all ungodly hours.

Meth.

#16 3 months ago

SyntheticDavid! I remember you. They were giving you shit while I was in the Bahamas.

#17 3 months ago
    Quoted from TZBen:

Mornings. I like to see how much I can accomplish before noon

My dad always said "an hour in the morning is worth two in the afternoon when it comes to getting stuff done". I never really understood what he was talking about until I got older. These days I can get more work done in a couple hours in the morning then I can the whole rest of the day.

Since I am semi retired, self employed & work from home (anytime I want) my typical day goes something like this: Get up between 4 and 6 AM, get something done between 6 and noon. Do stuff around the house for a couple hours after noon and grab some lunch. Then fall a sleep for an hour, make my Post Office run and run errands. Get home and eat dinner then fall a sleep for a couple hours. Then back up until between midnight and 2 AM. Then a couple more hours sleep and repeat the process.

Strange by most peoples standards but it works for me. Typically I average between 4 and 5 hours sleep each day and that works out fine 95% of the time. The days I feel I need more rest I get up between 4 and 6 AM then go back to bed until I wake up again and start my day a little later. As has been said in several movies "there will be plenty of time for sleeping when I am dead".

#18 3 months ago

I go to bed at midnight to one and wake up at six. I think that means both?

#19 3 months ago

Both, I still remember the first time I heard that a third of our life was spent sleeping, it freaked me out so I started sleeping 5 hours at night which in turn became a lifestyle.

#20 3 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'm usually about noon to midnight CST or CDT. But often hours earlier or hours later.

And got to keep an eye on o-din. Just checking that he is still about. Last time he disappeared it was millions of lives and thousands of dollars to get him back.

LTG : )

#21 3 months ago

Totally a night owl. Married a morning person. They say opposites attract. I guess whoever they are were right.

#22 3 months ago

LTG's definitely a night owl. And he said noone.

#23 3 months ago

And here's how I'm spending all that money Lloyd. I'm buying ramps, plastics, and any other critical parts to keep these running until the big earthquake hits and swallows me and all these mechanical contraptions whole, or they stop making Jack Daniels in Tennessee, whichever comes first.
    DSCN6308 (resized).JPG

#24 3 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

until the big earthquake hits and swallows me and all these mechanical contraptions whole,

Nevada after the big one.

LTG : )

beach (resized).jpg
    #25 3 months ago

I work evenings (around 3-11), so i am up late. Thats why you will see so many posts of mine at the 1am-3am range.

#26 3 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Nevada after the big one.

Hmmm, I might have to invest in desert shoreline. Didn't work out so well last time at the Salton Sea, but that Lex Luther dude has promised me a whole new deal.

#27 3 months ago

I guess you would call me a Night Owl, usually go to bed around 6-7 AM, get up around 2 PM, been my schedule for 30 years plus.

#28 3 months ago

OK, I'm going to cut to the chase right now.

Pinball-Is-Great is a vampire or some other creature of the night. It is the only way he keeps the hours he does.

#29 3 months ago

Ha! I'm posting at 1:53 am but am really a morning person, just woke up with a desire to see what was happening on Pinside I guess . Years in the military have conditioned me to "do more before 9:00 a.m. than most people do all day!"

#30 3 months ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Ha! I'm posting at 1:53 am but am really a morning person, just woke up with a desire to see what was happening on Pinside I guess . Years in the military have conditioned me to "do more before 9:00 a.m. than most people do all day!"

I expect 5am posts

#31 3 months ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I expect 5am posts

I always try to time my 3:00 AM posts so they can get them fresh in the morning on the east coast.

#32 3 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Pinball-Is-Great is a vampire or some other creature of the night. It is the only way he keeps the hours he does.

Yes, I voted night owl. My work schedule and sleep schedule are inconsistent.
    So I'm sorta a morning person when I need to be.

Lots of the fun weekend activities with friends usually require getting an early start Sat mornings or Sun mornings, such as canoe/kayak trips with the paddle club I'm in.
    20190727_095234 (resized).jpg

But, on weekdays, other fun things are at night-time, such as Tue night bowling special at Lafayette Lanes from 9 to midnight, with a rate of $8/hr/lane. So, not getting home early from that. Last week I managed to get my new high score. Beat my old high score by 1 point. Most strikes I've had in a game is now 9 strikes.
    247-MLV-20190730-LL-Ln2 (resized).jpg

Tomorrow I'm guiding a kayaking swamp tour for a group of 4 from Quebec Canada. They want to see the sunset from on the water, so we are meeting at the store at 4:30 pm (CT here in south Louisiana), and won't get back to the store shop to unload til after dark.
    20190805_170613 (resized).jpg

Plus, many of the best posts on Pinside don't happen from 8 am to 5pm ET anyhow.
    Carry on Pinsiders!

#33 3 months ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Retirement has conditioned me to never wake up at o dark thirty ever again! I usually get up between 10-11 am and sleep around 3am

#34 3 months ago

I'm up every day (weekends included) at 4:00 am and go to bed each night at 10:30 pm and have been doing this for most of my life.

#35 3 months ago

I prefer mornings. My brain is fresh and I am more focused.

#36 3 months ago

I would prefer to be a night owl.....but work makes me more of a morning person.

#37 3 months ago

Definitely a morning person, always have been. "early to bed, early to rise makes a man Healthy, Wealthy and Wise" Oh well, at least Healthy anyway...

#38 3 months ago

hybrid.. morning person mid week and night owl/one man party brigade during the weekend.

#39 3 months ago

Morning person. 30 plus years of getting up at 5 am, hard to break that cycle .

#40 3 months ago

My alarm goes off at 2am 5 days a week for work. Im a morning person for that reason alone.

#41 3 months ago

I was a night owl until I discovered melatonin and hit 40, now I'm up at 0500 every day thus I voted other.
    I'm a flip flopper.

#42 3 months ago

Both go to bed late and wake up early prob. cause I feel like I don’t get shit done sleeping. Lol

#43 3 months ago

I'm more of a night owl, but nothing like the OP. In my house that's more like going to bed at 11:00pm and getting up at 7:00am. My wife is typically in bed around 9:30pm, so 11:00pm is late.

#44 3 months ago

I get up at 04:30. My shift in the powerhouse starts at 06:00. On the weekends I try to have my chores knocked out by noon.

#45 3 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Yes, I voted night owl. My work schedule and sleep schedule are inconsistent.
    So I'm sorta a morning person when I need to be.

Sooooo...when you need to drain the blood of your victims?

#46 3 months ago

Morning!
    No matter what time I go to bed, I'm up by 7am at the latest. Any later than that and I feel like I've wasted my day.

#47 3 months ago

Bed by 930p. Up at 530a. Gym at 645a. Work at 845a.

#48 3 months ago

I have a hard time shutting off my brain at night.
    It's rare that I get to sleep before 1 AM and most nights is 2 AM or later.

#49 3 months ago

Daditude,

Drain is a commonly used pinball term. All good there, no problem.

Two of the other words in your above post are not good words to post online at this time due to other horrible current events. Please consider editing your post.

#50 3 months ago

i sometimes wish i could just sleep all the time...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 279.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 16.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 15.95
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 34.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 219.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Hardware
    CPR Playfields
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 38.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 46.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 1,199.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside